Memories Returned

I Remember You, Oppa

Mmmphhhhgrrrr....  Where am I?  Owie...  My head is spinning...  Ughh...  What happened?  I blinked open my eyes and I saw a dim lit room.  I was lying in a hospital bed.  Why am I in a hospital, again?  What happened to me this time?!?  I lifted my head and tried getting into a sitting up position.  I was alone in the room but not for long.  Kim Bum enters the room with some hot coffee.  When he saw me, he was startled but them he put a huge smile of relief.  "Yennie-ah!  You're awake!  Are you okay?  Do you remember everything?  What do you NOT remember?" Kim Bum attacked me with questions as he sat down.  "Ugh... my head.  Kim Bum, what happened?"  Kim Bum smiled and said, "You remember my name?  I was scared that you would lose all your memories again...  First tell me if you remembered what happened last week."  "LAST WEEK?!?!?  I'VE BEEN SLEEPING FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK IN THIS HOSPITAL?!?  Well, the last thing I remember....  Ah!  That's right.  That was you holding onto me and crying because I was having spasms again." I said as I looked at him.  "Really?  So do you remember your life back in Daegu?" he asked.  "Daegu....?" I asked.  "Ow!  My head is spinning...  Uhmm, let's see...  Rghh.....  I don't remember much, though..."  I feel like I failed some test because I don't remember such things....  Think Yennie!  Did you grow up in Daegu?  A sudden flashback moment happened.

*FLASHBACK*

"Yennie...  You know that I love you a lot, right?"

"Yes, mommie.  Of course I know that.  No matter what you always love me and I will always love you!"

"That's good.  Don't forget me, darling.  No matter what happens, just understand that I did everything for your own good.  Please don't call me mommie or umma or mom or mother.  I'm....  I'm not really your mother..."

"What are you saying, mommie?"

"Please!  I said don't call me 'mommie'!  I'm not your mother!  Child, please listen to me!  I love you like my own child, ShiYoon.  ShiYoon isn't your brother.  You're actually adopted into our family!  Your real parents want you back now so don't try to come back to us!  Your real name isn't Yoon Ye Eun.  Yennie-ah, it's Yoo Ye Eun!  Your parents are coming to get you now.  Please don't cry child!  Yennie, I did it to help your parents.  Your parents actually really love you.  I did what was best for them, for you!  Yennie!  Don't run into the streets!  It's dangerous!  Young lady!  Come here, right now!  *gasp* YENNIE!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

*CRASHHHH!!!!!!*

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  KIM BUM!" I screamed and I nearly killed him because I scared him.  Tears started to fall from my eyes.  "WHERE'S OPPA!  I WANT MY OPPA!!!  OPPA!!!!" I screamed.  I started to get up from the bed but I fell to the floor.  Kim Bum rushed to help me up.  "Oppa!  I want my oppa!  ShiYoon Oppa!!!!!!" I cried.  I couldn't stop crying.  I remembered everything now.  I was hit by a car when I ran away from the woman that I called "mother" for 5 years.  I ran into the streets like a stupid little girl.  I remember the woman screaming my name as the car's headlights flashed into my eyes.  Going further back now, I remembered my brother's face.  ShiYoon....  His childish smile and his hair that always falls to his eyes.  His serious look when we was upset.  It made me sick thinking that I thought my brother was a beautiful person and that I wanted to hook up with him.  Despite him being a non-blood related relative, I still felt grossed out.  I remembered him not finding me while playing Hide-n-Seek.  I remember writing a letter to him the day I went to Seoul for the first time.  I remember packing all my small belongings and thinking that we were going to the beautiful, huge park in Seoul.  It was all a lie.  I felt upset remembering my "mother's" words saying that everything she did was for my good.  I cried as I held onto Kim Bum.

"Yennie, I'll call ShiYoon if you want me to." Kim Bum said to me.  I looked at him and nodded my head.  "ShiYoon...  This is Kim Bum.  Yennie woke up and she's looking for you.  Yes, she remembers everything.  Everything as in, she remembers her life in Daegu as well.  Hurry up here.  She woke up and was going frantic calling for you."  Kim Bum looked at me with almost sad eyes.  "You're brother should be here soon so let's get you back up on the bed.  Let's wash you up a bit, too.  Don't wanna look gross infront of your oppa, right?" Kim Bum said softly.  I was happy that I was going to see ShiYoon again, but this time seeing ShiYoon as my brother.  I smile and said to myself, "Oppa....  I remember you, oppa...."

When ShiYoon came, he bursted through the door and cried out, "Yennie!  Are you okay?  How are you feeling?"  Kim Bum was sitting next to me in a chair and stood up when ShiYoon came through the door.  "OPPA!!" I cried as I leaped out of the bed and ran to him, giving him a big hug.  Oppa hugged me back tightly and started to cry a little.  "Oh my gosh, Yennie!  You remember everything?  Are you alright?  No more spasms?  Good, good."  Just like the oppa I know.  Always caring for me and constantly asking questions till I get super annoyed.  This time, it wasn't annoying, rather I liked being like this.  I wanted this moment to last forever.  "I'm going to leave you two now." Kim Bum said as he put on his jacket.  I looked up at him but I couldn't meet his eyes.  "I have to do something.  ShiYoon.  Take care of your sister.  I'll be back tomorrow if you want, Yennie." he said and hurried out of the room.  "Come tomorrow, too, Kim  Bum!" I shouted after him.  I looked at Oppa again and smiled bigger than I ever had since, well since it's safe to say now, I can remember.  And that would be when "mother" said that we were going out for a special birthday surprise in Seoul.  "Mother and father.  I want to see mother and father.  When can I see them?" I asked Oppa.  He laughed and said, "When you're discharged from the hospital I promise we'll go see them."  I was excited to see my adoptive parents and apologize to mother for being a disobedient girl and trying to run away from her.  I wanted to thank my adoptive parents for raising me and loving me as much as they loved Oppa.  I wanted to run through the fields and laugh with Oppa again.  I wanted so much, all done at one time.  I whispered through my tears, "I remember you... Oppa..." and I fell into his arms and cried with a smile on my face.  Oppa....