Yennie's True Feelings

I Remember You, Oppa

I felt a weird vibe going on in the room when I entered Yennie's room.  ShiYoon looked disturbed but relieved when he saw me; Yennie looked like she saw a ghost and was about to cry.

After ShiYoon left i walked over and put a present next to Yennie.  The color in her face returned as she excitedly asked, "Is this for me?"  "No, pabo.  It's for someone else in this hospital.  I'm joking, of course this is for you.  Haha!"  Yennie looked at me and then reached for the present.  She has an interesting way of removing gift wrapping paper.  She peels of the tape and them takes off the paper.  Many people would just rip away at presents but Yennie doesn't.  She's done this since we were little.  "OMIGOSH!  Kim Bum~ you didn't have to!" she gushed.  Yennie's present was a Blue Bear plushie from Morning Glory.  Yennie has a collection of these character plushies.  Hello Kitty, Kerroppi, Choco Cat, Pochaco, Pucca, Miffy, you name it.  I've seen then when I went to her room when we were still kids.  Going to her room now would be really awkward since we're almost adults.  But if my memory serves me right, she never did have a Blue Bear plushie.  I was happy when I saw her expression.  It made me feel like I have conquered the world.  She is my world....  I have to conquer the world in a way that it would be permanent and no one can take her from me as long as I live.  Yennie...  I want you to be my girlfriend.

"Kim Bum, I'm so happy you decided to stop by." Yennie said, breaking my train of thoughts.  I looked at her and she smiled.  "Things are a little weird between Oppa and me.  Since we've found each other I've been happy but I don't know...  Something is a little weird and it makes me wish that I didn't remember everything.  Funny, huh?  I"m being selfish, aren't I?" she said with a small smile.  It made me sad that she seemed depressed.  Something happened between her and ShiYoon?  What could it be?  Afterall, ShiYoon only went to find his sister that was living in Seoul.  What moer could he want?  Yennie looked at my puzzling facial expression and laughed.  "Kim Bum, come sit here next to me on the bed.  I want to talk to you but you're standing up and now my neck hurts from looking up at you."  I walked to her and sat down on the edge of the bed.  I was adjusting myself to sitting on the bed without crushing her legs and then suddenly Yennie did something that made me want to soar through the sky.  When I sat down, I was more at her level when she's sitting up from the bed.  She leaned towards me and kissed my cheek.  I looked at her in shock and I saw her cute face blush as she looked away.

"Don't keep staring at me, Kim Bum.  It's awkward when you're staring at me like that."  But honestly, after that, I couldn't stop staring.  I know I shouldn't since she told me not to but it was just so much of a shock that she did something all of a sudden.  "Yennie... why did you...?" I started but Yennie caught me off.  "Kim Bum...  Saranghae.  I really do.  I really, truly, deep down in my heart, I love you.  I don't know why that it took me so long to realize that the person that I love is you.  I'm sorry to make you go through so much pain." she said as she was tearing a little.  I felt the tears come up from my eyes as well.  "Yennie....." I began to say but Yennie cut me off again by throwing herself at me and clinging onto me.  "Kim Bum.  I want you to always be my hero, my heart, my love, the one who always has me by you side.  I want to be your girl.  I want you to be the one to always pull me out of the darkness when I'm in trouble.  I want to be yours and only yours.  Not Oppa's, or Siwon's, or anyone else's."  I was so surprised by Yennie that I had no words to say.  Say something!  At least DO something!  I let my arms curl around her and I kissed the top of her forehead.  "Yennie...  I don't know what to say.  I didn't know that you felt like this about me.  Did I make you feel this way when I told you my feelings?  I hope now, because I don't want to force my opinion on you.  Are you sure that this is how you feel?" I asked.  I wanted to be 100% sure that Yennie wanted this.  I only want what is good for Yennie.  If this isn't what she wants and is only saying this for my sake, I would get upset at Yennie.  Not for playing with my heart, rather lying to herself.  "Yes.  I really do want this.  I want you.  At first I thought Siwon was my hero to take me off my feet.  Seeing now he's not the one.  I thought about ShiYoon often but he's my Oppa and I only want him as my Oppa.  I realize that it's you that my heart really desires.  I love you, Kim Bum!"  I felt myself shake a little when she said those five words.  The five words that I always wanted to hear from Yennie, but not just saying it when we're in friend zone.  I wanted to hear it from her but saying it from the bottom of her heart that she truly loves me.  I finally had her.

I pulled her away from me and studied her face.  Her beautiful eyes gazing at mine.  curled into a big smile, a smile that I've always seen but this time in a new light.  Every inch of her perfect face I studied.  Then I let my hands wander to her face and pulled her into a kiss.  Our first kiss.  Her hands, her long fingers curled around my hand as she took my kiss and kissed me back.  I have her now.  I'm never letting her go.  Yennie, I love you so much.  You don't know how long I longed to hold you like this.  You don't know how long I longed to kiss you.  You don't know how long I longed to feel your touch.  You don't know how long I longed to hear you say "I love you" to me.  Most of all, you don't know how long I longed to LOVE you...  Yoo Ye Eun, you're my girl, now.