Chapter 21: Warning Danger

Born Sinner

“Whaaaat? Look at this.” Kris was the first one to see us when we arrived back to the temporary camp. They all seemed to be having a meeting. “What do we have here?” Jongup said a sly smirk appearing on his face. Did he figure it out already? “What?” Tae asked, not catching on.

“Yeah Jongup what is it?” Himchan asked curious of what was going on in the younger’s head. “Ah~! I see~.” Daehyun said, finally looking up. He figured it out that fast already too?! I looked at Yongguk with confusion, but he shook his head not even surprised. “What? What?” Min asked the human. “What is it Dae?” Youngjae also asked, not figuring it out.

“You guys wouldn’t catch on.” Daehyun said. “It’s obvious that we didn’t.” Himchan remarked. “Awe, don’t be mad Channie. You two just aren’t experts like us.” Jongup simply said. Youngjae and Himchan both scoffed. “You two experts?” Himchan said, finding the statement ridiculous. “At what?” Youngjae questioned. “We can’t tell you of course. It’ll give it away.” Daehyun said. “Wait a second.” Jasmine spoke up studying us.

Her eyes slowly widened. “Oooooh~, I see now.” She said. “You see what?” Tae asked. “What? What?” Min asked excitedly. “She can’t tell you, you guys have to figure it out for yourselves.” Jongup said. The twins pouted as well as Youngjae and Himchan. “You guys came just in time, we were just in the beginning of a team meeting.” Kris said. “Yay, sounds…fun.” Jayde said completely unenthusiastic.

“Same thing I said.” Lee remarked. “Zelo needs to rest.” Jayde told Bang, indicating for him to put me in my sleeping bag. “No, I’m fine. I want to be included in the meeting.” I said. Then I looked at Bang. “I don’t want to miss anything.” I said. “Oh! I get it!” Himchan suddenly announced. “Shhhhh~…” Jongup hushed him.

“Wait no. Himchan, what is it?” Youngjae asked. Himchan just smiled rocking back and forth. I couldn’t help but blush a little. Youngjae pouted, not liking the fact that he still didn’t catch on. “Okay.” Bang said sitting down next to Lee.

“Hey.” The elder vampire greeted nonchalantly. But instead of saying hi back I hugged him tightly, forcing him to growl in annoyance. “Thank you lee.” I thanked sincerely. He easily pushed me off, back onto Yongguk. “Your…welcome.” He murmured. I just smiled at him.

He raised an eyebrow at me. “Are you not scared of me anymore?” he questioned. I nodded. He frowned disapprovingly. “Don’t worry. That won’t last long.” He smirked deviously. “Oh! Oh! I get it!” Tae said. “Me too!” Min squealed.

Youngjae’s eyes widened with joy knowing that they’ll give it away. “Ze-,” But Min was quickly cut off when he and Tae’s mouths were covered with a thick strand office. “Don’t say a word. Jae still hasn’t figured it out yet.” Jongup instructed. The two quickly nodded in understanding and the ice melted. “I’m going to choke you.” Youngjae snarled, standing up about to make his way to Jongup when Daehyun pulled the younger down onto his lap, forcing him to blush extra hard.

“Okay let’s get started.” Himchan said. “Okay well, today’s topic is the Bang Yongguk.” Kris began. “First we would like to welcome you back. It’s good to have you back.” Kris clapped, the twins doing the same thing. “Even if your return was a big Bang!” Kris chuckled. No one laughed at that except for Jayde who quickly caught herself changing swiftly from laugher to coughing.

Kris cleared his throat continuing on, “next, we have to watch and care for him closely, since he is a new born. I nominate either lee or Jayde to be in charge of him.” Kris said. “Lee?” Jayde said looking at the vampire. “Fine.” Lee said. “I’ve been bored lately anyways.” He shrugged. Jasmine rolled her eyes in pure annoyance.

“We’ll go hunting tonight.” He told Yongguk, who nodded. “And also, Romeo, Juliet, Water Boy, Fire Breather, and Wicked Witch of the West, oh and Princess…you guys are not allowed to be around Prince Charming alone, for safety reasons.” Lee added.

