Chapter 31

The Sisters Grimm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Quest Continues

Noon arrived quickly as the girls get ready to continue on their journey. They walked into the throne room where Nayeon was now instructing her workers of rebuilding the throne room and other damaged parts of the castle.

“Oh hey girls.” Nayeon greeted the moment she noticed their presence.

“Thinking of cleaning this place up a bit aren’t you?” said Umji.

“Building up this place, giving it a brand new look. All now is to fix up those glass windows and that hole in the wall out back.” 

“Sorry about that.” Doyeon chuckled as she scratched the back of her head.

“Anyways we’re here to bid you farewell, it’s been fun but we have our mission to continue.” Umji said as she reached out her hand and shook Nayeon’s

“Whenever you need help, i will be more than willing to aid you.” Nayeon bowed.

The sisters left the throne room and were headed to the stables to prepare for their departure. 

“Hey...” Sinb said as she pulled Yerin to walk next to her.

“Should we tell then about...us?” Yerin looked at Sinb as she thought of a reply.

“I think we should keep it to ourselves for the time being, there’s already one couple in the team plus now really is not the right time.” Yerin explained which made Sinb agree with her completely.

Mounting on their horses and wolf, the sisters were about to make their move until a bright blue flash appeared as Sana stood in front of them.

“Sana? What are you doing?” Sowon asked as she looked at the girl in front of her. She had a small sling bag strapped across her body with a blade seathed to her left.

“Nayeon told me that i should follow you on your journey. If you guys are okay with it...” She said while staring at the ground.

“Umji...” Sowon asked

“I mean her abilities will definitely make things more convenient. Since it was an order by a queen, i guess there’s no harm in adding one more to the party. Sure come along.” Umji said.

Sana smiled happily before running off to get her horse before they started their journey with a new friend in the team.

They rode off on their horses as Doyeon leaded them, she knows exactly where to go almost as if the map of the entire world was at the back of her head. They were headed to find SeolA the weilder of the Staff of Tal, the last weapon they needed to  get to stop Jericho.

They were riding for hours till the sun started to set and the pale moonlight greeted the sisters. The started a campfire where they rested for the night.

“You know we shouldn’t be resting...” Umji said as she walked rounds around the campfire.

“We’ll reach the temple of Tal by the following morning and Jericho still hasn’t shown any signs of attacking yet.” Doyeon reassures Umji.

“When the moon is full and the sun dies down...” Umji recalled the phrase that Dante told them back at Valrida.

“That phrase must have a hidden meaning to it...” 

“Umji i get it that you’re just trying your best to prevent the worse from happening but you have to know that we need rest in order for us to be focus in the field.” Eunha said to Umji.

“Thanks Eunha...” Umji said, she then went over and sat next to Sinb under a tree.

Eunha noticed that Sana wasn’t with them, in fact she was sitting by herself as she stared into the night sky. Eunha decided to check on her to make sure that everything is okay.

“Hey. The sky is pretty tonight isn’t it?” Eunha said before sitting down next to Sana.

“It looks like that everyday what makes today more special?” Sana ask with a tone which showed how uninterested she was.

“The stars are brighter than usual, when i was young i thought that the stars were angels and that the sky was their playground where they would dance around and play.” 

“I know that you’re concerned for me i’m grateful indeed, but i really need to have some time alone.” Sana spoke this time.

“I see, if you ever need someone to talk to, i’m here. I’m known to be the most calm person in this group.” Eunha winked before walking away from Sana.

“Look who made a new friend...” The sudden words startled Eunha as she turned around and saw Sowon standing on a tree branch as her body leaned onthe bark.

“Sowon were you watching me?” Eunha asked giving Sowon a very questioning look.

“Me? No i was just ermm...getting some fresh air...yes...some fresh air...” Sowon hopped off the tree and walked towards Eunha.

“Sowon you can’t lie to me and you know it, i may not have my eye but im not an idiot. Why were you watching me?” Eunha crossed her arms this time.

Sowon started to scratch her head as she tried to think of an answer that will not make Eunha thinks she’s weird.

“I was playing fetch with Fenris and he didn’t come back for quite some time.” Sow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter