My Happily Ever After

I Remember You, Oppa

How did I already know that  Yennie and Kim Bum were dating?  Because he told me.  What was everyone’s reaction?  I was happy and all excited but ShiYoon seemed a little upset.  Siwon wasn’t there with us when he told us, so I don’t know what his reaction was.  ShiYoon looked at Kim Bum and had a small smile.  “Really?  Congrats, man.  Take care of my little sister, like how you always were.  Thank you so much for taking care of her.” Is what he said and then suddenly he broke down crying.  Kim Bum gave him like a bro hug and I stood there concerned why ShiYoon was crying.

Later, when Kim Bum left to get help in class, I looked at ShiYoon’s tear stained face.  “ShiYoon-ah?  What’s wrong?  You just started crying and uhhh….” I started.  Then I remembered.  ShiYoon likes Yennie but Yennie is his sister.  He must be feeling mixed moods about this situation.  “Are you really alright with Yennie going out with Kim Bum?” I asked.  ShiYoon looked at me and smiled.  “It’s okay.  I’m fine, really.  I’m glad that Yennie is going out with a great guy.  He’s really responsible and I trust him.  He’s a great guy and he’s been taking care of her fine for 11 years.  Besides, I’m her brother; nothing less, nothing more.” He smiled.  I was relieved that he was okay with all this, but something didn’t seem right.  I mean, I don’t think he was lying but he seemed to be concealing something again.

Later in the day I caught sight of Siwon and Kim Bum together.  I didn’t want them to see me so I hid behind the water fountain not too far from them.  I was still in earshot so I was able to hear their conversation.  “Really?  Congratulations, Bummie.  Uhmm…  So Yennie’s leaving the hospital in two days?  That’s…. good…  Listen, Kim Bum.  I’m sorry for making things crazy.  I really messed up our friendship, didn’t I?  I hurt Jiyeon the most of all…  I can’t forgive myself for making a girl like her cry so much.  I didn’t know that she felt like that for me.  I wish I could just look at her, tell her I’m sorry, and make up for what I did.” Siwon said.  Kim Bum replied, “Jiyeon’s an understanding girl.  She might have just been mad at you that day for acting up but I don’t think she’s still mad at you like she was on that day.  She still likes you Siwon.  Even though he acts like she hates you and wants to kill you, she’ll still be the girl always at your side.  She still wants to be that girl in your life.  I think you should that.  Apologize to her and make up for what you did wrong.  Jiyeon is most hurt right now.  And then I think ShiYoon would be next.  You can apologize to Yennie when she gets out of the hospital.”  Siwon looked up at Kim Bum and smiled a little.  “Thanks, man.  I appreciate your advice.” He said as they walked their own ways to their next class.

I sat behind the water fountain a moment longer and just thought over what I just heard.  Siwon is sorry for all this?  Wow, and I’m still acting all bratty about this whole situation.  I feel like the bad guy…  Siwon… it’s true that I still like you very much, but you really don’t like me in that sense, do you?  After all, all you want to do is apologize to everyone.  I peered out of my hiding spot and watching Siwon slowly walking.  Wait a minute!  I have class with Siwon right now!  Where is he going?!?  That’s not the way to Literature class!  Siwon, what are you thinking now?!?  I got up and tiptoed swiftly behind him making sure that he wouldn’t suspect me following him.  He opened a door and went through.  The door that led to the roof of the school.  I was worried.  What could that idiot possibly want to do up there on the roof?!?  It’s so cold outside too!  Before the door can shut I slide in between the opening.  Thankfully it didn’t close on me and my skirt didn’t get caught either.  It would be embarrassing if my uniform skirt were to get caught on the door.  I walked up the small flight of steps and went out.  It was cold, slightly windy, and certainly high up.  I really didn’t like being up in high places.  I saw Siwon lean against the wall that was by the edge.  I thought he was going to fall so I got super scared.

