Chapter 2: And Answers

Born Sinner

-Youngjae’s POV-

The next day we were awaken by a loud obnoxious blow horn. “What the…” Daehyun said immediately sitting up. “Rise and shine Romeo and Juliet.” It was Jayde. “How did you get in our room?!” Daehyun nearly snapped.

She shrugged, “The window.” She answered simply. I looked around and saw that there wasn’t any window. I was confused. But my confusion was interrupted by the blow horn that repeatedly blew over and over again. I covered my ears.

“Your training starts today. Meet me in the back in ten point zero minutes.” She said. “Wait. What about breakfast?” Daehyun asked. “9 minutes and 57 seconds. Now! Let’s go! Let’s go! Let’s go!” She clapped sounding like a sergeant.

Daehyun and I scrambled to our feet off of the bed. “Here.” She said tossing us each a white T-shirt and forest green pants. “I’ll see you soon.” She smirked and with that she vanished again.

“What…is she?” Daehyun questioned. “Come on. We have 9 minutes left.” I said running to the bathroom. We quickly got dressed, brushed our teeth and ran downstairs.

There was a table filled with food in the center of everything. Daehyun and I just grabbed a slice of bread and stuffed it in our mouths running out into the back, where the others were lined up wearing a white t-shirt and forest green pants like us.

“Hey you guys.” Zelo greeted. “hey.” I waved back in between bites and breaths. I looked back and saw Daehyun stuffing his mouth with some rolls of bread. I just stared at him. “What?” he asked with his mouth full.

“I just shook my head. “I have to eat.” He defended. Zelo giggled a little at Daehyun’s silliness. “All right you guys!” Jayde walked in wearing dark sunglasses and gray pants and a white tied up t-shirt with a black leather jacket. She wore a whistle around her neck. “From this day forward until the end of the week you will be out here training.” She announced.

“It’s not going to be easy. I’ll be your head sergeant. I will work you so hard until you can’t break a sweat anymore.” She spoke loudly, playing her role perfectly. Himchan hesitantly raised his hand.

“Kim.” She gave him permission to speak. “Um…wouldn’t that mean we’d be dead…if we couldn’t sweat?” Himchan said. Jayde just smiled. “Good question, good question.” Was all she said.

“First you’ll work with me, then you move on to other teachers specific to what you are. There will be no breaks unless your teacher says otherwise.” She said. “Spppzztt…are we preparing for some war?” Daehyun scoffed. “Yeah…” I answered. “Oh…yeah.” Daehyun said somewhat embarrassed. I could only shake my head.

“Every day I want you out here as soon as the sun hits the sky.” Jayde ordered. Just then someone walked up next to her. It was Lee, he was also dressed in black and white. “Lee is here to help as well.” She said. “I thought vampires couldn’t be in the sun.” Jongup remarked. “As you can see I’m all covered up, Moon.” Lee hissed. He seemed upset, like he didn’t want to be here.

“Alright let’s begin.” Jayde smirked. “Drop down and give me 20.” Lee ordered and blew his whistle. We all dropped down and did push-ups. Jongup finished his set in less than 30 seconds. Then Daehyun finished, then Yongguk, then Himchan, and then Zelo. I was still on my 5th one. I struggled to push up, but fell straight down, 6.

My arms were hurting already. “Come on Yoo.” Lee said impatiently. I had a terrible time pushing myself back up. It hurt so much. My arms were shaking and everything. I fell hard on to the ground, 7. I cursed myself for being so weak.

I heard Jayde sigh, “Just do 3 more. We’ll have you progress to 20 by the end of the week.” I felt pathetic but I was kind of thankful at the same time. I pushed myself back up three more times and stood back on my feet.

“You okay?” Daehyun asked. I ignored him, I was too embarrassed to say anything. My arms were so sore after that. “Give me 150 jumping jacks.” Lee ordered blowing his whistle again. We obeyed once more and di the 150 jumping jacks. Of course Jongup was the over achiever and finished in less than 2 minutes. I was lucky enough to finish at the same time as Zelo and Himchan.

“Since it’s your first day we’ll take it easy on you.” Jayde said. Lee just smirked he actually looked excited. I did not like the looks of this.

 

 

We ended up running around the entire castle 3 times, we did a lot of bear crawls, we did pull ups, went through a long maze of bricks. We did some rock climbing, flips, the splits, EVERYTHING that you can think of we did. We only had one small break only to catch our breaths.

“That wasn’t so bad.” Jongup said when we finally finished. “That’s because you’re already in shape.” Himchan grumbled. “Oh really? How did you know? Is it that obvious?” Jongup asked lifting his shirt, revealing his abs. Himchan just rolled his eyes and drank his water. “Man…that’s something else.” Yongguk said sitting down, wiping his face with the bottom of his shirt. “And that was supposed to be easy.” Zelo came stumbling over sitting next to the eldest member.

I couldn’t say anything. I could barely even breathe. For a split second I thought I was on the verge of death. And to make things “better”, Daehyun was sitting here laughing at me. “You…Jerk.” I struggled between breaths.

“Oh my gosh, that was too funny.” Daehyun laughed wiping a tear from his eye. Yongguk shook his head, Zelo just patted my shoulder. “Thanks” I breathed. Daehyun was still laughing, having a blast. “Daehyun, is that really necessary?” Himchan scolded. Daehyun nodded. Jongup just smiled, feeling superior, I just sent him a small glare.

“That’s why you have me.” Daehyun cooed when he finished his laugh fest. I took this chance to get my revenge.

“Mm…I don’t know… I began. “What?” Daehyun questioned his expression suddenly changing. “Jongup was actually pretty impressive.” I noted. “That’s Jongup. I was really close.” He said. “You were second…not first.” And with all of the little strength I had left I stood up and sat down next to Jongup.

“You can’t be serious.” Daehyun said his expression now becoming serious. “Try me.” I challenged. “Hey Jae. How you doing?” Jongup played along hanging his arm over my shoulders. “I’m good. And you?” I said. “I’m doing great.” Jongup responded. “Yah! Moon Jongup!” Daehyun spat.

“What do you want now Mr.Second place?” Jongup responded teasingly. The others just laughed, but Daehyun looked mad. “Is he really taking this seriously?” I whispered to Yongguk. He nodded while still laughing. “Should I tell him I’m only playing around?” I asked.

“No, he’ll figure it out sooner or later.” Yongguk chuckled. All I could do was nod. Seconds later Jayde and three other people joined us. “Alright you guys time to start the other half of your training.” Jayde said.

“Yay! Finally to play with some water!” Jongup jumped up. “Jongup you go with Master HaeSoo, Himchan with Master KyuHyun.” Jayde assigned. The two got up and left with their masters. “Youngjae, you go with Jasmine. She’ll take you to the class. You two will be working together.” Jayde said. I slowly stood up and left with the girl who smiled at me.

I stole one last glance back at Daehyun, he still looked mad. Maybe I should’ve told him. “I’ll tell him later.” I spoke quietly to myself turning back around. I looked over at Jasmine, she was actually really pretty.

“So…You’re a mage too?” I asked starting up a conversation. She nodded. “Are you also going to be joining us next week when we leave?” I questioned. “Yeh. I’ve been stuck in training for nearly two years now.” She sighed. “Oh…um…I’m sorry.” I said unsure of how to respond. She laughed at me a little.

“What?” I asked. “Training isn’t that bad, it’s actually really fun.” She said. “Then how come you sighed?” I asked. “Because…just the thought of war is saddening to me.” She answered.

-Zelo’s POV-

“What about the rest of us?” Daehyun asked. That’s when Lee jumped from the sky next to us nearly making me jump out of my skin. He scares me, a lot. “Zelo, you’ll come with me.” Jayde said. I jumped up quickly running to Jayde’s side, happy to be away from Lee.

Lee took my spot and sat between Yongguk and Daehyun. “Wh-What about the two of us?” Daehyun asked, seeming to already know the answer. “You’ll go with Lee to combat training.” Jayde answered simply. “What?! With him?! Us humans…with a vampire?!” Daehyun spat. Jayde nodded.

Lee laughed menacingly. “Let’s go you guys.” He said walking away with the two under his arms. “I should’ve brought garlic.” Daehyun muttered. “Garlic doesn’t faze me. That’s just a myth.” Lee remarked.

“C’mon.” Jayde said to me.

I followed her throughout the city. It seemed like a really happy and joyful place. You wouldn’t have even thought that there was a war going on.

Little kids ran throughout the streets, laughing and playing. People sat around talking and enjoying each other’s company. Nothing and no one seemed divided. Everyone was united, they were one.

We walked for a while getting further and further away from everyone and civilization. “Where are we going?” I finally asked as we climbed up a small mountain. “You’ll see.” She said.

We continued to climb till we found a ledge. We stopped climbing and pushed through the curtains of moss. And what I saw on the other side blew me away. “It’s so beautiful.” I gasped.

There were two large waterfalls on the other side which poured into a clear, calm river. Everything was so green and lushes, it was all so pure.

“We’re training here?” I asked Jayde excitedly. She nodded. I jumped up and down in excitement. “You need somewhere calm and quiet to practice.” She said. “But…why do I need to train? I only control time. It’s not like I’m going to use it, except for my dreams.” I said being honest. “Yes you will. You will use it one day whether you want to or not.” She said getting serious.

“…but isn’t that dangerous?” I questioned. “Of course. That’s why you were given that power. You pretty much can control anything and everything.” She said stretching. “Really?” I asked her. “No one can control time like you can…except for me.” She said.

“You can do way more than you think. You can read minds, heal people, move things with your mind, and if you’re a mad genius you can manipulate and control living things.” She said. The thought of the last part made me shiver. Her eyes turned a light green and a little monkey came swinging over and landed on my shoulder. Awe it’s so cute!

The monkey held out a cherry tomato handing it to me. “Thank you.” I said receiving the tomato. “You’re welcome.” The monkey said with Jayde’s voice and swung away. Seconds later Jayde’s eyes turned back to normal.

“I don’t want to do that.” I said sitting down on a large rock. “I don’t know if you’ll have to or not.” She said honestly. “You really don’t have to do much for training. We’re just going to work on you controlling time. Which is all in the mind.” She said. At first I was excited, but now I’m not so sure about having these abilities. I don’t want to control anyone. The thought still brought chills up my spine.

“Ready?” She said tying her hair up, sitting on the ground. I nodded hesitantly and sat on the ground. She laid down on her back. I did the same.

“Just close your eyes…” She instructed. “And don’ think about anything…forget about everything, just focus on everything that’s around you. Take deep breaths if you need to, to help you get started.” She said.

I did what she told me. At first it was hard clearing my mind, but after a while I was able to focus on just my surroundings, the gentle breeze that barely kissed my skin, the sun’s soft rays, the sound of the water from the waterfalls meeting with the waters below, the sound of the leaves in the trees, and the sounds of the tiny creatures that lived in the area. It was really nice and calming. It was so nice that I ended up falling asleep.

I dreamt that I was here in the nice calming place with my friends including Jiho and the others. It was a nice dream. Just then I felt someone kick me, but I ignored it and continued my dreams. “Yah! Choi Junhong! What do you think you’re doing?” Jayde kicked me harder forcing me to wake up.

“Huh?” I said opening my eyes. It was dark outside. “What?” I said sitting up scratching my head. “It’s not nap time.” She said crossing her arms. My eyes widened. “Oh! I’m sorry! Miane!” I apologized. She shook her head smiling a little. “It’s okay, I fell asleep too.” She admitted helping me up.

“So…what do we do now?” I questioned. “Nothing.” She shrugged sitting on a rock. “Oh.” Was all I said. “Just tell me about your dream.” She said. “About my dream? Why?” I questioned.

“As you already know, your dreams mean something and with this training I am going to help you understand some stuff because not all of your dreams are just flat out, out there. Some have a hidden meaning while others mean nothing at all.” She explained. “And you have to know the difference.

“Um…okay then.” I said getting comfortable. “But wait.” I said before starting. “What?” “Will you tell me more about yourself afterwards? Like what you can do.” I asked curiously. She thought about it for a bit. “Maybe.” She said, and with that I began telling her about my dream.

I told her everything that happened in it, knowing that she’d know if I left anything out, besides I didn’t have anything to hide anyway. After I finished she told me what it meant and what key things to look for. She told me that this dream didn’t mean anything and that we’ll continue this all week while I do some other stuff.

“I guess I’ll tell you a little about myself, only because I like you.” She said standing up. “I’ll tell you a little bit day by day. It’s a lot to take in all at once, or to even understand.” She said.

As we walked back to the city she told me a little of what she is and what she can do. Jayde is a Sphinx, someone very rare and the type of person no one gets to meet unless they have to or if the Sphinx decides to come and see you.

Once we arrived back to the castle everyone was already seated at a long table ready to eat. Himchan looked all burnt out, literally. Jongup and Youngjae looked fine though. “Where’s Yongguk and Daehyun?” I asked. Youngjae and Jongup just shrugged.

“So…Jayde…isn’t it?” Jongup said playing the cool guy. Jayde just looked at him. “Why don’t you sit by me? I saved a seat just for you.” Jongup said slicking his hair back. “No.” She simply rejected him. “Ouch.” Youngjae laughed. Himchan and I laughed at him as well. That was when Daehyun and Yongguk came dragging in, with Lee following behind them.

The two looked beat up. “Well boys? That was fun wasn’t it?” Lee taunted, patting Yongguk’s back. They didn’t respond.

“Oh great. You saved me a seat Moon?” thank you.” Lee said sliding into the seat beside Jongup. “Of course. Who else would I save it for?” Jongup smiled patting the Vampire’s shoulder. Lee frowned and looked at him. “Don’t touch me.” He said in a slow threatening tone. Jongup awkwardly moved his hand. “Looks like we have two Himchans.” Jongup joked. Himchan just glared at him.

I felt really uncomfortable sitting next to Lee. He was so scary. The seat across from me was empty. I eyed the chair about to move when Lee grinned at me and rested his arm around my shoulders preventing me from moving.

“Hey you.” He said taunting me. His skin was so cold. “You’re not thinking about leaving are you?” he asked. I slowly shook my head. “Food. I knew you wanted to sit by me.” He laughed leaning back in his seat.

I whimpered a little. Yongguk noticed this and asked, “Um…Lee, can we switch seat?” “No.” Daehyun quickly whisper shouted at him. Yongguk ignored the younger and waited for Lee’s answer. “Mm…naw. I want to sit by Zelo.” Lee said. “I think he’s warming up to me.” He teased. I pouted, thanks Yongguk, you tried.

“This food is so good!” Daehyun said stuffing his mouth. “That’s why you’re second place.” Jongup smirked. Daehyun looked at Jongup with stuffed cheeks. “So? Youngjae is still mine.” Daehyun said falling from his mouth. I laughed slightly, he looked like a little chipmunk. “Looks like you finally caught on.” Jongup said. Daehyun didn’t respond and continued with the stuffing of his mouth. “So Himchan…what happened…with you?” Youngjae asked trying not to laugh.

Himchan hadn’t smiled at all since we finished training. His hair stood up and there was dirt and black ashes all over him. “Training was very…hot.” He said sounding somewhat scarred. “The benders were so brutal and aggressive. Even the girls were fierce.” He said remembering it all. “They were really good though.” He admitted.

“So did you learn how to use magic fire?” Jongup asked. “No.” Himchan admitted. Daehyun and Jongup busted out into laughter. “Why are you laughing? You don’t even have any magic powers!” Himchan shot at Daehyun embarrassed. Daehyun stopped laughing. “Ouch.” Yongguk chuckled.

“You don’t have any either.” Daehyun spat. “Yeah, but I didn’t laugh at Channie’s failure.” Yongguk said. “How was your guys’ training?” Jongup questioned them. The two went silent. Lee raised an eyebrow.

“It was good.” Daehyun finally spoke drinking his juice. “Daehyun remained in second place.” Bang smirked.

“They have a lot of work to do.” Lee smiled. “Especially the brown-haired one…he’s too sensitive.” Lee said. “I am not!” Daehyun defended. “What about you Jongup?” Bang asked. “It was actually fun. We splashed around in the water and all that fun stuff. There was a lot of girls there too. I had the choice to show off my bod. But I kept my shirt on for Channie…so he wouldn’t get jealous.” Jongup simply said. “Why am I not surprised?” Yongguk remarked.

“Of course Jongup gets it easy.” Daehyun said. “No. I just take it easy. You guys are just too uptight.” Jongup said. “At least I didn’t end up like Himchan though.” Daehyun snickered when a roll of bread was suddenly thrown at his head by Himchan. “Can you move water?” Youngjae asked.

“Mm hm.” Jongup nodded. Jongup took a deep breath and maneuvered the juice out of Daehyun’s cup and moved it around in the air. Yongguk, Youngjae and I clapped in amazement. “Hey! Put my juice back.” Daehyun demanded.

“I’m kind of rough around the edges though, but my teacher said I learned pretty fast.” Jongup said proudly. “That’s so cool1” I said in awe.

Just then Daehyun got up and marched over to Jongup trying to move the younger’s arms. “Give me back my juice.” He said trying to maneuver Jongup’s arms to make the Juice move back into his cup. “Yah! Daehyun stop.” Jongup said. “Ani! Not until you give me back my juice.” Daehyun said. “Himchan control your child.” Jongup said.

Himchan shook his head rolling his eyes. “Jongup!” Daehyun demanded. “Dae, stop. I can’t-,” but the juice fell on top of Himchan before Jongup could finish. Everyone froze. “Oops.” Daehyun said running back to his seat.

Juice streamed down Himchan’s head, to his face and down to his clothes. Jayde tossed him a towel to clean himself a little. “Youngjae-ah. How was your training?” I asked.

“It was pretty good. I learned a-,” “yeah, who was that girl you were walking with?” Daehyun asked cutting him off. “Jasmine? Oh she’s a student too. She’s really nice. We’re working to-,” “What’s her name?” Daehyun interrupted again. Youngjae just looked at him.

“Jasmine…I just told y-,” “What is she like?” Daehyun interrupted him some more. “Are you even listening?! She’s really nice. She says she’ll help me out if I have any questions. She’s really good and-,” “I don’t like her.” Daehyun cut him off.

“You don’t even know her.” Yongguk said. “So? I saw her and I don’t like her.” Daehyun told the elder. “I think someone is…jealous.” Jongup put in his two sense. “Why would I be jealous of her?” Daehyun scoffed. “Because, you’re sensitive.” Lee said. “I am not sensitive.” Daehyun defended. “Yes you are.” Lee said. “I’m not sensitive.” Daehyun pouted, sitting back in his chair crossing his arms. “So Zelo, how was your training?” Youngjae asked me, giving up on telling his story.

“It was nice.” I simply answered. “What did you do?” Yongguk asked. “Um…I slept.” I answered. No one said a thing and just stared at me. “You…slept?” Yongguk repeated. I nodded. “You had nap time?” Jongup questioned teasingly. “All day.” I smiled. “And you guys said I get it easy? Of course baby Zelo would get it the easiest.” Jongup said. “What are you talking about? You still got it easy.” Himchan said. But Jongup didn’t respond.

It was a really nice meal. Everyone chatting and talking, enjoying themselves. Even though it was a happy scene lee’s presence still terrified me.

“LEEEEEE!” Suddenly someone squealed Lee’s name from the distance. Everyone froze. “What was that?” Jongup asked. Everyone shrugged. “LEEEE!” the squeal was closer. We all looked over at the vampire who didn’t look too happy, though we’ve never seen him happy before. He just looked annoyed like usual.

“Lee!” someone zoomed right pass me, causing me to nearly fall out of my chair. I looked back to see Jayde who was still leaning against the wall. Then I looked back over to see someone hugging Lee’s neck, rocking side to side. “Awe! Lee I missed you!” the person had such a cute high voice.

Lee grumbled something but I couldn’t hear what I said. “I know you know that I was coming back today. I couldn’t find you at all. Why didn’t you come see me?” The boy pouted. He was so adorable! Lee didn’t respond. “Did you forget?” The boy asked looking into his face. “No, how could I ever forget your arrival?” Lee grumbled.

“Who is this?” Jongup asked. The boy released Lee and his focus went straight to Jongup. He studied him closely. “My name is Min. What is yours?” he asked curiously. “I am the Moon Jongup.” Jongup introduced proudly. The older hyungs rolled their eyes in annoyance.

“Oh~, who is that? He looks like he’s having a bad day.” Min pointed out, referring to Himchan. “Yeah. He is. His name is Himchan.” Jongup answered. Min jumped over to the said person.

“Awe~, are you having a bad day? Don’t worry it won’t be bad anymore.” Min assured him. “You wanna know why?” Min asked getting close to his face. “Um…why?” Himchan asked getting uncomfortable by his closeness. “Because I’m here!” he squealed loudly.

“Oh.” Was all Himchan could say. “Hehehehe…you’re funny. I think I like you.” The Min guy giggled skipping around the table asking for everyone’s name. He was really adorable, he was like a really tall kid, but he was probably my age or around there. “Jay-,” Jayde immediately covered his mouth keeping him from yelling out her name.

“What’s wrong?” Min muffled through her hand. She scanned the room carefully. “Shhh…Don’t say my name, or else he will come.” Jayde ordered. He nodded in understanding and Jayde removed her hand. “Who?” I asked curiously. “Tae…His twin brother.” Jayde answered.

“Min has a twin?” I repeated. Min nodded. “I love my brother but I hate him sometimes! He’s so annoying! He’s a big whiny baby!” Min said getting angry as he talked about it. “Just like you?” Lee remarked. “But I’m way cuter than him.” Min defended.

“How could you look cuter than him if…you’re twins?” Daehyun questioned. “You’ll see when you see him.” Min assured. Daehyun only nodded. “But you don’t have to worry. I won’t say your name when I’m around you. I pinky promise that I won’t say Jayde’s name around her.” Min promised proudly. Jayde just looked at him.

“Oopsies.” Min said realizing what he did. Seconds later I felt someone else run straight pass me jumping Jayde’s back. “Jayde!!” The boy cheered locking his arms and legs around her. Jayde just peeled him off of her but he kept coming back. “I’m sorry.” Min pouted. Jayde didn’t respond.

“Yah! Get off of her! She doesn’t want you on her! Can’t you see that? You dummy.” Min spat. Tae got off of Jayde and narrowed his eyes at Min.

“What did you call me?” Tae said his voice was just as high and cute as Min’s. “You heard me…Dummy.” Min repeated, sticking his tongue out. “You’re a big meanie!” Tae cried chasing his brother around the table. We just sat down and watched, unsure of what to do.

Tae had light brown hair, while Min’s was a dark brown.

They ran extremely fast around the table, so fast that you could barely even see them.

Just then Tae stopped running and smiled deviously with his hands behind his back while Min kept running. Tae simply stuck his foot out in Min’s pathway and a few seconds later Min tripped over his foot fall hard to the ground. It looked like it hurt, a lot.

“Tae!!” Min cried. Tae just snickered. He whistled about to run away when Min grabbed his ankle and forced him down to the ground. I flinched a little, it really did look like it hurt! “Min!!” Tae cried. “You jerk. He said. “You tripped me first.” Min whined.

“But that’s because you called me a dummy.” Tae sniffed. “You’re a big cry baby.” Min teared up. “You’re a bigger cry baby.” Tae cried. “Whiny baby.” Min muttered. “Big head!” Tae shot bock.

“Stinky.”

“Loser.”

“Did you just…call me a loser?” Min said shocked.

Tae nodded.

“You sissy!!” Min spat.

“That’s it.” Lee said sounding irritated, standing up. “It’s time for you two to go to bed.” He said pulling the twins up by their collars dragging them away. “But…But I didn’t get to meet everyone.” Min whined. “Oh well.” Lee said. “I don’t want to go in the dark.” Tae cried.

“You have night light.” Lee reminded. “Yeah but Min broke it.” Tae said. “It was on accident. I thought it was a chew toy.” Min said, at his point all we could hear was their voices. “What are you doing chewing electric stuff?” lee scolded in irritation. “I’m fine though. I didn’t know.” Min defended. “I wish it exploded in your mouth.” Tae grumbled.

“Wow.” Was all Daehyun could say once we couldn’t hear them anymore. “What?” Youngjae asked. “They’re something else.” Daehyun said. “I don’t know…they remind me of you.” Youngjae stated. “What?” Daehyun said sitting straight up.

“They act just like you.” Youngjae said. “Ha! That is so true.” I inputted laughing. Daehyun just looked at me. “I am not going to this. I’m going to my room.” Daehyun said standing up leaving the table. “Alright. Bye you whiny baby.” Youngjae teased.

Daehyun stopped and looked at the younger. “You know what? I think I’m going to stay. Not because you said that, but because the food is really delicious. I can’t let it go to waste, and I know you guys won’t eat all of it.” Daehyun said sitting back down. “Whatever.” Youngjae smirked. “You keep this up and I’ll get you back.” Daehyun warned.

“So…what are they?” I asked Jayde curiously. “Who? Tae and Min?” Jayde said. I nodded. “They’re half werewolf and half vampire.” Jayde simply answered. “Whaat? Is that even possible?” Daehyun said with his mouth stuffed once more. She nodded.

“How?” Yongguk asked curiously. “Their dad is a vampire and their mom is a werewolf.” Jayde explained. “What’s the moon and sun thing that they have on their necklaces?” Himchan asked noticing that they head been wearing them.

Tae is a Day wolf that’s why he has the sun stone, his senses are really good in the day. They both have great senses but Tae’s works better in the day and he’s weaker and more Vulnerable at night. Since he’s a day wolf the sun doesn’t affect his vampire side at all. That’s why he’s terrified of the dark.” Jayde explained.

“Min on the other hand is a Night wolf, his senses are better at night and he’s vulnerable during the day, that’s why he has the crescent moon stone. Since he’s a werewolf he can be in the light, but not for long. Tae is also 3 seconds older than Min.” Jayde finished. “Why do they act like that? Aren’t they at least teens or older than 12 at least.” Daehyun questioned his fingers.

“They’re just like that. They’d be like you if you had their parents.” Jayde said. Daehyun only frowned. “What happened to their parents?” Yongguk asked.

“Well, they really weren’t able to mature because their parents never really paid much attention to them. So they pretty much only had each other. Lee and I have known them since they were really small. Lee grew up with them. Lee is about 4 years older than them. They were so fascinated with us, they never left us alone.” Jayde said shaking her head a little.

“One day their parents completely left them astray when they were four years old. Their parents had teamed up with the dark side and later came back for them when they were about eight years old. But they didn’t join them and so their parents tried to kill them.” Jayde went on. “They tried to what?” Himchan gasped.

“Demon parents, or any other parents within the magical realm are different than human ones. Anyway. They could’ve easily died since they were still small and weak, but Lee and I saved them. And since then stuck with us ever since. Lee was the one who practically took care of them, I didn’t because…I couldn’t. But they still bother me. Sometimes I feel like they’re really trying to mess me up.” She grumbled the last part.

“Oh…wow…that’s really sad.” I said in thought, and I thought I had a bad childhood. But they were neglected and almost killed by their own parents! “Well that’s enough. It’s getting too serious for my liking. So I’m leaving. Night.” She said leaving.

The six of us murmured amongst each other thinking the same thing. “Well you guys, we should get to bed too. We have to get up early.” Yongguk said standing up. “Alright. Night you guys.” Dae said. “Night~.”

I followed Yongguk up to our room, lagging behind a little because I forgot where our room was.

“Are you wondering about Jayde?” I guessed once we finished changing into our night clothes, I had noticed that he had been thinking deeply and that he wasn’t saying much. “Yeah…but I won’t bother her about it. She’ll tell us about what she is when she wants to.” Yongguk said. “She’s not going to tell you guys.” I muttered sitting on the bed.

“Why not?” he asked. “I don’t know. It’s not that she doesn’t want you guys to know. I guess it’s something she doesn’t care to talk about.” I sighed. Yongguk didn’t say anything. He just studied me closely. “What?” I asked. “How do you know all of this?” he questioned. “I…I don’t really know honestly. I felt like I’ve met her before. It’s almost like a Déjà vu. She also told me about herself today.” I said.

Yongguk sat down on the bed getting comfortable. “What did she say?” he asked. “Well, she’s a sphinx>” I started. He made a slight face. “I’ve never heard of that before.” He said. “I know…they’re extremely rare. They’re really powerful. They have every single power in the world!” I said in amazement. Yongguk chuckled a little. “What?” I questioned. “Nothing.” He smiled sweetly, causing me to blush a little.

“And they know everything, but there are some things that they can’t see. So that’s why she says she knows almost everything. Jayde is the youngest and the last person born in her kind. She didn’t say why, but no more of her kind will be born. She was the last one. When a sphinx is born they’re born in a certain time period and that’s there so called ‘home period’ because sphinx can travel to different time periods. This is Jayde’s ‘Home period’. She also told me that once a Sphinx turns 21 years old they can choose what age they want to look like or be forever. So she chose to be 20. But technically she’s 120 years old. She has an older sister who’s 500 years older than her but she chose to be 26.” I shared.

“Wow…that’s a lot and sounds very complicated.” Yongguk said. “…And there’s one more thing.” I said. “What is it?” he asked. “You know when she was talking about Min and Tae’s past? And she talked about how she couldn’t take care of them?” I said. He nodded.

“Well she says she may seem heartless the more you get to know her and seem a little insensitive, but she has to act that way…be that way. Because she can’t let her emotions get to her. If she does…she doesn’t know what she could do…it’s really dangerous.” I said.

“Wow…that’s kind of sad. It must be hard.” Yongguk said. “…And you know what else?” I said whispering a little unsure of whether I should say this or not. “What?” He asked.

“She’s part human…like part normal human. “Um whaat?” “One of her parents were human…her dad. But he died a long time ago. She has a sister and they only have one of the same parent. They had the same mom but different dads.” I explained.

“So it must make it harder for her to contain her emotions.” Bang concluded. I nodded. “She sounds very interesting.” Yongguk said. I nodded again in agreement. Yongguk smiled and laughed a little at me. “Whaaaat?” I asked not understanding what was going on.

“Nothing.” He said again. I just pouted. “Good Night, Junhong.” He said pinching my cheek. “Night Yongguk.” I said getting under the covers and instantly fell asleep.

I slept comfortably that night with Yongguk. I liked being around him, he’s always so warm and nice and…and just Yongguk.