My Story: Yoo Ye Eun

I Remember You, Oppa

I guess you can say that as a baby, you don't really remember a lot of what you did.  I guess you can say that as a toddler you may or may not remember the childish things you did.  I guess you can say that you would remember what you were like or what you liked or what you did when you were 5 years of age.  But for me... the only thing i remember is waking up in a hospital.  I was wrapped in bandages, and had two casts; one on my left arm the other on my right leg.  A strange lady looked at me with tears running all over her cheeks.  She gave me this weird look like she was my mother or something and said, "Are you alright... child?  I-i-i.... I saw you run down the street and...and... and... and a small car just hit you a litte... uhmm... I'll go get your parents... thankfully your identification and phone numbers are all in your little book bag..."  I didn't even remember bringing a bag with me anywhere... rather, I don't remember anything prior to me waking up from the hospital... Was I really hit by a car?  What a stupid driver.  Why wasn't my parents with me if I ran down the street by myself?  Stupid me...

My parents I think ran to me.  I say "I think" because, sad to say, I didn't remember what my parents looked like.  Damn, I must have been hit pretty hard if I didn't even remember my parents... or even my name.  Yeah, at that time and place, I didn't even remember my name... Wow... that's pretty bad...

 

So I guess I stayed at the hospital for another half week or something or just until my wounds healed, and my casts were removed.  But I do remember one thing during that week.  A boy visited me.  My mother walked with him and said "Yennie... you remember Bummie, right?"  Actually I didn't... if I didn't even remember my own name, how in hell am I supposed to remember some boy's name?!?  "Yennie-ah... he's your best friend, Kim SangBum.  Don't tell me you forgot your best friend!"  I just stared at the boy.  I didn't stare at him in a way that made him uncomfortable, I hope.  I just blankly stared at him.  I was partially trying to remember who he was.  He gave me a weird look.  Bah! some friend I have, then.  Doesn't even say "hi" or "are you okay, Yennie?" to me...

During that week that I was recovering in the hospital, Bummie would always visit me in the afternoon.  Legit, at 12:06 pm, right when I would eat lunch, he'd sit down in the seat by my bed.  MAD AWKWARD!  Even when I was discharged from the hospital, he would visit me at home.  He'd knock at 12:30 pm and enter my room and ask to play with me.  We would always sing the nursery rhyme my mother would always sing to me.  Because mother worked, Bummie would sing with me.  "Three bears living together in one house.  Appa bear, Umma bear, baby bear!  Appa bear is oh so big!  Umma bear is nice and thin.  Baby bear is super duper cute!"  We would change from bears to pigs, ducks, snakes, and all sorts of animals till our mouths were too dry to rhyme.  Kim Bum was my first friend that I remembered.  He sometimes acted like my oppa even though we were only few months apart.  Well, I liked it and I still do.  I always wanted an oppa and now I have one.  His name is Kim Sang Bum but prefers Bummie.  I never called him oppa though.  That would be too weird since my mother said that he's my best friend since i was like tiny.  Just calling him "oppa" out of no where would be awkward. 

It wasn't till I was 6 years old I met Choi Siwon.  We met by accident.  I was at the super market with mother and she said that I can go get some banana flavored milk.  It's by far my favorite flavored milk.  So I ran down the isle when strictly my mother said not to.  I ran to where the banana milk was and when I was going to get the package, some boy grabbed it out of my reach.  He had a charming yet devilish smile.  He raised his intriguing eyebrows and looked at me.  I don't know why but his eyebrows just fascinated me.  The boy looked at me and smirked saying, "Oh, were you going to take the banana milk?"  I never talked to anyone but my parents and Kim Bum so I awkwardly but confidently said, "Yes, yes I was.  But you snatched it out of my grasp.  Can I have it back?  I want it."  the eyebrows just lifted higher.  "Oh really~????? Well I didn't know!!!!  I thought you were just some clumsy girl running down the isle like some madman!"  I was getting impatient and I didn't want mother to leave me in the super market with a jerk like him.  "I don't need all your sass, you jerk.  Now won't you kindly give it back to me?!?"  I felt anger and resentment towards this strange, sarcastic boy.  "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!  You're an interesting kid..."  Intersting??? INTERESTING?!?!?!  THIS WEIRDO THINKS I'M INTERESTING?  WHAT AM I?  SOME SORT OF ANIMAL IN A FREAK SHOW OR SOMETHING?!?!  I'm not too sure what happened but I do remember yanking his hair and scratching his face.  MY mother and his mother were in total shock seeing two children fighting in the middle of a super market over banana milk.  Apparently this kid's name is Choi Siwon and he's my age.  Well closer to Kim Bum because he's a few months older.  And also, Mrs. Choi was a college friend to my mother.  So either way I would have met Siwon but I don't think that either mother planned to meet like this...

I met Jiyeon when i was 7 years old.  I've known Bummie for two years and Siwon for one year.  I've started 1st grade by then with Bummie and Siwon.  Bummie and Siwon sat at a different table than me and I sat with this girl name Park Jiyeon.  She seemed nervous so I decided to be a good "neighbor" and say hello.  "Hi!  You can call me Yennie!  My full name is Yoo Ye Eun but call me Yennie!  Everyone calls me that!  My friends are Kim SangBum and Choi Siwon.  When you meet them, you can call Kim SangBum Bummie or Kim Bum and just call Siwon... Siwon."  Jiyeon turned her head towards the boys and just kinda stared at them.  Her huge eyes got wide when I pointed out Siwon so I kinda guessed an elementary tiny crush kinda thing.  I kept it to myself.  I'm not the person to embarass others for liking someone.  Jiyeon seemed to enjoy my company.  So I'm kinda glad i did a bold greeting.  Later when I meet new people and I did that when Jiyeon was around, Jiyeon nicknamed it, "Yennie Sangtae" or "Yennie Condition."  But mentally I'm not sick so Idunno what she's talking about.  I think I should catch her in something and call is "Jiyeon Sangtae" as payback.

Now that I've told you about my crew there's nothing really to talk about other than the fact that the 4 of us were unseparatable.  We were always together and supporting each other.  But now that we're in 2nd year of High School and encountered ShiYoon... I wonder if our group of 4 can allow another member in... but there's something about ShiYoon that's awfully familiar yet unfamiliar with him... BAH!  This is what Jiyeon prbably means when she sings out "Yennie Santae!!!"