Sweet Escape

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

DARA’s POV

On our way back to the hotel, Jiyong started his 2nd IG live. I think he’s nowhere near tired. I was observing him all throughout the broadcast, and all I can see is his talkative and happy self. These past few months, I saw how drained he was from all his overseas tours, promotions, guesting, exhibits, and so on. So, seeing him at this state puts me at ease.

As we ended his IG live, he scooted beside me despite the divider separating us. God! I just want to cuddle with him and this is what we get.

“I’m gonna tell you something” He grabbed my hand.

“KRUNG GRABEEEEEEEEE!” He squealed. What? Honestly, I don't have any idea what's the meaning of that. I just laughed a while ago because he really looked so enthusiatic saying it. 

“Babe, you sounded so wrong. What do you mean by that?” I asked, laughing

“You said ‘grabe’ is ‘I like it very much’, and also you’re known as Krungkrung here in the Philippines. I combined it together so I have ‘KRUNG GRABE’ which means ‘I LIKE YOU VERY MUCH DARA!’” He proudly explained. It didn’t take me long enough to burst out laughing. HAHAHA! How come I didn't think of that. 

“Hahahaha! Aigooooo my baby boy is soooo cute.” I praised him, pinching his cheeks.

“Why are you laughing?"

“Because you sounded so wrong babe. HAHAHAHAHA! I get your point. HAHAHAHA! But it’s still wrong! HAHAHAHA! I don’t even get it at first! HAHAHAHA!” I understand what he meant but knowing the Filipino language well, it’s just so wrong. HAHAHAHHA! But I really appreciate his effort.

“Don’t worry babe. HAHAHAH! Wait I’ll just calm down.” I grabbed both of his cheeks, seeing how embarrassed he was. I wanted to comfort him but I just can’t contain my laughter.

“Sorry about that. Hahaha. Okay. What you’ve said is somewhat weird but the explanation was really good. I know our fans will understand it. They are like Detective Conan.” I explained, still trying so hard not to laugh.

“That was the cutest thing ever! I love you too my Jiyongie!” I squealed, giving him a quick kiss. AIgoooo, that was too funny!

“KRUNG GRABE!” He said again.

“I know. I love you too.” I replied back. Aigooo. I really hope this night will never end. Thank you Jiyong for making me so happy.

Jiyong was saying ‘Krung Grabe’ on repeat throughout our ride when I got an idea.

“Babe, are you super tired?”

“Not really, I think I'm too hyper. Krung Grabe!” I laughed at his response. He’s really hyper, no doubt at that.

“Taehee, can we go somewhere else first before going back to the hotel?” 

“It’s okay. Where do you want to go?” I really don’t have any idea when I asked him that so it left me thinking on what to do at this wee hours.

“Are we going to Tagaytay?” Jiyong smirked.

“It’s too far and you still need to rest for your early flight.”

“We can always reschedule my flight. My concert is still tomorrow...”

“Also, I wanted to do something for you there.” He added, smiling knowingly.

“Aigoooo, what do you want to do there?”

“Well, I’m thinking of something which includes a ring and you. What do you think?” He replied cheekily.

“Yah! Ji! Shut up!”

“Taehee, wait a minute. I'll just think.”

I suddenly thought of Mr. Bernie, the owner of the clothing brand I’m endorsing here. I remember he invited me before to his private rooftop lounge on one of his buildings. He told me I can call him anytime if I wanted to visit there whenever I’m in the country.

I got my phone from my bag, and started messaging him to know if he’s still awake.

In just a few seconds, he already replied so I called him immediately.

“Goodmorning Uncle! Sorry to bother you at this time.... I’m here in the Philippines today…. I’m with Jiyong…Is it possible if we can go to your rooftop lounge?....Really?! Okay…. Thank you uncle! We’ll be there in 10 minutes.” I hanged up, and smiled at Jiyong who's waiting for my news.

“Taehee, go to this address. Don’t worry, I know the owner and it’s very private there.” I gave him the assurance. Our privacy and security is the priority here.

“Babe, I’m always amaze with your connections.” 

When we arrived on the place, I immediately saw uncle, waiting.

“Hi Uncle!” I greeted him together with Jiyong and Taehee.

“Hello Dara! Nice to see you again! Come in guys!”

“Sorry for the late notice. Aren’t you sleeping by now?”

“I’m working up late so it’s okay.”

“Wait! I'll introduce them first. This is Jiyong and his manager, Taehee.” I informed him, pointing at the two men beside me.

“Ji, you’ve already met him before. Remember that time you fetch me on one of my photoshoots in Korea. The one who gave me caps.”

“Yeah. I remember now. Nice to meet you again sir and thank you for allowing us here.” Jiyong greeted.

We were about to enter when Taehee asked us, “Are we gonna wait for the two of you here or you’ll just call me so we can pick you up later?”

“What do you think Dara?” Jiyong directed the question to me.

“Just go back to the hotel so you could rest.” I replied, thinking that he must be tired too.

“Can you please just drop him off the hotel first. I will just call you later.” I requested the driver.

Uncle Bernie might have heard our conversation since he offered that he can just ask someone to drive us back to the hotel. I thanked him before talking again to the driver.

“Nevermind about the call. Just drop Taehee off, and you could also go home. Thank you for today!” I bowed to the driver.

Finally! A private time with Jiyong.

Seeing the view in the rooftop, I cannot help but be awestrucked by the beauty of Manila’s night lights. I felt Jiyong entwined our fingers as the breeze of the cold air enveloped us.

“Dara, just call me or knock downstairs if you need anything. I’ll be staying here for tonight because of work.” Uncle'a voice suddenly said. I almost forgot about him.

“Sir, this is really beautiful. Thank you so much!” Jiyong praised him.

“No problem Jiyong, Dara is a close friend and a great endorser, I should say. Just call me uncle too, drop the formalities.” Uncle smiled.

“Feel at home. There are also refreshments over there so just relax. You can stay until tomorrow if you want.” He continued.

“Uncle, that’s too much already. Allowing us here without notice is more than enough. Jiyong also has an early flight later. Don’t bother yourself with us anymore.” I thankfully said.

“I’ll be going now. Enjoy!”

“Thank you so much uncle!” Jiyong and I said in unison.


 

JIYONG’s POV

As always, Dara never fails to surprise me. I was already very much contented with the concert, dinner, and that Krung grabe IG live. But she was spoiling me too much.

We still went to one of her friend’s rooftop lounge. It has a very cozy feel with those little colorful lights hanging on the railings. The view is breathtaking. Aside from the open space decorated with hammocks, bean bags, and some benches, a glassed-type room was also placed there probably when it’s too cold or when it’s raining.

I entwined my hands with her as we enjoy the view ahead of us. We were too engrossed with the silence and scenery when we heard Mr. Bernie talking to us.

After a small chat, we said our goodbyes to him before he went down. I'm so thankful to him for allowing us here, I reminded myself to get something for him next time.

Once the door was closed, I encircled my arms on Dara’s waist closing the gap between us. We were both staring at each other, letting ourselves get lost in each other's eyes.

“Thank you.” I sincerely told her before claiming her lips.

I hugged her closer to me as I felt her hands travelled around my neck, deepening our kisses. When she slightly opened her lips, I didn’t hesitate to insert my tongue and tastes her sweetness. God! She’s so sweet. We were both gasping for air as we kiss each other hungrily but none of us wanted to stop. When we really couldn't breathe anymore, we decided to get some air but it didn't even last for a second as we both quickly find our way back on feasting each other's lips.

“This is life.” I thought to myself as we continued kissing and touching each other. I can do this all day.

I don’t know who stopped kissing who but our heated kiss eventually turned into small little kisses. Everything is just so perfect.

“Babe, thank you for everything. Thank you for making my stay here so much special. I really appreciate all your effort. Thank you for never leaving me despite everything we went through. Thank you for accepting me including my flaws. Thank you for your never ending support. Thank you for loving me always. I love you so much." I ended with another lingering kiss on her lips. I know I'm getting so cheesy these days but who cares.

“Babe, 13 years ago, you took care of me despite me being your noona. All this time you never fail on showering me with so much love and happiness. You always make an effort to give time for me despite your busy schedule. Thank you! Thank you for always choosing me. Remember that I’ll do everything to make you happy. I love you too!” She beamed at me, giving me a quick peck.

“Let’s go there, and look at the view.” She requested, pulling me with her.

We were enjoying the colorful lights from the buildings and streets while I backhugged her when I remember my request about my concert.

“Go with me on my upcoming tour please.” I heard her sighed before she replied.

"I really want to do that. I want to experience again the happiness I felt a while ago. But the thing is, your fans might not like me. I’m just afraid to ruin everything Ji.”

I turned her around so she’s facing me. “I’ve already told you this many times. But I will say it again, you’ll not ruin it. You’ll make it even better. I just want this concert to be really me, to be really Jiyong’s and I don’t think there would be any reason of you not being a part of it. You’re my life babe. I’m Dara’s Kwon Jiyong.” I assured her again. I will never stop explaining this to her. Dara, may seem like a woman with a lot of coolness and confidence but she always tends to worry.

