The Picnic

I Remember You, Oppa

Yennie’s POV

“YAAAAAAAAAAY WE’RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!” Jiyeon screams.  “Yah!  You’re too loud, Jiyeon, you pabo!” grumbles Siwon.  “Yah, Siwon.  Don’t be too mean to Jiyeon.  It’s been awhile since we’ve been here anyways.”  Kim Bum kindly says.

Today we’re at the park.  Not like playground it’s a legit park for BBQ and camping and such.  The last time we went together was when we were about 10 years old… That’s about 5 years ago.  It’s been awhile and when I got there, memories flooded my head.  Jiyeon, Bummie, Siwon, and I would come to this park often and hang out and have picnics.  Today we brought ShiYoon along and I hope he enjoys himself.  When the others ran along (more like chasing Jiyeon) I stood there looking at the beautiful scene that is before me.  I felt a pair of eye stare at me and sure enough ShiYoon was looking at me again.  “Is something the matter?”  I asked him.  ShiYoon quickly looked away and blushed.  “It’s nothing.  You were just giving a daydreamy look and it kind of reminded me of…. My sister….”  My eyes widened.  “YOU HAVE A SISTER?!? WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?!? WE COULD HAVE BROUGHT HER HERE TOO!”  I wanted to meet this sister that I reminded him of.  I saw a sad yet dark look shadow over his eyes.  “She doesn’t live with my family anymore… She’s actually somewhere in Seoul, I hope.  She left our family a long time ago.  It’s one of the reasons why I came all the way from Daegu to Seoul; to find my sister.”  I felt tears coming into my eyes.  “I’m sorry I reminded you of her.  I’m sorry for mentioning something like that.  I’m really sorry.  I hope you’ll find her.”  I gave him a smile.  “In the meantime, let’s go have this picnic that Jiyeon wanted to do today!”  I grabbed his hand and ran down the hill.  I don’t remember when the last time I was laughing and running so much was.  I just hope that I didn’t scare poor ShiYoon.  I didn’t want him to be uncomfortable.  To be honest, I really wanted to be liked by ShiYoon.  I want him to like me so he’s comfortable around me like Siwon and Bummie.

 

ShiYoon’s POV

When we got off the bus, I turned around and I saw a beautiful view.  Down the hill was a grassy meadow and by the side were some BBQ grills.  Further down was a lake and a huge willow tree.  It was simply breathtaking and no words could come to my mouth.  I wanted to treasure this calm lovely moment but—“ YAAAAAAAAAAY WE’RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!”  I’ve gotten used to Jiyeon always screaming and hollering.  But this just took me by surprise.  I kind of jumped backwards but thankfully no one noticed.  Jiyeon, Kim Bum, and Siwon ran down first but Yennie stayed behind.  She had a beautiful daydream look, just gazing at the scene before us.  I think she felt my awkward stare because she turned around and gave me a look.  “Is something the matter?”  I looked away.  When I got to Seoul I was hoping to find my long lost sister.  Ah, correction.  She was my adoptive sister.  But instead of explain it all the Yennie and getting her confused I just said, “It’s nothing.  You were just giving a daydreamy look and it kind of reminded me of…. My sister….”  I felt a sharp pain in my chest.  My sister… is somewhere out there in Seoul while I’m playing around with school friends.  I explained a little about little sis.  I really didn’t want to start crying on a beautiful day.  Suddenly, Yennie grabbed my hand and started running.  We were running down the hill!  I was kind of in a shock but Yennie smiling and laughing reminded me of little sis made me smile a little.  That little smile grew bigger and turned into a chuckle.  That chuckle got louder and soon I started to laugh with Yennie.  I don’t remember the last time I had this much fun just running. *pang* Another sharp pain.  Yes, I remember now.  The last time I laugh this hard while running was with my little sister.  I was still in Daegu with my sister.  Father would work in the field often times and we would watch him.  Still remembering, I was running in the field with my sister and her twinkling laugh and charming smile echoing and flashing in my memory.  In some way, it hurt me because I miss her so much.  At the same time I was happy to feel this bubbly and high feeling once again.  I must thank Yennie for making  me smile and welcoming me.  Yennie truly reminds me of my sister.

