Kim Bum and ShiYoon's Thoughts

I Remember You, Oppa

I was happy that I spent the day with Yennie.  I wanted to be close to her but I felt like I was only getting close to Jiyeon.  I didn't want Yennie to notice, but I'm sure she did.  I felt bad because I thought she might be jealous.  After all, she allowed me to have this social life.  The reason why I wanted to spend the afternoon with her is to partially test out if she really was my Yennie.  The other reason?  I was slowly liking her.  And by slowly I mean gradually but it was kinda fast.  I already told Jiyeon that day that I was starting to like Yennie.  Jiyeon seemed concerned.  "Are you sure you like her?" I remember her asking me.  "After all, she's the sister you're looking for.  Even though she isn't your biological sister, don't you think it would cause an awkward tension?  I'm not trying to prevent you from telling her your feelings but for now I think that you should find out if she really is your sister."  And all this time I thought that Jiyeon was an airheaded girl.  She really does care and understand.  I'm grateful to have her as the person that understands me.  Jiyeon was the one who advised me to have a one-on-one date with Yennie and spend time together.  Jiyeon called a resturant and made reservations for me and Yennie.  Jiyeon, after finishing the call, gave me a wad of money.  "ShiYoon, use this to pay at the resturant!  Any money left over, go buy her a Hello Kitty plushie.  She really likes pliushies.  Don't worry about paying me back.  This isn't a loan or anything like that.  This is for the sake of YOU finding your sister." she grinned while saying all this.  I was so happy I charged at her and gave her a hug.  "Thanks a ton, Jiyeon!"  Jiyeon laughed.  "Hey!  Watch it!  I'm going to fall you retard!  Haha.  Like I said, I'm indebted to you.  I would do much more to bring two long separated siblings back together.  This is almost nothing!"

I saw Yennie sitting at her desk making faces.  I laughed to myself.  "Yennie used to do that too.  I guess somethings stay permanent for the rest of a person's life." I said to myself.  I walked over to Yennie and told her that I wanted to spend the afternoon with her.  I was glad that Yennie accepted the offer.  So after school we walked to her house and dropped out shool bags off.  Then, we headed out to main street.  We started walking and then Yennie did something really cute.  She linked her arms around mine as if we were like a couple.  I liked the feeling so I let her link arms and to add up the feeling that I enjoyed it, I pulled her closer to me.  I looked at her and she looked back at me.  She was turning a little pink and I smiled.  We continued to walk till we got to the park.  The entire time we were silent.  I tried stirring up a conversation starting with that I was glad that we're together alone spending time together.  Yennie suddenly chimmed in by apologizing like crazy.  As she was explaining to me that her spasms are often, I checked the time.  Jiyeon said that the reservation was at 6.  It was almost 5:30.  Yennie started to tell me her childhood.  "I really dont remember a lot of my toddler years.  I only remember up to waking up in a hospital.  My mother said that I was hit by a car but I don't even remember that.  I didn't even remember my name at that moment."  When she said that, I felt like I was struck by a lightening bolt.  She didn't remember her name?  Then maybe her name "Ye Eun" and nickname "Yennie" could all just be a coincidence.  Afterall, even her family name "Yoo" is pretty common too.  No way.  This is way too close to be considered coincidence.  Damnit.  Now I can't even ask her if she grew up in Daegu or anything related to my sister, Yennie.  SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER HER LIFE PRIOR TO THE ACCIDENT.  Yennie continued her story and I learned that Kim Bum was the one to let her talk and find her first smile.  I learned that Siwon was the one who let her be the spark in people's lives.  I learned that Jiyeon was her first friend that was a girl.  Even without knowing that she's my sister, her life is all set.  Am I still going to pursue my goal in finding out if she's my sister?  She doesn't know so I should give up.  At that point, I really did.  I checked the time and that 6:00 was rolling in fast.  I didn't want to be rude by running and making it seem that I didn't want to hear her.  After all, I am here to investigate and see if she really is my Yennie and spend time with her.  So I picked up my pace just a little to get to the resturant.