“What?! I do not appreciate such a vulgar name!” Jasmine protested. “Who said I was talking about you? I could have been referring to Jayde. So self-centered.” Lee said coolly. “If you were referring to me you would’ve been dead.” Jayde said plainly, messing with her nails as if she were bored. Lee shrugged leaning back. “Guess I was referring to you.” He smirked. Jasmine was not pleased whatsoever. “Um…Okay…moving on.” Kris quickly said avoiding any deeper tension. “Lastly about Bang’s presence. There’s no way he could’ve found us.” He finally said.

The Shadow Seeker looked over at Yongguk. “So, how did you get here?” He asked getting serious.

Yongguk thought for a bit, conjuring his memories. “Well, after I was bit, I roamed around just looking for um…food. Every now and then I’d bump into Aires and her gang, they must’ve been keeping tabs on me.” He began. “I could barely think, but I remember them coming up to me one day, saying if I wanted to find a lot of food, I’d listen to them. Unfortunately my hunger got the best of me and I gave in and they sent me this way.” Yongguk finished. He received a few gasps. Jayde, of course, wasn’t fazed.

“So they know where we are?” I questioned. Yongguk thought for a second. “I guess they do.” He said. I buried my face into his chest fearfully. “How can that be?” Himchan said. Tae shook his head seeming scarred. “Noo~…” he hushed.

“If I have to see that again, I swear I’m going to rip her ing head.” Lee growled. “That doesn’t happen.” Jayde spoke calmly. “Don’t ing tell me that!” Lee snapped stomping off. “What’s up with him?” Jasmine scoffed. “Lee can’t stand his sister Aires and Tae and Min’s elder siblings Taecyeon and Minzy.” Was Jayde’s simple explanation.

“Oh! My! Gosh!” Youngjae jumped to his feet gaining everyone’s attention. “Aweeee~!” he squealed. “You two are together!” he jumped pointing at Bang and I, causing me to blush slightly. Everyone was silent.

Daehyun slowly pulled Jae back down. “Now isn’t the time.” He whispered. “Sorry.” Youngjae apologized quietly a little embarrassed.

“Well, if they do come, we won’t let them hurt any one of us again. They’ll regret following us.” Kris said with much confidence. He received a few head nods. Tae on the other hand looked terrified, while his twin desperately tried to calm him.

“This concludes our meeting. Everyone get some rest.” Jayde said. She walked up to the unstable twins to calm Tae. “Bang.” Someone said. Yongguk and I turned around to see that it was Lee. “Let’s go.” He said. Bang nodded and looked at me.

“I can walk over to my own sleeping bag. It’s not far.” I assured him. The elder nodded, kissing the top of my forehead before getting up to leave. I sat there in my spot, watching him and with Lee until they both completely disappeared in the trees, before I got up. “Awe! Zelo~.” Youngjae cooed him and Himchan walking up to me before I could even take a step.

I blushed a little at their presence, I already knew what was going to happen. “I knew you liked him.” Youngjae said referring to our conversation from before. “Awe, my baby Junhong is growing up.” Himchan said. “Shut up.” I said playfully, though I honestly did want them to stop. “We’ll let you get your rest.” Himchan assured. “But when you’re fully recovered you won’t be hearing the end of it.” Youngjae said. “You two are just like Daehyun and Jongup.” I remarked.

“What?! Nuh uh!” Himchan said suddenly getting offended. “I am not like D-Daehyun!” Youngjae said a bit disgusted. I just chuckled shaking my head, before heading to my sleeping bag. I crawled into it comfortably.

There was only one thing missing…or maybe two things. I looked back over to where the twins and Jayde were. Jayde and Min were both trying to calm Tae down. After hearing the fact that his siblings and Aires were possibly following us he psyched out and started panicking.

I watched them sadly. Tae really looked like he was breaking down. I’ve never seen him like this before, and I never thought I would. Min looked scared for his twin, not knowing what was happening to him. Jayde even looked worried but she was determined to calm him. I sighed turning back around in my sleeping bag. I hope he’ll be okay.

 

-

 

I woke up the next day feeling extremely exhausted and worn out. Which was strange because I didn’t do much activity the day before. I looked to see that Tae was sleeping soundly under my arm as a pup. I smiled petting his soft fur gently. “Everything will be okay Tae.” I said barely as a whisper, afraid to wake him up out of his precious sleep. He needed to rest after the past couple of events. He’s so sensitive, yet really caring…maybe too caring.

I slowly sat up, being careful not to hit or move the sleeping pup. I looked around to see that not much was going on and that a few of our members weren’t here either.

“Where is everyone?” I thought quietly out loud to myself. “They went to patrol the area.” A deep voice answered behind me. I froze deathly afraid to turn around, but I did so anyways.

I nearly jumped, catching my heart from jumping out of my chest. “You scared me.” I said in a hushed tone, my hand to my chest. “Sorry.” Bang apologized with a soft smile. “It’s okay.” I whispered back.

He leaned in and kissed my cheek, earning an involuntary blush from my cheeks. “Why are you whispering?” he asked in a whisper. “Because Tae is sleeping and he needs to rest, he was freaking out last night.” I said. The elder made an ‘O’ shape with his mouth in understanding. “So where is everyone?” I asked again, this time to an actual person.

“Lee, Jayde, Kris, and jasmine went out to patrol the area in case Aires and her gang are around. Jayde said that we might have to leave a few hours earlier than planned.” He updated. “Ooh~…How long have I been asleep?” I asked. “Mmm…It’s just about noon now.” He said. “Oh, I’ve been sleeping a lot.” I noted more to myself. Yongguk let out a slight laugh. “What?” I asked. “You’re cute.” He said ruffling my hair.

Suddenly he dropped his hand, heaving as if he were struggling to breathe. “Yongguk?” I asked concerned. But he didn’t respond, his fingers dug deep into the dirt, as if he were desperately trying to hang on to it. “Are you okay?” I asked trying hard to keep my voice from sounding shaky. “Yeah…I’m…Fine…” he struggled between his normal voice and a growl.

“Bang look at me.” I ordered. “No Zelo.” He struggled, shaking his head. “Yongguk please.” I insisted. But he didn’t respond. “You have to trust me.” I spoke quietly. With that he slowly looked back up at me. His iris of his left eye was completely red, and the other one was battling between dark brown and a blood red. “Just look at me and relax.” I spoke calmly, carefully running my fingers gently through his dark hair.

After a few seconds he started to calm down. It was working! His left eye was no longer completely red, but still batted between the two eye colors. It was hypnotizing looking into his eyes, even with the red that lurked freely in them.

We were silent, I continued to run my fingers through his hair as he battled with his uncontrollable New Born side. It actually looked painful for him, he looked as if he were being attacked from within, he probably was. It made me sad seeing him this way, but I forced myself not to show it.

Just when it seemed like he had the upper hand the red in his right eye completely took over. “Come on Yongguk.” I urged. But before anything else could happen, somebody zoomed by and slapped Bang hard in the face, snapping his head to the side.

Yongguk groaned a little in pain, holding his cheek that was just abused. I was in complete shock, not expecting that at all whatsoever. “Yeah ha! Aha! I finally did it!” said a familiar voice. I looked up to see that it was Daehyun, of course.

“Daehyun~.” I frowned “Oh young Zelo.” The elder said shaking his head. “You won’t understand.” He said sincerely. “You can thank me later.” He added. “What? Does Youngjae know you came over here to do that?” I questioned. “No.” he frowned. “It doesn’t even matter if he did know. He’s not my superior. I’m his Oppa.” Daehyun said. I looked at him with a curiously raised eyebrow. “Does he even call you that?” I quizzed. “No…but he will.” Daehyun promised.

“I doubt that that’ll ever happen.” I told him honestly. “Who are you to say that?” The elder questioned. “Because I know~ Youngjae.” I said taunting him. His eye twitched a little. “No you don’t! I’ve known him for 10 years.” He argued. “And how many times out of those 10 years have you actually talked to him? Or hung out with him? Did you ever live with him for a few weeks?” I questioned, pushing his buttons.

Before he could come up with a comeback Bang groaned again, our attention returning straight back to him. “Yongguk-ah~.” I said concerned. “Are you okay?” I asked. “I didn’t hit him that hard.” Daehyun grumbled. “Yeah…” the elder finally answered, removing his hand, revealing his natural dark brown eyes. I sat there somewhat stunned. “Did…Did that actually work?” I questioned surprised. Yongguk blinked a couple of times as if to process everything. “I…I think it did.” He said surprised at his own words.

“Of course it did.” Dae smiled. “Hey you two.” Youngjae said walking up to the two of us. “Hey JaeJae~.” Daehyun cooed, hanging his arm over the younger’s shoulders. “H-Hi Daehyun.” Youngjae seemed a bit surprised that Daehyun was here too. I raised an eyebrow. Jae’s face completely changed when he saw Daehyun, but Daehyun fortunately didn’t notice this. All he saw was the younger’s wary face and not the warm, smiley one from before.

“What’s the matter Jae?” he asked. “Um…Nothing Daehyun. Can you help Himchan out?” Youngjae said quickly changing the subject. “With what??” The elder asked “With~…whatever it is he’s doing…I’ll be there soon.” Youngjae said. The elder was reluctant, but gave in anyway, walking over to Himchan. Once Daehyun was gone Youngjae looked at me. “I need to talk to you…Alone.” He looked deeply troubled.

Without another word I slowly stood up and followed Jae to the other end of the camp, where we could talk one on one. “What’s the matter Jae?” I asked a bit worried. What could be bothering him? Nothing really ever gets to him, unless it deals with someone’s life. “It’s about Daehyun.” He said in a hushed tone.

I sat there, listening closely to what he had to say, I probably won’t be much help, but the least I can do is listen. “He’s been acting weird lately. It actually feels like he’s been acting weirdly ever since he was sprayed with gas that one night he went out with Jayde, lee, and Kris.” He began.

“He’s all jumpy and goofy, which I’m glad that he’s not down or anything…but it doesn’t seem like himself. I get this weird feeling that it’s not completely him…and what’s even stranger is that he’s been sneaking off at night. I don’t know where he goes, but I believe he goes to some place.” Youngjae said. I scrunched my brow a bit. “Are you saying that you think he’s meeting with someone?” I said. He slowly nodded. “I don’t know with who though…except…” he didn’t dare finish his sentence.

“Do you think it was him who told whoever where we are?” I said putting two and two together. He slowly nodded seeming a bit scared to do so. “What makes you think that?” I asked knowing that he wouldn’t just assume something like that. This made Youngjae a little nervous as he began to fiddle with his thumbs and bite his bottom lip. “…because…I saw it.” He whispered staring aimlessly at the ground.

“Saw what Youngjae?” I asked, but he didn’t answer, he just shook his head in denial. “Youngjae.” I said resting a hand on his shoulder. He looked at me with large pleading eyes. “Last night…I put a sleeping spell on him so that he wouldn’t go away. I had noticed that he’d been all jumpy and protective whenever someone was near his back, his left side in particular. And he would quickly cover his shoulder.” He began again. “So, I pulled down the left side of his shirt…and what I saw scared me Zelo.” He said his moist eyes shaking. I almost jumped at the word ‘scared’. He wasn’t in character.

“You know the marks members of the DM have? If you looked closely enough.” He asked. I thought for a bit, but nothing came to mind. “It’s a purple diamond with a small hex sign in the middle.” Youngjae said carving it out in the dirt. The shape looked too oddly familiar. Wait a second. “That’s the sign I saw when I was at that snake Lady’s house.” I said now remembering.

Youngjae nodded. “That’s their symbol, everyone in the DM is marked with it.” He explained. “So what about it?” I asked almost too hesitantly. His breathing became shaky as if he were in denial but couldn’t convince himself from the truth. “I-I saw it branded on his left shoulder blade.”