Trying

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

YOUNGBAE’s POV

Soft voices, giggles, and clanking of cooking wares echoed from the kitchen. My wife and Dara were busy preparing for dinner while Jiyong and I were having some drinks in the living room. It’s been a long time since we have this kind of gathering together with the others. Too bad Seungri was already serving his military duties. 

“I bet those two are talking about boys.” I tried to tease Jiyong.

“No, they’re not.” He replied, gulping half of his drink.

“You sure?” I chuckled.

“Hundred percent. They’re talking about cats right now.” He nodded his head, his eyes squinting, focusing. “Your wife told Dara, you like waiting for animals right by the window.” He continued.

“So all this time, you’re not listening to me?” I threw him the small pillow lying on the couch. “You’re still that possessive, huh.”

“Oh God Bae, you don’t even know what I’m feeling.” He sighed, sinking his body further in his seat. “I’m trying, okay. God knows I’m trying.”

“You only think of that now?” Aigoooo. My bestfriend will surely protect Dara at all cost but comes with that is his low tolerance to his jealousy. Always making sure all the male species around her will be under his radar.

“I’m not even thinking about it. But I need to. It backfires to me everytime, and I don’t like it.”

“Just lessen it Ji. We all know she’s just friendly.”

“Yeah. Yeah. But still, that girl is pain in the .”

“And you’re not?”

“Yah. I’m your bestfriend.”

“I’m her friend too.” I raised my glass, giving him a toss.

“Whatever.” He rolled his eyes.

 

 

HYORIN’s POV

“Doing great?” Dara asked. Her eyes twinkling as she continued mashing the potatoes.

“The best.” I squealed. These past months were nothing but bliss. It was a huge relief when my husband finally finished his military duties.

“I can see that clearly.” Dara giggled.

“I’m always thankful.” I replied dreamily.

“I know. You toss me aside when that man returned.” I laughed at her retort. While Youngbae and Jiyong was inside, Dara and I always see to it we catch up once in a while. Dinners were spent talking about our worries, dreams, and just anything. The girl, becoming one of my closest friends all of a sudden.

“And you don’t?”

“I guess we’re even.” She chuckled, turning her body to face me.

“Was it hard?” She asked. The question always being brought up whenever we meet. Just like what Youngbae said, Dara is always full of worries.

“You know better than us unnie. You and Jiyong has been through a lot, and yet your love is just getting stronger and stronger.”

“He’s always worth it.” She softly smiled.

“No date yet?” I asked.

“We always talk about it. But officially, like the real thing? Still in the process.”

“I can’t wait.”

“I was hoping I can see a mini Hyorin or Youngbae that time.” She wiggled her brows.

“Says the woman who’s most likely to have Kwon babies anytime soon.”

“Yah, watch your mouth.” She immediately defended herself, bumping her hips on my side.

“Seriously unnie, why can’t you just register it? You two are basically married when I met you. Ughhhhh, those skinships. I live for that.” Just thinking about those memories, kyaaaaaaaaa.

“Aigooooo, nice to meet you, our fan.” Dara bowed down, offering her right hand. I accepted it, laughing at her antics.

 

 

JIYONG’s POV

“Annyeong!” Daesung made his presence known, shouting his greetings, arms open wide, as he emerged from the hallway.

Dara jumped from her seat, running, throwing herself in his arms.

“Daesungieeeee.” She shrieked like a little girl.

“Noonaaaaaaa, I miss you!” Daesung swirled their body around. When he rested her feet to the floor, they held hands, and started jumping this time. Aigooooo! Such a sight.

“My Daesungieee, why are you hiding?” She curled her arm around his neck, wrestling him.

“Noona, it’s not even a month.” He laughed, struggling.

“But it’s more than two weeks.” Dara started, tickling him. Their little ruckus entertaining everyone gathered in the room.

Daesung and Seungri are Dara’s favorite dongsaengs. But with Dae, she makes sure to meet him once in a while, wanting to give him some sunlight since he doesn’t like going out, he will stay at his house all day if possible.

“Why are you late?” Youngbae asked.

“Hyung asked me to get some wine.” He replied, pointing to Seunghyun, sitting with his leg crossed.

“Where is it? Did you check the date?”

“Aishhhhh hyung. Of all people, why me? That was so hard.” He whined. “Noona, hyung!” 

“Good job.” Dara put her thumbs up infront if Seunghyun.

“Noona!”

“If anyone needs some extra hands, you can always count on this guy.” Dara declared, pinching her victim’s cheeks this time.

“Yah, that’s enough.” I called Dara’s attention.

“Trying, huh?” Youngbae sneered. Oh come on, if I’m not trying I wouldn’t even let her hug Dae that long.

“Later babe, I’m gonna cling to him for a while.” Dara replied not even looking at me. Her attention fully on Dae. Oh God! Must control!

“Tik tok tik tok.” Youngbae whispered, enjoying the annoyance I’m trying to keep inside.

“Uhmmmm noona, you should go to hyung. I miss Seunghyun hyung more so I’ll stick with him.” Daesung replied, his eyes glancing at me.

Dara continued clinging to him as if she didn’t hear it, settling herself between Seunghyun and Dae.

“Breathe, Ji” Youngbae whispered again. I glared at him, but still do what he said. Breathe. I tried to relax, still my eyes hovering over them.

“Your eyes are drilling them already.” Hyorin laughed. Ughhhhh, not this noona too.

