Chapter 13

The Sisters Grimm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Serene Night 

The moon rose up as the people in Durint went back to their houses to call it a night. The streets were empty as Yuju walked along it alone. She had secretly gone out after the others had fallen asleep. Not wanting to wake them up, she got out from the window of her room as she used Yerin’s cloak and made her way around the kingdom.

The streets were quiet and dark and the wind was cold and chilly. Yuju walked quietly as she hummed a tune to herself. She was on her way to visit her cousin which she has not seen for a while. Her cousin, Choi Yoojung, was Yuju’s only friend when growing up. Not many people dared to talk to Yuju due to her father being famous for a bad reason, in the end she only had her cousin as her friend.

She turned into a alleyway where she saw a wanted poster with her face on it. “Wanted for theft.” She read to herself as she took down the poster and crumpled it and threw it behind her. “Well i guess now i’m wanted for littering.” As Yuju continued to make her way to her cousin’s place, she started to feel as if someone was watching her from behind.

Yuju then made another turn while the person who was behind her followed. The person then stopped walking after realising that Yuju was already staring at her with her daggers in her hands. “Ever heard of privacy?” Yuju said as her follower took of the hood she was wearing only to reveal that the person was none other than Umji. “Oh it’s you. Shouldn’t you be asleep by now?” Yuju said as Umji scratched her head trying to come up with an excuse.

“I couldn’t sleep so i decided to get some fresh air, then i saw you on the streets and thought i come along.” Umji said as Yuju just smiled as she went closer to the girl. “Whatever it is i am just going to visit my cousin and i will be back in a bit.” “Let me join you! I mean if you are okay with it.” Umji blurted out as Yuju nodded her head. “Okay...sure why not.” Umji smiled as she skipped towards Yuju side as the both of them made their way.

Back in the castle in Eunha’s room, the short haired girl stood in front of a mirror and stared at her scar. The secne of her accident played back in her mind as she bitterly re-lived that moment. The moment she turned around, the moment she got careless which resulted in her losing her most valuable abilities. She tried again to see if her powers came back but in the end there was still nothing. Her eyes would not glow as they used to, her barrier which she uses to protect her teammates were no more. 

All of these gone in mere seconds. Eunha heard a knock on the door followed by a soft and calm voice. “Can i come in?” Sowon said as she opened the door and walked next to Eunha. Staring at Eunha’s reflection on the mirror she let out a smile and caressed the girl’s hair. “Eunha what do you see in the mirror?”

“I see my reflection, staring back at me but with a hideous scar on her face which makes her useless.” Eunha frowned as she balled her fist. Sowon gently held Eunha’s wrist as she started to chuckle. “Almost right...You know what i see? I see a brave and beautiful girl who would not let a minor setback get in the way of what she has to do. A girl who is willing to help anyone in need even though she feels as if she cannot do anything.” As Sowon continued to hold Eunha’s shoulder she said.

“You must teach your sense of self
  To stand upon its two feets
  To be brave the torments of fate
  And to never admit defeat.”

Sowon turned Eunha until they were facing each other. “You could have easily rejected us when we came to find you. But you still came back to us. You may not have your eyes or your barrier, but we still need you. You are much more than you think you are.” Sowon said as Eunha just looked at the taller girl with gaped open. Her expression then changed to a happy one as she started to smile.

“Thank you...All of you are the best friends i have ever met.” Eunha said as she went in and gave Sowon a hug while Sowon just stood there without moving. As Eunha continued to hug Sowon, the taller girl’s heart started to beat faster and faster till it became too obvious. Eunha released the hug as she stared out of the window of her room. 

“This reminds me of that time in Valrida when you and Fenris were sitting at the balcony. Only this time its just us.” Eunha said as she held onto Sowon’s hand as the both of them gazed outside the window. “Its moments like these

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter