My Sister....

I Remember You, Oppa

"Jiyeon-ah....  Are you really okay?  If not then you should call your parents or someone at home to take you out of school." I said.  I was really concerned because Jiyeon didn't seem like herself.  "Ah...  ShiYoon, don't worry about me.  Say, why didn't you go with Bummie and Yennie to the hospital?  Afterall, you're her brother." Jiyeon said with a questioning look.  Honestly, I saw Kim Bum's face glaring at Siwon and I was scared too.  I'm sure he didn't mean it me but it was quite scary.  Kim Bum is so nice, considerate, caring, and warmhearted.  Seeing a scary look like that made me feel as though he lost himself for a moment.  I shook my head and said, "Yennie will be fine with Kim Bum.  Besides, I figured with that look you were going to tell Siwon and I think it would be best for me to look after you.  You know, just in case things like this were to happen."  Jiyeon laughed a little.  "You sound like Bummie...." she muttered.

I never wanted to tell the world that Yennie was my sister.  I meant it to Siwon but Yennie was there and I didn't know.  I didn't see her.  I feel completely guilty for saying it like that.  I wanted to talk to her privately during breaktime.  I wanted to take her hand and bring out the photo and letter that I had all these years and ask her, "Do you remember this?"  If she did, and hopfully not spazz away, I wanted to tell her that she was my sister.  Maybe the idea seems too farfetched that it would turn out so perfect like that but that's the general idea I had in my head.  I never expected Siwon to charge at me like that.  I never knew that Siwon liked my sister that much that he would harm me.  Actually, I figured that Siwon liked her.  I also guessed that Kim Bum liked her too.  His stare at me yesterday was pretty scary, too.  I think if I were to be hit by any of them, I think it would be worse if it were Kim Bum.  He known her longer than any of us.  Even me.

When the bell rang for the day to end, Jiyeon and I walked in the halls approaching the exit.  Siwon did at the same time.  Siwon looked at us and looked away with a look of guilt on his face.  Jiyeon never looked at him.  When his presence was there, Jiyeon's grip on her school bag tightened and her stare was hard onto whatever was in front of her.  I looked at Siwon and looked away.  This is so awkward.  Siwon was about to say something but Jiyeon piped up saying, "ShiYoon, let's walk home together.  And maybe stop by a corner store to buy a soda or something."  She then walked away with long strides.  I took one final look at Siwon and then followed Jiyeon.  "Jiyeon, are you sure you're alright?" I asked her catiously.  "Of course I'm alright!  Now stop worrying about me!" she snapped.  Sigh...  Did I just split up the great friendship that the four friends had from the beginning?  This is all my fault!  Why was I so persistent on trying to find Yennie?  Maybe it's because I wanted to see her again and see if she was fine.  I'm so sorry that this all happened.  What can I do to make it up to them?

"It's not your fault, if that's what you're thinking.  I figured that something would happen between us even before you came to join our little circle of friendship.  So if you're blaming yourself, stop it or I'll punch you too." Jiyeon said with the most serious face ever.  "Oh...  Uhmm...  Okay...  I'm sorry.  I was just lost in thought." I quickly responded.  Jiyeon sighed.  "Let's go to the hospital.  That's where I wanted to go but if I said it out loud, Siwon would have wanted to come too.  I want to check up on Yennie and see if Bummie is still with her."  Kim Bum...  Thank you so much for watching over my little sister.  I'm indebted to you...

We approached the large hospital and Jiyeon said, "This is the same hospital that Yennie was taken to when she was hit by a car.  This is where her life began, I guess you can say.  This is where she first met Bummie and became best friends with him."  This hospital is pretty significant to her, I suppose you can say.  We walked in and Jiyeon said to the lady behind the desk, "We're here to see a patient.  Her name is Yoo Ye Eun?  She came in with the ER from the high school this afternoon?  A boy named Kim Sang Bum was with her?  Thank you."  Yennie took the visitor pass and walked down the hall.  I nodded in thanks to the lady and followed Jiyeon.

We got to the room that Yennie was in and Jiyeon's fists rapped at the door.  Few seconds later, Kim Bum stepped out.  Jiyeon looked at Kim Bum.  "Bummie-ah.  Have you been crying?  Is Yennie okay?  Is she awake or is she sleeping?  Yah!  Answer me!"  Kim Bum looked at Jiyeon.  "She's not awake...  She's...  under a coma...  She was in a huge trauma and we needed three doctors to come to her aid.  I don't know what they did to her but she's calm now.  the doctor told me that she's under coma and they don't know when she would wake up.  They couldn't tell me if her memories would all be back or all lost again.  If she gets them back, that would be great.  If they're lost...  My promise and entire purpose with her mom would all be for naught."  Jiyeon gasped and her hands flew to .  Jiyeon started to cry again.  Kim Bum looks at me.  He didn't have that same fierceness in his eyes as he did at Siwon.  He looked sympathetic.  "ShiYoon...  You should go inside.  She's your sister.  Her parents are inside as well.  I'll take Jiyeon home."  Kim Bum went past me and took Jiyeon with him.  I went inside and Yennie's dad stood up to look at me.  "Are you...  Yoon ShiYoon?" he asked.  I nodded and looked at Yennie.  I felt as though we were kids in Daegu again and it was young Yennie sleeping in her little bed.  I felt the tears well up when I thought of Yennie being still alive because she had a heartbeat, but being under coma is like you're dead.  Suddenly, someone came to hug me tightly.  It was Mrs. Yoo.  "ShiYoon...  Thank you so much.  Hopefully when Yennie wakes up, she'll remember everything.  Even her life when she was in Daegu."  I thought her parents would be mad at me for revealing the secret.  I mean, if it weren't for me, Yennie wouldn't be in the hospital, under coma, her friends would still love each other, and no one would have to know something to dark.  I didn't know what to say to Mrs. Yoo so I hugged her back.  Mr. Yoo looked at me full of gratefulness.  I wanted to cry.  Why are they so thankful?  I am the one that ruined everything!  I smiled and said, "I'm going to leave.  I just wanted to see Yennie's condition.  Feel free to let me know when Yennie's up and see if she remembers anything."  I left with tears in my eyes.  Yennie...  My sister....  I must call mother and father and tell them that I have found Yennie again.  I finally found my sister but I have ruined everything that she has established...