Night At Kim Bum's House

I Remember You, Oppa

Tomorrow is when the hostpital discharges me.  I was so happy to be leaving the hospital.  Although I work part time here as nurse, I don't like being here as the patient.  But I suppose I had fun here.  I had the children that I work with visit me.  They would joke with me saying, "Noona, why are you here?  Since we're both sick, can we eat patbingsoo together?"  or "Unnie, lets draw pictures of what we want to do when we get to leave this hospital!"  I love drawing pictures and I love patbingsoo.  Patbingsoo is a Korean dessert that is shaved ice with red bean paste, condensed milk, and lots of fruit!  It taste good in humid weather or at sauna but I love it anytime of the year.  I drew pictures of being with my friends in the picnic field again, I drew pictures of me at home eat all the patbingsoo I want, and above all I drew pictures of me with Kim Bum, my new boyfriend.  It's funny calling him my boyfriend.  I don't give him pet names or nicknames like "honey" or "baby" or "hubby" or anything like that.  I feel like it's weird since he's my best friend.  And also, I feel that it's too early to be like that.  I mean I just confessed yesterday and we made it official from there.  But still, it made me super happy that I'm with the person that I love.

Today, early in the morning (it was Saturday), Kim Bum came to visit me last time before the hospital discharges me.  It's funny, he did that the first time I was in the hospital.  He brought in the same cake that he bought 11 years ago.  I laughed when he walked in holding the tiny cake.  "It's to make up for what we couldn't eat last time." he joked.  The cake, however, was customized.  He added in frosting "For my love, Yennie" with a big heart at the end of my name.  I smiled when I saw it.  Right when we were eating the cake, my parents walked in.  "Yennie-ah.  Oh, hello, Kim Bum.  Your mother and I are going to Daegu tonight.  We're taking the bullet train, the fastest train there is.  We're going to see the Yoon family and talk to them.  We're just going to catch up on things and such.  If we aren't back by tomorrow, then stay at a friend's house or something.  We don't have the spare key for some reason.  I'm sorry." my father said.  "Yes!  You could stay over night at Kim Bum's house since he's next door!  When was the last time you two had a sleep over anyways?" mother said.  I hope I didn't blush too much.  It's embarassing.  My parent's don't know about the sudden relationship and besides, we're almost adults and sleeping over at a friend's house that the opposite is super awkward.  I didn't want to sleep in a guy's bed till I'm married but I don't know...  Mother is crazy.  "I just hope we'll be back by tomorrow.  I hear that a snow storm is coming.  Oh I hope this wont come when we're still in Daegu.  Anyways, children, be warm and safe!" she called as she left.  Oh yes, the snow came in.  The thing I despise about winter.  SNOW.  UGH!!

So the hospital discharged me and Kim Bum was waiting for me outside with my motorcycle.  I was happy he brought the bike along because that means I get to hold onto him.  Kim Bum smiled at me and gave me my helmet.  "Let's have lunch somewhere.  I'm hungry.  I'm hungry for some legit Korean or Japanese food.  Let's go!" he said as we zoomed away.  I held onto him with a huge smile on my face.  We got to a small resturant and ordered our food.  Kim Bum ordered yukgaejang and I got omerice.  Kim Bum played around with the ketchup and squirted a heart on the omelette part of the omerice.  I giggled as I ate my omerice, eating around the edges of my heart first.  When we finished, Kim Bum ordered a patbingsoo as a dessert.  I smiled when he order my most favorite dessert ever.  He took the spoon and gathered a big spponful of patbingsoo and gave me first bite.  It was cute when he was spoon feeding me.  It made me blush and giggle uncontrollably.  I had the most fun lunchtime ever with Kim Bum.  "Let's hurry back to my place since you don't have a key.  It looks like the snow is going to roll in." he said.