When we got there, I realized Jiyeon asked for a special reservation.  We got a separate room with dinner set for us.  Where there should have been a wall was a huge window.  It was like a glass wall.  The window faced the park that we just walked through.  The view was breath taking.  I pulled the chair out for Yennie and then I sat across from her.  Our waiter waltzed in and served us food.  Must thank Jiyeon!  She even ordered for us!  It was a fancy Italian pasta.  Our dinner was extremely delicious.  We started on our dessert: flan and tiramisu cake.  We continued talking but this time was my childhood.  I didn't want to just jump into talking about my sister so I just talked about my school life, how I helped father in the fields, games I used to play with friends and my sister.  When I mentioned Hide-n-Seek, I remembered Yennie's spasms at the picnic.  Almost at the same time, Yennie's eyebrows began to scrunch.  I was scared that her spasms might act up again so I started choosing my words carefully.  I just stopped talking overall because Yennie looked like she was in pain.  I walked to her side and asked if she was alright.  I'm not good with these things...  Kim Bum is, not me!  I have to get her home.  I sort of rushed her home.

By the time we got to her place, she seemed fine.  She invited me into her house and I met her mother.  Her mother questioned if I was her boyfriend.  I felt my neck getting hot mainly of two reasons: one, it's weird since I'm almost 100% she's my sister and two, I sort of did like Yennie.  Yennie seemed embarassed and seemed to want to leave this awkward situation.  When Yennie introduced me to her mother, her mother had a fright in her eyes.  It was almost as though she saw a ghost.  "Yoon...?  YOON ShiYoon?" is what I remember her saying.  Yennie already left the room to get some drinks and cookies so her mother asked in a hushed tone, "Are you Yoon MinYoung's son?"  I was in shock.  How did she know my mother's name?  "Uh... yes...?  How do you know my mother, Mrs. Yoo?"  At this point I was 95% sure that Yennie was my sister.  "Oh my goodness....  How much you grew!  Is your mother fine?  I hope she is.  I haven't spoken to her since she returned Yennie to me.  You are aware, aren't you?  Did you not notice Yennie as your adoptive sister when you got to Seoul?"  Mrs. Yoo just answered all that I wanted to know since I met Yennie.  "Yes....  Yes.... YES!" I breathed.  I felt like I was going to cry but no tears came to my face.  Mrs. Yoo looked like she was about to explode into tears.  Yennie came back to the living room and set down coffee and some butter cookies.  After finishing my coffee, I was going to leave.  "Yennie-ah!  I'll see you tomorrow!" I called as I left.  I caught Mrs. Yoo glance.  Her facial expressino showed thanks, regret, gratefulness, appreciation, and hope all at the same time.  I smiled as I left her house.  I wanted to spring up and scream to the world that I have found my sister.  I immediately called Jiyeon.  "Jiyeon!  Thank you so much for everything!  It's official.  After meeting Mrs. Yoo and telling her who I was, everything is settled!  I'm now 100, no, scratch that.  I'M 200% POSITIVE THAT YENNIE IS MY SISTER!" I declared.  I could hear Jiyeon squealing and dropping the phone.  "OMIGOSH!  Really?!?! NO PROBLEM!  OMIGOSH I'm crying.  I'm so happy for you ShiYoon-ah!  You've been with your sister all this time and now you really did find her with your heart completely positive about her!"  I was super happy.  If I had wings, I bet you that I would fly higher than the ducks, fly further than the geese when winter rolls in, I would touch the stars.  I have found my sister, Yennie.

 

"I'm spendning the afternoon with ShiYoon so you don't have to walk me home today, Bummie" is what she said to me.  I guess I'm glad she's comfortable around ShiYoon and I for one definately trust ShiYoon.  But I felt jealous, extremely jealous.  I've known Yennie the longest yet I was still jealous.  ShiYoon gets to be with the most amazing girl today.  I'm jealous of Siwon and ShiYoon often when they're around Yennie.  When I got home I quickly did my homework and then I just sat on the couch and just got lost in my thoughts.  My parents are always working so I usually have the house to myself.  I just kept thinking about Yennie.  Her long wavy chestnut hair and the way it shines in the light.  Her beautiful soft brown eyes always gazing into mine.  Her unique, beautiful laughter that's always been music to my ears.  Her touch, her hands when we used to play hand games as kids.  I missed it a lot.  I opened an old photo album and flipped through the photos of me and Yennie.  I came across one that a nurse took of us on Yennie's last day at the hospital.  That day suerly changed my life.  If Yennie hadn't opened the door and made me look like an idiot, I don't think we'd be as close as we are now.  I don't think I would have ever fallen for her.  I don't think that I would have kept my promise with Mrs. Yoo for this many years either.

