I'm in WHOSE ROOM?!? & ShiYoon's Thoughts

I Remember You, Oppa

Breathe.... Breathe.... Breathe in and breathe out, Park Jiyeon!  It's nothing!  Why are you so fired up about?  It just happened to NOT be the day where you could tell Yennie about you liking Siwon.  Yeah...  That's it!  Just set up another day where you can talk  privatly.  Next time, NO SIWON!  We are definately NOT going back to that fancy cafe!  Once I win Siwon's heart I'll go to that cafe as often as I want!

Why do I live in such a fantasy dream?  I should have known that something wrong will happen.  I guess I shouldn't make fun of Yennie and keep singing out "Yennie Sangtae" when clearly I problem of my own.  "Jiyeon Sangtae" is when a girl lives in a bubble and only thinks of herself and only herself.  She also thinks that the world is perfect and everything will go her way.  Why am I so stupid?!?  I was beginning to really hate myself now.  I wanted to run away and never deal with this problem again.

When I left the cafe, I felt my lungs and heart come up my trachea.  I wanted to cry so hard.  I didn't; I just clutched my hand bag tighter till my new French nail manicure dug into my skin.  It hurt but it didn't matter.  I was too caught up in thought about such horrible timing I didn't concentrate on what was outside.  It was so bad to the point that I literally ran into someone.  "Ah!  I'm sorry!  Are you alright?"  I felt clumsy and stupid.  "Hmm?  I'm alright.  Are you okay, Miss Park?  You don't seem to have your usual sparkle, Jiyeon.  Tell me, what's wrong?"  I looked up and saw Kim Bum's kind face, small yet concerned smile, and questioning eyes.  I wished that it was Siwon who woul ask me that question.  Then I started to cry.  "Yah!  What's wrong with you all of a sudden?  What happened?  You went shopping that for sure.  Did someone steal your wallet?  Your iPhone?  a sweater you bought or something?"  I shook my head violently.  I looked at Bummie's face and said in a loud voice "Siwon stole my day with Yennie!"  I broke down into more tears.  Kim Bum made my arm link into his arm.  It felt nice.  He quietly said, "Not so loud, Jiyeon.  And you shouldn't cry.  Remember, it'll ruin your face.  You always tell me that.  Let's sit and talk at a park; not in the middle of the streets."

We sat at a park bench and we sat for awhile till i stopped crying.  Then I spoke, "Yennie and I were having the "Girls' Day Out' that I promised her for so long.  It was all goingwell till we met Siwon who met at a cafe.  I wanted to tell Yennie that I liked Siwon but I can't do it when Siwon is going to be right there with us!  He totally ruined my day with Yennie!"  I felt the tears come up again.  I thought that Kim Bum would be tired of me wailing and complaining and talking lovey dovey stuff about Siwon but instead, he looks at me and without hesitation he pulls me over to a big warm hug.  "Ah...  So THAT'S the reason why you're so distressed.  Don't worry, Jiyeon!  You'll have another day.  How about I help in a way?  Pick a day to rearrange a 'Girls' Day Out' and I'll take Siwon and ShiYoon to some baseball game of something.  In that way, we'll be clear out of your way!"  I smiled.  Kim Bum is always trying to help.  I sometimes feel guilty and wished he was a girl.  If he was then his name would become Kim Bom.  Hee hee...  His nickname will be Bommie.  If Bum was a girl then I would do so much to thank her.  But no, he's a guy so I smiled and gave him a hug in return.

I went home around 4:30 pm and was pretty much tired.  But I was still feeling bummed out from today so i decided to take a breather so I went out again.  I must have been super tired because I went to the park and collapsed right onto the grassy area.  I don't really remember but I believe that someone was running towards me...

I woke up startled.  I spun around and observed the room I was in.  It was definately a guy's room.  Rather it was a small apartment.  I got really scared.  IS SOME ERT TRYING TO ME OR SOMETHING?!?!  "Oh good, you're awake."  A familiar voice called so my heart stopped racing a bit  I turned my head to the left and I saw Yoon ShiYoon.  I was super relieved.  "Yah!  Where am I?  How did you find me?"  "Hey hey hey...  Easy now.  Jiyeon you passed out at the park if you don't remember.  I was jogging around the park and I saw you.  I was going to say 'hi' but you fell.  So I just sat next to you hoping that you would wake up soon but that never happened.  The park was going to close and to just wake you up would make me feel bad so I carried you to my apartment.  Sorry it's super tiny.  You live in like a mansion so coming here must be a super bum out."  ShiYoon was so cute.  Such gentleman-like hospitality.  I glanced at the clock and I saw that it was 11:30 pm.  "OMIGOSH!  IT'S PAST 11?!?!?  MOTHER WILL KILL ME!"  ShiYoon grabbed my hand.  "It's okay.  Using your phone I called your mother and told her that you were sleeping at a friend's house.  She thinks you're at Yennie's house.  I didn't tell her that you're at a guy's house because I think she'd think I was going to you or something.  You can stay the night if you're still tired.  It's too dangerous to walk outside by yourself.  I'll set out another mat for myself to sleep on."  I slowly sat back down.  I wasn't tired but ShiYoon had a point.  I observed the room and walked over to the small table.  There was a picture frame with a photo of two children on it: one boy one girl.  I put the frame back down.

ShiYoon came into the room with lots of blankets and started making a make-shift bed for himself.  "Ahh...  Uhmm...  ShiYoon?  Who are these children in this photo?" I asked.  ShiYoon looked over behind and gave a small smile.  "That's an old photo of me and my sister.  Well... adoptive sister.  She's back with her biological parents now.  I haven't seen her since i was 5 years old.  Reason why I came to study in Seoul; I hope to find my sister..."  Something was strangly familiar with the photo though.  I shook off the thought.  BAH!  As kids, we all looked the same due to baby fat!  But then again... We sort of do look like our child self...  This girl looks familiar yet so distant.....  Who is she?!?  I want to meet ShiYoon's sister!  Maybe she and Yennie can come with me to go shopping one day!  "Can you tell me a bit about your sister?" I asked.  I was curious but I hope I didn't offend him in anyway.  ShiYoon smiled and said sure.

 

Jiyeon wanted to know about my sister so I decided to tell her.  I told Yennie a little about my sister but I definately told Jiyeon more.  "My little sister was the most interesting kid ever.  She had this spunk that everyone in my town just adored.  My friends said that I was lucky to have a sister like her.  I call her 'little sis' but we're only few months apart.  Despite that, she still called me 'oppa' as if she was years younger than me.  I really didn't mind, though.  It made me feel big and important.  On top of that, me being the oppa turned me into an overprotective brother.  Little sis disliked it but she liked it at the same time.  Hah~  Little sis was always conflicted on how she felt.  I over heard my parents one night conversing about little sis's 5th birthday.  I wanted to run and suggest a surprise party but they weren't talking about some party.  They were saying 'returning Yennie to her family again.'  I was horrified at that moment.  I felt that I was lied to, and I was living a lie.  From that day till the day of her 5th birthday I didn't want to get too close to her.  There were many reasons why.  One, I didn't want to be too attached to when my parents take her back to her real family.  Second, I didn't want close contact because I was afraid to develope a feeling that is stronger that sibling love; real love between boy and girl.  I ended up hurting a lot.  When we played Hide-n-Seek, I would always be the seeker and never really seek my sister.  One day she came home late crying, 'OPPA PABO!  YOU NEVER CAME TO FIND ME!  YOU'RE A HORRIBLE SEEKER!  I HATE YOU!  I NEVER WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU AGAIN!'  I guess I decided to play that game on the wrong day because that was the last I ever saw her.  The next day was her birthday.  I came home from school late.  I remembered that it was her birthday so I remembered that she was returning to her biological family.  I ran home but she wasn't there and neither was mother.  Father looked at me and gave me a tiny letter.  I have it here with me right now.  'Dear Oppa, Oppa!  Did you remember it was my birthday today?  Mommie said that I didn't have to go to school and that she will do a fun adventure together.  WE'RE GOING TO SEOUL!  Mommie packed me my doll, some photos of only me, some of my clothes and lunch.  If only you stayed a bit, I'm sure Mommie would have let you come too!  Mommie said this is going to be a long trip so if I don't see you tonight, I'll see you in the morning!  Don't forget me!  Love always, Your little sister' is what she wrote to me.  This is the only thing left I have from her.  This letter and that photo.  Now I'm really hoping to find my sister....  I have to, no matter what.  Jiyeon?"  She was crying so hard.  I never saw her like this.  "SHIYOON, I NEVER KNEW THE PAIN THAT YOU WERE GOING THROUGH!"  She grabbed my head and pulled me close to her chest and gave me a suffocating hug around my head.  "SHIYOON!!! IF THERE'S ANYTHING I CAN HELP YOU WITH THEN TELL ME!!!  I WANT TO REUNITE YOU WITH YOUR SISTER AT ANY COST!"  Jiyeon amuses me.  "There's nothing we could do tonight so I suggest you go to sleep.  Goodnight, Jiyeon."  I crawled into my little bed and curled myself in.  Telling my story to someone made me feel weird.  I never told this to anyone, but Jiyeon.  I really need to find my sister as soon as possible.  Jiyeon was still sitting up looking at my back.  Jiyeon reached over and started patting my back and saying, "I'll help you just as you helped me."