Chapter 29: Control

Born Sinner

-3rd Person POV-

Tae immediately jumped on the first Dark Magic soldier, who was human, ravaging him fiercely like a rag doll. Then he moved onto his next victim, sinking his deadly teeth into the magical creature’s. Min stayed by his side, fighting off the vampires and masked women that tried to sneak up on him and Tae. Min extended his fangs even more, transforming them into his wolf ones, allowing him to tear up his victims as well, tossing them to the side.

Lee lashed all of his anger out on the dark magic members that came at him, but he fought them smartly. A vampire challenged him, swinging his fists. Lee dodged the swings, leaning backwards nearly at a 90 degree angle. Then he flipped backwards, kicking the other vampire in its nose, breaking it. The vampire cursed in pain, holding its hurt nose. Lee swiftly landed on his feet and without warning threw hard hitting punches and kicks at the other vampire, not giving him the chance to think.

Once the vampire was at its weakest point, without a single break in his movement, Lee pulled out a silver dagger and stabbed the vampire in its heart. The vampire turned a pale grey color before withering onto its knees.

Himchan blasted the goblins that ran towards them with his blazing fire, before they could even reach them. Mean time Jongup stood back to back with him, killing off the victims that came close to his sword. “You know there’s a whole bunch of water around you…that you could use.” Himchan pointed out. “I know.” Jongup said. “I gotchu.” He waited a few seconds more before using his advantageous powers.

He did his proper form and a thick strand of water slithered from the rushing waters below them. Jongup sent the whip of water around a group of the DM members and squeezed around them tightly. Then Jongup sent the group high in the air, whipping them over the edge of the cliff. The group cried out, as they fell all the way down the cliff.

An incubus jumped hard on Bang’s back trying to force him off his feet, but the vampire simply stumbled keeping his balance. Without wasting a split second Bang grabbed the Incubus’s tail and yanked it, forcing the creature off of his back. The incubus landed on its feet with ease and hissed at bang, who quickly turned around and hissed back at it. The two clashed into each other, pushing against one another.

The incubus gained the upper hand and bent Yongguk’s arm around, receiving a painful hiss in return. The creature spun Bang around forcing his back to face him. The incus wrapped his tail around Bang’s neck, gripping it tightly. The creature then leaned in to bite him but the vampire head- the Incuse in its nose, and bit his sharp fangs into the creature’s tail. Forcing it to release him. The incubus stumbled backwards at the sharp pain it received in its tail.

Bang stalked towards the creature, but before he could do anything, the creature was suddenly brought into the air and thrown over to the side where Kris swallowed the creature with a shadow and it vanished. Bang stood in confusion, but made eye-contact with Zelo, seeing the younger dust his hands. The elder just smiled at him, before peeling off a goblin that had jumped onto his back.

Kris swiftly fought off his opponents that came at him which ended up being mostly goblins. He was hardly forced to use his powers, he mostly threw blades and tiny, miniature bomb pebbles, which both hit their designated targets. He dodged the arrows that were shot at him. Suddenly the Shadow Seeker found himself being surrounded by much more intimidating creatures, three vampires, four painted faced ladies, and three Incubi. A sly smirk grew across his face. “I was beginning to think this was a target practice rather than an actual battle.” He remarked. The ten creatures just growled fiercely at him. “Don’t want to exchange words? I’m guessing you all don’t want a handshake either. What a shame.” He said.

Kris scanned each of the creatures before speaking again. “So…who’s first?” At that, an incubus ran towards him, however a black circle appeared under him by the time he took his third step, and he fell in the hole within seconds. The hole then disappeared seconds later. “Oops. Watch your step there.” Kris said shaking his head. The painted faced lady then threw gas bombs at him, but Kris was two steps ahead of her. He stole her shadow and used it to absorb the bombs before returning her shadow.

The painted faced lady began coughing extremely hard from the bombs that were absorbed in her shadow. Her skin turned a pale green as she began to tear her hair out. The gas from the bombs were forcing her to go insane. The woman screamed, running in circles and finally jumped off the cliff, screaming hysterically in the process. “Oooh~ that wasn’t pretty.” By the time Kris turned back around remaining eight jumped at him.

The Shadow Seeker’s eyes turned black and he did a quick ‘X’ motion with his hands and spun it around. Within a split second all Dark Magic member’s shadows (with the exception of Aires’s, Minzy’s, Taecyeon’s, and shadows) were collected and merged together. Then Kris sent the black blanket at his eight opponents, wrapping them together into a ball. The ball shrunk into a smaller black ball that dropped in the palm of Kris’s hand and he threw it far away into the sky.

Jasmine screeched at the sight of her shadow missing. Kris just shrugged, smirking at her. She narrowed her eyes accusingly at him. He just simply snapped his fingers, returning everyone’s shadow except for Jasmine’s.

Jayde threw a silver blade into a vampire’s chest, and pulled the sharp weapon back out and punched the creature’s nose in all in one swift movement. She threw a few more swift punches and kicks before snapping the creature’s neck, instantly killing it. Before Jayde could even turn around a painted faced lady threw four knives at her from behind. Jayde easily caught the knives as if it were nothing.

She turned around, burning the sharp weapons into thin dust. The painted lady extended ten more knives, one for each finger, and swiftly jumped towards Jayde swinging her knives precisely. She would’ve easily cut up her opponent…if her opponent wasn’t Jayde.

Jayde stood still, making her body invincible, so the knives went right through her. When Jayde found her timing, she grabbed the painted creature’s wrist, flipping her over only to have the lady land gently on her feet.

Jayde smiled, confusing the Dark Magic member. The Sphinx stomped her foot and flicked her wrist, and the ground opened up under the masked woman, swallowing her up in one gulp. However, a snake woman was right behind the painted one. Jayde knew this (of course) and threw a thin sharp needle at the snake being.

The needle stuck to the snake’s head and turned the being into stone. Jayde walked up to the venomous creature and knocked on the statue’s forehead, causing it to crumble into tiny dust particles.

“Shall we end this?” Kris asked. Jayde nodded in approval. Kris’s eyes turned black as he raised hand slightly, stealing back all of the DM member’s shadows, mixing them together to form a large black hole under everyone. Then the shadows reached out and pulled everyone in except for (Jayde, Lee and the others) dragging them into the ground. Cries were heard from the sinking creatures, due to panic and ultimate terror. Within seconds all of the DM members were into the ground and the black hole vanished. “That was too easy.” Min said, dusting his hands, his irises still red and fangs still out.

“You’re an idiot if you thing that’s it.” Minzy said coldly. Min frowned at the insult. Lee growled at her. “Oopsies, sorry. I guess there was no need for me to say that. You all already know how stupid he and Tae are.” Minzy went on. “Yah!” Lee hissed at her threateningly.

Though the twins didn’t show it, they were hurt on the inside. They’ve been bullied many times before they met Lee and Jayde. It was hard for them to not take their sister’s words personally, since they’ve been called stupid all the time when they were younger.

“I mean, I’m ashamed to know that they’re even my younger brothers. It’s hard to believe that they’re even on this team of great fighters. I didn’t think this was a charity event.” Minzy went on. “You’re their older sister how can you say that?!” Jayde spat angrily. Everyone’s attention went straight to the Sphinx surprised at her sudden reaction.

“Shut up! What do you know about being a sister?” Minzy snapped back boldly. Jayde’s eyes widened, anger built inside her, causing the earth beneath them to. A smirk appeared on the hybrid’s sly lips. Lee caught this and couldn’t control his anger. “Actually, ‘charity event’ isn’t even the right term to use with whatever you were going with that.” Kris said remaining calm. But before Minzy could respond, Lee pounced on her, forcing her onto the ground.

He was on top of her, yanking her hair. “Who the do you think you are?!” He screamed. “Ah!!” Minzy cried out in pure agony, feeling parts of her hair being torn out. Jayde raised her hand, getting ready to control Lee and get him off of Minzy, but an arrow was shot at her bicep. “What the?” She said confused, pulling the arrow out painlessly.

But before any questions could be asked a new group of Dark Magic fighters flooded towards them. This time, mages and werewolves were included in the mix. The others had no time to wrap their mind around the whole situation before the warriors attacked them.

“Lee!” Min cried, trying to push through the crowd. Tae struggled to keep up, for it was getting late and his powers were weakening. Aires and Taecyeon yanked Lee off of Minzy with much struggle and tossed him to the ground, only to have him land firmly on his feet. “You.” Lee said coldly, his eyes piercing into Jasmine’s soul.

Jasmine straightened up staying her ground. “Looks like our job is done here.” Aires said gladly, looking around at the now disorganized fighting. “I’ll see you later brother…that’s if you’re alive after this…which I doubt.” Aires chuckled.

“Let’s go Taecyeon.” Aires said. “Yah!” Lee shouted running towards them. But it was too late. Taecyeon threw a small orange pebble to the ground. It exploded light green dust and the four were gone. Once the gas was completely gone Lee was met with a Minotaur charging at him, confusing the mess out of the vampire. “The ?” lee jumped and the mystical creature ran right passed him quickly spun back around on its heels.

Tae was struggling to fight off the fresh new enemies. The sun was almost out of sight at this point. Another werewolf pounced on the poor twin. Tae was unable to keep his balance and slid across the ground. “Tae!” Min cried, pushing a snake woman off of him.

However, on his way towards his brother’s rescue a vampire jumped on him, sliding them both on to the ground, the vampire on top of Min. “Get off me!” Min cried, choking the vampire, flipping her over. A different werewolf pounced on Min before he could even think about getting up. Tae whimpered in pain as he struggled to regain the little strength he had.

Kris noticed this and called for Jongup, “Jongup! Go help Tae.”

Jongup was hesitant and looked over at Himchan. “I got it.” Himchan assured him. Jongup nodded and rushed over towards the curt hybrid, killing the Dark Magic members on his way.

Jongup took a dagger and swiftly stabbed the werewolf that was attacking Tae and cracked its neck while it was distracted. “He needs to get somewhere, where there’s enough time for him to change.” Min said as his eyes turned a pale gold as he began to transform into his werewolf form. Jongup nodded and helped Tae slowly to his feet, it was a long process, as the enemies kept coming to attack them.

The fighting became more rigid as it was nearly a hundred against eleven. The eleven membered group was slowly beginning to wear out as time went by. For there was something that was helping the Dark Magic fighters get stronger and renew their energy. Something that was already close and getting closer.

Youngjae noticed something strange with Daehyun as he began to pant. “Dae…are you okay?” The mage asked. “Y-Yeah, I’m fine. It’s…it’s just my head…I feel…I feel we…JAE!!” Daehyun quickly pulled the young mage into him, away from an armed human and swiftly fought back with Jae in his arms.

“Sorry.” Jae blushed quietly, once the human finished fighting. “It’s fine…” Daehyun breathed weakly. He was worn out. “Dae?” Youngjae said concerned again. “As long as you’re okay and safe…it’s oh…kay.” Daehyun’s body went limp and he collapsed onto the floor. “Daehyun!” Youngjae screamed.

Bang heard Youngjae scream Daehyun’s name, but before he could do anything Jayde immediately stopped him. “Yongguk don’t.” Jayde said. The vampire looked at her. “Lee go help them out!” Jayde called.

Lee had just successfully killed the Minotaur but with much of a fight. Lee looked at her reluctantly but nodded. “No, I’ll go.” Yongguk demanded heading straight towards Jae and Dae before Lee could even make a move. “Bang!” Jayde yelled but the new blood ignored her.

Zelo looked back and forth at Lee and Jayde with a wary look on his face. Lee narrowed his eyes at Bang and growled, heading towards Youngjae and Daehyun as well.

Youngjae struggled to fight off the Dark Magic members while at the same time trying to see what was wrong with Daehyun. “Dae.” Yongguk nearly gasped when he arrived. “Thank goodness you’re here Bang. Can you cover me while I see what’s going on with Daehyun and try to somehow heal him or something?” Youngjae said, forcing three vampires over the edge of the cliff with a force spell. Youngjae received no response.

“Did you not…” Youngjae turned around to see that Bang and Daehyun were gone. “Where did he…” But before he could conclude anything else an incubus jumped on top of him.

Lee spun around on his heels and pounced on the young vampire, tackling him to the ground, knocking Daehyun out of Bang’s arms. “What the heck?!” Yongguk hissed, baring his fangs at Lee, whom was on top of you. “Why didn’t you listen to Jayde?!” Lee hissed back. “Now isn’t the time for questioning. I know what I’m doing.” Bang hissed. “Now isn’t the time for rebels.” Lee growled.

“What the heck is wrong with you?! How are you going to leave Youngjae by himself? He needs help!” Zelo screamed at Bang. The new born sighed. “Jae is not of my concern right now.” He said. Lee raised an eyebrow at this. Zelo on the other hand was now outraged.

Lee slowly got off of the new born, allowing him to move freely. Bang carefully scooped Daehyun up and looked at Zelo. “Don’t expect me to come with you.” Zelo said coldly before running off to help Youngjae. “Maybe Jasmine isn’t the only traitor.” Le breathed icily before turning around to follow Zelo.

Jayde was beginning to lose her control over her powers as they began to backfire whenever she went for a counterattack. “Are you okay?” Kris asked concerned. “Do you want the honest truth?” She said switching to defense. “I’m just going to stop using my powers.” Jayde said taking out two slim, dual swords. “I got your back.” Kris said firmly. Jayde smiled warily.

“Where’s Bang with Daehyun?” Youngjae asked when Lee and Zelo got the incubus off of him. “Don’t worry about him anymore. He’s no longer your friend.” Lee said. Youngjae looked confused. “What is he talking about?” Youngjae asked Zelo whose eyes were watery. “He abandoned you and just took Daehyun with him.” Lee said, being the honest guy he is.

Youngjae couldn’t believe his ears. He looked at Zelo for confirmation since he knew Bang very well. Bu the maknae avoided his gaze, and fought away the goblins and humans that attacked him, feeling conflicted and hurt himself. His form was sloppy and he couldn’t even think straight as he was filled with strong emotions of anger, betrayal, sadness, and pity.

At first Himchan was doing fine by himself, warring the attackers away from him while killing them in the process. But some of his opponents were smarter than the others and almost got to him. A pureblood came into the scene and got smart. She ordered a few of the DM members to back away and let her deal with him.

Once there was enough space she ran in circles around him at a high, fast speed, and continued to only run faster and faster. Himchan’s intake of Oxygen decreased at a severe pace. Himchan began wheezing as his stance weakened.

Jongup was finally able to help Tae firmly onto his feet and walk him to a clear are. He had used most of his energy pushing away those that tried to attack him, however, there really wasn’t much that he could do.

Himchan fell to his knees, gasping. His vision was getting hazy and it became impossible for him to use his powers. Jongup looked over his shoulders just to check on the elder, and what he saw made his eyes widen. “Himchan!” he called, immediately leaving Tae’s side to the said person’s rescue. Tae stumbled on his feet, trying to hold his own weight, having already been weakened and beaten up.

Jongup stood frozen, watching the pureblood run in circles, waiting for the right time. It wasn’t until a few seconds later when the timing came. Jongup did his form quickly dumping water on the pureblood and froze her in a life-size ice cube. Then he quickly ran to Himchan’s care.

The younger propped Himchan’s head on the ground. Himchan coughed hard still trying to take in oxygen wildly. “Shhh…” Jongup said gently, worry lingering in his tone. “Just relax…please…I’ll take care of you.”

Tae desperately quickened his pace only to lose his balance and toppled onto the ground. He whimpered in pain and sadness. He was hurt that Jongup ditched him so easily, but he understood that there must’ve been an emergency. Suddenly Tae was rammed by another werewolf, forcing him to howl in pure agony.

Lee and Min’s ears caught the sound and their attention went straight to the source. Min’s eyes widened as he rushed to his brother’s care. Lee cracked the human’s neck that he was fighting, tossing the being to the side, before turning around angrily. “Where the is Jongup?” he growled scanning the scene his eyes instantly locking on the said person, who was now fighting by Himchan’s side again.

“He did not just leave Tae alone like that.” The vampire was furious now. He looked at Jae and Zelo. “I’m leaving since they want to change things. You two are on your own.” Lee said firmly. The other two nodded in understanding. And with that the fierce vampire jumped away towards the twins. However, the vampire didn’t make it in time, for he was stopped by a group of evil creatures. “.” He cursed.

“Bang! Help Min get Tae to a safe place!” Kris called to the new born. The said vampire stopped in his tracks and looked at the Shadow seeker. “What are you doing?!” Kris shouted to him speaking over the noise. Yongguk didn’t respond and ran to help Himchan and Jongup. “Bang!” Kris yelled. But he didn’t respond.

Jayde scanned the area to see that everyone was separated and not working together as one. “Min go help Zelo and Youngjae. Himchan go help Lee. Bang and Jongup get Tae somewhere safe. Kris take Daehyun away from here and get him conscious again.” Jayde ordered taking charge.

However, nobody listened and continued what they were doing, except for Kris, whom made his way towards Yongguk to take Daehyun.

“Hey…give Daehyun to me.” Kris said seeing that Bang didn’t hand the human over. “No. I got him.” Yongguk insisted. Kris was a little surprised. “Yah! I know all of you heard me!” Jayde yelled. No one responded except for Lee, “I’m fine. I don’t need any puny firebender’s help. I need someone to get Tae.” Lee spoke coldly, referring to Guk and Jongup who were ordered to get the young hybrid. “I’m not leaving Himchan’s side.” Jongup hissed, more towards Lee.

“Min…please help Zelo and Jae.” Jayde sighed stressfully, almost sounding desperate. “No! I’m not gonna leave Tae if no one is going to help him!” Min cried. At that moment disaster was brought upon them. Min was knocked over the side of the cliff.

He quickly grabbed the edge with one hand, just barely making it. “Min!” Lee yelled. But before the vampire could come to his rescue he was immediately grabbed and slammed to the ground.

“Someone help Min!” Lee screamed. But Kris and Zelo were tied down from distraction and were now fighting for their life to be set free.

Youngjae ran and grabbed Min’s hand and tried to pull him up, but only ended up sliding forward towards the edge. It was impossible for him to pull Min over. “Someone get Tae.” Kris said with much struggle. Yongguk, while distracted, was snatched by an Incubus, forcing him to drop Daehyun. “Get Dae!” Bang ordered fighting the stronger creature.

Himchan ran towards Daehyun, Jongup following behind him. “You idiots! One of you get Tae!” Lee screeched. “Who are you calling an idiot?!” Himchan snapped back, feeling the tension. And the two began arguing back and forth.

Jayde felt her head spin as everything began to crumble. ‘I can save them.’ Jayde thought to herself, but she knew her powers weren’t acting right and she may possibly kill them instead. Suddenly a human pierced Tae with a pearl white dagger. Tae screamed in raw agony as he was forcefully transformed back into his vampire state. Jayde’s eyes snapped to a pure black color.

The human quickly pulled out a silver knife to stab Tae in the heart with. Jayde immediately teleported to the human’s side and disintegrated him into dust with a green beam from her hand. Then she grabbed Tae and tossed him all the way to an open space.

“Aah!” Youngjae screamed as he was pushed over the edge. Jayde’s eyes switched to a deep blue as she used her telekinesis to catch Min and Jae and throw them into the same empty space that she put Tae in. Then she used her telekinesis to move Zelo from getting stabbed by a sword and tossed him and Yongguk into the open space with the others.

Next she dragged Lee with her power to the same open space. “Jayde!” Kris called.

But she was one step ahead of him and ducked, causing the werewolf that was charging at her, to jump over her and crash into a group of other DM members. Jayde’s eyes turned yellow as she snapped her fingers and Daehyun, Himchan, and Jongup were all teleported to the open space with everyone else. Suddenly Jayde was knocked off her feet, skidding across the hard dirt ground, towards the edge of the cliff.

The others gasped. “What the?” Jayde growled, shaking her head. She felt like she was having whiplash…but no one is strong enough to even do that. Jayde’s irises changed different colors, her powers going crazy from the hit. “Who…” Jayde stopped in the middle of her sentence as she raised her head up.

In front of her stood a woman dressed in white leather pants and a white crop top. Her thick, long wavy hair danced down over her shoulders and the pupils of her eyes sparkled a shiny gold that shimmered against the now setting sunlight. Jayde knew who this person was. This person was royalty and she knew it, it was all in her stance and posture.

Jayde stood on her feet firmly, her irises turning a deep maroon red. “Karina.” She growled under her breath at the 502 year old. “Jayde…what a pleasure to see you huh? But it’s not like you didn’t expect to see me, right?” She said. “What are you doing here?” Jayde questioned coldly.

“What? You really don’t know?” Karina started laughing, finding the whole situation quite amusing. Everyone stared at her strangely. The elder Sphinx rolled her eyes in annoyance. “I am the mastermind behind all this.” She said, flashing her white pearly teeth.

Jayde narrowed her eyes at her elder sister. How? How is that possible? You’re nature…you…how?” Jayde couldn’t find her words, she was too shocked and full of anger. The ground beneath them began to tremble. Karina just shrugged. “I guess I really do get what I want.” She smirked. The waters became rougher, slashing against the rock of the earth, the sea-level rising.

“It was pretty easy. You’re just the only stupid road block in the way.” Karina said shooting lightening at the younger without warning. Jayde swiftly jumped out of the way. “Are you serious right now?!” Jayde screeched. A familiar feeling was growing inside her, a feeling that she had felt many years back when she was younger. It was an unpleasant feeling.

Karina snapped her fingers and vines wrapped around Jayde’s legs, pulling her in opposite directions. Jayde tried to burn the vines off, but instead the vines grew rapidly. Her eyes widened. No, not now. She thought to herself. Karina raised a slightly amused eyebrow.

Jayde pulled out a knife and cut the vines off her and jumped at Karina, throwing blades at her. Karina easily dodged them, burning the last two with white-like fire. Jayde switched to combat.

She did a side kick, only to have her elder sister catch hard landed hard on her feet, feeling a mixture of terrible emotions.

The others watched, always on their toes. Jayde kept getting weaker every time she went into an attack. “We need to help her.” Zelo was the first to speak up. “What we?” Lee hiss back, immediately causing the younger to back down. “We’d only make it worse for her. We can’t take Karina on. If someone else tries to attack, then we can help.” Lee said.

Karina, bored, kicked Jayde hard in the stomach, forcing her to stumble backwards but managed not to fall off her feet. Karina stalked towards her, grabbed her arm about to flip her over her back. But Jayde was able to reverse the move and jumped off Karina’s back, landing gently on her feet.

Karina swiftly turned around and threw a few punches and kicks of her own in which Jayde was able to dodge. Barely.

“Why don’t you use your powers little sister?” Karina teased. Jayde stole a bow and arrow from a dead goblin and shot arrows at her. Karina was able to dodge a few, but only one stuck her bicep.

“I think that’s enough.” Karina said angrily, picking the arrow out of her arm. Jayde threw more blades at the elder, but Karina reversed the blades back towards her.

Jayde bent backwards, flipping onto her hands and pulled out a knife but it instantly melted in her hands. Then she flipped on her feet and reached for her sword. However, it was gone. She looked at Karina whom now had the sword in her hand.

“Just give it up. You have to use your powers.” Karina taunted. Jayde growled and stole two pearl daggers from one of the dead humans. “You know playing with sharp objects is dangerous. I’m only trying to help.” Karina said pulling out her own dagger and swiftly threw it towards the others.

The special dagger split into three separate daggers and sped straight at Zelo. Jayde’s eyes widened.

Zelo attempted to get out the way but vines wrapped around both his ankles tightly, preventing him from moving. Jayde attempted to force the knives to a stop with her powers but they only sped up faster and changed towards Bang’s direction.

Karina smirked in satisfaction. Jayde tried many things with her powers to stop the deadly weapons but only made the situation worse.

“Y-yah!!” Jayde screamed in frustration using all her strength to force the knives with her powers. The knives finally fell right in front of Bang’s face, only one knife barely poked the new born’s nose. Karina frowned.

Jayde stood up firmly, feeling more confident. She s a lethal glare at the other Sphinx as the wind began to blow harder. “You’re here for me. So don’t bring anyone else into this.” Jayde hissed.

Karina yawned patting gently in the process. “You can’t keep me from doing that. I can do whatever. She said indifferently. “Yes I can! As long as I’m alive, that’s one thing you can’t do. You can’t take my friends away.” Jayde burst angrily.

Karina raised an eyebrow, rubbing her chin in thought, taking into account what the younger had said. “You’re right.” She said. “Guess we’ll have to fix that little problem.” And before anything could be done Karina snapped her fingers and lightning struck Jayde. “Aaaaahh!!” The younger Sphinx cried.

“Jayde!” Kris screamed, running towards the scene only to bump into what seemed to be an invisible wall. “What? Jayde!!” Kris called desperately. “A force field?” Jae whispered in shock. “She’s protecting us.” He murmured.

“No! Jayde!” Kris cried desperately banging on the invisible force-field. He watched in terror as Jayde stumbled backwards. A man in black trench coat appeared from the ground behind her and choked her. Jayde gagged, her eye color fading. The sphinx struggled for a small knife and stabbed the man in the stomach, forcing him to release his grip. Jayde stumbled forward towards Karina whom simply stepped out of the way, causing Jayde to stumble near the edge of the cliff. But she was able to catch herself.

“Jayde! Let me help you!” Kris begged, banging on the protective barrier. Kris’s eyes suddenly widened when he saw the build-up of what was going on. “Jayde!! Watch out!!” He screamed at the top of his lungs. Jayde turned around and instantly a silver sword cut into her chest, through her heart. Jayde gasped looking at her sister in the eye, who was on the other end of the weapon.

Karina let out a sly smirk which slowly molded into an evil frown. She yanked the sword out of her. Jayde’s body went limp and toppled backwards, slipping off the sharp edge of the cliff. She glided head first into the rushing waters, into which she vanished.

Kris’s hands trembled against the force field in shock. His eyes teared up as he felt something in his heart snap and go missing. The others stood in shock, unsure about what they had just witnessed. A loud sound rang in their ears as the force field began to melt down, and seconds later everything went black.

 

 

A/N: I'm sorry if the fight scene was lame or cringy, I'm still working on it. Lol so I apologize.