Chapter 14: Save Me

Born Sinner

-Zelo’s POV-

I actually enjoyed packing up our stuff. I got to spend more time with Yongguk-hyung.

I looked around to see that the elder was suddenly gone. Hhm…I wonder where he went. “I guess I’ll take down the tent myself.” I said.

I studied the tent. Just then a thought came upon me…I don’t know how to take down a tent. Yongguk was the one who set it up. I frowned a little really Zelo? Really?

“Well, it can’t be too hard.” I concluded. I pulled up one of the poles, but suddenly the tent completely collapsed. “Ow!” I heard someone yelp. My eyes widened.

I bent down and quickly removed the tent cover to see that Yongguk was under it. He rubbed the side of his forehead. “Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry!” I apologized. “It’s okay.” He said. “I should’ve checked to see if anyone was under it. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He smiled. I felt my insides get all warm and fuzzy at that gummy smile of his. “Well, for starters you don’t pull the tent by its poles.” He chuckled. “Sorry.” I apologized a light blush on my cheeks.

I noticed Youngjae behind Yongguk from afar. He just smiled at me and snickered. I looked down and blushed even harder. My cheeks were burning up the more I thought about what he said last night, about me liking Yongguk. “You okay?” Yongguk asked breaking me away from my thoughts.

“Y-Y-Yeah.” I mentally face palmed myself for stuttering. The elder smiled and helped me, putting the tent away together.

“Sorry again about making the tent collapse on you.” I said once we finished. “No, no you’re fine. It was actually kind of funny.” He said. I just smiled feeling a little less embarrassed. “Hey um…Junhong.” He said. “Hm?” I gave him my attention that already had it. “I’m not sure if it’s the right timing, but I feel like I should do it now before anything happens.” The elder said.

He seemed serious. “What is it?” I asked. “I have to tell you something really important." He said. I nodded.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before speaking again. But as soon as he opened his mouth he was cut off. “Hey! Prince Charming! Can you help us with something over here?” Lee called. Wait…when did they get back? Yongguk looked hesitant. “Um…yeah sure…” He said then he looked back at me. “I’ll tell you as soon as I get back. Okay??” He said an excited look on his face.

I nodded. “O-Okay.” I said. “You’ll wait for me right?” He asked. “O-Of course.” I said feeling a bit lost. He smiled and jogged over to the vampire and the shadow seeker.

I watched the three talk, though I couldn’t hear anything that they were saying. I was lost, all of this looked too familiar. “You don’t have to do it, if you don’t want to.” I suddenly heard Kris say. My eyes widened. No.

“Yeah, we were just wondering if you wanted to help out.” Lee said. I slowly shook my head. This can’t be. “No it’s fine. I’ll do it.” Bang said. “Great! Well, Tae is out there waiting for you then.” Kris said. No! Yongguk nodded.

I felt my heart pound hard, threatening to burst out my chest, and my palms and forehead get sweaty. Junhong, you have to let this happen. No! I don’t want Yongguk to get hurt. You have to let this happen. Listen to Jayde.

No…no, no, what good could come from this? I don’t even know what’s going to happen to him, all I know is that he’ll be hurt. Junhong. The pictures from my dream came rushing back to me. Horrific pictures of Yongguk being tormented and crying out in pain….he must be dying….he’s dying. Junhong. No, no, no! I just can’t.

Junhong! No!! I screamed in my mind. I’m not going to let Yongguk get hurt!! I don’t care of what I’m supposed to do. Jayde’s eyes snapped open. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes. “YONGGUK!!” I screamed trying to get his attention but…nothing happened. Absolutely nothing, everything was silent.

I slowly opened my eyes to see that everything and everyone was frozen. Nothing moved, nothing made a sound, it was as if everything turned to stone or was a picture hanging on a wall. “Junhong.” I heard a cold icy voice say my name sending cold shivers throughout my body.

I slowly turned around to see Jayde looking dead at me, her arms folded and her irises a fierce, blazing blue. “What do you think you’re doing?” She was not happy.

I felt tears quickly fill the wells of my eyes, I sniffled a little. “Junhong.” She was not having it. I fought hard to fight back my tears. I tried to speak but I was too choked up. “Zelo!” she spat. I couldn’t do this, I couldn’t hold it in much longer. I broke down right there….right in front of her. I fell on my knees and started bawling all over the place.

Jayde’s eyes softened and she bent down to me. She rest a hand on my shoulder, rubbing my arm gently trying to sooth me. I could tell that this was awkward for her. “Jayde~, I…I…I just can’t do it…I can’t let him go out there like that.” I cried between sobs. “I know you can’t.” She spoke calmly.

“I’m…I’m sorry b-but…I can’t stand f-for Y-Yongguk to get hurt. I-I don’t even k-know what’s…what’s going to happen…to-to him.” I choked on my tears. I tried wiping away the tears with my wrist but they just kept coming.

“Zelo, you have to let this happen.” Jayde sighed. “I know I do! But I just can’t!” I cried breaking down even more. “Zelo…I know what’s going to happen to him. You just have to trust me.” She said.

“B-But, can’t we just let this one slide…pl-please?” I begged. Jayde looked pained but she shook her head. “Wae?! I can’t live without Yongguk! Please!!” I was a mess, my throat was now hoarse. “You will see him again.” Jayde remained calm but I noticed her wince a bit. “Why can’t you just let this slide? You made Youngjae back to his size when you said before that he had to wait.” I continued to cry.

“I know what I said. And I know what I did.” She breathed. “Then why can’t you help Yongguk?!!” I bawled. “Zelo! Listen to me!” She spat no longer calm.

I looked at her with large, sad, watery eyes. She looked me dead in my eyes. “If this doesn’t happen to Yongguk, then 3 of your friends die. You want to know who they are? Daehyun, Youngjae, and Bang Yongguk.” She hissed insensitively.

My tears froze and my body quivered in ultimate terror. I felt my body curl up. Jayde sighed looking away. She closed her eyes and pressed her forehead against her hand. “Junhong, Zelo…you have to trust me. You have to trust me.” Her voice got weaker towards the end. She looked like she was in pain.

Did she feel bad for me? Is she just as scared as I am? Whatever it is the main question was, Is she fighting back her emotions? Are her emotions over powering? None of this however distract me from what was to come.

I pulled my knees up to my chest hugging them tightly. “Okay.” I sniffled. She looked at me. “Okay, I promise not to interfere.” I said silent tears streaming down my cheek.

Jayde sighed and stood up. She held a hand out to me. “I promise everything will be okay with Yongguk. He’ll be in much pain, but he’ll get through it.” Jayde assured me with a soft smile. I slowly held my hand out and took hers, and she pulled me up. At that moment everything unfroze and everyone continued what they were doing.

It was strange to me how everyone moved on. How they hadn’t realized that they were all frozen, that time had stopped, they were oblivious to it. “Alright, I’ll see you guys later.” Yongguk said. I ran up to him as fast I could and jumped on him giving him a tight hug.

“Junhong.” He gasped stumbling back. I buried my face in his chest doing all I can to hold back my unshed tears. “Be….be safe.” I swallowed forcing myself to sound strong. “Junhong…” He said.

I looked up at him with glossy eyes, he looked back down at me, he smiled sweetly. That only made the wells of my eyes begin to overflow, but I held them back. “I’ll be back before you even know I’m gone.” He promised caressing my cheek, then he walked off.

When he was gone I buried my face in my hands and ran into Jayde and started crying. Jayde patted my back gently, unsure of how to comfort me. So she just stood there and let me cry into her. “Y-Yongguk.” I cried weakly, breathing shakily. Though he just left and nothing probably happened to him yet, I still missed him terribly and feared for him even more.

I felt my heart clench tightly in my chest. I’m sorry Yongguk. I am so sorry. Fresh tears poured down my cheeks, they seemed to never stop, not even to take a break. This is the right thing to do…right? Then why do I feel this way? So hurt, so scared.

“C-Can you tell me wh-what happens to him?” I asked Jayde once I was able to speak. Jayde sat me down on one of the logs, she sat beside me. “No…” she breathed. “But…you’ll find out soon.” She said. I looked away fidgeting with my fingers. “Jayde~…” I said. “Hm?” She hummed. “Is it…Is it my fault if…Yongguk gets hurt? Since, I know that something bad is going to happen? And I didn’t st-stop him?” I asked feeling lost, not knowing what to do. “No.” She said. “B-But why not? I-I could prevent this.” I sniffled. She shook her head.

“Somethings are meant to happen. For instance, if this doesn’t happen then your friends will end up dying. Don’t worry, you’ll see Yongguk again.” She promised. “Th-Then…why did I have this dream if I can’t do anything about it?” I sniffled more, feeling useless and even more pained.

“Some dreams are meant to throw you off. Either to bring an advantage or disadvantage to you, depending on what side you’re on. And it’s up to you to do something about it, or not.” She explained.

I looked at her somewhat understanding. “In this case since you’re on our side the quote on quote ‘good side’ then it would be a huge disadvantage if you did anything about it. However, if you were part of the DM, then it would be an advantage.” She explained.

I sighed, tears still racing down my cheeks, “How will I know what to do? I almost blew it.” I started crying gain, thinking about the fact that if Jayde hadn’t stopped me Youngjae, Daehyun, and Yongguk would have ended up dying. “You’re not going to get it right away. It takes some time.” Jayde said. “It must be hard for you.” I suddenly said.

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. “Knowing pretty much everything, but yet having to just let things happen and to be able to harness that much power.” I sniffled. “Well, there’s a price for everything, though I didn’t choose this or even have a choice, but that’s why I have to seal my emotions.” She said. “No. that’s not it. Jayde, I know y-y-you’re going against your nature…you’re actually dark magic.” I said in a hushed tone.

“Well, it’s not much of a secret.” She growled. “Besides, I was never on a specific side until this war. I was always neutral. I never believed in that stuff. You have a choice of whether you want to be good or not.” She almost hissed. “But it’s…it’s real…It’ll be hard for you to control your emotions and powers.” I said cautiously. Jayde clenched her fist. “I can manage.” She said.

The wells of my eyes filled up again. I gave her a sudden hug, in which she didn’t expect. “Jayde, I believe that you can do it. I think you’re amazing for doing such thing, when you know you’re much more powerful being on the DM.” I muffled into her shirt. “I’ll be on your side the whole way.” I said.

I felt her jump a little. “Zelo…” She said pushing me away, breaking the hug. “You should rest. We’re going to leave soon.” She said standing up. “No. I want to help. I’ll just pick up the rest of Yongguk’s and my belongings” I sniffled standing up. She just nodded. I turned around about to go pick up our stuff when, “Zelo…” I looked back at Jayde. “Thanks.” She smiled slightly. I forced a smile back and walked away.

 

I picked up mine and Yongguk’s stuff, sniffling away, wiping my tears repeatedly. I did this for hours and no one bothered me for the time being, which I didn’t mind. I wanted to be alone, to be with just myself to gather up my thoughts and feelings.

I bent down and picked up one of Yongguk’s daggers that he had brought with him on the trip. “I wonder what it was he was going to tell me.” I sighed and hooked the dagger to the side of my pants. “…um…Junhong?” I heard someone say. I quickly turned around to see that it was Himchan. “Oh…uh…hi…” I said awkwardly brushing away a stray tear. “Are you alright?” He asked me concerned. “Yeah…I’m fine…” I breathed. Himchan looked at me with sad eyes. “You sure? You looked pretty upset.” He said not believing me.

I just sighed, what am I supposed to do? I can’t lie to him, but I don’t want to tell him or else he will get worried. “So…um, how is it going with Jongup?” I asked trying to sound as innocent as possible, trying to throw him off and it worked!

He blushed at the sudden question. I looked at him curiously, waiting for an answer. That’s when the said person joined us. “They’re back.” Jongup said sounding serious. “Oh.” Himchan jumped. “Did they find him?” The elder asked. Jongup shook his head. “Wait what?” I questioned not knowing what was going on.

“…When Kris and Lee had returned to camp Tae and Bang hadn’t returned. After waiting a couple of hours Kris and Lee went to go out and look for them.” Himchan sighed. My eyes widened, could it have happened already?

“They just got back and they couldn’t find them. Jongup added. I looked past them to see everyone huddled in a group, except for Jayde who was gone, possibly trying to gather and calm her emotions. “Excuse me.” I said walking past them over to the group.

“The sun is setting and Tae is no good at night.” Min whimpered. “He still has his vampire sense. He should be able to lead him and Bang towards the camp.” Kris assured. “Aren’t the D.M. on the move?” Daehyun reminded. Everyone nodded. “We should go look for them.” Min said getting anxious. “We just did.” Lee said. “Maybe we should try again.” Min whimpered.

“Is there anything we can do?” Jasmine asked. “I don’t know.” Kris sighed. “I don’t like the looks of this. Especially with Aires out there.” Lee growled. Just then someone came running through the bushes. We all turned to see that it was Tae! He was breathless, which was strange, vampires or werewolves don’t get tired that easily…unless.

Tae had scratches and bruises all over him. He looked badly beaten up. “Tae!!” Min cried rushing over to his brother’s care. Tae was trembling, he looked weak and worn out. “Tae~…what’s the matter? Where’s Bang?” Min questioned. Tae coughed, blood drooling down the side of his mouth. Min looked frightened and hugged his twin tightly. “Oh Tae~…” he sniffled.

“Th-Th-They…w-were…blood…A-A-Aires…Minzy-y…-Taecyeon…” Tae was shaken up. Lee walked up to him. “Tae what happened?” Lee asked seriously. The bruised one shook his head his eyes watery and large.

“I tried to…I tried to f-fight b-back…I-I really d-did.” He started to cry. “Tae what about Yongguk? Where’s Bang Yongguk?” Lee asked. Tae’s bottom lip quivered. “I really did try…I really did try to save him…b-but there was so many…I-I couldn’t see.” Tae looked like he was beating himself up. My eyes widened. “It got so dark.” Tae shrunk back.

“We have to go for him.” Jasmine said. “Himchan, Jongup, Jasmine, Min, come with us to find Bang.” Kris said. Without a word they agreed and prepared themselves. “Tae…Can you give me a scent?” Min asked. Tae ripped a piece of his torn shirt off and gave it to his younger brother.

“Thanks.” Min said taking it. He didn’t look too happy at the fact that someone hurt his brother. His voice even sounded a little deeper. “Let’s go.” He growled animisticly before turning into a grown werewolf. He sniffed the cloth and started sniffing out where the scent was, leading the way. The others followed after him.

Youngjae and I quickly ran to the werewolf/vampire’s care. We carefully sat him down on one of the logs. Daehyun slowly walked over, joining us. Tae groaned in pain, he shivered fiercely. I rest the back of my hand on his arm. “He’s freezing.” I announced surprised. Vampires are usually cold but he was really cold…freezing. Also his body temperature is warmer than most vampires since he’s part werewolf. Youngjae got up and ran off.

Seconds later he returned with a blanket and wrapped it around Tae. His wounds slowly began to heal by itself. I sighed in relief, the wounds weren’t all that serious, they could still heal. “I’ll go get him some water from the river.” Youngjae said standing up.

Daehyun quickly grabbed his wrist. “Wait. Let me come with you. You can’t go out there alone.” I noticed fright in his eyes. “You can’t come with me. You’re still weak and sick. I can fend for myself.” Youngjae said quickly slipping out of the elder’s grip and disappeared. I sat down close to Tae, rubbing his back to calm him down, he was shivering like crazy.

“I-I-I’m a-a failure!” Tae suddenly burst into tears. “Tae.” I said. “I wasn’t able to help him. I wasn’t able to save him.” Tae cried. “What do you mean?” Daehyun asked.

“Th-They came out of nowhere. A-At first we were doing good, but when things started getting tough Bang told me to run and get help. B-B-But I didn’t listen…” Tae began. “…I-I didn’t want to l-leave him. I-I couldn’t leave him with a-a group of vampires, let alone with my brother and sister and Lee’s sister. H-He would surely d-die.” Tae cried. All I could do was rub his back, I understood how he felt.

“I-I t-tried to h-help him. B-But it was too l-late. A-Aires pinned h-him down. I ran to him b-but Minzy jumped on my back. I begged Aires not to. I begged her not to.” The poor victim buried his face in my chest. I was taken aback by the action but did my best to sooth him by petting the top of his head. I didn’t really know what to do.

He cried a bit before speaking again, t that time Youngjae returned with a bucket of water and poured Tae a cup of water. “Here…drink this.” Youngjae said handing him the cup, but he didn’t take it and his face remained buried in my chest, so I took it instead. The elder looked at me with questioning eyes. I just looked at him, unsure of how to answer. However he got the hint and sat down on the other side of Tae.

“…She bent down and…and bit him. Sh-She bit him.” Tae sobbed. “Wait. She his blood?” Daehyun questioned wide-eyed. “Who?” Youngjae asked. “No. Aires bit him. She didn’t take any blood…she just bit him. Bang is….is dead.” Tae cried harder into my chest.

I felt my lungs stop. My heart beat sped up. My heart clenched even tighter in horror. Dead? Y-Y-Yongguk is dead? N-No that c-can’t be. Jayde told me that he wasn’t going to die. “D-Dead?” Daehyun choked his eyes wide in disbelief. The only one who didn’t react immediately was Youngjae, he was thinking to himself.

I looked around looking for Jayde, but she wasn’t here. She was gone. Where is she?! I choked gasping for air. I held my chest. Tae started coughing. Daehyun sat there stunned, rubbing his hand through his hair in distress, he couldn’t believe his ears. This didn’t make any sense. Jayde said…

“Aires bit Bang. So Bang is dead.” Youngjae repeated in thought. Tae sat up and nodded. “I’m…I’m sorry. I-I got you’re shirt wet.” Tae sniffled apologizing. “It’s…okay…” I said barely above a whisper. “So, you’re saying that Bang was turned into a vampire?” Youngjae concluded. “Y-Yeeessss!” Tae started sobbing again. My eyes widened and I quickly snapped out of it.

“Vampire?” I repeated. Youngjae nodded. I sighed in mere relief, I thought that he was actually gone. Daehyun gasped loudly, breathing again. “I seriously thought he was…You know.” He said. Youngjae sighed and shook his head. “You thought the same thing didn’t you?” Youngjae asked me. I nodded in embarrassment. “Then why are you crying so hard about him being bitten. He’s alive! Well he’s still on earth.” Daehyun said.

“It’s not the same as being human. You have different needs and you have to adjust to a completely new lifestyle…for the rest of your life.” Tae sniffled. “Being turned into a vampire is different than being born one.” We listened carefully. “First of all the pain is terrible when you’re being bitten. But the pain is even worse during the process of transforming into a vampire. It’s almost like your vampire side is attacking your human side. That’s pretty much what’s happening. The first few days the pain is terrific. By the end of those few days the vampire has taken over and is extremely hungry. If they don’t get any food, blood, within the first 18 hours they’ll die. But what’s worse is that newborns are vicious and will attack anyone and anything with blood. It’s as if they’re mindless creatures.” Tae shivered.

“…and I sh-should’ve saved him!” Tae cried. I rubbed his back again. “It’s okay Tae. You did what you could. Some things were meant to happen.” I said gently. The other two looked at me strangely. “You okay?” Youngjae asked me. I nodded fighting back my rebellious tears. “Y-Y-You really m-mean that?” Tae asked me. I slowly nodded petting his hair with a soft smile.

“Zelo-ah…did you…know about this?” Youngjae asked carefully. I nodded, “I knew something was going to happen to him, but I didn’t know what. Jayde told me not to do anything or else you-,” but I was cut off by Youngjae hugging me. “That’s why you were upset.” He said. I nodded, my tears betraying me again.

Youngjae broke the hug and sat back down. “Don’t I get a hug?” Daehyun questioned trying to lighten the mood a little, though I could tell that he really wanted a hug. “Oh yeah…” Youngjae said and gave Tae a hug. “It’s okay. Without you, we wouldn’t have been able to know what happened or where to find him. You were brave going against your brother and sister, especially after their warning from last time.” Youngjae comforted the werewolf/vampire.

“Brother and sister?” I questioned. “Minzy and Taecyeon are Tae and Min’s older siblings. They’re part of the DM.” Youngjae explained. “Oooooh~.” I nodded now understanding. “Youngjae~.” Daehyun pouted. “What do you want?” Youngjae asked. Daehyun pouted like a baby and held his arms out like a toddler who wanted to be picked up. Tae and I giggled a little at his silliness. “I want a hug from you~.” He said. Youngjae only looked at him. “Pleaaseee~.” He said.

“Oh, Alright.” Youngjae said giving the elder a hug. Daehyun smiled and playfully stuck his tongue out at us. “Whatever, he gave us a hug first Mr. Second Place.” I remarked. Daehyun frowned. Youngjae busted out laughing breaking the hug. The mood became a little lighter, but it was still pretty heavy.

A couple of minutes later Jayde came back, also Tae’s wounds were completely healed and his body temperature was back to normal….well for him. “You okay?” Jayde asked sitting down. Tae nodded crawling over to her resting his head on her lap. Her eyes slightly widened a little surprised. “Are you okay?” I asked her.

This time she looked at me surprised. “Yeah…I’m…” she stopped for a second. “…fine.” She finished. Before anything else could be said the others came back. Youngjae, Daehyun, and I quickly stood up to meet them, but they didn’t look all that good. “Tae~.” Min cried running over to his twin hugging him tightly. The others were silent.

Kris looked lost for words, Jasmine looked as if she had been freaking out and held her head stressfully, Lee looked almost angry. Himchan looked sick to his stomach and Jongup showed no emotion at all, this wasn’t good. I looked around in hopes to see Yongguk, but I didn’t see him. “Wh-where’s Yongguk-hyung?” I asked almost scared to know the answer. Himchan hugged Jongup’s arm and buried his face in the crook of the younger’s neck. Jongup gently rubbed his back.

I looked over at jasmine who just shook her head. Then I looked at Kris and lee in hopes that they had an answer. Kris bit his bottom lip. “We had to leave him behind.” Kris spoke low making his deep voice sound even deeper. I blinked stupidly. “Wh-What?” I said.

“He’s too dangerous, we had to leave him back there.” Lee repeated. “B-B-But…” I really didn’t want to leave him, not out there all alone, in pain. I heard a faint screech from afar. “We’ll leave without him. Let’s go.” Jayde ordered.

The others obeyed and gathered their stuff. I felt my eyes heat up. Kris walked up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. “He was way too dangerous. He’s a newborn. He will hurt everyone to feed his vampire, especially humans including you and the rest of your friends.” Kris explained.

“They have no mercy.” Lee walked up to us. I sniffled a bit. “…but Yongguk wouldn’t hurt us…” I said weakly not believing any of their words. “Newborns lose all of their sense. They won’t care about anyone or anything but feeding themselves.” Lee growled. “H-H-How long does it last?” I quivered.

“About a year or so.” Lee said and with that he walked off. I felt a pain in my chest. I wasn’t expecting it to be that long. Maybe 6 months the most, but…but not a year. Kris stood there and sighed, “I’m sorry.” “Don’t be. It’s not your fault.” My voice was much colder than I had expected. Kris just nodded and walked away.

I stared into the dark empty woods. I could hear wolves howling at the full moon. It was already night? “Do we have to carry all of this stuff?” Min asked. “No.” Youngjae said. He waved his hand and everything disappeared. Min gasped his eyes widened in awe. “Where did everything go?” Min asked spinning around to find where the missing stuff was.

“In this tiny box.” Youngjae revealed a small cube in the palm of his hand. Mins mouth dropped open. “You mean everything is in that?” He asked stunned. Youngjae nodded. “Everything? Like all of our stuff?” Min quizzed. “Mm hm.” Youngjae confirmed. “H-How?” Min asked. Youngjae smiled. “Magic.” Was his answer. Min was astounded, “Wow~.”

I smiled weakly at the conversation. But my smile quickly faded at the scream of terror that came from afar. “Bang~.” I flinched closing my eyes. The screams were loud and horrific, they were screams of pure agony and no one could do anything about it…it just had to take its course. Strangely enough I didn’t feel saddened by the thought instead, I felt angry.

I felt angry at someone or something or someones. Tae walked up to me and stood there in silence for a bit before talking. “I’m sorry.” Tae said quietly. “Why are you apologizing? To me?” I asked. Tae looked down and fidgeted with his fingers for a bit. “I-I know you like Bang and all.” He said shyly. I blushed a little. Was it that obvious? “…and I-I couldn’t save him. I feel like I owe you more than an apology.” Tae finished. “No.” I said my tone colder than I had planned.

“It’s not your fault.” I said my voice got low. I stared out into the distance. The agonizing screams penetrated my ears. I felt my fist bawl up tightly. “It’s their fault.” I growled. “Zelo?” Tae looked up at me not understanding.

“The Dark Magic. It’s all their fault. They’re the reason why Youngjae’s mother died, why Jayde is having trouble controlling her emotions, why you got hurt, why there’s a war, and why Yongguk is in pain.” I said darkly. I can only imagine how other people who’ve been attacked felt. People who are helpless and had no idea what was even going on. People who aren’t even involved in any of this. “Tae…” I said. “Hm?” “The Dark Magic is going down. We have to beat them and make them pay for everything they’ve done.”