“Jiyeon,” he said, making me jump a little.  “When are you going to stop hiding from me?”  I thought he didn’t see me so I stayed still in my place, behind a huge vent.  “Jiyeon, just come out.  I know you’re hiding from me.  I know the scent of lilacs for over 5 years now and you’re the only person I know that wears lilac scented perfume.  Come out.  I want to talk to you.  I was pretty aware that you were hiding from me and Kim Bum back there, I’m sure he knew that you were there too.  So stop hiding now.  You hid from me for too long now.”  Drat!  He caught me!  How did he… oh right.  He just said that he knows the smell of lilacs from me.  I can’t help it if lilacs are one of my favorite flowers and they have a gorgeous smell to me.  I stood up and stepped out.  We were a good distance apart from each other, about 25 feet apart.  Siwon sighed and looked at me, the look that I wished he gave me a long time ago.  A look that he only gave Yennie that made me so envious of her.  “Jiyeon,” he said softly as he walked slowly towards me.  I felt like turning around and running back and just hiding from him because he caught me.  However, I just couldn’t move away from his gaze.  “Jiyeon,” he said.  He was standing only inches away from me and I felt my heart pound like crazy.  “I’m sorry for causing you this much pain.  I’m sorry for being so stubborn and never noticing you.” He said as he crashed into me, holding me.  I was in total shock and I couldn’t move.  Siwon, hugging me…  Is this a dream?  If this is, then I’m totally desperate and that’s sad.  If not, Siwon hugging me?!?  What is this?  I felt the tears starting to form in my eyes.  I was so happy that I was finally this close to Siwon.  I never gotten this close.  We never touched.  This was our first time.  I never want to forget the moment when Siwon looked at me with those eyes and pulled me towards him. 

“Jiyeon…  I’m really going to miss you.  I’m going to miss the smell of lilacs drifting through the air.  I’m going to miss your annoying yelling and sayings.  I’m going to miss yelling back at you.  I’m going to miss the conversations and arguments we had.  I’m going to miss hanging out with everyone and cloud watching.  Most of all, I’m going to miss you.  So let me hold onto you and hold this moment close to me heart.” Wait a minute.  This sounds like he’s going away or something.  What is he saying?!?  Siwon, when we finally have this moment I longed for, is going away?!?  I pulled away from him and stared into his eyes hard.  “Siwon, what are you talking about?” I said finally.  It’s my first words to him in like days.  Siwon looked at me.  He sighed and held my face.  “Jiyeon.  In a few years I’m going to have to go to military.  They have called me to go when I graduate.  I wanted to tell you guys but you were all so mad at me.  Kim Bum was the first to talk to me and that was like an hour ago.  I wanted to tell you first that I’m leaving.  Jiyeon, don’t cry.  I promise that I’ll always call you or write to you.  I want to be with you and the others before I leave.  Let me have this special moment with you because you know you’re going to miss me the most and I’ll miss you a whole much more.  I’ve come to realize that Yennie isn’t really mine.  Even before Kim Bum made her his.  I reminisced over the times we as friends had.  And I realized that you were always there for me.  When Yennie never acknowledged me, you were always trying to get close.  I’m sorry, Jiyeon, for never noticing you.  Looking over these past adventures make me realize that you’re the only one that will always be there for me.  You’re the one.  Please, find somewhere in your heart to forgive me, Jiyeon.”  I looked at him and saw that he was crying.  “Siwon…” I said before kissing him.  I couldn’t help it.  I couldn’t stop myself.  I wanted to kiss him even if this was to be the last time I would ever get this close to him.  My arms went around his neck and before I knew it, his arms wrapped around my waist and he was kissing me back.  I let him.  I wasn’t going to pull away now.  I pursued so many years to get this, even if it’s just this one time.  “I love you, Siwon…” I said after our kiss.  Siwon pulled me close to him and said, “I know you do, Jiyeon.  I do too.”

Finally…  Siwon found my heart.  I waited so long for him to find it.  I guess it takes a while for one to complete the game “Treasure Hunt”.  But Siwon finally found the treasure.  My heart…  I’m never letting you go no, Siwon.  I don’t want you to leave me.  Don’t dare leave me.  When you’re in military, I still want you to be with me…

Yennie called me the day she was discharged.  The scary thing was that it was snowing hard.  I told her that we all knew.  I was going to tell her that I was with Siwon, but I didn’t want to bring it up just yet.  We didn’t even tell ShiYoon or Kim Bum yet.  When she told me she was staying at Kim Bum’s house I was a little nervous.  I mean, Kim Bum wanted her so much, what if he does something to her because they’re alone?  She seemed mad at me when I said that to her, so I apologized to her over and over and that I was joking.  I wished her well.  Kim Bum and Yennie.  Such a cute couple.  I really hoped that this relationship will last forever.  They were definitely meant for each other.  I just hope that Siwon and I were to be meant forever.

The lights suddenly shut off.  This storm is totally getting on my nerves.  I wonder how Siwon and ShiYoon are doing.  ShiYoon lives alone in a small apartment.  I hope he was prepared for this storm.  Siwon is home with his family so I’m not too worried…  ShiYoon, are you doing well?  I hope you are…