New Neighbour

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*THUMP THUMP THUMP*

“JEONG!”

*THUMP THUMP THUMP*

“DAHYUN!”

*THUMP THUMP THUMP*

“CHAENG!”

Jeongyeon groaned as the noise stirred her from her sleep, which is insightful as to how loud the incessant knocking was - Jeongyeon was not a light sleeper. She lay still for a moment, tempted to just ignore them until they went away but that plan was thwarted when her little sister and Dahyun burst into the room. The duo also had been woken by the loud noise, however they knew that none of them would get any sleep whilst Jihyo was trying to get their attention. Chaeyoung glared at her sister’s still form, aiming her eyes at the pillow covering the girls head. She marched over to the window and pulled open the curtains. She then snatched the pillow and thumped her sister with it. When her sister just snuggled further into her blanket, Chae rolled her eyes and Dahyun stepped up. Without warning the blanket was whipped away.

“AHH!”

“Dude…”

“DAMMIT JEONGYEON BUY SOME PYJAMAS…OR UNDERWEAR!” A scandalised Jihyo shouted through the window,

“My eyes!” Chaeyoung moaned covering her face with her hands,

Dahyun politely returned the blanket to it’s place to cover the girl.

“Aww…I prefer you like that.” Nayeon said from her spot beside Jihyo, “But babe, get dressed. Only I can see you like that. Plus someone’s moving in to apartment 603.”

“Wait, for real?” Jeongyeon asked sitting up,

“Jeong…blanket.” Chaeyoung reminded looking away,

At the news of a new neighbour the trio all got ready, Dahyun kindly drawing the curtains for Jeongyeon much to Nayeon’s misery. The apartment next to Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and Dahyun’s had been empty for a few months now and the group had been excited for someone new to move in. Jihyo and Nayeon lived in the apartment above the trio, they’d been in the building the longest out of the group. Jeongyeon and Nayeon had been the ones the discover that their apartments, along with the apartments to the left of theirs, shared a fire escape. At first they had used it to keep their relationship a secret, but soon Chaeyoung and Dahyun found out and told Jihyo. Jihyo had been close friends with their neighbours, three Japanese girls living above the empty apartment. Eventually the group totalled eight and met up on the fire escape whenever they had free time.

“What’s up homos?” Dahyun greeted as she climbed out of her living room window,

“Speak for yourself.” Jihyo replied from her spot on the fire escape steps,

“Where are J-Trinity?” Chaeyoung asked following behind her friend,

“Looking for Mina, are we?” Dahyun teased,

“Pfft no.” Chaeyoung replied red-faced,

“Aww, don’t you miss me Chae?” Mina’s soft voice teased as she and her room-mates descended the steps,

“I..umm…” Chaeyoung stammered,

“Aw she’s blushing!” Dahyun sniggered,

“Shut up.”

At that moment Chaeyoung was saved from embarrassment by Jeongyeon appearing through the window, now fully dressed thank God. Nayeon squealed and ran over to her girlfriend, nearly choking the poor girl. Momo went over to lean on the railing next to Dahyun, watching as Jeongyeon tried in vain to escape her girlfriend's hold. Chaeyoung smirked at the sight of her best friend's ears turning pink after being in such close proximity to her crush. Before she could point out the matter she was cut off by Sana’s squeal as she ran past her.

“So is someone really moving in?” The squirrel squealed running to the window of the previously vacant apartment,

“Yup,” Nayeon chirped, “They’ve been moving stuff up for the last fifteen minuets.”

The group all gathered round the window, hoping for a peak at their new neighbour. Inside the apartment were a few large boxes, filled with various things. The new owner had ordered some new furniture as well. The thing that caught the groups eye was the fact that all the labels on the boxes were written in a foreign language. However, this realisation was short lived when Dahyun spotted something else.

“Oh my God,” She shouted, “They’re a stripper!”

“What?” Jihyo chuckled,

Dahyun pointed to an outfit which was folded inside a box, “They’ve got a police uniform and handcuffs!”

Jeongyeon face-palmed, “They could be a police officer you idiot.”

“Living in a huge apartment with what looks like a very expensive couch and a wide-screen TV on a police officers salary?”

“She has a point.” Chaeyoung agreed,

“It’d be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter