Home

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

October 26, 2019

JIYONG’S POV

I quickly hugged the friends I made inside, bidding my goodbye as my heart started thumping so fast. I can’t wait to get out.

“Thank you Jiyong for your service. Have a good day.” The security saluted one last time. I returned his salute, bowed down, and immediately my phone, earning a chuckle from him.

“She’s probably waiting for your call.” He whispered, making me laugh.

Once it opened, I saw my parents’ message, telling me they’re already waiting outside. Then Dara’s name popped on the screen, calling.

“BABE!” She squealed. I miss that voice. 

“Are you outside too?” I asked, crossing my finger hoping she’s waiting with my family. I heard her sighed deeply. Oh, she wasn’t. That .

“Sorry Ji. I tried, really. But I have a schedule. Will make up with you later, promise.” She replied silently. Though I’m disappointed, I tried to cheer her up. I wouldn’t want to spoil the mood. I’ll accept what I can get today. I’m sure she’ll make up for it on the coming days.

 

 

DARA’s POV

“Jjangmae! How is it?” I immediately asked once I ended the call with Jiyong. I felt guilty. It’s already enough that I wasn’t there when he enlisted. I should find a way.

“I believe fate really has plan for the both of you.” He smiled deviously. This better be good news. I waited but he just continued smiling.

“Yah, are you gonna talk or not?” I asked impatiently.

“Just know that, when hate is thrown to you and Jiyong, the people that really matters will always support you. Even fate will be on your side.” He winked. Now, what’s that? I quickly felt his temperature, worried on what’s happening to him. He continuously wiggled his brows while looking at me.

“Aigooooo.  Whatever Jjangmae. Will just have to wait for tonight.”

“Patience is the key.” I chanted repeatedly in my head. I waited for the shoot to start when the PD called me out.

“Dara, we’re really sorry. But we have to reschedule. An urgent meeting came up, and most of the team needed to attend” He bowed down apologetically. I stopped him from worrying, telling him I understand.

“Jjangmae, you have something to do with this?” I asked suspiciously. I knew I asked him if he could work around my schedule so we could packed early but not this way.

“I just heard it a few minutes ago. I haven’t done anything yet.” He explained. So that’s the reason he was acting weirdly. I immediately hopped from my seat, and started arranging our things.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“Seriously Jjangmae?” I glared at him. Is he really asking that? We all know Jiyong will be out from the army today, and I’m not even there.

“Yah, what are you doing?” He asked again.

“Can’t you just help so we could go?”

He laughed at me, and sit. “Jjangmae!”

“Yah, are you sick? You just heard the PD cancelled today’s shooting, and you’re still here cleaning up when you should figuring out how you’ll get yourself to Jiyong.” He continued laughing.

That hits me. . Where’s my head? Dara, what are you thinking? I immediately got my bag, and ran off. I swear a taxi should be around here. I calmed myself down while waiting for one. I got my phone, and quickly called Dami.

“Unnie.”

“Jiyong hasn’t got out yet.”

“My schedule got cancelled.”

“Can you make it here? He’ll be looking for you.”

“I’ve talked to him a while ago, and informed that I’ll go later tonight.”

“You said your shoot is cancelled?”

“Yes.”

“Wait, someone wants to talk you.”

“Dear, where are you?”

“Omma, I was waiting for a taxi but I realized I can’t make it there.”

“Aigooooo, my poor Dara. Go to our house. You know the code. Let’s surprise Jiyong.”

“Really?” I asked excitedly. “But omma, I think I’ll pass. You should spend your time together first.” I

“Yah, you better get a taxi right now, and I better see you when we arrived home. You are family, Dara.” Jiyong’s mom barked. Then Dami’s voice continued, “Dara, we’d rather have my husband not there, instead of you. You better be there.”

“I’ll hang up now. I can see Jiyong. I’ll see you later, okay” She ended the call.

 

 

After getting permission, I helped myself to fix the table, and prepare the food his mom has already cooked.

I checked my phone, and saw tons of update about Jiyong’s discharge. And that also include tons of message from him.

“Hi babe, you already filming?”

“I guess you do, you’re not replying.”

“I’m officially out. I’m with noona, omma, appa already.”

“Hey babe, call me when you’re on break.”

“Can’t wait to see you tonight. I hope your shoot ends soon.”

“I miss you.”

“I love you.”

My phone keeps on beeping from Jiyong’s message. He’s flooding it. Thank God, the shoot was cancelled. I don’t think I could wait further. I just want him right now. 

*Beep

Another message but now it’s from Dami, saying they would be here in about fifteen minutes. I looked around the house, and made sure everything is good. Last minute, I looked at the mirror, and breathed deeply “Welcome your man.” I talked to myself.

I heard some voices outside so I hurriedly hid myself. Reason? I don’t know too. This nervousness is creeping on me. There voices went louder, and the door squeaked open.

“Omma, what’s with all these decorations, you’re showing some affection to me, huh?” I heard Jiyong’s voice. Oh God, those voice.

“I didn’t do it.” His mom replied. “Not me.” Dami added. 

