Married Life

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

YOUNGBAE’s POV

"Kyaaaaaaa!” Hyorin squealed.

“What?”

“My favorite couple is here!” She giggled. 

“Hey, calm down” I told her.

“Hyorin, Youngbae! Annyeong!” Dara hugged my fiancé. While Jiyong nodded his head, smiling. Yes, those two is the reason why my fiancé is squealing.

"How is it?" Dara asked about our upcoming wedding.

“It feels really weird. Who would have thought, the Bigbang member who doesn’t have any experience in dating turns out to be the first member who will get married.” I looked at Hyorin, my fingers playing with her hair.

"You used to hide behind my back when I introduce you to girls before." Dara laughed.

“We envy the two of you.” Jiyong added. Dara nodded. Both in deep thought.

“The two of you look so happy though.” Hyorin replied.

“Yeah. People in YG are always talking about how perfect the two of you are for each other.” I added. Rather than saying they have the perfect relationship, being perfect for each other is better. We know the trials these two went through. So seeing them now, still happily inlove, we wouldn’t trade it for the world. We don’t dare to remember the gloominess of everyone in YG during their hard times.

“We know that. We just envy the fact that your relationship and marriage was easily accepted by public.” Jiyong replied. Before, I was honestly afraid for Hyorin if we go public. I witnessed what it did to Jiyong and Dara though they haven't confirmed anything. So I, myself was very surprised at how well they received us.

“It’s just hard for us. The hiding and the lies, sometimes it’s already tiring.” Dara confessed.

“That time the news of your relationship went public. I saw Dara reading the comments. She was so happy and excited, how well the public accepted the two of you. Seeing her like that saddens me. I know she envies you. I can never give her that. Even with just rumors of us being together, she’s already being bashed by people. I don’t understand them. How could they say things like that to someone they don’t personally know?” Jiyong released his frustations. 

“Babe, I’m fine.” Dara assured him. Her hand capturing his.

“But Jiyong is right, noona. It’s unfair. Me, and the other members aren’t just vocal about this but whenever hates, issues, rumors are being thrown to the both of you, we can’t help but get mad. We even make accounts to reply and get back at them.” Knowing Dara for more than a decade, all the members became overprotective to her. She’s our fragile noona who always takes care of us. She’s so kind and understanding to the point where we wonder if such person really exists. That’s why when Jiyong told us about his feelings for Dara, we didn’t question him. It’s more on do our friend deserves someone like Dara.

“It’s just unfair that I need to hide her.” Jiyong added.

“You’re just trying to protect me. I understand it.” 

“We have even planned our married life already.” Jiyong told at us dreamily.

“Remember the house we told you guys that we bought, we’re already asking someone to make it children safe. Just imagine, little Kwon babies running in all directions inside our home, playing. That would be a sight.” He added excitedly. Then Dara added another. Soon, they were both telling us how they envisioned their married life would be. They were looking at each other’s eyes, clearly absorb with their own little world. They looked so happy and excited with all those scenarios they were blurting out.

“While I’m cooking our dinner, you will arrive home from work. I will welcome you along with our kids with lots of kisses. Then, you will follow me to the kitchen, giving me a backhug while I finished cooking.” 

“We will dress our kids like a true fashionista that we are. You will style our daughter’s hair with your trademark palm tree hairstyle. While I teach our son how to walk with swag.”

“There would also be times when we would fight. I’ll get mad at you, and will give you a cold shoulder….“

“And that would make me uncomfortable and guilty. I will lose my mind, thinking of things on how to make it up for you.” Jiyong’s reply made me laugh. I suddenly remember those times when he would call me in the middle of the night to ask what he should do since Dara is not talking to him.

“Then, of course. We will also have our babe time. We will leave our children on your house out of the blue, and you can’t do anything about it because the two of you love us. And your kids love it whenever our kids have sleepover on your house. We will escape like we used to, and enjoy our private time together.” Dara continued, looking at me and Hyorin. How dare these two! They even manage to disturb us when we will also be busy dealing with our own kids.

“We will travel around the world since it was the thing we can’t do right now. God, I can still remember those lonely nights whenever one of us has work overseas.”

“I will post many photos of us together. I will post photos of you, drooling. There would also be photos of our family doing wacky face and weird poses.”

“And when you are working in the studio, we will give you a surpise visit. Then, our little monsters will create a huge commotion -- playing with the instruments, doodling with lyrics, shouting on the microphone, running in the lobby, disturbing the trainees and other artists. Everyone would be running after out kids, treating them as prince and princess. CEO Yang would spoil them with gifts.” I continued.

“For their favorite playmate, Seungri, they would exhaust him by constantly riding his back and requesting for his comical acts. I just hope he won’t teach them things. Then there’s Daesung who would play legos and watch Doreamon with them. Seunghyun hyung would be briefing them about artworks while being weird, of course. Chaerin would be teaching them aegyos and English words. Bom would also visit but our kids wouldn’t really pay attention….” Before Jiyong continued, Dara already cut him, laughing. “Because our kids aren’t fond of aliens. Aigoooo."

“Just look at that. So pure and happy.” Hyorin whispered, staring at those two who’s still immersed in their own world.

“They deserve it.” I replied, kissing the side of her head.

“Then there’s the two of you. You would be their second parents. Whenever we get mad or scold them, we bet they would be calling the two of you in no time so you could pick them up from our house.” Dara grinned at us before they continued again.

“And when they’re already grown-ups. I will still give you my cheesy lines. You will still abuse my lips with kisses.” Jiyong teased noona.

“Yah! I don’t abuse it. Your lips is just so tempting."

"We will still hold hands. We will still be drowned on each other’s stares. We will still cuddle at night.”

“Kyaaaaaa!” I heard Hyorin trying to silence her squeals. “It’s like watching a cheesy Korean drama.” Aigoooo, my fiancé is really invested with their love story.

“We will still make love.” I heard Jiyong said.

“Shut up, you . I bet you won’t have any energy to do it.”

“Ahjumma, I’ll make you moan my name repeatedly even when we’re already in our seventies.” God, are they really talking about making love infront of us. Where’s the manners of these two?

“YAH! The two of you are so gross.” I shouted at them, bursting their little world.

“We will have more trials but we will always face it together.” Dara smiled at Jiyong.

“Just like how you stayed with me all this time.” My bestfriend whispered. True. Whatever hardships will be thrown to them, they will surely surive it. They’re Jiyong and Dara after all, the strongest couple I’ve seen.

“We will all be a big happy family.” Jiyong ended, satisfied on how he foresee the future.

“Thank you for making us part of it. Soon, all those will come true.” Hyorin told them.

“We hope too.” They replied in unison.

“Your love for each other was tested by all sorts of storm but you overcome all of it. You will be happy.” I assured them.

“I’m always willing to give up everything for her. If the fans think I’m betraying them by being with Dara, so be it.” Jiyong told us mindlessly. 

“Babe, don’t say that.”

“No Dee. If they’re my fans, they would respect my decisions. You’re hurting because of them. And I don’t want that to happen again. I’m tired dealing with them. I want you to be happy.”

“Ji, noona. It’s true that my marriage with Hyorin is much much easier than your situation. Sorry for my word, but I’m very grateful for that. If I am in your place, I don’t know what will I do. I may have given up a long time ago. I don’t even know how you two survived.” I confessed to them. Hyorin hold onto my arms, calming me down. I’ve told her about this before and she has the same thought. We both don’t know if we could survive being in their place. Are we really brave and strong enough to be together till the end if we face the amount of trials the couple infront of us experienced? We don’t think we can. I don’t even want to imagine it, it’s like all trials were thrown at them and tested their love. That’s why Hyorin and I are always rooting for their happiness. They are the perfect example of ‘love conquers all’.

“But this is the two of you we are talking about. You’re the strongest couple I knew. We don’t know why people keep on hating your relationship but who cares about them. The fans - we will be forever thankful to them. We will not be in our place if not from their support. But they don’t own our lives. In a few years, they would get married and have family, but how about the two of you. If you’ll listen to them, you will just be prisoned on what they wanted you to do and not what you wanted to do. This is your life, your decision. From the start, I know, we all know, it will always be the both of you who will end up together. You’ve sacrificed enough. Stop making things complicated and just be happy. If you want to get married now, so be it. all those haters, they’re not God to decide for your life. If they curse you or hate you, so what. We will be here to protect the both of you. And we know that even before we do that, the both of you have already protected each other.” I tried explaining to them. I might sound angry but I’m just tired too, seeing them go through this. These two are the kindest people I know but people keep on dragging them down. I hate the fact that they won’t leave them alone, it’s like all their moves are being watched. I just want them to live peacefully.

“Think about yourselves. When you get old, it would be the two of you who will stick together, and not them. Maybe, I wasn’t able to witness your relationship from the start but whenever I observed the two of you, I can’t help but smile. Those playful banters, cheeky smiles, loud laughs, loving stares, sweet gestures, and the way you always end up having your own little word – it screams happiness. Don’t let others take that away from you. Hell, I won’t even allow it.” Hyorin told them, smiling. Hell yeah, that’s my fiancé right there. Aigooo, she really loves the couple so much.

