Tempting the Dragon

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

December 1, Philippines

DARA’s POV

“Tell me about it later. Fighting! You’ll do well.” It was Jiyong's last message. I really do hope everything will turn out well. Though I only had a few days to rehearse, I gave it my all. Before the event started, I was so nervous but thanks to our ever dependable leader, Chaerin, I was able to calm down a little.

And in just a blink of an eye, the fanmeeting was done. Just like what they say when you’re enjoying what you’re doing, you won’t notice the time and exhaustion. All hardwork paid off.

The feeling I felt back there on stage is still surreal. The things I do for these people who keep on supporting me will never be enough to show my gratitude.


Korea...

JIYONG’s POV

After the rehearsal for tomorrow’s show, I waited for Dara’s update regarding her fanmeet. It's early in the evening right now so it’s still probably ongoing. I was lurking online when people started tagging me with videos and photos.

WHAT THE! DAMN! DARA IS SO ING GORGEOUS! OH MY GOD! SHE’S OOZING WITH TOO MUCH INESS AND CONFIDENCE! HELL YEAH! THAT’S MY GIRL RIGHT THERE!

Oh my god! That wave! ! ! Jiyong, Calm down! Those eyes! !

“Hyung! Hyung!” Seungri knocked hurriedly, disturbing my time marveling at my girlfriend. I forced myself to get up and opened for him, a phone was directly put infront of my eyes.

“ hyung! You should see this. Dara noona is so hot! Look! Look at that expression. Oh my god!” Seungri started spazzing. 

“Yah, that’s my girlfriend! Stop!” I shouted, smacking his head.

“Hyung, how did you do it? Teach me your ways please. I want someone like noona.” He pleaded.

“First of all, stop wandering on different parties and countries. And stop hooking yourself with different woman. That alone will help you.” 

“Hyung, let me just have noona!” He cried. I slammed the door close before he invite himself inside.

Back to what I was doing before Seungri’s unwanted appearance, I continue saving all her performances' photos and videos. 

God! How many times have I replay Dara’s performace of ‘I love you’?! That was sooooo y! And that chair, damn that chair is so lucky! How I wished I’m that chair! For the nth time, here it is! Dara’s gonna lie down on that chair! I was anticipating it when Dara started video calling me. Omo! Omo! Why am I even panicking?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4QWMFHzAU (Skip @2:44 mark for ILY performance)

“Hi!” Dara greeted. Whoaaa! Of all times, why is she wearing a robe only with her make up still on. Damn, that red lipstick! It’s . How do I even calm down at this state? I swear I’m close on having a hard on.

“Fanmeet just ended. And it was the best thing I could’ve imagine for my fans. I really hope it would be much longer. Aigooo, I want to do this in Korea too. Blah…blah…blah….” She started talking but it wasn’t really registering on me. I was too busy staring at her. Those red lips that keeps on moving is so y. And those milky legs, showing under her robe, damn! A goddess was talking to me! I swear I’m a saint in my past life to deserve this.

“Ji! You okay? Tired? You haven’t really responded to me. I can just call you after you rest.” 

“BABEEEEEEEE! WHY DO YOU LOOK SO GORGEOUS, INNOCENT, HOT, Y, CHARISMATIC AT THE SAME TIME! WHY! WHY IS THAT DAMN CHAIR SO LUCKY! WHY AM I EVEN HERE IN KOREA! WHY! AND LOOK AT YOU NOW! YOU LOOK SO TEMPTING; I SWEAR I’M HAVING A HARD ON ALREADY!” I cried all my concerns to her at once. Just why?! Aishhhhhhh!

“Aren’t you proud?” She laughed.

“WHAT QUESTION IS THAT? WHO WOULDN’T BE PROUD? SANDARA PARK IS MY GIRLFRIEND FOR GOODNESS SAKE!”

“Then why ask those questions? And what’s your issue with the innocent chair?” She laughed again. Am I even laughable with my state right now?!

“BABE! YOU DANCED ON THAT CHAIR! YOU EVEN LIED ON IT! DON’T YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW SENSUAL YOU LOOK WITH THAT DAMN CHAIR!”

“It’s just a chair.”

“RIGHT! IT’S JUST A CHAIR, AND I’M ING JEALOUS WITH THAT CHAIR! I’M THE ONLY ONE WHO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE THAT CHAIR AND NOT THAT CHAIR!” I defended myself. I'm not making any sense. But the point is I wanted to be that chair.

“Aigoooo. Stop your drama. Judging from your outburst, I’m pretty sure you’ve seen my performances already. How was it?”

“The best! I told you, you will do great." “Babe, you’re so perfect! I don’t know what to do anymore!” I cried again.

“Awwww. Thank you! Well, I was expecting you to scold me since you didn’t want me to do y performances after that show I did before.” She reasoned out but still chuckling.

“Of course I’ll support you. You don’t know how hard it is for me. Those things that you just did should be for my eyes only. But seeing you perform like that, I wanted to scream to the whole world that ‘Hell yeah! That woman is mine! Sandara Park is Kwon Jiyong's!'”

“Thanks. Kwon Jiyong, jjang!”

“Jiyong!” Taehee knocked on my door this time.

“Dee, wait. I’ll just get the door.”

“Did you see it already? Noona was so hot!” Taehee welcomed me with those words. Are these people too dumb to remember that I’m Dara’s boyfriend, and they kept on telling me those things?

“I know! I know it before anyone else! I know it for so long already! No need to tell me!" I lashed out at him.

"So how was it?” I continued asking, calmly this time, pertaining to the things I asked him to check moments ago.

“There’s a flight an hour from now. And for your flight back, there’s one at 7 am tomorrow. Are you sure you’ll go back here in Korea first before you head to Japan. I can book you a flight directly from Manila to Japan. Either ways, you’ll be there on time before the show. Should I take it?” He informed me. Now, that’s a dependable manager right there. Dara, here I come! 

“Kwon Jiyong!”

“Ji, are you talking with someone? I think I heard noona’s voice.” Taehee asked. Shoot! I forgot.

“Yes babe?” I immediately raised my phone. I smiled, trying my best to look like she hasn't heard anything.

“Taehee!” She shouted this time. Why am I so dumb? I forgot she can hear us. I’m so dead. “What flight?”

“I thought you know noona. He called me a while ago to book a flight going there so he could be with you tonight.” Taehee honestly replied. Can't he tell, it should be a surprise?! It’s official, I’m dead!

“Jiyong! Is that true?” I grinned at her, hoping she wouldn’t get mad.

“Taehee, are you even his manager? Jiyong has a show tomorrow. Why are you allowing him to do that?” Cause he'll do anything for Daragon moments and most of all, for Kwon babies, I answered her question in my mind.

“Because of Kwon babies. Bye noona! Bye Ji!” And he quickly ran towards his room. Told you! Aishhhhhh! 

“Kwon Jiyong!”

“Uhmmmm. Hi babe! I love you!” I replied innocently.

“Yah, why would you do that?!”

“Cause I miss you already.”

“Aigooo. I miss you too. We’ll see each other in a few days so just wait.” She laughed. Thank god, she’s not mad.  

“You always do it. I want to do that for you too.” I said somberly. I feel like my effort for her will never be enough compare to the things she's doing for me. 

“I understand. But no need for that. I’m just concern with your safety. You’re not at par with my ninjaing skills, babe. Just let me do that part for you.” She joked. 

“Then how about the hard on you’ve caused?” I replied back which sent Dara off guard. Hahahaha! But I’m really serious about this matter. Her effect on me is too much.

“You’re joking, right?” She asked, gulping her own saliva.

“Want to see it?” 

“No! No! No! You know the drill, babe. Cold shower! Goodnight! Ppyong!” She ended the call. Like I have any other choice, cold shower it is.


December 3

DARA’s POV

With the success of my fanmeet, it felt really good to receive compliments. It’s been a while since I performed like that aside from the guestings I had for Jiyong’s MOTTE tour. I really thought I won’t be able to pull it off since it’s my first time performing alone. Talking about the fanmeet, everytime I remember what Jiyong was about to do that night, I can’t help but laugh. Seriously, I didn’t know he would really book a flight that night impulsively. Good thing, I found it before it happened. He still has a lot to learn regarding my ninjaing skills.

I just returned back here in Korea yesterday but I’m now waiting for my flight to Japan.

When I arrived in Tokyo, Junsuke was already waiting.

“Junsuke!”

“Dara!” He greeted, helping me with some of my luggages. I'm thankful, I can always count on him. But I know Jiyong always bribes him to keep an eye on me. 

“Are you sure Taehee got this?” He continued. The members were all in Nagoya for their concert so I asked Ji’s manager if he can do something so they could go back in Tokyo quickly, meaning tonight. Junsuke helped us convince Jiyong by arranging him an early dinner with a famous Japanese artist. 

“I’m sure it’ll be alright.” "Look, Taehee just told me they're done with the dinner. They're going back to the hotel."

“Yah, what’s with your fanmeet?” Junsuke laughed at me. Now, what? Is he really going to tease me about it?

“Wae? Wae?” I stucked my tongue out.

“You’re the talk of the squad. Haven’t you seen our group chat?” My phone was flooded with messages that night, I might have overlook it.

“Are you guys backstabbing me?” I got my phone and check. Boom! My pictures and videos are everywhere! God! It's flooded with my face. This is so embarassing! The culprit, none other than the great boyfriend of mine. 

“Why do you look annoyed? Can’t you see how everyone was praising you.” A smile slowly crept on my face. And now I looked like a crazy woman with all the grins I’m producing.

“Is that really Dara? OMG! Let’s shoot something soon. - Soojoo” “! Dara’s so hot! – Xin” “That’s my sister/girlfriend right there, burning that stage with so much fire. - Chaerin” “Dara, Jiyong doesn’t deserve you. You’re a true goddess! Why settle for a crazy man? – Bajowoo” Those were some of the comments I saw. 

I replied at their comments, still feeling giddy. I tried to bite my lips to stop myself from smiling but I basically failed.

“You really miss the stage, huh.” Junsuke said, making me nod.

“I really thought I won’t be able to do that again after 2ne1 disbanded. I was longing for it so bad. That’s why I’m really thankful for Jiyong for giving me the opportunity to perform even before this fanmeet. During those times with him, happy and elated is an understatement. Even if it’s his concert, the feeling is still the same. The excitement and happiness I saw from the people watching, I missed those so much.”

“You deserved it all Dara. Just like how Jiyong and everyone else around you always believes in you, just believe in yourself too.” 

When we arrived at the hotel, I called Taehee to ask about Jiyong’s room.

“I’m already here at the hotel.”

“I'll go to you, noona.”

I saw Taehee running towards me, grinning.

“Why are you so hyper? Miss me that much?” I joked.

“Noona! You looked so hot on your fanmeet!” He squealed like a teenage fangirl.

“Thank you! You didn’t tell Jiyong I’m here, right?”

“Of course. You really love surprising that stubborn dragon, huh.” “But it was really easy asking him to go here in Tokyo tonight.” 

“Because he had dinner with an artist?" He shook his head, still grinning.

"Why?” I asked curiously. It wasn’t really that easy to convince him to do things because just like Taehee said he’s very stubborn.

“All he need is the videos of you from your fanmeet, then he’s settled.” He simply reasoned out.

Taehee led the way, pushing the button up to Jiyong's floor.

“Jiyong” Taehee called, knocking. We got no response but I could hear something inside.

“I love you ~~~~” Someone is singing.

“I love youuuuuu ~~~~” I know that song. 

“Is that?” I asked Taehee confusedly.

“Yes noona, that’s your voice. I told you, he’s been watching all your fanmeet performances since yesterday repeatedly.” 

“Ji! Will you stop watching? Open the door.” He tried again.

“I don’t want to be disturbed. I’m busy!” Jiyong shouted from the inside.

“Why are you busy, your concert just finished. And it’s your free day tomorrow.” He shouted back but again no response.

“I feel sorry for you. You need to endure that man.” I said to Taehee.

“Noona, you’re the one I should be sorry for. I can always quit my job. But you, you need to endure it for the rest of your life.” He smirked back. Woahhhhhh! His retort was good.

“Sorry self.” I said, making the both of us laugh. But what can I do, I feel sorry for Jiyong too. He has to endure my mood swings all the time. So, it’s just fair on both of us. 

“You should rest. I’ll handle this.”

“Okay. See you around.”

After he left, I knocked again before talking aloud, “I can perform it to you live if you want.” And voila! The door opened.

“Dara?”

“Annyeong! How’s the performance going?” 

“Babe?” His face still shocked, not believing my presence though I've done this to him many times before.

“Aigooooo. I love you… I love youuuuuuu~~” I started performing right infront him. I didn’t know I would be doing this in the hotel’s hallway. But that did it. The confused look on his face started getting giddy. I threw myself towards him, sending him a bit out of balance. 

“Annyeong.” I greeted again.

“Annyeong.” He replied back, capturing my lips.

“You two! I wanted a Kwon baby but can’t you keep it private.” Taehee suddenly appeared, closing the door before us.

“Babe, you’re doing it again.” Jiyong caressed my cheeks.

“Doing what?”

“This. You keep on appearing whenever I miss you the most. I want to do that for you too.”

“You might catch me with someone else.” I . His face immediately turned pale. Oh no, here it goes. “That's a joke. I have the best boyfriend anyone could asked for.” I quickly redeemed myself.

“But, really babe. I want you to feel how you make me feel whenever you do this.” He pouted. That pout again! Aishhhh! Anytime soon, I’ll be abusing that lips again. 

“You’re doing it already. Whenever you randomly appear on my work and pick me. Whenever you send me those annoying yet cute messages. Whenever you drop that cheesiness of yours. Whenever you make songs for me. When you gather me in your arms at night. When you hug me while I cook our meals. When you shower me with kisses. You’re doing more than what I’ve been doing to you so just let me do this.” I finished it with a kiss. Jiyong started to get red from too much smiling. Aigoooo, we’re both getting cheesy again. He, then started showering my face with kisses. Kyaaaaa! I miss this!


JIYONG’s POV

“Since when are you interested on attending art exhibition?” I asked Dara. Last night, she told me we should go to this certain exhibition, and I’m somewhat surprise that she was really looking forward it. 

“Since you are my boyfriend.” Hearing her say that made me laugh. I remember that time I brought her to a museum. I was checking the artworks while she was just following me. I swear she’s trying her best to keep her sleepy eyes opened. She can just stay on one corner to sit and wait for me but she tried her best to gain some interest on the things I like doing or have interest with. Now, her exposure on it finally pays off. Sometimes, I even caught her scanning some Basquiat's works on her phone. I must have been influencing her alot.

“My honor, babe.”

“Can I ask a question too?” She asked, grinning. “Since when are you so interested in me?” She continued, anticipating for my answer. And that question calls for a cheesy answer.

“Since CEO Yang showed me your picture. Yes, that’s before we even met. And yes, that’s how long I’m in love you. And I’m not planning to stop cause you’re making me fall in love with you more each day.” I grinned, satisfied with my cringy answer.

“Too cheesy but acceptable.” She laughed.

After touring around the art exhibition, Dara decided she wouldn’t go with me to Dover Street as she was not feeling well, probably from spending too much time, flying around different countries. 


December 7

DARA’s POV

Since I accompanied my friends yesterday, I haven’t really went out except for the time we went to the exhibition and the dinner we had with Yuka. I called Junsuke to accompany me to Dover Street before the concert since Jiyong told me nights before I should check it.

Noona!” All the three members quickly greeted me as I entered their waiting room while Jiyong s his arms around my waist.

“How is it going?” I greeted back.

“Noona, where did you buy the snack you gave last night? It’s really good.” Daesung asked, pertaining to the take-outs I sent to their rooms for midnight snack. After, Youngbae started talking about Seungri’s upcoming birthday. “The maknae is planning a private island party in the Philippines.”

“I bet there would be a lot of drunk people there. Plus ladies with so little clothes on.” Daesung laughed, teasing the maknae.

“Yah hyung, you just envy me. Don’t worry, you’re also invited. But I’m sure you would ditch me again.”

“Your kind of party is not mine or Daesung’s kind.” Youngbae replied. “What can you say noona?”

“Ah, actually I know about it” I simply replied.

“You know? We don’t have the slightest idea about it not until a while ago.” Jiyong asked, giving me those weird looks.

“Remember that time we went to Boracay, I managed to introduce Seungri to my event organizer friends. We talked about one of the private islands. Seungri even spent some time there. He showed interest on spending his birthday so he can invite all his friends from different countries without worrying about privacy.” I explained.

“Thank you noona! He’s my translator, hyung!” He grinned at Jiyong, not sensing the black aura he's emitting.

“I think I know where this is going?” Jiyong replied, taking a glance at me before glaring at the excited Seungri.

“Noona is going hyung! Kyaaaaaaa!” Aishhhhhh! What’s wrong with this panda?! I haven’t really told Jiyong about this. This would take a lot of convincing again. I know he wouldn’t like me going to Seungri’s kind of party, uhmmmm maybe parties in general that includes alcohol drinking. He always makes sure that he should be around when I need to attend those, and when he’s not available, he will contact someone who he trusted to accompany me.

“Dara.” He said my name with that tone of authority, definitely asking for an explanation.

“We’re going now.” Daesung already smelled the mood of their leader. No! Please don’t let me deal with this raging dragon alone.

“But I’m not yet done talking to noona. Noona, some of my DJ friends were asking for you…..” Youngbae quickly covered his mouth, dragging him. Jiyong still glaring.

“Sorry babe, I was going to tell you, really.” 

“I promised to guest at IU’s concert that day, who would accompany you?”

“I can manage it. And it’s Seungri’s friends, you can trust them.” I defended myself. I adore Seungri too much too missed it. "Maybe?" It’s already too late when I notice that I’ve said the last word out loud. That should be for my thoughts only. I hope he didn’t heard it. *crossfingers.

“You said it yourself, Maybe. We both know what alcohol does to people’s behavior. What if something wrong happened? Just please.” Jiyong knows that eventhough he tried to reason out things, he’ll not win this argument. Yeah, that’s how much I love the panda. Well, Seungri is also his favorite dongsaeng. In the end, he would still allow me but it will surely worry him a lot. I was rummaging my mind for some ideas to give him assurance when I spotted someone. 

Brilliant! When things go wrong, the only one I needed is our fairy godmother.

“Babe, promise I would be okay. And I’ll be bringing Junsuke with me.” Yes. He didn’t even have the slightest idea.

“Fine. But please please update me everytime. If I heard Seungri’s guests making a move on you, I’ll be there in no time.”

“I won’t really stay in the party. We both know I’m not into that kind of atmosphere. I’ll just attend the dinner, and after I’ll probably explore the island or rest. I might bring Rachel with me too.” He nodded his head, resting his face on my shoulder.

“I wish I could be with you.” He mumbled.

“We’ll go there someday too.” Soon, I hope.

 


Author's Note:

Here's one of Dara's clip performance from her fanmeeting. Skip to 2:44 mark for Dara's performance of 'I love you' with the chair. Yes, the one which Jiyong is so jealous about. Kekeke! Thank you to addictedtoNUEST for the video. Also, check out other videos from Dara's fanmeet. Our queen is slaying it!

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4QWMFHzAU