We got to Kim Bum's house right when the snow was getting harder.  "Wow... wonder how mom and dad are in Daegu right now.." I murmured.  Kim Bum gave me a sweatshirt and sweatpants to wear for the evening.  I put it on in the bathroom and I looked at myself in the mirror.  His sweater, his sweatpants.  I freaking love this!  I wish I can keep it so I can wear it at home all the time.  When I got out and returned to the living room, Kim Bum was dressed in his comfortable clothes and starting a fire in the fireplace.  I sat on the couch and watched him.  The snow was blowing hard, it looked like a white mess outside.  Suddenly, the lights began to flicker a little.  The television's cable box light was spazzing.  I worried.  The storm was getting harsher and harsher and I worried more about how my parents and my adoptive parents in Daegu were.  I also worried about Jiyeon, Oppa, and Siwon.  Speaking of Siwon, he never visited me.  What happened to him?  Are ShiYoon and Siwon chill with each other?  I wonder....

"The lights are going to go out any minute.  And it's getting dark...  I should get some candles and flashlights and call my parents and see where they are.  You should call, too, Yennie.  Call before the power goes out." he called before disappearing into the kitchen.  I picked the house phone up and dialed my parents' cell.  I hoped that the service wasn't down and at least SOME signal would get through.  I was able to leave a message saying that I'm at Kim Bum's house and that I would stay the night.  I also said to be careful while they are in Daegu.  After I wanted to call Siwon before Kim Bum returned so I hurriedly dialed his number.  There was dial tone but no one answered.  I left another message saying that I'm discharged from the hospital and staying at Kim Bum's house and that I was worried about him due to this storm.  After that, Kim Bum walks in with a small box.  He set the box down and lit two candles.  I decided to call Jiyeon and see how she's doing.

"Jiyeon?  Hey!  How are you?  Yeah I'm discharged from the hospital.  Ah since today?  I'm at Kim Bum's house since my parents are in Daegu going to talk with ShiYoon Oppa's parents.  We're not going to do anything imappropriate!  What are you saying?!?  You're crazy Jiyeon...  Since when did you know we were going out?  Are you serious?!?  Omigosh...  I didn't know you guys knew already....  He never told me he told you!  Haha!  Well I don't want to let your phone battery die out so I'll talk to you when this storm is over.  Bye~"  Jiyeon is crazy.  She though that Kim Bum and I were going to have .  What is she thinking?  Sigh... I guess now I can create a "Jiyeon Sangtae" for this.  Kim Bum was chuckling to himself when I was on the phone with Jiyeon.  "Is this what girls talk about when they're on the phone together?" Kim Bum inquired.  "Yah!  Don't laugh!  And you better not do anything to me.  Especially in my sleep!  I'll be really mad if I find out that you did something to me." I retorted at him.  Kim Bum laughed and approached me.  "Would you be mad if I did something like this?" he said as he leaned towards me into a kiss.  Gosh I love his kiss.  So gentle and soft and perfect.  I love him so much!

The lights finally went out and the room suddenly got really dark and the whole house was silent.  The heater wasn't buzzing so it was super quiet.  I felt scared and I think Kim Bum noticed that because after giving the fireplace more wood, he sat on the couch next to me and pulled me close.  He placed a blanket on both of us and we cuddled together.  "Yennie.  Let's sleep together like this.  I promise I won't do anything to you that  you don't want me to." he said quietly.  I smiled and let him pull me closer to him.  I felt his heartbeat, beating a perfect pace.  His heartbeat... it's so steady...  Wow and mine is beating like a madman!  How embarassing...  "Yennie, are you nervous?  I said I won't do anything to you.  Haha.  You're heart is beating so fast against mine." he said.  I felt my face blush like crazy to the point that my head spun a little.  "No.... uhm....  I'm just... scared....  Hold me closer so that nothing can come between us." I stammered foolishly.  He said nothing, nor make any noise.  He just held onto me closer and whispered, "Is this better?  Don't be scared, Yennie.  I'm always here so don't be nervous.  Just sleep like this till morning.  I promise, I won't ever let you go."  I felt drowsy with his soft toned voice echoing in my head.  His touch is so comforting...  His gaze is so warm...  His kiss is so gentle...  His voice is my lullaby...  He's my everything...  "Goodnight, Kim Bum..." I said before drifting to sleep.  I heard his say before being completely sleeping, "Goodnight, Yennie.  Sweet dreams, I love you." and he kissed my forehead.  Kim Bum....  I love you.