“If you want, instead of us, you can be the ones who will get married on February 3. Just use the things we’ve already prepared, consider it as our gift. But I’m afraid you need to make new invitations, and unnie should find her wedding dress too. Too bad, we don’t have the same body size. Other than that, everything is all settled.” She added suddenly. God, Hyorin is not really on her right mind. Many would think that she just said that to lighten up the mood but NO…

“But Hyorin! It’s our wedding!” I ranted. I’m hundred percent sure, she’s serious about this. I’ve been waiting for the day when she would finally be my wife but she just casually offered it. God, now I’m questioning if she loves this couple more than me. She even proposed before that we plan a double wedding with them. Aishhhhh!

“Noona, really? Can we?” My bestfriend asked, excitedly. What the?! I know he’s crazy but really, stealing my wedding day? Earth to Jiyong, hello?

“Babe” Dara warned him. “Aigooo, look at the talk we’re having. Sorry, if Jiyong and I spoilt our dinner. We’re just too sentimental these days.” She continued.

“It’s okay unnie. We’re always here to listen.”

“Dara and I have talked about these million times. We’ll get there soon. We’re just taking it step by step.” Jiyong smiled as he played with the couple ring on Dara’s finger.

“Just make sure I would hear wedding bells from the two of you.” Hyorin pointed out. Aigooo! I bet when that day comes, she will be more excited than them.

“I’m already Mrs. Sandara Kwon. No one could marry this man except me.” Dara winked at Hyorin. Jiyong grinned proudly, satisfied with his girlfriend’s response. I hope that day will come soon.


 

DARA’s POV

“Noona, I’ll call you if we will accept your offer.” Jiyong motioned to Hyorin, trying to tease his bestfriend again.

“Shut up!” Youngbae punched him lightly, obviously annoyed.

“Youngbae, why are you so triggered? We know Jiyong is just joking.” I laughed at him. But he looked at me seriously, shaking his head.

“Jiyong is, but Hyorin is not.” He replied defeatedly. What? Is he serious? It’s clear Hyorin is excited about their wedding, why would she give that day to us? He must have read the questions forming on my head as he answered without me asking.

“I’ve seen the things that happened in your relationship, I’ve told Hyorin about it including the bad things the two of you went through. She was so much affected, she even cried for days. That’s why whenever we’re gathered together, she will always observe the two of you. She would always say how strong the two of you are. Seeing your skinship and hearing your cheesiness, she will spend the whole day, squealing at me because of how much love, you two are emitting. Sometimes it annoys me, instead of having a babe time with her, she keeps on marveling on your love story. If your love story is a K-drama, I’m sure she has already watched it hundred times. She adores the two of you too much.” Youngbae explained to me, while staring at his fiancé, who’s having a small talk with Jiyong.

“But you love her either way.”

“Hmmm. So much!”

“She’s a great woman.

“She is.”

“I’m so happy for the both of you.” I tapped his back, congratulating him with his marriage.

“Thank you noona. Thank you also for making my bestfriend happy.”

“I’m looking forward to spend the rest of my life with him.” I smiled at Youngbae as we approached the two who’s the topic of our conversation.

 


 

JIYONG’s POV

While Dara and Youngbae were having a small talk, Hyorin approached me. “Jiyong, the two of you. Please be happy.” 

“Yes noona. I’ll make sure of that.”

“Dara is really a strong woman, huh.”

“She is. Stronger than I am.” I honestly replied.

“Treat her like a queen.”

“I’m doing my best. She deserves it.”

“I really adore the both of you.” She giggled suddenly, surprising me.

“I can’t imagine my life without her. I just love her too much.”

“She loves you too...so much. Everyone could see it. Your love story is my favorite one, aside from mine of course.”

“Excited to marry my bestfriend, huh?”

“I really think love is blind, I never thought I would fall deeply in love with your weird bestfriend.” She laughed, looking back to Youngbae.

“Congrats noona! Dara and I are always here for the both of you.” I smiled at her.

When Youngbae and Dara were already beside us, I quickly entwined my hand together with Dara's, giving her forehead a quick kiss.

“Let’s go?” She smiled at me.

“We’re going. Thank you for the dinner. Drive safe.” I told them.

“Hyorin!” Dara called her as they were about to go inside their car.

“Expect our call. We’ll just find my wedding dress.” She shouted. Hyorin was clearly excited with what Dara said. A whole opposite of Youngbae who's emitting deathly glares. Before he lashed his annoyance, Dara started running, dragging me with her.