 

Siwon’s POV

I don’t even know why I decided to chase after Jiyeon.  She just started to bolt down the hill and I felt my competitive feeling rushing so I felt the need to beat her.  It didn’t matter if she was a girl or not, I had to win.  “Hey, you’re really going to try and beat Jiyeon?”  Kim Bum was close behind me.  More competitive streak was kicking in.  “Hell yeah!  And I’ll beat you too!”  I ran faster.  But it wouldn’t have mattered because Jiyeon was already at the bottom of the hill.  She was lying in the grass starring at the sky, she was definitely cloud watching like how we did as tiny kids.  “Yah… I can’t believe you still cloud watch.”  Jiyeon completely ignored me and totally said something different.  “Siwon-ah~ I see a cloud that looks like you~“  I lied down near her and looked up.  “It looks like a mound of poop…”  Jiyeon laughed.  “Exactly, you pabo! HAHAH!!!!!  I’m kidding… THAT cloud looks like you~”  I refused to look at her.  How dare she insult me.  Calling me poop, and then a pabo.  You don’t know how it feels like to be treated in such way.  I turned around and looked back, though.  Kim Bum and Jiyeon were lying down in the grass cloud watching and I saw Yennie just start running down the hill with ShiYoon.  I suddenly felt super jealous.  I wanted to be the one to run with Yennie, holding her hand, laughing like an idiot.  I didn’t want to stare at ShiYoon too long.  I felt like pushing him away from Yennie.  But I decided to be mature so I picked up the stuff Jiyeon dropped and walked over to a picnic table and started up the grill.  I needed to feel manly and show off some skills to Yennie.  “Oy! Bummie-yah!  You and Jiyeon set up the table! ShiYoon and Yennie might take a bit.”  My voice died down as I said the last sentence.  I sighed heavily and just continued what I was doing.

 

Jiyeon’s POV

FINALLY!  Coming back to see the park that I haven’t seen in years made me feel so happy!  But too bad poopie head Siwon was being mean.  I was just being happy but he didn’t have to be so mean to me.  I wanted to spend time and maybe start hinting Siwon that I like him.  Since we’re in a huge open field, I was partially hoping that I would get a chance to talk to Yennie about my situation about liking Siwon.  I started running and I heard Siwon running after me.  It made me feel happy that Siwon was chasing me.  But then I realized he was trying to beat me.  “PABO!  Jerk!” was all that was echoing in my head.  I turned back and I saw Siwon distracted by Kim Bum so I decided to run faster and eventually start rolling down the hill.  Afterall, I would be going faster in that way.  When I got the bottom, I had no will to get up.  Why?  I saw the clouds.  I was lost in the clouds.  I felt that my heart was lost in the clouds and that only Siwon can find it; no one else.  I didn’t want anyone else to find it.  Only… my… Choi… Siwon…-- “Yah… I can’t believe you still cloud watch.”  That totally killed it.  I saw a cloud that was almost shaped like a heart.  My heart.  I wanted Siwon to see it so I called him to see it.  “It looks like a mound of poop…” is what Siwon said to MY HEART.  I felt my face getting red and my head burning.  I wanted to punch him so badly but I didn’t want to hurt the person I loved.  “I’m sure he’s just joking as usual” is what I said in my head.  To not seem like a whiny baby, I just replied by saying “Exactly, you pabo! HAHAH!!!!!  I’m kidding… THAT cloud looks like you~”  For real this time, I saw a cloud that looked like him.  I looked at his direction, he wasn’t looking at me.  Rather he was looking back at where we came from.  He was watching ShiYoon and Yennie run down the hill screaming and laughing.  Oh yeah, I was still mad at him so I went back to cloud watching.  At that point, Kim Bum lied next to me and started cloud watching with me.  At least someone kept up the tradition of cloud watching.  My dream is to have Siwon cloud watch with me, holding me close to his chest, and smiling at me.  Siwon…..

 

Kim Bum’s POV

Well it’s certainly good to be back to our long waited picnic spot.  We’ve been going 4 times a year since we were 7.  Once every season.  Springtime we would cloud watch mostly and play hide-n-seek.  Summertime we would go swim in the lake.  In Autumn  we would find acorns and try to get the squirrels to approach us and find beautiful colored leaves and press them into the textbooks and make book marks.  Winter time the lake would freeze so we would go ice skating, or sled down the hill or make snowmen, snowwomen, and snow angels.

As we got older, we got more busy.  Jiyeon’s father’s business is doing well so whenever we have school breaks, Jiyeon is with her parents traveling.  So far as she told us, she has been to Tokyo, London, New York, Paris, Barcelona, Macedonia, Beijing, Hong Kong, and Las Vegas.  She’s always busy because of these family plans.  Siwon I think started work.  He works at a café.  Today just happened to be one of this days off thankfully so I’m glad to be with my friends here.  Yennie work part time too.  She does nurse assistance at the same hospital where I was introduced to her.  Yennie said that she wants the children to laugh like how she did when I landed my face into the cake when we were 5 years old.  I don’t do much because I’m still doing my duty: keeping Yennie in the light and not in the dark.  I never want to lose her to that darkness.  Somehow I feel like the beginning of the year darkness was lurking and creeping up on Yennie.  The darkness is back trying to pull Yennie away from me.  More so now Yennie would need to me to with her.  If Siwon and Jiyeon ever leave Yennie and they’re never there to catch her, I want to be the one to catch my best friend; no one else can.

