Freezing (Satzu)

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Only Sana could get herself into this sort of situation.

 

It was the usual Monday morning: she woke up in bed with a girl she didn’t recognise and rather than be a mature adult and wake her up to ask her to leave, Sana instead did her usual thing of hiding on the fire escape until mystery girl had gone. However, whilst she would usually leave the window open so she could get back in, this time Momo had closed it - wondering why it would even be open following the snow storm last night. Momo just shrugged it off and blamed the apartment ghost that she had affectionately called Larry. So here Sana was banging on her window praying that Mina had chosen today to be three hours late to work. When she realised nobody was home she tried the other apartments - however nobody was around. After beating on Jeongyeon’s bedroom window for ten minutes Sana sighed and sat on the icy step.

 

It began to snow again and Sana shivered. She could attempt to get down the ladders of the fire escape but the ice made it impossible and Sana was clumsy enough as it was. She cursed herself for her pyjama choice too - wearing only some shorts and a long t-shirt. Both of which were now soaked and sticking too her skin making her feel even colder. Slowly, she began to truly realise her situation - if nobody came home soon she could freeze to death out there. Tears tried to fall once this was realised but they quickly froze to her cheek and refused to move. When a shadow fell over the japenese girl she thought it was the grim reaper for a couple terror filled moments. Instead it was a different tall slim figure, with an umbrella rather than a scythe.

 

“You should be inside.” Tzuyu said,

 

“I-I’m l-locked ou-out.”Sana stammered, whether from cold or nerves she wasn’t sure,

 

Tzuyu paused for a moment. She had just arrived home from her night shift, due to the snow storm a lot of officers had been stranded and so she had been called in. She lived in walking distance of the station. She had noticed a figure on the fire escape and had thought it strange that anybody would be out in this weather so decided to put aside her social awkwardness and check on whoever it was. Tzuyu knew that Sana couldn’t stay out there like that and so she helped the other girl up and decided to take her inside.

 

“W-Where are we going?” Sana asked blushing at their proximity,

 

“You can warm up in my apartment.” The officer replied helping her through the window,

 

“Th-Thank you.”

 

The apartment was pristine. The white and red theme meant any dirt or untidiness would stick out like a sore thumb, however Sana noted that it didn’t even look lived in. She was worried that she would ruin the carpet as she entered but Tzuyu guided her to the couch and told her to sit - ignoring any mess. The taller girl then went and lit the fireplace, as she bent down to light it Sana was totally-not-ing-on-the-hot-woman-in-the-police-uniform. Before the other girl could catch her staring however, Sana started being….well Sana.

 

“So tell me officer,” Sana began in what she thought was the most flirty voice she had, “Do you often invite random girls in to your apartment?”

 

Tzuyu didn’t even turn round, “Only ones who are freezing to death.”

 

Sana pouted at her rebuttal, “Will you tell me your name?”

 

“Chou Tzuyu.”

 

“Sana, Minatozaki Sana.”

 

“Okay James Bond.”

 

Sana giggled, she didn’t know why she’d introduced herself like that either. Tzuyu stood and faced her. She was not expecting the next words out of the officers mouth:

 

“We need to get you out of those clothes.”

 

Sana smirked, “At least buy me dinner first.”

 

Tzuyu’s façade faltered slightly when her cheeks showed her embarrassment, “That’s not what I meant. Go into the bathroom and have a warm shower, I’ll find some clothes for you too borrow.”

 

“Whatever you say!” Sana replied with a wink as she walked towards the room Tzuyu was pointing too,

 

After grabbing an oversized hoodie, shirt and shorts from her closet, Tzuyu knocked on the bathroom door and gave them to Sana. She quickly told her she’d be changing out of her uniform if she needed anything and retreated in to her bedroom. She noticed her phone was flashing from where it had landed on her bed - she’d thrown it there when she went to rescue Sana. She sighe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter