Goals

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

DARA’s POV

It was already afternoon when I woke up. I checked my phone and saw Jiyong’s messages.

“I just woke up.” I called him.

“Do you want me to pick you up?”

“No, it’s okay. Just enjoy your time there.”

“Are you sure? Do you want me to order some food? You haven’t eaten lunch yet.”

“I’ll be fine babe. I’ll just see you later. Love you!” I hanged up.

I was browsing through some photos we took back in Malaysia when Jiyong’s mother suddenly called.

“Hi omma! How are you?” I answered excitedly. Jiyong’s mother prefer that I called her omma since she’s pretty sure that I’ll be her future daughter in law, same as his dad. It was weird at first but I became used to it.

“Dara, my dear! I heard you’re in Japan.”

“Yes omma. I got some days off from work so I’m with Jiyong.”

“Wait, I’ll give the phone to someone. He keeps on nagging me, he wanted to talk to you.”

“Dara!”

“Appa! I miss you!”

“I miss you too! Where are you in Japan, let’s meet up.”

“You’re also here?”

“Yes. But Jiyong didn’t know we’ll be watching him. Is he with you?”

“Yes. Uhmmm, not really right now. He's meeting up with someone for a while. Should I call him?”

“No. It’s okay. Are you busy? Let’s meet and call Jiyong for dinner later.”

“Okay appa. I’ll just change clothes. Just send me your hotel’s address, I’ll go there.”

 


 

I hugged Jiyong's parents when I saw them waving. I miss them so much. It’s been a while since we last saw each other. I invited them to a café nearby so we could catch up. Too bad, Jiyong is missing this out.

They asked me about Jiyong’s tour, that’s when I told them the story of how their son was planning on revealing our relationship but failed. They just laughed at his misfortune.

“But Dara, do you have any plans to do it?” His mother asked.

“I don’t know. I just don’t think it’s the right time yet. I guess I’m afraid too.” I sincerely replied.

“It’s okay to be afraid. It’s normal. We saw what both of you went through and being a public figure, it must be harder.” 

“It doesn’t matter if you reveal it publicly or not. Whatever decision the both of you have, we will respect it. As long as both of you are happy and know the truth, there would be no problem.” His father added.

“Thank you so much for everything omma, appa.” 

Remembering the photos we took in Malaysia, I browsed through my phone and showed it to them, knowing they would be delighted seeing their son. They were scanning the photos, smiling and laughing. I was staring at them and can’t help but be thankful. They were like my real parents. They’re always there for me, rooting and taking care of me as if I’m their own daughter. During the time when Jiyong and I broke up, I didn’t expect them to console me but they did. They were mad at Jiyong for his mistake but at the same time they don’t want to lose me too. It made me smile remembering those times when Jiyong was trying to win me back but his parents were already one step ahead from him. 

“Omma, should I call Jiyong so we can plan where we will be having dinner?”

“Sure. Here’s your phone. Thank you for the photos, they were really beautiful.”

“Thank you omma! Wait a minute.”

I tried video calling Jiyong so he can see I’m with his parents.

“Hi babe.”

“I miss you! Wait, where are you now? That’s not the hotel.”

“I went to meet two great people.” I replied back, giggling. Since his parents were on the other side of the table, Jiyong can’t see them yet.

“Yah babe! Where are you? Close your eyes. I’ll get you right now.” His voice quickly changed to an annoyed one.

“Why should I close my eyes? And I really love these people.” I teased while Jiyong’s parents were silently laughing at their son’s jealousy.

“Babe, just do as I say. Don’t look at new faces, and what love? I’m the only one you love!”

“Ji, stop that. You sound crazy. You also love these people.” I gave him a hint.

“Sorry.” I mouthed to his parents before looking back at Jiyong.

“But I only love you Dara! Yah, who are you saying sorry too? Are you embarrassed that I’m your boyfriend?” He kept on saying random things. I faced my phone’s camera to his parents who waved at him.

“Omma? Appa?” Jiyong confusedly said.

“HAHAHAHHAHAH!” Both me and his parents were laughing so hard.

“What’s happening?” I heard him asked. I faced him again and he looked so lost.

“HAHAHAHAH! Ji! Please greet your parents nicely. They miss you so much.”

“Our Jiyongie! We miss you!” They said in unison.

“I miss you too omma, appa. Are you in Japan?” Aigoooo. Seriously, did he leave his brain somewhere. 

“Babe, are you really asking that? As far as I remember, I’m in Japan too so I don’t think they’re in Korea right now.” 

“Dara is taking good care of us.""Dara, you can talk to him.” His mother said so I faced my phone to me.

“Let’s have dinner together.”

“I can go there now.”

“Don’t rush. We’re fine. Where do you want to have dinner? I’ll make some reservation.”

“Anywhere babe. I’ll be there in an hour. I’ll call you.”

“Say goodbye to your parents.”

“Omma! Appa! I miss you! I can’t wait to see you later.” They waved at him.

“See you later babe.” I ended the call.


 

JIYONG’s POV

Dara just video called me, and I was shocked to see her with my parents. They didn’t tell me they would be here in Japan. Now, that I think of it, it’s been a while since I last saw them. I bet they saw Dara more than me.

Dara messaged me that we should just meet at the restaurant. When I arrived, I saw them chatting animatedly on the far end table.

“Omma! Appa! I miss you!” I went to my parents and hugged them both.

“Are you surprise? We came to watch your concert.”

“You should have told me.”

“It’s okay. We don’t want to bother you and Dara.”

“Ani omma. It’s okay! I really miss you both.” Dara interjected. I settled myself beside Dara and greeted her, “Hi babe.”

Our dinner was filled with delicious foods but what made it so special is being with Dara and my parents. I miss this moments.

“Son, are you okay?” Mom asked, laughing.

“Huh? Of course, I’m okay.” I was confused when she suddenly asked out of the blue. What’s happening? Did I miss something out?

“Babe, omma is talking about your failed plans during the concerts.” She explained. Oh my god, did Dara just told them that?!

“Dee! What did you do?”

“Omma, appa! Don’t believe her she’s making it up.”

“It’s okay. We’re not judging you. HAHAHAHA!”

“It’s her fault omma! She kept on leaving me.” I tried to explain. Aigooo, now I’m admitting it.

“We told you, it’s okay. If Dara’s not yet ready, you have to wait.” Appa said, giggling.

“I’m always willing to wait. Right?” I grinned at Dara.

“In case I forget, Dara made us see some photos of your stay in Manila and Kuala Lumpur earlier, they were all beautiful.” Omma started.

“Thank you! What else will you expect from our genes.” I proudly said.

“Stop that Jiyong, Dara is the one who made it beautiful.” Omma replied back.

“Actually, what catch your omma and my attention is we saw photos of you…. kissing.” They both giggled.

“WHAT?! Oh God!” Dara suddenly panicked.

“OMO! OMO! SORRY OMMA, APPA! YOU SHOULDN’T SEE THAT! AIGOOO! SORRY! I DIDN’T CHECK IT BEFORE GIVING IT TO YOU! SORRY!” I laughed at her, seeing her face so red from embarrassment.

“Why are you apologizing? We find it very cute.” My mom squealed, assuring her.

“Aigooooo.” I heard Dara mumbling.

“Should I hide in the bathroom now?” She whispered at me.

“It’s fine. Relax.” I told her, grabbing her hands.

“You two are so cute!” My parents squealed together. As you can see, my childishness runs in the blood.

“Jiyong, Dara, we’re both getting old now…” Dara and I looked at my father since he suddenly became serious.

“When are you giving us little Dara and Jiyong?” He continued, now smiling.

“Appa, I think were still not r…….” Dara started but I immediately cut it.

“We’re already working on it appa. We’re trying to make one on different countries.” I replied in a matter of fact tone but deep inside I was already laughing. I can feel Dara’s grip on my hands becoming tighter and tighter. And when I looked at her, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! If only looks could kill, I’m already dead.

“Omma, Appa! I’m sorry but please do allow me to do this infront of you.” She apologized at my parents first before rolling her eyes at me.

“KWON JIYONG!!!!! YAHHHHHHHHHH!” She started slapping and pinching me everywhere. Aigooo, she’s really mad. My parents were laughing, enjoying the scene of their only son being hit by their future daughter in law.

“Omma, don’t believe him. He’s just joking. He’s always this crazy.” Dara defended herself.

“Crazy in love with you.” I whispered.

“Kwon Jiyong!!!!” HAHAHAHAHAHA! Aigooo, I’ll be preparing for my death later.

“Ji, stop that already.” Dad told me, still giggling.

“Thank you appa! Please scold him!”

“But Dara, I’m liking the idea of grandchildren made in different countries.”

“APPAAAAAAAAA! Omma please help me!” Dara cried.

“HAHAHAHAHAH! APPA! JJANG!” I showed him my thumbs up.

“Sorry Dara. I also like the idea.” Mom replied.

“HAHAHAHAHHAHA! OMO! OMO! BABE, YOU'RE SO RED!”

“Aishhhhhh! Babe!!! You’re supposed to be on my side!” Dara glared at me. She’s obviously embarrassed.

“Okay! Okay! Let’s stop now.” I hugged her, motioning my parents to stop laughing.

“Sorry babe. I love you!”

When our dinner ended, we decided to drop first my parents to their hotel before heading back to ours.

“Babe, look at them.” Dara pointed at my parents who were already walking towards the hotel’s entrance.

“What about them?”

“Look at their hands.” I saw their entwined hands, swinging.

“I hope in the future we would be like that.” She smiled dreamily.

“Your parents is my relationship goal. They are so cool. The spark in their eyes is still twinkling. I want to be like them when we get old.” She continued.

“Consider it done.” I got one of my rings from my finger and placed it on her ring finger.

“Soon babe. We will create our own family. And we will live happily ever after.” I kissed her fully in the lips.