“Dara, this is about you. Don’t mind other people’s comments. I know sometimes we can’t help but be affected by them because this is our job. But please, don’t forget about yourself too. Don’t forget about your happiness.” I tried explaining.

“But Ji…..” She started but wasn’t able to continue her protest. I hope she’s getting what I’ve been saying to her.

“Just trust me. I’ll be there with you. I will protect you no matter what.” 

“Okay babe but please look after me. I know it’s selfish but it would be very different on another country. Just please make me feel secured.” She said in her small voice. I feel bad for her, there must be so many things running inside her head now. 

“I’ll always be there. Just do what you always do and don’t forget to enjoy."

“Thank you." She simply replied, nuzzling her face on my neck.

She must be tired already so I decided to settle ourselves towards one of the hammocks.

 


 

DARA’s POV

While cuddled on his Jiyong's arms, I suddenly remembered the kiss we shared a while ago, making me feel giddy. God, his sweet yet manly taste! Kyaaaaa! I hate cigarettes but whenever I tastes them on him, I can’t help but crave for more.

This is so perfect. I’m really thankful for this moment where we can just be together lazily amidst our busy schedules.

I looked at him who’s staring at the night sky. Gosh! Why is he oozing with so much iness?! He looked like he’s in a photoshoot. I noticed his stubbles, caressing it.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing. Just marveling at your hotness.” I playfully replied.

“Hey, stop doing that. I can take you right here, right now.” He smirked as he teasingly brushed his lips with mine.

“You can’t do that. This is not our place.”

“I’ll make it quick.” Aigooooo, is this man really serious?! I looked up in the sky, and noticed that only few stars can be seen.

“Ji, the world is really playing with us.” I started with another topic to revenge with his teasing.

“Why?”

“Did you know that right now there’s a typhoon here in the Philippines called ‘Kiko’.” I laughed.

I was waiting for his retort on my teasing but he just stayed silent. I felt him gathered me in his arms tighter as if I’m going to disappear anytime.

Another minute has passed and he’s still not saying anything.

“What a way to ruin the mood Dara!” I scolded myself silently. I just want to  but I guess I went a little overboard. So Kiko was one of the reasons for our break-up before, but we already solved it. Honestly, I was able to interact with her before and she is really a great person. Things just happened and when we realized it, it’s already out of control. Everything is already okay so no need to hate her.

“Babe, please talk. I'm just joking.” I nervously told him. But still, I only heard silence

“Sorry.” I whispered.

After minutes of silence, Jiyong shifted our position. I was now under him as he supported himself with his arms, hovering over me. He was staring but I couldn’t read his eyes. Then he started giving me small kisses.

“Babe, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry from what I’ve done in the past. Not only Kiko but just everything. They’re my mistakes. I admit it. But please babe, please forgive me. I love you and only you. Please don’t do this to me.” He pleaded with sad eyes. I wasn’t able to respond right away as I let everything he had said sink in. All this time, he's still blaming himself. 

“I didn’t mean to make you feel that way. Sorry. We’ve already talk about this before and we’ve already fixed this. What’s important is us now, the present, and hopefully the future as well.” 

“I know but whenever I think about it, I just can’t help but remember the pain I inflicted in you. Seeing you cry, it felt like hell, Dara. And the worse part is I’m the reason behind it. I’m really sorry. I’m sorry that even now I’m still holding onto you despite everything. I’m sorry but I just need to be selfish. You're only mine.”

Tears were forming in his eyes which made me feel guiltier. This should be a great night but why should it turn out like this.

“Look, Ji. I’m fine. We're already fine. Maybe you hurt me in the past, but you’re also the one who always heal me. Stop apologizing. Also, you can be selfish all you want. I won’t go anywhere.” I reasoned out, grabbing his face. “I love you Jiyong always.” I said, claiming his lips.

“Thank you Dara, I love you too! Krung Grabe.” He grinned.

“Now, you’re back!” I told him, laughing. This is the Jiyong I like, the childish Jiyong who always made me feel so giddy.

“Sorry for the drama babe.”

“It’s okay. Now, shall we continue enjoying this peaceful night?” 

With that we spend our night cuddling, looking at the stars, not feeling the cold breeze of the night but the warmth of each other's body, and engulfed not with silence but the loud beating of our hearts.

 


Author's Note:

Next chapter might be the last. I need to prepare myself for another Daragon feels from MOTTE in KL. Yayyyy! Though, I still can't move on from MOTTE in Manila :(

I really hope you enjoyed reading this guys. Thank you again! Let's spread Daragon love <3