I've Suspected It For Awhile Now...

I Remember You, Oppa

Jiyeon left early the next morning.  When I woke up Jiyeon wasn’t there and her stuff was all gone.  She set up my bed really nicely though.  She left a small note on my bed too.  “ShiYoon-ah.  If there’s anything that I can help you with or want to talk about, don’t hesitate to contact me.  Sorry for being such a hassle for you yesterday.  I’m indebted to you.  – Jiyeon”  I smiled.  She didn’t really have to all this.  I mean, I used to do it all the time.  If I expected the people I helped to be indebted to me, well then!  If those indebtedness what like money, then I’d be rich.  I enjoy helping others with their problems.  I’m the kind of person that would always be there when you need me.  I guess telling Jiyeon about my sister made me feel really comfortable around her and that I wanted to tell her everything that was on my mind.  I’ve suspected that Yoo Ye Eun may be my sister.

You probably think I’m crazy.  I thought so too.  When I got to school on the first day and Yennie introduced herself, I wanted to smile like crazy.  Her attitude was just like little sis.  Not only that, my sister’s name was Ye Eun.  And we always called her Yennie.  Yoon Ye Eun; Yoo Ye Eun.  Was her real family name “Yoo”?  Although as we get older our baby fat goes away and our faces mature, we still have those distinct features that will always show who WE are.  Yennie’s face is pretty much matched up to my sister’s face.  I wanted to immediately run to find Yennie and tell her that she’s my sister and that I’m her oppa.  But I can’t do that.  If she wasn’t, I would look like some lunatic that escaped the mental asylum.  So I decided that the next time I see Jiyeon I will talk to her about my suspicions of Yennie being my sister.  I was 80% sure that Yennie is my sister.  I just need a few more things at hand to settle my argument.  I lied down on my bed to think about my life back in Daegu but I only could think about that night when the truth was revealed to me.

*FLASHBACK*

“Son, why are you so upset?”

“Father!  Yennie left and so did mom…..”

“Son, I want to tell you something… Yennie….  She isn’t coming back to Daegu to live us anymore…  She—“

“YENNIE’S ADOPTED!  I KNOW!  SHE REALLY ISNT A YOON!”

“Son, how….  How long have you known?”

“The night after her 4thbirthday…  I heard you and mom talking about how Yennie has to ‘to back to her REAL family’ now that she’s almost 5.  Why…  WHY?!!?”

“Son, it’s hard to explain.  Yennie’s family and your mother are really good friends.  They support each other.  Yennie’s parents were suffering financial crisis so they didn’t have the money to support themselves plus a baby.  So Yennie’s mother sent Yennie here.  It’s not like she wanted to.  Oh, son, c’mere.  Don’t be so devastated.  Maybe one day…  one day… maybe just one day, you’ll see Yennie again.”  I believed in father.  The next day mother returned home and she looked incredibly tired.  She and my father talked really quietly and the only thing I heard was them crying.  Were they crying that Yennie had to go back to Seoul?  Were they crying for the same reasons that I did?  I wanted to run to Seoul and scream and search desperately for Yennie.  “She’s MY sister!  She’s MY sister!” I remember myself saying that under my breath.

*PRESENT*

I rolled off of my bed and looked at the photo of me and Yennie.  I felt a tear roll off my cheek and onto my hand.  There are many factors that make me believe that Yennie is my Yennie, my sister.  One, They both live in Seoul.  Two, their personalities are amazingly similar.  Three, Yennie’s hair was light brown and slightly wavy just like Yennie.  Four, they’re both very social and love being with people.  Five, the games Yennie plays are the games my Yennie played.  Reminiscing and thinking over these factors made me 90% sure she was my sister.  I had to vent this all out…  I would tell Siwon but I don’t think Siwon likes me too well.  I would tell Kim Bum but he’s too protective over Yennie so I think he would start attacking me.  Of all, I wanted to tell Yennie but I didn’t want her to think I was a crazy guy.  My best choice is Jiyeon at the moment.  I grabbed my phone and I dialed her cell.  “Jiyeon?  Hi.  How are you today?  Good good, same here.  Hey listen.  Do you have time to come out today?  I need to talk to you.  I need someone to listen to me… and it’s kind of important and urgent.  Alright.  Thanks bye.”  I was really confident that Yennie was my sister.  I just need to talk it out at the moment.