I kept flipping through the pages and a picked up a picture of me with Siwon and Yennie when we were little.  It was me making a face at Yennie, Yennie making "peace" with two fingers, and Siwon clinging to Yennie's waist with a goofy smile on his face.  Did Siwon like Yennie even then?  I thought about it but the thought faded when I found another photo.  This time it was me, Siwon, Yennie, and Jiyeon.  We were so little then, too.  Yennie was smiling really big.  I laughed because Yennie had this cheesy smile and at that time, she lost her front tooth.  I blinked in that photo but I was standing next to Yennie.  Siwon, again, trying to make close contact with Yennie, but Jiyeon was reaching out towards Siwon's hand.  Jiyeon liked Siwon since she saw him, no doubt about that.  It's still bothering me...  Siwon is always too close and so touchy with Yennie since we were little.  Does he like her that much?  What does that make me then?  Suddenly, just by looking at Siwon in those old photos made me angry.  It made me angry and jealous.  Damn you, Siwon!  Why are you like this!  Clearly you like Yennie!  Why am I denying myself?  Why am I hurting myself?  Why can't you see that Jiyeon loves you?  You're so cruel to everyone but Yennie...  Choi Siwon...  You're unforgivable.  It hurts me so much it makes me want to rip my heart out.  Do you realize that Jiyeon is killing herself with all this pain because of you?  I felt the tears fall from my face.  I just sat at the couch for a bit longer.  I wanted out.  That does it.  I'm going to go tell Yennie that I love her!  I want to tell her before Siwon does!  I want to be that person that will always be at Yennie's side forever!  Just then, the entrance door opened and I heard Yennie's voice.  "Oh, uhm... Bummie? Is this a bad time? If it is, then I'll leave..." she said as she turned around to leave.  Make your move.  Now!  It's perfect chance!  Now or never!  Do it before she disappears from you.  I can't let her be swallowed by the darkness but I feel as though I am the darkness...  I got up and grabbed her into a back hug.  M left arm swung around her waist and my right arm wrapped around her upper body.  I hung my head over to the left.  I breathed in and started my confession.  "Yennie... Don't leave... I need you. I have to tell you something. I've known you so long and it only took me so long to realize that I really like you, Yennie. I'm conflicted. I didn't know that I liked you this much. Seeing you with other guys would make me normally upset because I felt that they would try to take away the friendship bond between me and you because we've been friends since..." I stopped myself before I said 5 years old because I'm supposedly her best friend from the moment we were born.  So I continued, "since...we were born. But now I realize that I really like you to the point that it's driving me crazy. Don't leave me, Yennie. Don't leave me for other guys. Saranghae, Yennie-ah."  There!  I did it!  I regret nothing!  Take that Siwon!  I confessed!  I won't let her be yours!  Tears escaped my eyes and fell on her beautiful hands.  The hands that I longed to hold once again, but this time holding them with passion and not just for some hand game like children do.

We stayed in that position for a little longer.  Then Yennie pulled away from my grasp.  Great.  Now she's going to run and leave you.  But she didn't.  She turned around and stared into my eyes.  I told her I'm sorry and that I would walk her home.  I went inside to get my jacket.  Upon getting my jacket, I stopped by the coffee table that was now littered with old photos.  I picked up the one that the nurse took of me and Yennie.  I smiled and a tear drop fell onto the photo right by Yennie's face.  I left the house and took Yennie home.  Walking her home was my usual thing but right now, it felt different.  Yennie started talking that she was really sorry and such.  I'm so thankful to have an understanding friend.  I said goodbye to her and that I'll see her tomorrow.  I walked back home.  I felt like running.  Just keep running and never stopping.  I entered my house, put away the photos, and went to my room.  I sort of threw myself onto the bed and just lied down thinking about Yennie.  People say that once you confess something, you feel a lot lighter.  Not me.  I felt heavy and and just wanted to sleep.  And that's exactly what I did.  Sleep till the sun started to rise and start the next day.