Chapter 14

The Sisters Grimm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Phantom Awakens

Yuju and Umji made their way back to the castle as they walked pass a huge open field. In which they saw the others lying or sitting on the ground panting. “Guys it’s already late, did the four of you just finished having a two on two?” Umji asked while Sowon shouted a very loud and tired ‘yes’. “Now that i think about it, we havent actually had a proper training session havent we?” Yuju asked as Sinb nodded her head in agreement.

“How about tomorrow at dawn? A three on three, how does that sound?” Sowon offered as the other girls agreed. “Cant wait!” Yerin said before the four of them went back to their rooms while Umji and Yuju went to find for King Zelin. It’s already midnight but the king was still awake as he sat in the royal library and read a book next to the fireplace. “Pardon us your majesty...” Umji said while knocking the door a couple of times.

“Ahhh yes dear how may i help the both of you.” As the two of them approached him, Yuju removed her hood to reveal a familiar mask. Umji jumped in shock as she did not notice that Yuju was wearing a mask. “So we meet again...” King Zelin said as Yuju bowed her head and removed her jester looking mask. “You are that girl who took my necklace.” Yuju started to go on her knees apologising for her foolish mistakes.

The sight of the girl in front of him warmed the king’s heart as he too bent down so that their faces meet. “My dear, do not be afraid, I am not mad.” The king said in a whimsical tone as he helped Yuju up. “I believe you had a motive which is why i ordered my men not to harm you.” Yuju looked at the king with teary eyes as Umji wanted to hug her and to comfort her so badly.

“Wipe those tears away will you? A pretty lass like you should not be sad at all.” Yuju wiped her tears away with her sleeve as she spoke to him with a shaky voice. “Please...clear my name.” Umji then stepped foward and started to explain Yuju’s reason for stealing. The king listened as he let out a smile. “Ok. I shall clear your name, my men shall not only leave your cousin alone but i will let them be on a lookout to protect her.” Yuju started to thank him profusely before the two girls headed out.

“Feeling better already?” Umji asked Yuju as she just replied with a smile. Yuju then leaned closer amd gave Umji a peck on the cheek leaving the girl flustered. “That’s a reward for what you did for me.” As Umji rubbed the cheeck which Yuju kissed, she let out a smile followed by a faint chuckle as the two of them went back to their rooms.

The next day at exactly dawn, Sowon and Fenris made their way to the open field where the girls promised that they would meet. When she reached there she was greeted by a lulling music as she saw Yerin doing the usuals. “Morning!” Sowon said as Yerin returned her greetings. One by one the girls gathered on the field as the sat together before they split themselves into two different teams. Fenris walked beside Sowon until she stopped him. “Sorry boy. Just us girls only. Maybe next time.” Fenris started to whine like a little pup before heavily slamming his body onto the ground in annoyance. “I love you!” Sowon shouted as Fenris just laid there.

It was Eunha, Sowon and Yuju against Sinb, Yerin and Umji. As the six of them stood opposite from each other Umji drew her sword before jabbing it into the ground as she rested her arm of the handle. “First things first, Rules. Fight until you have no more moves then you’re out. Try not to hurt each other too much.” At this they started to arm themselves. Sowon drew her sword and crossbow while Eunha faced her palms towards the others. Yuju took out her daggers as she swung them around her fingers while Umji held Durendal in her hands. Yerin with her flute ready while Sinb already had a few fathers on both hands.

“Go!” Umji shouted as Yerin started to play a note with her flute causing the grass to attack once again while the others charged at each other. As the grass got closer and closer to the girls, Eunha raised her hands and blocked them from proceedin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter