Chapter 16: Baby Don't Cry

Born Sinner

-Kris POV-

The twelve of us walked through a long clutter of trees and bushes before arriving at the town. “Whoaaa~.” Min said in awe as we walked through the town.

It was empty, completely abandoned. The place was gray and gloomy. Wind howled through the empty homes and the ground was made completely of gravel and sand that blew over. The sky seemed to darken, making the scene even gloomier. “This place gives me the creeps.” Tae shivered hugging Min’s arm. We walked silently throughout the town searching through different buildings snatching up extra/useful supplies and weapons.

“There’s absolutely no one here.” Jasmine said looking around. “This town is the very first town to be attacked by the DM.” Jayde said running her fingers along a wall of a building. I picked up a navy blue bouncy ball that some little boy must’ve used to play with when he was alive.

I dropped it and tried to kick it but when my foot made contact with it, it immediately flattened out. I noticed Zelo look at me sadly. All I could do was sigh, the place was so depressing. “What happened to everyone?” Jongup asked.

“…Some turned to join the DM while others were taken as prisoners, and the rest of them were killed.” Jayde said picking up a sown doll that must’ve belonged to a little girl. “No one escaped?” Jongup remarked. “No. No one escaped.” Jayde said staring at the doll in her hand, she was talking more to herself.

“Do you think the DM are still lingering around here?” Himchan asked openly. “No, they’re long gone. They have nothing more to gain from this place.” Lee answered. “Oh~, this is so sad.” Jasmine frowned. Just then there was a sudden oink sound. “Did you hear that?” Daehyun asked. Everyone froze. “Oink, Oink.” We heard it again. “Where is it coming from?” jasmine questioned.

“Oink. Oink.” Two pigs revealed themselves in the open. “Pigs?” jasmine said confused. “Piggies!!” The twins cheered in unison. “Bacon!” Daehyun cheered pulling out a random for and knife. Tae and Min extended their fangs.

Daehyun started running towards the two pigs but didn’t make it. Tae and Min zipped right past the human at vampiric speed and pounced on the pigs, the poor animal’s blood and eating the flesh for last. Jasmine and Himchan covered their eyes.

“Mm~.” Tae smiled rubbing his tummy in satisfaction. “That was delicious. Min said looking his lips. “Stupid blood ….super speed…” Daehyun grumbled to himself upset walking away in defeat. “Oh! Did you want some too? I’m…I’m sorry.” Tae apologized sincerely, looking sad. Min’s ears perked up. “Do you hear that?” Min asked.

“Hear what? More piggies?” Tae asked innocently. “No, listen.” Min said. We were all silent and listened carefully. “It sounds like humming.” Youngjae said. “…like a little girl.” I added. “Let’s go check it out!” Tae said running off towards the faint sound. “Tae~ wait!” Min jumped following his brother. The rest of us followed behind the twins.

The humming stopped when we arrived at a large fancy home. “Is…someone in there?” Himchan asked hesitantly. “I don’t know. We should ask!” Tae said slowly walking up to the doorstep. “Helloooo~?” he called. There was no response. “Hellooo, is anyone home?” Tae called again. Still no response. This time Tae knocked on the door. “We heard someone humming. It’s okay, we’re not going to hurt you. Please let us in.” Tae spoke innocently.

“Maybe it was just the wind.” I said. Just…maybe.” I stared at the house curiously. “Hm, all of the other doors of the homes were all open. But this one is closed.” Youngjae pointed out suspiciously. “You have a point.” Jasmine nodded. “Good observation buddy.” I said patting the mage’s back. “Tae~ no one is home. Let’s just go.” Min said tugging his older brother’s arm pulling him away from the door. “B-But…” Tae began but was suddenly cut off by a loud creaking sound.

The double doors slowly opened all the way. We heard a little girl singing. “Lalala…Lalala…lala.” Min froze, he was scared. Tae slipped out of his grip and quickly ran into the house, the rest of us followed, hesitantly.

The inside was hallow and spacious. The furniture was torn but everything was in its place. Everything seemed so old and…and dead.

A cold breeze filled the large home. “This place seems creepy.” Jasmine shivered hugging herself. “It’s…It’s dark.” Tae whimpered. He was right it was dim and the only light came from the windows that allowed sunlight to stream through. The singing suddenly stopped and the front double doors creaked closed behind us.

Tae jumped back, hugging Min’s arm. Jasmine yelped a little. Zelo hid behind Jayde holding onto her sleeve. Himchan and lee tried to open the front doors but they wouldn’t budge. “Maybe, there’s a key somewhere.” Zelo suggested quietly. We walked slowly throughout the house.

I looked at the pictures on the wall, all of the faces of the people in the pictures were torn out except for one girl. One little girl. All of the doors of the rooms on the bottom floor were closed except for one. “Hey, you guys check this out.” I said entering the room. The others slowly followed.

The room was extremely large and had brown marble flooring. “A ballroom?” Daehyun questioned. There was a large painting on the opposite wall of a little girl, the same little girl in the other pictures whose face wasn’t torn out.

“Who is this girl? She’s everywhere.” Min said. “Her name is…Susie.” Zelo said a little surprised at how he knew. “She…she was the very first person to be killed by someone from the DM…and a year later the town was attacked.” Jayde said studying the picture reading its past. Suddenly music started to play. Fancy, ballroom music, and a man started walking towards us.

He was dressed in a suit with a tailcoat. “Who is that? I thought no one was here.” Himchan whispered. “He’s a storyteller.” Lee whispered back. “A storyteller?” Himchan repeated. “Shhh…listen.” Lee hushed. I looked over at Jayde and Zelo who froze.

“Somebody killed little Susie. The girl with the tune, who sings in the daytime at noon.” The strange man began to sing. I was a little thrown off but the music and his voice and eyes were mesmerizing. “She was there screaming beating her voice in her doom. But nobody came to her soon…A fall down the stairs her dress torn. Oh, the blood in her hair. A mystery so sullen in air.” Jayde and Zelo looked around confused but a little frightened.

Zelo held onto Jayde’s arm tightly. Were they seeing something? “She lie there so tenderly. Fashioned so slenderly, lift her with care, oh the blood in her hair…” I felt something brush against me. But when I looked I saw nothing. “Everyone came to see the girl that is now dead. So blind stare the eyes in her head, and suddenly a voice from the crowd said ‘This girl lived in vain. Her face bear such agony, such strain...’ but only the man from next door knew little Susie and how he cried as he reached down to close Susie’s eyes…” Zelo buried his face into Jayde’s arm shaking his head. A tear streamed down his cheek.

I couldn’t understand what was going on. The singing man looked me deeply in the eyes. “She lie there so tenderly, fashioned so slenderly, lift her with care. Oh, the blood in her hair.” He broke our eye contact and looked amongst us. Jayde was shaking as he glanced at her. “For her singing the tune. For someone to feel her despair. To be damned to know hoping is dead and you’re doomed. Then to scream out and nobody’s there…” I felt something rub my arm gently, but yet no one was there. I watched the strange man. “…She knew no one cared…” The man looked at me with sad eyes then looked amongst us again.

“Father left home, poor mother died. Leaving Susie alone. Grandfather’s soul too had flown, no one to care. Just to love her. How much can one bear. Rejecting the needs of her prayers. Neglection can kill like a knife in your soul. Oh it will. Little Susie fought so hard to live…”

I looked at the far painting, studying it, and noticed the pain in the little girl’s eyes. “She lie there so tenderly. Fashioned so slenderly. Lift her with care. So young and so fair.” The man stopped singing and the music slowly faded. Suddenly there was a loud, terrifying scream snapping everyone out of the trans. The storyteller’s eyes widened. Jayde was suddenly turned into a small black kitten.

The building suddenly started shaking and the painting fell to the ground. “You must go!” The man called. The building was shaking so much that it was hard to keep our balance. I quickly picked the small kitten up, so that she wouldn’t get stepped on. “Out here.” Jongup said leading the way. Statues fell off their stands, pictures crashed to the ground as we mazed through the large home looking for a way out.

“Wh-What’s going on?” Tae questioned once we made it outside. But no one had time to answer. A lightning bolt struck the ground. We were split up in groups.

I looked and saw that it was just Zelo and I. Zelo groaned standing up. I looked around. “Where’s Jayde?’ I asked. That was when I heard meowing, I grabbed Zelo’s wrist pulling him with me and followed the sound.

I turned the corner to see the small baby kitten whimpering. “Jayde.” I breathed picking her up. She looked at me with large frightened eyes. “Everything is going to be okay.” I promised her. She looked up and hissed violently.

I looked up behind me to be met with an explosion causing a large home to tumble down our way. However, it didn’t land on us, none of the debris hit any of us. “Zelo?” I said seeing that he was keeping the debris from falling on us with his powers. “Come on.” He struggled with urgency pushing me ahead. I quickly caught on and ran forward with Zelo, the debris then fell behind us.

“We’re almost there.” I said seeing the far hill that led to our original trail. “We just need to…” “Um…Kris.” Zelo said tapping my shoulder. “What is it?” I asked turning around, my eyes widened. “.” I muttered, seeing the earth open up behind us, everything in. “I don’t suppose you have anything up your sleeve to stop that.” I said with very little hope. He shook his head. “Not if I freeze time.” He said. “That won’t do.” I said looking at the hill then back at the hungry mouth of the Earth. “You ready to run?” I asked him. He looked back at the large hole of the earth then back at me and nodded.

We started running again, this time for our lives. Everything seemed to be going pretty well for us, we only had to doge random small explosions that were close but we had enough time to react quickly and fast enough. “You okay there?” I asked Zelo. However, there was no response.

“Zelo?” I repeated. I glanced back and saw that he was gone. I stopped running and looked around quickly for him. “Zelo!” I called. Just then I spotted him. He was bent down trying to get something off him. “Zelo!!” I called out to him. He looked up at me his eyes frantic. I looked to see that there were vines spouting from the ground wrapping around each of his legs. “Th-They won’t come off. They’re too strong.” Zelo said. The ground was opening even wider getting closer to him. “I’ll come help you.” I ran back towards him, but about half way there I got stuck.

I tried to move forward again but nothing happened. “What the?” I said looking down. I was slowly sinking into the earth, like quick sand. “You so gotta be kidding me.” I muttered. The kitten whined a little. I looked around to see if there was any means of escape….but found nothing. Great.

The mouth of the Earth opened getting very close to Zelo who was still struggling. He tried to break through but the vines kept dragging him backwards. The poor kid ended up falling to the ground. He tried to grip on to the gravel but it was no use.

Just then something furry came rushing by. I narrowed my eyes to see who it was. It was Tae! The wolf!

He ran to Zelo and ripped the vines off of him with his sharp teeth and helped him up. Then Lee came. He ran backwards then came running straight towards me at normal speed. I rest the kitten on my shoulder. “Hold on tight.” I told her.

Once he got close enough he flipped backwards and grabbed my arms in the process and pulled me up, perfectly landing on his feet.

“Thanks.” I thanked him once I got to my own feet. Tae and Zelo quickly caught up to us. “The large hole is following us.” Tae said nervously.

He was right, it was getting close, were going to barely make it. “We’re not going to make it running at this speed.” Lee said. “Zelo-ah, hop on my back.” Tae quickly said catching on. “A-Are you sure?” Zelo asked a little surprised at the sudden request. “Yes.” Tae nodded in a rush. “Um, okay.” Zelo said unsure. He climbed onto Tae’s back locking his arms around Tae’s neck. Tae’s irises turned red.

“Your turn.” Lee told me. I didn’t argue since we were running out of time, even though Shadow Seekers are fast too, maybe even faster than vampires. I crawled onto the vampire’s back and locked my arms around his neck. Jayde clung onto my shoulder tightly.

“Tae you go first.” Lee ordered his irises red as well. Tae obeyed and ran at vampiric speed. Once the two were far ahead of us Lee started running as well. We making good progress, we were almost there. I looked back to see the opening widen even faster at a rapid speed, it was as if it were chasing us!

A sudden huge explosion went off right at our tail. The force of the explosion caused Lee and I to separate. I caught Jayde holding onto her tightly as we hit the ground. Zelo and Tae had already made it to the hill safely.

The crash landing was painful, but I managed to get back on my feet. “Lee!!” Tae cried. I looked around searching for the said vampire and saw him rolling on the ground in pain. I stumbled over to his care.

“Lee…come on…Are you alright?” I coughed through the thick smoke from the explosion. Lee didn’t respond, instead he groaned in pain. I bent down and saw scratch marks all over his face and arms. They’re supposed to be healing by now. Why aren’t they healing? I turned the vampire slightly revealing his burnt back. My eyes slightly widened, this wasn’t good…vampires and fire don’t go well together.

The opening was right on our tracks now. “C’mon lee.” I said lifting him up. I hung his arm around my shoulders and used my shadow speed to carry us the rest of the way. We just barely made it.

Zelo and Tae helped us up the hill. I glanced back at the town that was now covered in lava, I could still hear the storyteller’s voice in my head. “She lie there so tenderly. Fashioned so slenderly. Lift her with care. So young and so fair.” What the heck does that mean?

“Kris-hyung.” Someone tapped my shoulder lightly snapping me back to reality. I blinked a couple of times turning around to see Tae holding Jayde in his arms, petting her gently. Wait, when did he have her? “Yeah?” I said. “Lee and Zelo are heading back to the trail to meet the others.” He informed “Oh yeah, we should get going too.” I said.

The two of us walked over to where the others were. “Everyone here?” Jasmine asked once we arrived. I scanned the area. “Yeah, looks like it.” I said leaning against the tree. “Lee! What happened to you?” Min gasped seeing the pained vampire being sat down with assistance. Lee was in too much pain to answer. “There was an explosion that came right behind us and he must’ve been burned.” I explained. Min could only gasp in fear. “Lee~.” He said weakly.

“What do we do now? I don’t know any spells that can heal a burnt wound on a vampire.” Jasmine said. “Do you know any?” She asked Youngjae hopefully. Unfortunately he shook his head. “I can heal him…with my powers.” Zelo spoke up.

No one argued against it and so he walked over to the badly wounded vampire. “Can you sit up?” Dr. Zelo asked his patient. The vampire tried to sit up but looked terribly pained. “Don’t force yourself. You can lay down, but just don’t fall asleep or close your eyes. You can only close your eyes if you’re in pain because I don’t want you to…” Zelo didn’t dare finish his sentence. Lee got the hint and laid on his stomach. Zelo’s eyes widened at the wound but remained focus.

“Wait. How come you weren’t burned?” Jasmine asked me. “Because, I’m a Shadow Seeker the heat waves went right through me.” I simply said. “So you can’t ever be burned?” Jongup questioned interested. No. I can be burned. But I guess my body went defensive on its own, that time. I can be burned, but I guess it’s not really likely.” I said actually thinking about it. “That’s cool.” Jongup said in thought. “Why? Were you thing about it?” I teased. “No, just wondering. Himchan is the one with the magic fire.” Jongup said.

“Oh yeah~, you’re the one with water.” I said remembering. “You guys were in your little tent for so long that I got mixed up.” I teased. Himchan’s face turned a little red. “Were we really there for that long?” He asked quietly. Jongup smirked and wrapped his arm around his waist and pulled the elder into him. “Jongup~.” Himchan barely scolded pressing his hand against the younger’s chest unable to look him in the eye.

“Of course we were.” Jongup said pecking a kiss on the elder’s cheek. Himchan’s face turned a bright red. “So what are we going to do now? Should we keep going? Or camp here for the night?” jasmine asked getting back to business.

“Hmm, I don’t know.” Daehyun said thinking about it. “Maybe we should stay so that everyone can recover. I suggested. “But then again Jayde wanted us to stay far ahead of the DM and take small steps.” Youngjae spoke up. “That’s true.” I said. “This is so complicated.” Min cried lying flat on his back on the ground.

“Lee what do you think?” Jasmine asked. “What makes you think I know what to do?” Lee clenched his teeth in pain. “Sorry.” Zelo quickly apologized. “Because you’re the war expert. You’re part of the Council of 5 remember?” jasmine said. “Well…I’m in too much pain to think…figure it out yourselves.” Lee said waving her off.

Jasmine rolled her eyes in annoyance but couldn’t argue back. “Maybe resting will be better, because if we continue on and we bump into any of the DM then we’d be useless and too worn out.” Himchan said able to speak again. “That’s a good point.” Daehyun nodded. “Mm hm, I agree.” I said. “Alright so everyone up to staying the night?” Jasmine asked. Everyone nodded. “So stay the night it is!” Jasmine clapped.

We didn’t set up camp since we’d only be staying for one night, so we just took out our sleeping bags and set up a fire.

“That man was creepy.” Min said during the campfire. Tae nodded in agreement. “He scares me. Especially the way he was talking about the girl…named Little Susie.” He shivered. “Yeah, what was that all about?” Jasmine said. “Maybe, maybe it was a warning.” Himchan suggested. We looked at him.

“Jayde had said that unity is what’ll give us a chance to win the war. So, maybe it was a warning.” Himchan began. “he said that little Susie was killed by someone, and then he later on talks about how the girl bared so much agony, and she sang her tune for people to feel her despair. Her parents neglected her….and then she…and then she was harmed. And as she was screaming for help no one came.” He explained.

“There was a line that said ‘Neglection can kill like a knife in your soul.’” Himchan repeated. “So that must mean that we shouldn’t neglect one another, not just ourselves but those around us too…even if they’re different than us. Status, creature, whatever…doesn’t matter.” He concluded. I nodded in thought agreeing with his explanation. “Oh, Channie! You’re so smart.” Jongup said. Himchan blushed a little.

“Why do you keep doing that?” Himchan asked a little embarrassed. “Doing what?” Jongup asked innocently. “Embarrass me.” Himchan said quietly. “You keep making me blush.” He frowned. “Because…” Jongup scooted closer to the elder. “…I think…” He leaned into his ear. “…that you’re y when your cheeks turn pink. That color suites you very well.” Jongup spoke low.

Himchan’s face turned bright red and he quickly shoved the younger away. “Well, I don’t think neglection will be a problem. I just think some of us are too united.” Lee remarked, Zelo was still healing his burns. I noticed Zelo shiver a bit at the talk of the man singing.

“Zelo-ah.” I said. “Wha-oh. Yes?” he said caught off guard. “Back at the mansion, what was going on with you and Jayde back there?” I questioned. Zelo’s eyes widened, but he looked down a little scared. “You guys didn’t see it?” he said quietly.

“See what Junhong?” Himchan asked concerned. “There were people. People dancing all around us, like it was as if we were at a…a ball. Everyone was happy and all, but with the man singing and the music it was creepy and almost scary…and then…” Zelo shivered a bit, “…and then we saw her…little Susie. She was in the corner all alone hugging her knees.” Zelo shook his head.

Youngjae reached over and patted the younger’s back calming him down a bit. “…and then the scene changed to when she was killed…it was all so sad and-and scary. It was hard to maintain our emotions. It was as if we were forced to feel bad for her.” Zelo shivered.

He stopped talking. No one knew what to say. How are you supposed to respond to that? All we could really do was take it in. That’s probably why I kept feeling something brush against me. That’s also why Jayde looked so scared. “What about afterwards? When everything went crazy? Was it the DM? Were they attacking us?” Min was the first to break the silence. “No.” lee said. Zelo helped him sit up when he finished healing the vampire’s wounds.

“Whaaaaat? Then what was that?” Min asked completely confused. Lee looked at the baby kitten that Tae was holding. “It was Jayde.” He said, his tone serious. “What?” Tae gasped. “What Zelo explained what they saw…It triggered her emotions one being fear.” Lee concluded. “What? No. It couldn’t have been Jayde. She’s not afraid of anything.” Tae said hugging the small kitten closely.

“But it’s true.” Le told him. The younger pouted not wanting to believe it. “It was like it was forcing us to feel guilt, regret, and fear…and empathy all at one.” Zelo spoke softly. “B-But Jayde would never hurt us…or even try to.” Tae argued.

“It’s not that she wanted to or chose to…it just happened. She couldn’t control her powers because her emotions were triggered.” Lee said. “She had no control.” Just then the kitten slipped out of Tae’s arms and ran off to the darkness. “Jayde!” Tae called out, but she didn’t stop or come back. Tae whimpered a little. “I’ll go get her...” I assured the younger standing up and walked toward the direction the runaway kitten ran in.

 

 

She had ran into the more dangerous part of the path/woods. It was really dark, but I can see in the dark so that wasn’t a problem. There were large crooked trees that were bare, and their trunks were twisted in all directions. Critters hid in deep dark corners, their eyes piercing through the darkness. I started to hear sniffling, it was close by. Jayde must be crying.

“Jayde?” I called quietly. There was no response. “Jayde…it’s me, Kris. You probably already know that though.” I said. The sniffling stopped, but I was able to find her anyway. “Jayde.” I said once I found her. She turned back and looked at me, she was back to her normal form. “What are you doing here?” She asked quickly looking away to hide her teary eyes.

“I think you know the answer to that.” I said sitting down beside her. She buried her face in her knees. “What’s the matter?” I asked her. She didn’t respond. “Jayde~.” I said. “You shouldn’t be here. You should go…it’s dangerous.” She mumbled not bothering to look up.

“What are you talking about? Danger is my middle name.” I played. There was no response. I just sighed. “I’ve been through this part of the woods. I know how to take care of myself.” I said. “That’s not what I mean.” She grumbled. “I may not know everything, but I know that you know that I am not going anywhere until you tell me what’s up.” I said.

“This isn’t a game.” Her voice cracked as she wiped her eyes. “Does it look like I’m playing?” I retorted. She was silent for a moment. “I messed up…I really messed up.” She slowly lifted her head from her knees, but she didn’t look at me, she just looked straight in front of her.

“I couldn’t control myself…I couldn’t contain my emotions. It was like what Zelo said…it was as if we were being forced to feel that way.” She said. “…well you can’t say you messed up when you were being forced to do it.” I told her. “Yes I can. You just don’t get it. I am one of the most powerful beings on the planet. No one, nothing can force me to do anything unless I’m against another Sphinx or some sort of spell has been put on me that I didn’t see coming, but the chances of that happening is slim to none. That’s….that’s a really bad sign. It’s a sign of weakness.” She said. I furrowed my brow. “Well, anything can happen. You don’t know everything. You just know most things.” I said. “I know 60% of things.” She said.

“See~, so anything can happen.” I said. “Just because I didn’t see it coming doesn’t mean I couldn’t do anything about it. I tried to hold back…but it was…hard.” She said shutting her eyes tight. Just then the wind started to blow hard and fast. Everything started swirling around us. “Jayde…don’t tell me you’re starting to believe that mess.” I said. She didn’t say anything.

“Come one. What happened to ‘I can handle it’? Or ‘That’s just junk’ or ‘You have the power to choose’? What happened to all of that?” I asked. The wind got stronger. “Stop.” She said weakly. “Stop? Oh~, so you’re going to give up that easily huh? Really?” I said. The wind started to howl. “Just go…now.” She said.

Just because of one little incident you’re just going to quit just like that. Huh?” I went on. She clenched her fist. “Are you serious? Jayde…I know you. You’re strong and determined, independent, free-willed, confident. I don’t see any bad in you. That’s why I don’t understand why you’re just giving up like that, way too easily. I spoke honestly.

“Kris.” I heard her say through her teeth. I suddenly felt my throat begin to squeeze and the winds kept coming harder and faster. “That’s just weak. Or maybe…maybe it was all just a lie huh? You knew how to trick us and to get us to follow and believe you. So you just used your powers as an advantage to manipulate us…” My throat clenched tighter. It was becoming extremely difficult to breathe. “…I wouldn’t expect nothing less from someone of dark nature.” And that did it.

Jayde viciously turned around, she pinned me to the ground. My throat tightened completely, I could no longer breath. Her irises were burning red. “I am not weak! I am not Dark Magic!” she hissed. “I am not evil! I am not! So don’t you even think for a second that I am! I choose my own path! Not by what other people say or what they claim to be true.” She said furiously.

My throat was now twisting in knots. I smiled weakly. “I know…I was just making sure you knew that.” I strained. Jayde’s eyes widened, her stare softened. Her irises faded from an intense red to a gentle dark brown. “K-Kris?” She said realizing what was going on. The wind began to calm down and my throat unknotted, but it was still tight. I felt my eyes get extremely heavy and my heart beat began to slow down. “Kris!” Jayde said snapping out of it. I couldn’t respond…I couldn’t talk anymore, nor move. All I could do was smile.

My eyes threatened to close any second now. “Kris! Don’t close your eyes! Don’t close your eyes!” She sounded terrified. I tried to sigh, but it was impossible. So I just stuck to smiling. “Don’t smile at me like that. You’re not going to die. You’re not going to die.” She said. You don’t think I planned this? I thought in my mind knowing that she’d be able to read it.

“You can’t just let yourself die like that!” she spat. Jayde~…”What happened to never giving up huh? You have to explain this to me!” She said. It’s not giving up. It’s still part-, “No! I don’t want to read your thoughts. I want to hear you say it.” She snapped her fingers and instantly my lungs opened up and I was forced to gasp for air.

I started coughing and wheezing trying to get the much need air. She just sat there and smiled sadly waiting for me to finish. “…oh my gosh…” I croaked finding my voice. Jayde looked down shamefully. She ran her fingers through her hair shamefully.

“What’s up?” I asked. “Aah~, I am just worried…and embarrassed.” She answered. I raised an eyebrow. “Embarrassed how you have to see me like this.” She answered. I just smiled. “I don’t know what I’m going to do from here on out. I’ll just have to relax more and meditate and do whatever to keep my emotions contained.” She said determined.

I frowned. “That’s not what I mean.” I pouted. “You saw what happened! You almost died just now!” she spat. “But I’m still living because you used your emotions.” I pointed out. She just looked at me.

“Jayde…I know you. And I know you can do it. You just have to trust me. You have to trust yourself.” I said. “…but you don’t have to do it alone.”

She thought for a while before slowly giving in. “Alright…fine. We’ll try it.” She said. I smiled in satisfaction. “But it’s not going to be easy for me to show my emotions just whenever.” She said. “I know. That’s why I’m here. To make you angry, sad, upset-,” “You’re really an idiot.” She remarked. I just smiled to myself. “…to make you smile, to make you laugh, to make you happy.” I said quietly enough so that she wouldn’t hear me. “I guess we should be heading back.” She said standing up. “You guess or you know?” I said. She just looked at me and shook her head. “Just come on.”

 

A/N: So the lyrics that the man sang at the mansion thing were based off of the song Little Susie by Michael Jackson. No copyright intended! Promise! Thank you so much for reading! I really do appreciate your comments, they motivate me a lot, so thank you for commenting. :)