Will They Wont They (Jihyo)

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Yall ready for this? TWO UPDATES IN A DAY WOOP

 

Will They Wont They (Jihyo)

 

Jihyo was very confused.

 

Mr Chou and Jae-Yun were having a joint birthday party. Their birthdays were only a day apart and it was Jae-Yun who wanted to have a joint party. She had told them all she had felt bad that Mr Chou couldn’t spend it with Tzuyu and so wanted him to spend it with them. Nayeon and Jeongyeon had been so proud of her for offering to share her birthday while the others all liked Mr Chou anyway so had no problem with celebrating his birthday. This wasn’t what was confusing her, what was confusing her was her mother being there as Mr Chou’s plus one.It was no secret that they were close after getting to know each other but Jihyo had no idea if they were exclusively dating or not.

 

Not that she’d mind. Mr Chou was a good man, if he made her mother happy who was she to stand in the way of that.

 

Jihyo was watching them from where she stood on the fire escape, trying to figure out if there was anything there. She didn’t think it right to just ask her mother, it felt rude to enquire when in reality it wasn’t really any of her business. But the last time her mother saw someone was Jihyo’s father who died when she was ten. If her mother was opening herself up to the possibility of loving again Jihyo wanted to support her, she wanted her mother to know that she was happy for her. They didn’t need to keep secrets from one another. At that moment in time both Mrs Park and Mr Chou were talking with Jae-Yun as she told them about her birthday presents. The Yoo’s and Im’s were nearby, talking inside Chaeyoung’s living room along with a few other party guests. Not everyone could fit out on the escape so only the core group were out there with the BBQ.

 

“Speaking of presents!” Nayeon announced suddenly, appearing to remember something, “I have something more for you both.”

 

“Nayeon-ah,” Mr Chou smiled kindly, “You did not have to get me anything, you already allowed me to share your daughters party.”

 

“These ones aren’t from me,” Nayeon confessed rummaging through her handbag, “Elkie gave them to me when I went to the station to sell cookies.”

 

She produced two cards.

 

“Elkie got these from someone you both know in Beijing.”

 

Jihyo saw Sana’s posture straighten slightly, she placed a hand on her shoulder in comfort. The last bit of news they got about Tzuyu was nine days ago when Jackson let slip that Elkie had gone back to Beijing to get an update. Apparently they had been close to catching the guy. Jae-Yun received her card with a grin and immediately ripped it open, Mr Chou’s hands were shaking as he took it. Kang had to go over and open it for him as the elderly man seemed incapable. As Kang did this Jae-Yun read hers out.

 

“Happy Birthday! You’re all grown up now, stay strong and remember boys are stupid and you need to stay away from them till you’re at least thirty. I will see you soon.” Jae-Yun smiled and showed the letter to Jihyo’s mother with a beaming smile,

 

“What does yours say Kuan-Lin?” Ms Park asked,

 

“我原諒你.” Kang read out, handing the note to his father with a smile,

 

I forgive you.

 

Jihyo didn’t understand much Korean but she had learnt that sentence in her highschool Chinese classes. A small smile came to her face as she watched her mother comfort him when she thought no one was looking, she looked so happy. He looked grateful, like he was just as infatuated with her as she appeared to be with him. She felt a presence beside her but didn’t tear her gaze away from the elderly couple.

 

“They’re cute.” Mina said after a moment,

 

“Yeah they are,” Jihyo sighed, “I just wish I knew what was going on.”

 

“It’s actually funny how much you take after your mother.” Mina chuckled,

 

“How do you mean?”

 

“Well…her and Mr Chou are exactly like you and Jackson.”

 

Now, if anyone else had said it Jihyo would have told them they were just friends but because it was Mina she knew it wasn’t just gossip. Mina never repeated anything she heard without having proof, so if she of all people were saying out right that she knew there was something happening between Jihyo and Jackson there was no reason to lie because it was apparently obvious. For the last eight months Jihyo and Jackson had been seeing each other unofficially. It had started as Jihyo keeping the promise she made to look after Jackson, but soon she found she liked his company. She would not make the mistake she had with Wendy and rush into it full throttle, but she couldn’t deny that Jackson was a very attractive and kind hearted man. He was a perfect gentleman and Jihyo had found herself swooning more than once over the little things he did.

 

On date number seven, for example, he had cooked them dinner and they ate it together on the roof of the building under the stars. He even gave her his coat when she got cold. She really liked him, he had understood that her first love would always be Sunmi but he wasn’t trying to replace her. All Jackson would try to do was make Jihyo happy.

 

“I don’t know what to do about him.”

 

“Are you happy?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter