Chapter 3

The Sisters Grimm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Entering: The Phantom

The city of Durint celebrates birthday of King Zelin as the streets were bustling with many activities. Stores lined up around every corner selling goods at very high price for a very special occassion. It was a special day indeed as royalties from other kingdom also made their way over to celebrate with the people.

King Zelin was a honourable and noble man. A man of wisdom and courage who sees everyone as equals despite their status. He is well respected by his subjects as he cares for them and protects them. As generous as the king is, he allowed everyone to attend the festival. Even those from Pechadur. A king similar to his distant cousin King Velente of the city of Valrida.

This however adds on to the fact that on that day every royal guard will be stationed at every point of the city to prevent any attacks or set backs from happening. Every year the king's subject puts on a show to show their respect and the winner would be awarded with a gift from the royal treasury. Every year people take part in this event to try to win whatever was offered and only the most talented ones would become victorious.

As the show was about to commence, the king himself together with the queen and the young princess, the heir to the throne, sat at the podeum where they were highly guarded. They waited patiently for the show to commence as they were excited to see what the people were capable of.

The performances were rather the same, most of them sang a tribute to the king while others showed their personal talents but no matter how mundane or how interesting the acts were, the king would never fail to show his appreciation by clapping and cheering loudly. His cheerful and joyfull character never fails to impress his subjects.

As most of the performers ended their act, the last performer showed up dressed in black overall and a very unique mask which looks like the face of a jester. "Marvelous overalls young lady! All the very best!" The king said as he started to applaud the performer. The mysetrious girl bowed respectfully as she started her performance.

She danced around the stage as she jumped and leaped gracefully from one point to another. Her elegant and precise movement captivated the audience as they admired her routine in awe. As she finished her dance, the audience cheered for her as she slowly walked up to the centre where the reward was. For this year, the king had decided to use a necklace made of pure gold as a reward.

With a swift movement, the lady grabbed the she grabbed the necklace and tried to run off. The sudden incident made everyone surprised as they gasped in shock "Theif! stop her!" One of the guards shouted and soon after many guards came and surrounded the girl. "You cant escape now! Put the necklace down this instance." However she did not comply, instead she just stood there and looked at the necklace in her hand.

The guards grew impatient as two of them walked up to the girl as they tried to take away what she has stolen. But the moment they laid their hands into the girl's arm, she turned into a swarm of butterflies as it flew off in different directions.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter