I Can't Let You Have Her, I'm The New Hero

I Remember You, Oppa

I wasn't feeling like the most amazing person when I got to school.  After giving Yennie that ride yesterday, I knew that I had to make her mine, soon.  I'm selfish, you know.  I would normally be warm hearted to my best friend, Siwon.  I should have let ShiYoon go with Yennie since he's her brother.  No.  At that moment, I was the coldest person ever.  I scared myself.  I almost didn't recognize my own personality. 

Jiyeon came to me that morning with big news.  She almost knocked me over as she panted.  "Whoa.  Slow down, Jiyeon.  You know, you make me worry too much about you.  That isn't good.  Best friends take care of each other.  Not nag and worry over them like a mom."  Jiyeon laughed and literlaly screamed at me.  "I HAVE BIG NEWS TO TELL YOU!  IT'S ABOUT SHIYOON AND YENNIE!"  My heart fell.  Are they dating?  No way!  I can't have that!  Yennie is mine.  I won't let anyone take her from me.  Not even a nice guy like ShiYoon can have her.  "ShiYoon is going to tell Yennie that he's her brother!  Remember when you told me that you met Yennie in a hospital when she was 5 and she didn't remember anything about her past?  Well, her past was with us the entire time!  Yennie was adopted to ShiYoon's family a long time ago and Yennie went back to Mrs. Yoo when Yennie turned 5 years old!  She got hit by a car and she didn't remember anythign!  But Omigosh!  ShiYoon's reunited with his beloved sister!  I feel like I'm watching some sad sweet drama!" Jiyeon screamed.  It almost sounded like she said all this in one breath.  I was interested and surprised and relieved all at the same time.  Siblings?  So that's why ShiYoon is trying so hard to get close to her.  At least they aren't dating.  I'm glad that her past is finally here.

We saw Siwon by where Yennie's locker is.  He was staring at someone in front of him: Yennie running to ShiYoon.  "Yennie doesn't know yet.  ShiYoon wants to talk to her during breaktime." Jiyeon said.  So she doesn't know yet.  I guess that means that Siwon doesn't know either...  I talked to Siwon saying that we should get to class too.  We walked together to our math class.  Breaktime rolled around and I saw Siwon bolt up and leave the classroom.  I called out to Jiyeon saying that we should meet the others at the courtyard as well.  "I brought bunny apples to share with everyone!" Jiyeon called.  I smiled.  Although Jiyeon has a maid, the one thing that Jiyeon does best is make art when it comes to food.  We left and we saw Siwon pretty far up ahead of us.  "Let's catch up.  Wonder why Siwon is so excited to get out..." I said.  We ran through the hallways and I noticed that Siwon's fists were clenched together tightly.  Oh no...  Did Siwon think that Yennie going to ShiYoon meant that the two are together?  Siwon, what are you thinking?!?  You always jump to conclusions like this!  Don't punch ShiYoon, please!

I saw Yennie from the corner of my eye.  She started running with us.  "Hey guys.  Why are you running?"  At that point Siwon grabbed onto ShiYoon's collar.  Yennie looked horrified.  Yennie picked her speed up faster and faster, soon leaving me and Jiyeon to catch up.  Yennie is a fast runner.  She and Siwon are the fastest betweent he rest of us.  "YOO YE EUN IS MY SISTER!" is what i recall ShiYoon telling Siwon.  Suddenly, I felt a chill in my spine.  I felt as though the darkness finally caught up.  The darkness that I tried so hard to lock away suddenly bursted from its jail ready to take Yennie.  Sure enough, something did take Yennie over: her spasms.  All this time.  These spasms were memory spasms.  Memories trying to make her remember who she was.  This would be too much for Yennie!  What if she dies?!?  Oh no you don't!  Darkness!  Leave!  Leave Yennie alone!  Please don't take her!

"O-o-oppa...?" is what I remembered Yennie saying before the most scariest thing can happen to someone you love with a passion.  Her scream pierced through the courtyard of the school.  Tears bursted from her eyes and she fell to the ground.  "YENNIE!" Jiyeon called.  YENNIE!  DON'T GIVE IN TO IT!  FIGHT IT LIKE HOW YOU'VE BEEN FIGHTING IT ALL THESE YEARS!  YOU CAN DO IT!  Yennie started to shake like a madman.  ShiYoon and Siwon didn't know what to do.  Jiyeon dialed on her phone for emergency and I ran to Yennie's side.  Her eyes opened a little to see my face.  "O-o-oppa.....?" she muttered before her voice died out and screamed again.  I cradled her like a child.  I felt the tears from my eyes fall in Yennie's beautiful chestnut hair.  I was so scared.  I tried putting comforting words but it turned to apologetic words.  I felt sorry that I couldn't protect her.  I felt sorry that I lied to her saying that at birth, we were immediately friends.  I felt sorry that she had to go through all this pain.  I didn't want her to be taken by the darkness.  If the darkness wanted her, it would have to take me as well.  The pain Yennie feels, I have to feel it as well.  The hardship she suffers, I'll suffer as well.  When she's happy, sad, angry, crying, laughing, I would be like that, too. 

When the ambulance came, I hurriedly helped them put Yennie into the medical bed.  I rushed with the medical team into the ambulance.  I saw a glimpse of Siwon trying to catch up with us.  No, Siwon.  Not this time!  I"m going to be her superman this time.  I can't let you take her like how the darkness is.  "Do you know the person that is following us?" asked the driver.  I told them I didn't now that boy so they drove away.  I glared at Siwon and he seemed to step back upon seeing my glare.  I meant to show that he was not welcomed to be with Yennie when I'm with her.  When Siwon was out of sight I stared back down at Yennie.  Her spazzing ceased a little but she was shaking like crazy.  I held her hand and she immediately squeezed my hand.  I prayed.  I prayed so hard.  I was tearing again.  The nurse that was in the vehicle with us asked me, "Are you this young girl's boyfriend?"  I looked at her.  I wanted to lie and say, "Yes, I'm her boyfriend" but I didn't and just shook my head.  "I'm just her best friend.  I always look out for her...  Ever since we were 5 years old..." my voice faded.  The nurse gave me a tissue and said, "Don't worry, sonny.  She'll be alright."  I really believed the nurse at that moment.  I took out my phone and dialed Mrs. Yoo's number.  "Yeobo-saeyo?" Mrs. Yoo's voice said at the other end of the line.  "Mrs. Yoo, it's me, Kim Bum.  We have a problem.  Yennie's spasms...  They were memory spasms, right?  ShiYoon revealed that Yennie is his sister and Yennie started shaking.  We're going to the hospital right now.  If you cannot leave your work, it's fine.  I'll stay with Yennie the entire way till she gets up.  You can come?  Please do.  I think if her parents are with her, it would be best.  Thank you."  I hung up the phone.  "You're such a responsible young man." the nurse said.  I looked up at her.  She smiled and said, "I never seen a young man care for a girl like this.  She must really be important to you, not just as a best friend."  You don't even know the half of it, lady.  I smiled and whispered, "Yeah...  She's so important to me.  More important than life itself..."