The Letters

I Remember You, Oppa

Dear Choi Siwon,

I'm sorry you had this whole misunderstanding about me and Yennie.  Despite what Jiyeon says, I'm still partially blaming myself.  Don't be hard on yourself either.  It really isn't you fault entirely.  You just didn't know about me and Yennie being siblings long ago.  I should have told you before.  I told Jiyeon and I'm guessing she told Kim Bum.  I should have told all of you before telling Yennie.  Don't think that everything is wrong now.  I just hope that you'll acknowledge Jiyeon's affection towards you.  She still really likes you.  Don't abuse that.  You've neglected her for a long time, as it seems.  But now it is time for you to see the light and see her.  Yennie is with Kim Bum now.  And she's happy.  Let her be happy.  You should be happy, too.  By the time you read this, I'm probably home in Daegu, again.  I've accomplished what I wanted: to see my sister, let her remember, and be with her again.  Now that that's done, I must go back home.  I hope that in the future that we will be able to meet again and hopefully start on the right foot.

Sincerely, Yoon ShiYoon

That is the letter I found for me in my mailbox.  That rascal, ShiYoon...

 

Dear Park Jiyeon,

I'm sorry for not giving you a proper farewell.  You've done so much for me.  The most, you allowed me and my sister reunite.  You let me become confident that she's my sister.  Jiyeon-ah, without your idea on having a small date with Yennie, I would have never met her mother and confirmed that Yennie was my sister.  Thank you so much.  I'm still indebted to you.  I never did anything for you.  I never even helped you out get with Siwon.  I hope that you will succeed in having him because I feel that you guys are great together as friends so being as a couple might just work out.  You've helped me so much and it is about time that I return to Daegu since I'm finished here.  I only meant to stay and search for Yennie no matter how long it took.  But I started school and met you guys.  Then you helped me become closer with Yennie and such.  I'm repeating myself, aren't I?  I'm just so happy that I met a friend like you, to begin with, and that it led to something much greater.  Thank you, thank you.  I cannot thank you enough.  One day I will come back to Seoul, I promise you that.  Until then, be strong and happy.  P.S. Here's the money that you gave me.  I never bought her that plushie so I might as well return the money to you. 

Sincerely, Yoon ShiYoon

ShiYoon...  You really left huh...  Well, you too.  Be strong and happy!  And don't be such a pabo anymore!  Come back to Seoul as a greater man and not kissing your sister! Kekeke!!!

 

Dear Kim Bum,

Where to begin this letter.  First off, I want to thank you so much for taking care of Yennie all these years.  When I first came and saw her, she seemed already set even though she was missing those five years of her earlier life.  Second, I want to thank you for being the heart for Yennie.  You weren't just her heart.  You were her light.  Darkness will consume those that are lost.  However, you guided Yennie out of the dark and to the light.  Soon, you became her light.  Don't shut off on her.  I want her to be happy forever.  I also want you to be happy as well.  Third, I'm glad that you are the one that is her boyfriend.  As an older brother that would always look over her, I approve.  You're a really good friend and Yennie truly loves you.  I'm so glad that you're her one.  I wouldn't want any other person to be her boyfriend, because I trust you the most.  Thank you, thank you.  You have done so much for me, indirectly.  But you have taken care of Yennie for 11 years for me.  You've done a lifetime's effort for her.  When I return to Seoul, I would be happy to see the two of you still together.  It would bring me so much joy that you and Yennie are to still be in love and caring for one another.  Be her light.  Thank you.

Sincerely, Yoon ShiYoon

So ShiYoon went back home?  Wow...  Never saw that coming.  I must thank him for letting me be his little sister's boyfriend.  If I knew from the start that he was her brother, I think I would feel a little awkward.  But we're close friends so it's chill, right?  He approves of me being her boyfriend, and to me, that's all that matters.

 

Dear Yennie my dearest sister,

I'm sorry to be leaving on such a short notice.  I didn't even get to see you that often in the hospital since...  Since that awkward day.  I'm sorry for that.  I don't know what got over me.  I hope you won't keep a grudge on me for that like how you did when we played Hide-n-Seek.  I'm sorry for all the things I did wrong when we were still in Daegu.  If there were things that I did differently, I think I would have found you over and over and over again.  Besides, I knew where you were hiding.  Kekeke.  Oppa just didn't want to find you.  I've known that you weren't my sister since you were 4 years old.  Because of that, I felt that I would get close to you in a wrong way so I never really did find you.  I'm sorry, I want to rewind all that go back to the past.  But I'm sure if I did, things wouldn't be the way it is now, now would it?  Please forgive this pabo Oppa.  I'm really sorry.  I don't know how many times I would say sorry to you.  Please know that I love you too.  And not as a boy liking a girl.  I love you because you are my dongsaeng.  And because I have found you, dongsaeng-ah, I'm returning to Daegu.  I wanted to come to Seoul to find you.  When you left, Oppa wanted to run to Seoul and find you.  I wanted to do that for so long.  So long, it aches my heart just thinking about it.  Don't get mad at me for leaving you.  Because I'm not.  If you keep thinking that I left you alone, then it'll turn out that way.  Keep me in your memory and in your heart.  That way, I would still be with you all the time.  If that were the case for me, you never left me when you left for Seoul, Yennie-ah.  Saranghae.  Visit mother and father in Daegu one day.  They'll be happy to see how much you've grown.  I'd show pictures but being there in person is better than seeing some photo.  We will play the games that we did when we were little.  We would visit the pond that we used to skip rocks at.  We will run through the fields and lie in the long grass.  We will go cloud watching again and go swimming in the lake.  I'll visit when I can, as well.  Maybe we can have a sibling date again and Oppa will buy you a plushie.  Kekeke.  Until that day comes, goodbye, dongsaeng.  Be happy with Kim Bum.  Oppa approves of him, just so you know.  Be happy and let him be your light.  Be his light as well.  Goodbye, Yennie, my lovely dongsaeng.

Love always from the bottom of my heart, Oppa~

I cried when I read his letter.  Oppa left to Daegu, but he's still with me.  I every single word on the paper.  Behind the letter was a copy of the letter I gave him before I went to Seoul.  I cried harder when I saw the letter.  My handwriting, so messy, scribbled on a tiny piece of paper.  Oppa kept this for 11 years.  Also with the letter was an old photograph of me and Oppa.  I will treasure this photo forever.  Oppa, saranghae...