Jiyeon seemed super happy to be here.  Wish I can say I was more ecstatic but I can never yell and scream like Jiyeon.  Siwon as usual annoyed with Jiyeon’s bubbliness and loudness.  Same as ever.  I feel that Jiyeon has always took fancy into Siwon since we first met.  It’s funny but I sometimes wish that Siwon wouldn’t be so mean to her.  Jiyeon will end up hurt the most of all if Siwon keeps this up.  I would love to catch her too and support her but my duty, my oath I promised was to be there for Yennie.  If there will be ever a time that both Yennie and Jiyeon were falling fast, I would catch Yennie first.  Siwon started running after Jiyeon and I smirked.  I immediately knew Siwon’s competitiveness was kicking in.  “Hey, you’re really going to try and beat Jiyeon?”  I didn’t even need to ask that.  This is Choi Siwon we’re talking about.  Sometimes I worry about Siwon.  He would react before thinking.  He would attack before something even triggers him.  He would try to make even the smallest thing a competition; even love.  I didn’t bother beating him because Jiyeon already “won” this race.  I stopped for a moment to see what ShiYoon and Yennie were doing.  They were talking.  I felt a chill when I saw them conversing.  There was darkness on ShiYoon too.  I feared that this darkness will affect all 4 of us friends and now ShiYoon.  Something that might ruin an everlasting long friendship that we all held so dearly close to our hearts.  I shook that feeling off and walked down the rest of the way.  I saw Siwon starring at Yennie too.  I wonder if he felt a dark aura.  He turned away so I went to where Jiyeon was.  “Ah~ she’s cloud watching…  I really missed cloud watching as a group.”  I thought to myself.  To be quite honest, I cloud watch by myself.  I would lie on the front porch and just daydream about going to the park with my friends again and doing the things we did as kids.  “Kim Bum?  Can I tell you something?”  Jiyeon asked.  “What’s wrong today, Miss Park?”  I guess you can call me the group’s psychiatrist.  “I really like Siwon…. Oh gosh I’m blushing so much aren’t I?  It’s just that…. Siwon won’t look at me…  I wonder if there’s someone on his mind that he sees as his ‘sweetheart’…  I want to be his, though.  I won’t let any girl be his!  What can I do?  I feel anger and resentment to a girl that I’m not even aware of!  I’m so confused and upset!”  Jiyeon was slightly tearing.  I sat up and Jiyeon sat up.  I gave her a hug and a pat on the shoulder.  “Don’t worry.  I’m always here if you feel like talking.  I’ll always support you as much as I can.  I think you need to talk to Siwon in person and tell him that you like him.  Maybe he feels the same for you but he’s sort of lost at the moment.”  Jiyeon smiled.  I felt bad because I wasn’t telling the entire truth that I would support her.  I mean I will but I’m there for Yennie.  And I felt like it was false hope that Siwon truly liked Jiyeon in the bottom of his heart.  I believe that he only sees her as a friend or a bothersome little sister.  I turned and saw Yennie and ShiYoon just finishing their run from the hill.  The darkness wasn’t there anymore so I was relieved.  I didn’t want this darkness following us, Yennie especially.

 

Post Picnic:

The picnic went well and all the friends had a beautiful time.  They showed ShiYoon the games that they played years ago.  But something happened.  They played hide-n-seek and Yennie started screaming in pain.  “MY HEAD HURTS!  NNRRRGHHH!!!!!  GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”  Siwon, Jiyeon, and Bum are all familiar with Yennie’s spasm and shocks, but today is seemed a lot worse.  ShiYoon of all was watching in horror.  5 long minutes of silence except from Yennie who was still screaming and spazzing.  Jiyeon looked away because this was the first time she ever seen Yennie in this much pain.  Siwon looked concerned but unsure what to do.  Kim Bum was to react first and ran to Yennie's side trying to calm her down.  ShiYoon was completely lost.  He never seen anyone in hysterics like this.  ShiYoon was terrified.  After those 5 minutes, Kim Bum helped Yennie up and Yennie looked at everyone and smiled weakly.  She staggered towards ShiYoon, patted his shoulder and assured him that it happens often while playing Hide-n-Seek and other child games and sometimes in her sleep while dreaming... ShiYoon is still unconvinced and completely scarred from what he had just witnessed.