“Dara, I think you should go to him.” Seunghyun chuckled, pointing his glass to me.

“Yes noona, I may not go out often but I still value my life.” Daesung added.

Dara turned to face me, her eyes clearly annoyed. “Jiyong, please stop.”

“What?” I quickly replied. “I’m busy here with Youngbae and noona.”

“You’re not even talking to us.” Hyorin denied, laughing. Aishhhhh! They’re ganging up on me.

“I’m not doing anything babe.”

“Ughhhhh. Ji!” She stood up then looked back. “And how dare the two of you. You don’t miss me enough?” She lightly punched their stomach. “Hyorin, let’s fix dinner.” She walked away not before rolling her eyes on me. Not again.

“See! It always backfires.” I cried, throwing the small pillows to Dae and Seunghyun.

“Noona!” The both of them shouted. Aishhhh, these people.

 

 

DARA’s POV

“You can drink babe.” I nodded my head when I saw Seunghyun already pouring the wine. 

“We’ll crash here tonight. Is it okay?” Seunghyun said. I’m sure he’s not taking no as answer, seeing him gulping his glass already.

“We already see that coming. Unni, you should drink too. We have enough rooms.”

“I’m good. Daesung and Seunghyun will be handful already.”

“Yah noona, don’t even drag our names. We all know you just want hyung alone.”

“Right babe?” Jiyong chuckled, pulling my side for a hug.

“Sure. Sure.” I flatly replied, glaring at him. No way I will won against them.

“Noona, you’re so busy these days.” Seunghyun tapped my knees with his.

“Right, right?” Jiyong nodded his head accusingly, finally getting some back up from others.

“Yes noona.” Wow, even Daesung joined. Coming from the man who doesn’t have any social media account, and rarely goes out.

“Yah, Daesung. And how can you say that?”

“I have sources noona.”

“Speaking of, your connections are impossible, noona. You have it everywhere.” Seunghyun added this time. Honestly, I don’t know too. I just met these people, then one leads to another. “I went to this furniture exhibit in Gangnam, and the director there mentioned you. Noona, you’re incredible.” He continued.

“Combining yours and Jiyong, I can’t even think about it.” Youngbae laughed.

“Oh noona. I always watch Video Star, jjang!”

“Thank you Daesungie.”

“Look unnie. Another article of you. The musical is really coming.”

“Aigooooo. I know. I’m getting nervous.”

“Noona. you’ll get tired. The practices are so long.” Daesung added.

“I know. But what I’m thinking about a lot is this man.” I nudged at Jiyong, tapping his cheeks with my finger.

“We can clearly see that.” They all chuckled. Jiyong burying his face on my neck.

Me, being busy with work, and meeting up with different people. It was good but the guy beside me needs my attention more than them. I squeezed his arms around me as I deflect the topic to Hyorin and Youngbae. They’ve been teasing us a lot tonight.

I quickly kissed his cheek before turning our attention back to the people with us.

“Noona, I forgot my friends from the army are always asking for you.” Daesung suddenly said to me. He’s really enjoying teasing his hyung.

“The one I met when I performed?”

“That time whn noona threw his jacket?” Youngbae butted, enjoying the reaction they’ve been getting from Jiyong. They’re so brave since they know I’m the one who always do the damage control. Aigoooo, these people.

“Yes. Noona. I swear, they’re all flocking to me after your performance, asking if they can meet you. I got them under my hands.”

“Yah, you used her.” Jiyong growled but no one acknowledged him.

“You should have told me.”

“I know. I just forgot because the energy back then was too high. But they’re still asking me till now.”

“Daesung.” Jiyong called his attention, clearly a warning.

“When are you gonna meet them again?” I asked.

“Not sure noona. Just tell me when are you free. I’m sure they will make time.”

“I’m here.” Jiyong whispered.

“Really trying.” I heard Youngbae chuckled. Probably teasing Jiyong too.

“I think I’ll just give them some gifts.” I replied this time, trying to ease the tension I know is building inside Jiyong. I can feel it in his heavy breathing passing through his chest, pressing on my back.

“But noona, they will surely love to see you.”

“Set the date Daesung.” Seunghyun convince him. I’m sure, the alcohol is now swimming in their system, seeing them this brave.

“How about next week noona. Here, I’ll ask them.” He started grabbing his phone.

“KANG DAESUNG.” Jiyong called out.

“Yes hyung.” Daesung looked at him, blinking his eyes innocently.

“You wouldn’t dare.” He pointed at the phone, signalling to bring it down.

“Hyung, you’re such a kid. As if they will snatch noona.”

“Yah, you dare talk-“

“Ji.” I cut him. “I’ll just greet them, nothing else.”

“But babeeeeee.” Oh God, he’s drunk.

“Yah Seunghyun, what did you give Jiyong?”

“He bought it.” He pointed at Daesung.

“Hyung! How dare you!”

“Babe, noooooo” Jiyong continued whining while Daesung and Seunghyun started bantering. Now, it’s a mess in here.

“Noona, I can see his efforts by the way.” Yougbae replied. I know Jiyong does but he always ended up succumbing to his jealousy.

“You two think can handle them.” I nodded my head towards the two men, who’s now on their own world of madness.

“Don’t worry. Going now?”

“Yes. Need to deal with him all night.”

“Sorry noona/unni.” Youngbae and Hyorin, both chuckled, looking at the pouting Jiyong.