Awkwardness Starts to Arise

I Remember You, Oppa

I was glad to have my sister back.  I missed her.  I'm so glad, words cannot even explain.  Yennie is pretty delicate and frail at the moment so the hospital won't discharge her for awhile.  So I would visit often whenever I had time.  When I didn't, Jiyeon or Kim Bum would go, but mostly Kim Bum went to go see her.  I was so happy that Yennie remembers everything.  Then something hits me.  I remembered why I avoided Yennie back in Daegu.  From the moment I learned that my sister isn't really my sister, I never saw Yennie the same.  I guess I sort of saw her as an outcast of the family.  Then things got weirder in my head.  I kept thinking what ifs.  What if you start to like your sister since you know that it wouldn't be weird because she's not blood related?  Wait, that's awlward enough because she doesn't know she's not blood related to me!  What if she learns that she's not a Yoon?  What if she starts falling for me?  Ew, that's just gross!  !  But wait, not really since she isn't really related to you.  What should I do?!?  Those were the things that I worried most back in Daegu.  Now, those thoughts came back.  Why?  I think I might be falling for her a little bit.  I was getting worried.  I can't fall for her, but I was.

This is where all the awkward tension and regrets starts because of stupid me.

Yennie got hungry during one of my visits.  "Oppa, I'm craving ramen.  Can you go get some?  I think you can buy a large bowl ramen in the cafeteria.  Buy one and let's share it!"  I obliged and left.  I was feeling cheerful that I could hear Yennie call me "oppa" again.  I know, we're only few months apart but she always called me "oppa" since she was tiny.  I bought a bowl ramen and carried it back to her room.  "YAY!  HOSPITAL RAMEN!" she cried when I stepped in.  I set it on the table and gave her one of the chopsticks.  We began to eat the ramen but something happened that is so classic in cute romance movies.  Better yet, this little scene happened in the Disney movie, Lady & the Tramp.  The kiss scene because of a noodle.  Yup.  I kissed my sister and it was so unexpected.  I was already sure I liked her by that time so I guess it wasn't weird in my mind but I'm sure Yennie was feeling awkward because she immediately dropped her chopstick and looked away.

"Oppa..." she began.  Suddenly, I had this weird urge to kiss her more.  I leaned in and grabbed her head and kissed her again.  She smacked me pretty hard.  My face was stinging and I saw Yennie with a pale face.  "I'm sorry, oppa!  I didn't mean to!  It's just... you... kissed me... and I was uncomfortable..." she stammered.  I got up.  "Yennie.  It shouldn't be awkward.  We aren't even blood related.  Besides, it was just a kiss!  We done this when we were little." I said defendingly.  "Yeah, but this is different!  I still see you as just my Oppa!  We were kids then!  This is different!  We're older; you're not a boy and I'm not a little girl.  I'm a young woman and you're a young man!  This is more.... affectionate." Yennie cried.  I hated myself for acting out.  Stupid.  Just when you had your sister back, you had to do something this stupid?  Isn't finding her enough for you?  Aren't you full of happiness to see her as your sister?  I disgust myself sometimes.  And these are one of those times.  "I'm sorry, Yennie.  I don't know what got over me all of a sudden."  I wanted to leave.  "Oppa...  Do you like me as your sister or as a girl?" Yennie called.  I stopped in the middle of my tracks.  I stared at her.  "Yennie, it's sort of complicated..."  "Tell me, now.  Do you see me as your dongsaeng or a girl that you want to hook up with?  Because that kiss just now was more what a boy would do to his... girlfriend and not a little sister." Yennie said hesitantly.  She got me.  Literally.  I wanted to have a remote that would rewind, pause, stop, play, and fast forward.  I would rewind what just happened and stop myself from kissing her.  If only I could do that.  I didn't want to answer her.  I know she sees me as her oppa but I saw her as a girl.  When I was persuing that she was my sister, I saw her as my sister.  Now, I see her as a girl.  I see her as a young girl with a beautiful face, perfect body, and amazing personality.

By some miracle, Kim Bum walked in.  He walked in and stopped.  "Am I here at a wrong moment?  I can leave if you want, Yennie...." he started.  I grabbed his shoulder before he could escape.  "No.  I was just leaving, man.  I'll see you, Yennie.  I'm sorry." I said and quickly left the room.  Thank you, Kim Bum for coming at a perfect moment!  Totally saved my right there!  Aish....  But I still have to tell Yennie in the end...  I can't always run away from my problems...  When I got out of the hospital, I dialed up Jiyeon's number.  "Jiyeon?  Yeah, I made the biggest mistake of my life...  I kissed Yennie...  I couldn't stop myself, I don't know why!...  What should I do?...  I KNOW I MADE A WRONG DECISION!  STOP MAKING ME FEEL WORSE THAN I ALREADY AM!...  Aish... I'm sorry Jiyeon, I didn't mean to rage.  I'm just mad at myself right now for doing something so stupid...  If you can't think of something, I'll figure it out one way or another.  Bye, see you tomorrow in school."  Ugh!!!!!  Can this get any worse?!?!