“Aishhhhh, you really prepared for my return. You should have brought Dara.” Jiyong continued. I peeked on the door, and saw him hugging his dad. God! That handsome face. I miss him so much.

“Yah, where are you?” My phone read. A message from Dami.

“Inside a room.”

“Why are you there?”

“I don’t know too”

“Get out now. Let the brother of mine finally be happy.” I smiled at her reply, and quietly slipped out of my hiding place.

Jiyong’s back was facing me when I went out. His mom saw me, and circled her arm around my waist, nodding to her son. Dami and her husband waved while his dad gave me a quick hug. Jiyong was left clueless, busy on playing with Iye. His mom pushed me forward while Dami has already brought her phone up, focusing it to us. I swear if all these people compile all the hidden photos/videos of me and Jiyong, our supporters will never be jobless from spazzing.

“Babe” I called out. Jiyong almost snapped his neck when he looked back. I smiled, opening my arms.

He stood there, looking at me wide eyed, like he has seen a ghost.

“Yah. Are you not gonna do anything?” I asked, chuckling. But Jiyong remained on his feet.

“As much as I want to throw myself to you right now, I’m playing hard to get here.” I continued, still waiting.

“Dara, sorry about Jiyong. But please do me a favor, and do the move. I’ll make sure he receives some scolding later.” His mom whispered. I winked at her and wasted no time to throw myself, hugging him.

He finally wake up from his daze when I felt him s his arms around me, so tight I can’t almost breathe. But no one’s complaining. He buried his face on my neck. And the next thing I knew, my skin is feeling wet, and his body started trembling.

“Don’t tell me you’re crying.” I heard Dami laughed. It was confirmed, when a silent sniff was heard.

I’m sure he doesn’t want his family to see him cry so we stayed in that position till he calmed down. He finally lifted his head. His hands cupped my face. His teary eyes now forming a thin line from his smiles.

“I’m really home.” He whispered, giving me a chaste kiss. If not for his family, I swear, I would’ve devoured him. “Breathe Dara, you’ll figure it out with Jiyong later.” I reminded myself to act properly.

“Now, look at these kids.” His mom hugged the both of us.

“You didn’t even cry when you saw us. And now you’re a crying mess. What should I do with you?” She patted Jiyong’s before turning to me.

“Thank you for being his home.”

“Everything for him, omma.” I hugged her but not long enough when Jiyong snatched me away. 

“I miss your cheesiness.” He giggled, resting his face on my shoulder.

“And I miss you too. Now, let’s eat. I think unnie’s hand are already tired.” I turned my head to her. “Oh, oppa.” I laughed, seeing her husband now holding her phone.

 

“Dara, you have any schedule this week?” His dad asked while we were eating. Jiyong looked at me expectantly since we haven’t really figure out things yet.

“I’ve already talked with my manager to clear my week. So hopefully, no urgent will came up.”

“And you’re doing that because?” Jiyong asked with hopeful eyes. But instead of responding, I just winked.

“Let’s finish eating so you could go.” His mom said, a hint of teasing is there hanging in her tone.

“Where will I go?” Jiyong asked. Really, his military duties made him naïve. I should make up for it for the meantime. I’m glad this dragon taught me how.

“With me.” I replied flatly, continuing my conversation with Dami and Minjoon. Jiyong just sat there, thinking. Aigoooo, this dragon is so cute when clueless.

“Can we have it soon?” Appa added, smiling at his son’s confused face.

“We’ll try appa. Unnie, oppa, you wouldn’t mind right? If we give it first?” I asked, trying my best to maintain a serious face. Aigooooo, I miss this.

“No worries. I bet you’ve practice more than us.” Dami winked, making me burst to laughter.

“What’s happening? Why are you all winking” Jiyong whispered at me. If I told him, I swear no meal will be finished. The Jiyong will rise. I shook my head, and gave my attention back to the food. Jiyong was probably searching his head, seeing him so silent and in deep thought. We all just let him. We knew he’ll get back to his right mind soon.

When we were done eating, I volunteered to help in washing the dishes but Jiyong stopped me. We all looked at him, and wonder what’s with the sudden change of his mood.

And there. Those eyes. I perfectly knew that.

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I looked outside, and saw that the sun is till high up.

“Dara, be prepared.” I chanted in my head. I’m assuming this boyfriend of mine will reason out the need to make up for the lost time. And yes, I’m seeing a bodies.

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Calm down Dara! His family is in front of you.

“I think we should get going.” Jiyong stood, his hand grabbed mine, encouraging me to stand too. I started laughing, his parents and Dami joining. I looked at Minjoon, who looked at us blankly, but joined anyways.

“Go. Dara prepared enough. We’ll clean these.” Omma replied, wiping .

Jiyong and I bowed down to them, giving each a quick hug.

When we were about to leave, I heard Minjoon asked his wife where we are going. I didn’t hesitate and stopped my way to answer him instead.

“Kwon Babies.” I smiled knowingly, making everyone laugh except Minjoon who was shocked probably with my boldness. 

 

 

While Jiyong was driving, I took my time to stare at his face. Aigooooo, I really miss this man. He must’ve felt it as he gave me a glance, smiling. When we stopped on one of the traffic lights, he opened up his right hand. I quickly entwined mine, enjoying the short seconds to feel him.

“I miss you.” I said, still looking at him.

“And I miss you too Mrs. Sandara Kwon.”

“I miss hearing that.”

“You won’t have too. I’m now here.”

“I know. You look so happy Mr. Kwon.”

“That’s because I’m finally home.”

“And home is where you make Kwon babies.”

“And home is just ten minutes away from now.”

“And I believe I will get no sleep until this sun goes up again?”

“You know it babe.” He winked at me. And right there and then, I knew this man so well.

 

 

JIYONG’s POV

I snuggled closer to the crook of her neck, sniffing the scent I missed every morning for the past months. Thank God, those times are over. Her right hand made its way on the side of my face, caressing it.

“You’re really home.” She whispered. Her fingers now tracing my eyes, my nose, my jaw. She slowly leaned in, pressing her lips to mine. “Good afternoon babe.” She mumbled, resting her face on my chest.

“Tired?” I asked. When she said she’ll get no decent sleep until the sun is up, she was definitely right.

She shook her head, chuckling, looking up to me. “Just happy.”

I hugged her closer, the contentment and peacefulness she always makes me feel swimming around, “I miss you.”

“I love you.” She replied, planting a kiss on my chest.

My Sandara. The woman who got me trapped with her love. Moments with her will always be my favorite.

“Anything you want to do this week?” She asked. I tried to think about it but nothing comes. I just wanted to be her.

“You have anything in mind?” I returned her question.

“Honestly, just wanted to stay here with you.” She held my hand up, entwining our fingers together.

Her gestures, her words. The somersault of my heart never failing everytime she does that. I’m pretty sure my cheesiness does not match with hers.

“Let’s do that.”

“Should we get up?” She asked, looking at the clock beside the table. 3:00 PM blinking.

I lifted the blanket, securing it around our bodies. My way on telling her I’m never leaving this bed. No one in their right mind would want that.

“You sleep. I’m going to cook.” But I hold her tighter, making her whine. “Jiyongggggg.”

“Few more minutes.” I tried to convince her.

“Need to feed your tummy, babe.” She wiggled her way out, sitting. Her back staring at me.

When she stood, she clasped her hands together above her head, stretching her body.

OH GOD! Perfection.

The lights seeping on the blinds. Her body’s outline so vivid.

OH .

“Dee.” I mumbled unconciously.

I caught her attention, her body turning fully, her arms still in the air.

. . .

“Babe, you okay?” She asked, walking to me.

NO. IM NOT. I’M DOOMED.

I shook my head, gulping the saliva already pooling in my mouth.

I can feel it.

She made her way to me, about to put her hands on my forehead to check my temperature.

I raised my hand to stop her.

One touch, game would be over.

She looked at me weirdly as I removed the sheet covering me. Her eyes trailed to what I was doing.

There he is, standing loud and proud.

.

“Yah.” She slapped my arm before turning to go to the bathroom.

WHAT DO I DO? The guy below is not tired from last night.

“Door is open. I’m waiting.” I hear Dara shouted.

. .

 

 

DARA’s POV

“I miss you” Jiyong blurted for the nth time. He’s been saying those on repeat since he was out, and it has been three days already. His clinginess has also upgraded to a whole new level. I doubt he even know the meaning of ‘space’. He squeezed my body tighter, drowning himself on my neck. Yup. Definitely not in his dictionary.

I turned off the television, wrapping my arms around him. “Cuddle?”

“Hmmmmm.”

I slid down on the couch, placing my head on the arm rest, bringing him with me.

We stayed like that, savoring each other in silence.

This man always making me feel that he needed me, that I mean so much.

“What are you thinking?” I asked.

It took him some time, before he pushed himself up, shifting our positions, making me lie on his arms.

“Just things. What awaits me.”

“Many are waiting for you babe. They never stop.”

“We’ll see that. But mostly, I’m thinking about you.”

“What about me?”

“I don’t know.” He tipped my chin up with his finger so I could look at him. “I’m just grateful to have you here with me.” “Everyday, while I’m away. I’m thinking about you, waiting for me. About you, sleeping alone, not having anyone to talk to, not having someone to take care of you.” He continued. “I’ll make up for it.”

“I know you will. And I know you’ll also make up annoying me.”

“That’s given babe.”

“Your jealousy is given too.” I chuckled, giving him a quick peck.

“You really love kissing me huh.” I grinned at him, agreeing with his statement, giving another one. “I love kissing you too.” He planted one on my forehead.

While he was serving the army, he never let me feel that I’m alone. He always sees to it to squeeze me during his days off, to send letters, to call when allowed. But days like this is what I missed the most. Just us cuddling, exchanging kisses, talking about random things. To be with the person who made me feel safe, the one whom I could bare myself without any pretentions.

“I really miss you.” He whispered again.