Chapter 30

The Sisters Grimm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Long Live The Rebel Queen

Rain falls ever so soft and gently in the grass plains beyond the castle walls. Everyone stood with their heads hung low in silence as they faced hundreds of grave stones spread across the fields.

“Today we come together to pay our final respects to our brothers and those who sacrificed their very own lives for the sake of everyone else. Their deaths were not in vain and the heavens gained many brave angels. May they rest in peace.” The general of the resistance said as he went on to pay his respects.

Everyone lost someone that day, a friend, a brother, a son or even a father. Everyone gathered around a tombstone as they grieved over their loss. Nayeon held on to Momo tightly as she cried onto her shoulders in front of Dahyun’s grave. Sana was kneeling on the ground as tears kept falling from her eyes as Sowon was there comforting her.

“She did well, and i am envious of what she accomplished together with the resistance. A true soldier and a true friend.” Momo said as she wiped off the tears that were forming.

Hours had passed everyone slowly left the graves so that the dead may rest. Sowon led the sisters out giving those closer to Dahyun some alone time together.

“Dahyun ah...I couldn’t save you from my father please forgive me...” Nayeon said as she sniffled and sobbed. “Rest in peace. You were one of the best friends i could have ever asked for...” Nayeon left after giving a respectful bow together with Momo.

Sana remained at the grave still kneeling down as she wiped her red swollen eye. She couldn’t bear the fact that Dahyun was dead. 

“Dahyun. I really hope you are happy right now. Away from this world of evil and pain, know that we will always remember your bravery through the dark times, know that we will miss you a lot. Say hi to the others up there for me tell them i miss them too. I love you.” Sana took out a rose from her pocket as she placed it on the tombstone before walking away.

Back in the castle, the sisters gathered together after a long time in a while. The sat around a table and started their conversation while Fenris slept by the fireplace.

“It’s been a while since we had everyone together.” Sowon said happily while the others agreed in unison.

“So ‘equinox’ did you guys feel anything or remember anything that happened to you.” Yerin said.

“Once the spell was lifted we could only remember certain parts of what we did.” Eunha said.

“Well whatever it is it’s over and in the past let’s just forget about it and carry on, our mission is far from over.” Umji said.

“Come on babe, we had a rough day today let’s just relax and enjoy this moment before we jump back into another battle again.” Yuju said as she placed her arm across Umji’s shoulder.

Umji blushed at Yuju’s sudden move while everyone else just stared at them. 

“All hail the new king of Valrida!” Sinb stood up and saluted to Yuju in a joking manner which made everyone else around them laugh.

“I think they’re kind of cute.” Eunha said while still laughing at the joke her sister made.

“You two really missed out a lot.” Doyeon chimed in.

“We sure did.” Sinb said while gesturing towards the couple in front of her.

“Are you jealous little Eunbi?” Yuju mocked while Sinb just stuck out her tongue at them.

Its been a while since they could sit down and laugh together, they continued joking around and enjoyed their time together till Nayeon came in and stood in fromt of the girls.

“I can’t thank you guys enough for helping me.” Nayeon said as she did a bow full of sincerity.

“Hey it’s no problem, it was the right thing to do anyways.” Umji said as she stood up and offered Nayeon to sit next to her.

“Oh and i don’t think you have been properly introduced to Nayeon.” Yerin said to both Sinb and Eunha.

Nayeon introduced herself to both Eunha and Sinb whom kindly shook her hand. Nayeon happily decided to bury the hatchet of the events in the past as it was not their faults to begin with.

“It’s nice to meet new friends.” Nayeon said as she sat back down.

“So when will you guys be leaving?” Nayeon asked again.

“We decided to rest for the night and we shall embark tomorrow noon. We head to find the Staff of Tal which would take at least three days from here.” Doyeon explained.

Nayeon nodded her head as she listened to every detail of it. She fumbled into her pocket and took out the Amulet of Arachnos as she placed it on the table and slide it towards Sowon.

“Here take it, I’ll have you decide what to do with it.” Nayeon said

“Also as you guys probably know, my coronation is tonight and i am happy that you seven could be there. Oh and by the way your rooms are ready.” Nayeon said with a smile as she left.

“So about the amulet?” Yerin said as she took it and examined its features.

“Don’t we need that to destroy Jericho?” Sinb asked 

“Actually Jericho can only be destroyed by any weapon used by the Foundation.” Doyeon corrected Sinb.

“So we don’t really need it, do we?” Sowon asked this time.

“It’s dangerous and it’s powers are way too great, once the user is filled with greed, things will go bad again.” Doyeon added.

“So it’s decided then? Destroy the amulet before history repeats itself?” Umji confirmed as the girls all nodded their heads simultaneously.

“Give it to me my hammer shall do the trick.” Doyeon took the amulet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter