Chapter 7: Buy A Heart

Born Sinner

-Zelo’s POV-

I twisted and turned in my sleep. I felt myself sweating, my heart pounding. My breathing quickened. “No.” I muttered under my breath. “No.” I said again. “No…no…” I tossed some more. “NOOO!!” I screamed shooting up out of my sleep.

I looked around the tent, sweating and out of breath. I saw that Yongguk wasn’t inside the tent. “Yongguk?”

“Yongguk?” my eyes widened. Just then someone rushed into the tent. “Junhong are you okay? What’s the matter? I heard you scream.” It was Yongguk, concern and worry was written all over his face. “Yongguk is that you?” I said. He nodded.

“What’s the matter?” he asked again. “I-I-I had a terrible dream. I had a terrible dream. It was awful.” I said with teary eyes. “Do you want to talk about it?” He asked.

I thought about it. Should I tell him? The dream was about him. And…And something terrible happened to him. Jayde said some of my dreams are useless and may not mean anything. So maybe this one is one of those dreams, maybe it was just a nightmare. “Junhong.” He said interrupting my thoughts.

I slowly shook my head. He just nodded and turned to exit the tent. “Wait!” I snapped. He stopped and looked back at me. “C-C-Can you wait for me? Um…can you not go anywhere without me? Please?” I asked shyly in embarrassment. He just smiled and nodded. I quickly got up and got ready, then left the tent with Bang.

It’s been a couple of days since we arrived at the river bank. We haven’t done much but train, improving on our skills. Honestly it was pretty fun hanging around one another, I didn’t even think that we were here to prepare for a dangerous mission to end the war. Jayde hasn’t even told us any other detail about the war yet.

Also we made it enjoyable playing with each other, joking around, taking it easy. But when it came to training everything was taken seriously, and training meant business. I enjoyed watching the others train. It was always interesting and cool.

I walked closely behind Bang holding onto his arm. I ended up making eye contact with Jayde. She knew about my dream, but I didn’t want to ask her about it. I don’t want to have to worry if it is real. I just want to forget about it all.

We arrived at the river where Jongup was practicing his water magic, Jasmine and Youngjae were practicing their own magic, and where Daehyun was doing some exercises. “Hey! Dae, wanna due?” Bang smirked pulling out his sword. I let go of his arm, letting him walk over to the younger prince. “Of course.” Daehyun smirked as well pulling out his own sword. I sat down, my back against a tree and watched the two duel. I admired Yongguk a lot, he’s so~ good.

I mean, Daehyun is just as good too, but there was just something about Yongguk. Just then two puppies came jumping around me playing with each other. “Puppies?” I questioned confused. I know that Min and Tae are wolves…but where did the pups come from? They looked more like baby wolves. Suddenly one of them transformed into Tae.

“We can transform into wolf pups or just normal wolves.” Tae answered my question seeing the confusion on my face. “Is that even possible?” I questioned. The other pup transformed into Min. “Nope. It’s just a mutation that Tae and I happened to get.” Min answered.

“So…when do you guys use your vampire side?” I asked out of curiosity. “Whenever we’re not in our werewolf state.” Tae simply replied. “See? We’re vampires right now.” Min smiled showing off his fangs. “Oh…” was all I could say. I guess that made sense. The two turned back into baby wolves and continued with their little play time. I went back to watching my older hyungs fight. While watching them fight I started to hear a small cry for help.

No one else seemed to notice. I looked around. “Help!” I heard a small voice squeal. Could it be Youngjae? No, I’m sure Daehyun would have definitely heard him. I looked over at and saw Jasmine and Youngjae still practicing. Youngjae looked completely fine. “Help~! The voice was soft and fragile and sounded distant.

Maybe Tae or Min heard it. I looked over at them and saw the two pups napping. “Help~!” The voice cried in agony. I instinctively got up and started to follow the cry for help.

It led me deeper into the woods away from everyone else. I didn’t realize how far I had walked until the faint cries stopped. Why did the cries suddenly stop?

I looked around me. Where am I? And how did I get here so fast? Is the person safe? Or did I go too far?

I t was completely silent and I was all alone. Even though it was day time it was scary being in the woods alone. “Maybe I should go back.” I thought out loud. But when I turned around to leave, I heard laughter. I froze for a bit and listened carefully.

It sounded like a girl was giggling. I slowly turned back around and carefully followed the giggling which led me beyond the nearby bushes. I hid behind the bushes and found a giggling girl.

She was sitting on a rock beside an elegant, white horse. The girl was completely white, she looked almost like an angel! It was kind of creepy at the same time though. The girl wore a pure white dress up to her knees. She had long flowing white hair with some strands of silver. She had pointy ears. She had really pretty gray eyes. She sat there giggling softly. “Hello there.” She greeted sweetly.

I looked around to see who she was talking to. “I’m talking to you silly.” She giggled some more. I slowly pointed to myself. The mysterious girl nodded. I slowly stood up surprised, yet embarrassed that she caught me watching her in secret. My eyes turned a bright tint of pink at the thought. “W-Were you the one crying for help?” I asked rubbing the back of my head.

The girl looked around and shook her head. “Oh…I thought…I thought I heard someone, um, cry for help.” I said. “Hehehe, you are so cute. No one is in danger here. Why would anyone be?” She giggled. “Oh…was all I could say.

Hm, I wonder if she knows about the Dark magic, or the DM. The girl stopped giggling and just sighed sadly. “…um, what’s wrong?” I asked awkwardly not expecting the change of moods. “…You want to go…don’t you?” she said.

“What makes you say that?” I asked trying to be friendly, she seemed like a sweet girl. “Nothing, I’m just so lonely out here in the woods all by myself. Me and my horse.” She sighed. I don’t know why, but I started to feel sympathy towards her. “What’s your name?” I decided to ask.

“Emerald.” She said. “My name is Zelo.” I introduced holding out my hand for a handshake. A huge smile appeared on her face and she shook my hand with much excitement. “Nice to meet you Emerald. “The pleasure is mine, Zelo.” She said standing up. “…What are you? If you don’t mind me asking.” She said.

The sudden question caught me. I remember Jayde telling me not to go around just telling anyone what I am. I was very hesitant, she seemed really nice but…but I just don’t think I should tell her. “Zelo?” Emerald said. I looked down at her and we made direct eye contact, that’s when I got this really weird feeling.

A feeling that made me trust her, that I could tell her anything and…everything. The feeling was so strong that I couldn’t help myself. “There’s not really a specific name for what I am. But I can control time and I can see into the future and past.” I spilled without hesitation.

“Your kind is really rare.” She said surprised. I nodded. “That means you’re a really good person to have such a gift.” Emerald went on. I blushed a little at the comment. “We can be really close friends!” Her smile was extremely sweet. “Zelo.” She said holding out her hand. I just looked at her.

“Come with me.” She said. “T-To where?” I asked a bit lost, I felt like…almost as if I could control myself or as if I wasn’t in control of myself. She looked at me dead in the eyes. “Just come with me.” She said.

This time I got different feeling, that I should go with her. I slowly reached out and took her hand, still lost. She smiled and slowly guided me through the woods with her horse following behind us with soundless steps.

-Jayde’s POV-

“Awe man, I am so bored!” Lee groaned stretching across the ground. “Then why don’t you go train with the others?” Kris suggested. “Naw, I think I am going to just relax.” Lee said. “Well…okay.” Kris shrugged. “Shouldn’t you be training Kim Himchan?” Lee questioned.

“Yeah, but…I just feel a little out of it today.” Himchan sighed. I sat up and waited. The others should be coming back in 3…2…”Where’s Zelo? Have you guys seen him?” Bang came first with the others following…how predictable.

“Um…no.” Himchan said. “He’s been gone for a while now.” Jasmine said. “Shouldn’t he be back bow now then?” Himchan said. Bang nodded, he looked worried, well he was worried. “Do you think he went out in the woods?” Daehyun asked.

“We’re already in the woods.” Lee remarked. “if he did walk off somewhere, then why would he go alone?” Youngjae questioned. “You guys…It’s not helping whatsoever, you all just asking questions that none of you can answer.” I finally said out of annoyance. They all just looked at me. “Zelo is in trouble.” I told them plainly.

“What?” Prince charming said. “No questions. Let’s just go and get him. I’ll tell you all on the way there.” I said getting up, leaving whether they were ready or not. Kris smiled I me, I knew exactly what he was thinking, I could read his mind. I just continued to walk on, ignoring his thoughts. The others quickly followed.

“Why didn’t you go look for him? Why didn’t you tell us?” Prince charming started rambling on. He was worried about Zelo, how cute. But annoying for me -.- “One, I don’t have to look for him, I already know where he is. Two, I don’t need to report to you.” I simply answered knowing that he would get mad…oh well.

The Bang Yongguk ran up to me. “If you knew he was in trouble, then why didn’t you do anything?” he said angrily through his teeth. Reasoning with him wouldn’t make a difference in the state he was in, so I just said a few simple words, “I’m doing something now.” I poked his chest a little, smiled, and then walked away. Lee snickered to himself.

 

 

 

“Wow…he went far.” Tae remarked after w while of walking. “Oh~, I hope he’s okay.” Min whimpered. Hm, it must be hard to not know anything or much, but then again life is boring knowing nearly everything. Also having every single power in the world means I have to contain my emotions and keep them level, pretty much don’t use them at all. Which isn’t much of a problem since I’ve never really used them. What’s the whole point of having emotions then? If I can’t even use them?

I’m not complaining. What is there to complain about if you’ve never done it? “Come on…Hurry up.” I said running ahead. The others did the same.

I ran over a hill slope arriving at a small castle-like straw built home. Smoke came from the chimney. “This is it?” Jongup questioned. I nodded. “Yeah! They’re in there I can smell his scent along with another one.’ Tae said. “It looks like a nice cozy place.” Jasmine noted. “But it’s not.” I said. “It’s what me and the others call the Snake’s Trap.

“The snake’s trap?” The twins repeated. “Mm hm, it is the home of a very dangerous snake lady. She looks like a sweet young girl with a white horse, but she’s not sweet at all. She roams the forest luring her next victim. Legend has it that the person she is going for will hear a faint call for help. Once the person follows it the cries stop, then they hear giggling, and that’s when they find her…” Kris said treating it like a horror story.

The twins listened intently shivering a little. “Th-Then what happens?” Min squeaked scared of the answer. “She acts friendly and innocent. Then she tells you to come with her. You pretty much don’t have a choice because when you look her in the eyes she can control your emotions, making you follow her home.” Kris said. “A-A-And then what?” Tae barely squeaked holding onto Min’s arm.

“And then…She eats you! Sometimes she eats you alive. Also she sometimes only takes your insides and grind them into a smoothie and hang the rest of you up on the wall like a trophy prize.” Kris finished. The twins hugged each other sacred and shivering in fear. “Oh~, I hope Zelo is okay.” Tae whimpered. “Me too.” Min agreed. Yongguk looked at me, blaming me.

“She’s not going to eat Zelo. She has something else in mind. More beneficial for her.” I said shaking my head. “What is it?” Himchan asked. “She’s going to turn him in. She’s going to hand him over to the DM.” I answered.

“What?! Why?!” Daehyun asked this time. “Because to have someone like Zelo on your side is very advantageous. So they’ll capture anyone like him.” I explained. “Why don’t take someone like you?” Bang grumbled, I knew what he mean.

“Yongguk!” Himchan scolded hitting the other. Lee narrowed his eyes at the human. “Because…no one can catch me….only if I allow them to.” I nearly hissed back. Kris raised his eyebrow at this. Jasmine, Himchan and Daehyun stumbled back.

I quickly stood back up straight composing my anger. “Let’s go.” I said getting back to business.

-Zelo’s POV-

I felt like I was being hypnotized, next thing I could remember was that I was sitting on a couch. It was actually pretty comfy. Seconds later Emerald came back out of her kitchen. “Oh! They should be here soon.” She clapped.

“Who?” I asked curiously. “You’ll see.” She said looking me deep in the eyes. “Would you like something to eat?” Emerald asked me, her talk started to sound more like a hissing sound. I was forced to nod my head. “I havessss ssome hard boiled eggssss.” She said holding up a plate of green-looking boiled eggs.

They didn’t look very appetizing…but I had to accept it. I reached over to take one. “I hope you’re sssleepy.” She chuckled darkly. I saw her tongue slither between her sharp teeth. As I put the egg to my lips there was a sudden burst through the wall. Emerald quickly looked away and I snapped out of it dropping the egg. I looked and saw my friends.

I smiled happy to see them. “Hi you guys.” I greeted. “Zelo! Get away from her!” Yongguk ordered. I looked at Emerald. She looked angry. “…And don’t look her in the eyes!” But it was too late.

She looked me dead in the eyes and I couldn’t move. “No! Don’t eat my friend!” Tae shouted jumping on top of the snake lady. I was abruptly snapped out of again.

My head felt dizzy and woozy. I ended up falling off the couch banging my head against the tea table. I groaned in pain, I already had a headache. I saw Tae attack Emerald as a full-on wolf. “Ugh! Getsss off of me you filthy dog!” Emerald’s voice was no longer sweet, it was rough and vicious.

Himchan ran over to me. “Junhong, are you okay?” he asked me. “I-I think so. Wh-What’s going on?” I asked still feeling a bit woozy. “That lady over there lured you into coming here. She was going to give you to the DM.” Himchan informed. My eyes widened. I remember what Jayde had told me earlier!

Stupid! Stupid! Why did I tell her what I was? “She can control your emotions and feelings whenever you look her in the eyes.” Himchan added.

Tae was thrown hard against the wall. “Let’s go.” Himchan said helping me up. “No!” Emerald screeched suddenly a tail came out from under her dress and wrapped around my waist, squeezing me tight. She dragged me slowly back towards her. I couldn’t do anything! “Himchan!” I yelled reaching my hand out. His eyes widened.

He reached out for my hand, but she squeezed me tighter and whipped Himchan hard onto the couch with the tip of her tail. I started losing oxygen fast. “You’re not going anywhere.” She chuckled. I looked down trying to gasp for air. To my surprise I saw Kris on the ground. He smiled and waved to me hiding in my shadow.

I watched him as he moved across the ground as a shadow onto the wall, behind Emerald. Daehyun ran over to the snake lady about to attack when Emerald snapped her eyes looking him dead in his, and he froze, dropping his sword.

That’s when Kris peeled off the wall and reached over and grabbed her neck choking her. He held on for a while squeezing tight to the point where she was loosening her grip around me and finally she completely released me.

I nearly fell to the ground but Yongguk caught me in time and carried me to the others. I felt something drip down from my forehead, it was…blood.

I looked over at Tae and Min, but they didn’t seem to notice. I felt someone’s eyes on me, I turned and wasn’t surprised to see that it was Lee. The vampire smirked and his lips.

Emerald slammed Kris into the wall, but before he could get squished he turned back into a shadow and made his way back towards us. “We have Zelo. Let’s go.” Yongguk said wrapping my arm around his shoulder to support me. “No…not yet.” Jayde said.

Emerald hissed at us walking closer. Himchan quickly hopped off the couch and grabbed Daehyun, taking him out of the trans. “We have to get rid of her so she can’t report anything to the DM.” Jayde said. “What do we do?” Jasmine asked.

“Himchan.” “Neh?” “Burn this place down.” Jayde ordered. Himchan nodded and bent down to the ground, placing both of his hands on the ground. In an instance the whole entire floor lit on fire spreading rapidly.

“Firesss!!” Emerald hissed shunning. “They hate fire.” Kris informed us. Emerald screamed as the flames began to consume her. Lee, Tae, and Min were the first to leave the home, then Jongup.

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go.” Kris said leaving through the busted hole in the wall and the rest of us followed his lead. “Are you okay?” Yongguk asked me. I slightly nodded, my sides and insides hurt like crazy, and it was still hard to inhale and exhale. I couldn’t even talk. I started to feel even more dizzy.

“Junhong.” Bang said concerned. I slouched over and nearly slipped from his shoulder. Yongguk stopped walking to catch me. My eyes drooped, getting heavy. “Zelo…are you alright? What’s wrong? Talk to me.” Those words were the last words I heard before I out.

-Jayde’s POV-

Himchan set up a campfire and everyone sat around it to talk and eat as usual. “How’s Zelo?” Himchan asked. “He’s better. He’s slept for about three hours and his breathing has gotten better thanks to Jasmine.” Yongguk answered.

“Awe~, it was nothing really, Youngjae could have done it too.” Jasmine blushed at the comment. “Then why didn’t you let him do it?” I heard Himchan grumble. He didn’t like her. “Um…Jayde, I’m sorry…for the way I acted towards you earlier.” Bang apologized sincerely. I just looked at him.

No one has really ever apologized to me that sincerely, expect for Tae and Min. But this was different. I really wasn’t expecting him to apologize.

“I really have no excuse. I was acting like a jerk and being insensitive. Zelo told me, and now I understand that there are some things that you can or cannot do. And that you must keep it on the down-low and wait for the rest of us to catch on. I’m really sorry.” Yongguk said ashamed.

He was actually truly sorry, to the point to where he was even feeling guilty. It brought a strange feeling upon me. “Don’t feel bad. It was just your emotions getting the best of you.” I said looking away from him. I played with a random stick tracing circles in the dirt. “…I’m sorry too…” I said quietly. Everyone froze and looked at me. I ignored the unwanted attention. “I’m sorry for nearly snapping back at you and not maintaining my own emotions properly.

It was silent and I looked up to see the Prince Charming smile at me a little. “I forgive you.” He said. I just looked at him. “Awe~. Jayde actually apologized!” Tae squealed. “She never apologizes!” Min added.

The two got up and started dancing “Come on you guys! Dance! It’s time to celebrate this!” Min said. “Dancing isn’t my style.” Lee said crossing his arms. Daehyun and Jongup stood up and joined them. Tae and Min sang happily, mixing up and jumbling up their words together. “Come on Channie dance with us.” Min said.

Himchan smiled shaking his head. “Oh, no thanks.” He declined. “Awe, come on! Don’t be boring.” Jongup teased. Himchan frowned at the comment. “Come on.” Jongup said taking Jasmine’s hand.

Bang and Youngjae clapped to the beat of the twins’ singing. I couldn’t help but smile a little, a real sincere smile. I tried to hold it back, but I couldn’t. Kris looked up at me studying me. I slowly looked over to him. “What?” I said not reading his mind.

“You have a really nice smile.” He smiled. My smile slowly faded away. I looked away from him. This time Lee looked at me. I didn’t say anything. “He likes you~…” Lee teased. I narrowed my eyes at him. “Do you want me to throw you into the fire? I don’t even have to touch you to do it.” I threatened. “I’m just being honest.” Lee smirked.

Minutes later Zelo came out of his tent and joined us at the campfire. He sat comfortably next to Bang Yongguk, who held him closely. “It’s getting late, and do you know what that means?” Kris said. “What?” The twins asked in unison. “Scary story time.” Kris announced. “Scary story time?? Ooooh~.” The twins said in unison. “Ha! Scary stories are so lame.” Lee scoffed.

“What do you mean?” Kris asked slightly offended. “They aren’t even all that scary.” Lee said. “Oh well, that’s because you haven’t heard a scary story from a Shadow Seeker.” Kris said. “Oh yeah?” Lee said raising an eyebrow not completely convinced. “Yeah…we’ve been everywhere, experienced almost everything. We’re there when we don’t even know it.” Kris smirked.

“I want to hear it.” Youngjae spoke up. “You? Want to hear a scary story?” Daehyun questioned. “Yeah. Why not? We used to tell scary stories back at home with Jiho and the others.” Youngjae informed. “But won’t it be too scary for wittle Youngjae?” Daehyun babied. The mini Youngjae put his hands on his hips.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pwotect you fwom the scawy imaginary monsters.” Daehyun struggled to keep a straight face as he placed Juliet back on his shoulders. “Awe~! Will you protect me too?” Tae asked jumping off of the log he sat on and sat on the ground by Daehyun’s feet. “Me too~!” Min cooed sitting on the other side of Daehyun’s legs.

Daehyun didn’t respond. Yongguk and Zelo laughed at them. “So…Do you guys want to hear a scary story?” Kris asked. The twins nodded. “I don’t really like scary stories, but okay. It’ll be fun.” Jasmine gave in. “Sure.” Jongup shrugged. “Yeah! Zelo clapped. Himchan and Bang nodded. “Alright, I’ll give it a try.” Lee said indifferently. Kris looked at me for a response.

“You want my response?” I asked a little off guard. He nodded. “You’re part of the crew too.” He laughed. I lowered my eyelids in irritation. Well, I know that. I don’t need you to tell me that. “Sure. Why not?” I said plainly. Kris smiled and turned back to everyone else.

“Okay…I have the perfect story. It all takes place right here in this very woods.” Kris began. “Oh, how cliché.” Lee remarked. “What’s a campfire without a scary story about the place you’re camping on?” Kris stated. “The story begins like this, 50 years ago there was a human girl…” Kris began.

The story went on about a girl who met 3 creatures in the woods a vampire, a werewolf, and a teen wizard. I got up in the middle of the story and walked over towards the river. Something else was on my mind…the war.

I honestly don’t know what the outcome of this war will be and I don’t know who the leader behind the DM. More and more towns are being taken over each day that goes by.

It frustrated me how I don’t know certain things, I mean I pretty much know everything, but the things I don’t know are like blurred visions. The only way to get rid of them is to not think about it until it happens. Like for instance, I didn’t see Kris or Jasmine coming.

I stood there staring at the water. I don’t know what the outcome will be, but I know for sure that we have to win. Whether I have to change certain things that weren’t meant to be. But what is it that I need to do? The person I was waiting for came out of the water.

“Am I late?” She laughed. “No, you’re just on time.” I said. “Heh, I guess there’s no such thing as late for you? Isn’t there?” Chaerin. Chaerin is an inspirit, but not one like Taeyeon and Tiffany. She wasn’t a fairy nor is she as small as them, but she’s just a nature inspirit. There are two types of inspirits, pure nature ones like Chaerin and fairy rebels like Taeyeon and Tiffany. “I need your help.” I said quietly.

“Heh?” She said. “I…need…your help.” I muttered even quieter. “What was that?” she teased. I just looked at her. “I know you heard me.” I said. She just laughed. I’ve known her pretty much all my life.

Chaerin is pretty much like an older sister to me, she’s 325 years old, and she’s pretty cool. One of the few people that know about me and aren’t scared of me, the others are Lee, Min and Tae. “What can I do for you?” She asked crossing her arms.

“You’re not going to ask me to join you guys, right?” She checked. “No.” I said. “I just need to know what’s going to help us win this war. I don’t know the outcome, but we have to win.” I said determined.

Chaerin sighed, “Your sister is the one who’ll really be a big advantage if she were to work with you.” I growled at the mentioning of my sister Karina.

“I don’t know where she is.” I mumbled crossing my arms. “Is it that you don’t know or you choose not to know?” Chaerin questioned. “That’s not the point.” I answered. “All I’m saying is that it’s going to be harder for you to gain an advantage because your nature is dark. And Karina’s…is good.” Chaerin said.

“I don’t believe in all that dark by nature and good by nature stuff. I believe you have a choice between good and evil.” I said. “Jayde, but for you, because of what you are, it’s different. You may have some problems by going against your nature. Like…not being able to control your emotions.” She said.

I took a deep breath and looked out into the river. “I’ll be able to handle it.” I said. I’ve lived for 120 years, I’m pretty much a master at it.

“Okay well, if you want to win or at least not lose…” Chaerin began. She plucked a few acorns from the tree and held them out in the palm of her hand. “…you need unity, like nature. If you all work together well this way, then you’ll be strong. But if you don’t and you separate instead.” Chaerin crushed he acorns and dropped them onto the ground. Seconds later squirrels came and snatched the crumbs. “It’ll lead to your own destruction.” She said dusting her hands off. I nodded in understand.

“How’s the group?” Chaerin asked changing the subject. “They’re exactly how I expected.” I remarked. Chaerin just smiled. “Except for the two extras, who I didn’t see coming. Jasmine and Kris.” I added. “You’ll do well. I know it.” Chaerin said patting my back. “Well, it seems like someone is looking for you. I can feel them. So I’ll be off now. See ya! She said and with that she dived back into the water. I shook my head.

Seconds later, Bang Yongguk joined me. “Nice view, huh” Prince charming said. “You want something. Hm?’ I said. “Oh yeah, almost forgot that you know almost everything.” He said scratching the back of his head awkwardly. “Don’t lie. You didn’t forget.” I smiled lightly. He smiled back. “Um…Well, I have a question.” He said getting awkward again. “I know.” I said.

“Um, can you just uh, tell me the answer since you know what I’m going to ask? It’s kind of awkward saying it out loud.” He said. “No.” I simply said. He looked a little surprised. “Wh-Why not?” He asked. “Because I want you to say it out loud. We have mouths and ears to communicate with for a reason. So why not use them?” I said.

“Also it’s more meaningful when you say it.” I smiled slightly to him in assurance. He slowly nodded. “Well…I don’t know how to say this but…I…I um…” I waited for him to finish. “…I really like Zelo-ah and I know he likes me too, but I’m not sure if it’s the same ‘like’, as I like him. If…that makes sense.” He confessed. “So I was wondering what I should…do.” He finally finished. I tried hard not to laugh or look amused.

“First of all I am not going to tell you how he feels about you or tell him how you feel about him, because that’s between you two. Second, why are you asking me for advice? What makes you think I’ll give you any?” I questioned.

“I don’t want to mess anything up, and I figured talking to would help me get to know you better. We need to know each other if we’re going to work together.” He explained. I nodded, somewhat impressed. “But that’s a touchy subject.” I remarked. “But you already know about it.” He retorted.

I just slightly nodded. ‘”The only advice I can give you is to go with what you feel is right. If you really like him. Then I say go for it. Remember, not everyone can share or have the same feelings you have.” I said plainly. Bang nodded in thought. “Thanks…that makes sense.” He said excited. “Mm hm, um, let’s go back to the camp.” I said feeling uneasy.

“What’s the matter?” he asked following behind me. “Nothing.” I lied, looking over my shoulder, seeing a fire form at the spot where we were talking. I held my hand out and bent the water over and put out the fire. Yongguk looked back as well. “How did that-,” “Hurry up.” I interrupted grabbing his wrist running back to camp before anything else happened.

When we arrived back at the camp Kris finished up his story. “What happened to the…vampire?” Tae asked. “And the werewolf?” Min asked. The two shivered terrified, both clinging onto Daehyun’s legs, who also was shivering in fear as well.

“No one…knows.” Kris said. “So watcha think?” he turned to Lee. “It was alright. Better than what I expected. You did good.” Lee said plainly. I smirked to myself. He’s scared. I walked over to the other side and made a tent appear. “Jayde.” Bang said.

I turned around and saw him right behind me. “What?” I said. “Are you okay” he asked concerned. “Yeah…I’m fine…I’m just…tired.” I lied and quickly entered my tent. I quickly zipped up the opening and scooted backwards.

I realized that I had been breathing quickly and slowed down my breathing. I took a deep breath. “Calm down Jayde…Calm down.” I closed my eyes and sat there inhaling and exhaling at a steady pace trying to compose myself and gather my emotions.

That was close, I have to be careful…more careful. How could I let my emotions leak? Even a little! Even though that’s nice what he feels for Zelo, I can’t feel happy about it, not even the slightest, I have to remain neutral! It won’t happen again…It won’t.

However, there was some doubt lingering in the back of my mind.

 

 

 

The very next day everyone returned their same routine as yesterday. Everyone went by the river to train, while Lee, Kris, Himchan and I stayed at the camp. “Shouldn’t you be training with the others?” Lee asked Himchan.

“Shouldn’t you be training to?” Kris retorted to Lee. “I already trained. Last night. I don’t train during the day.” Lee answered. “Really? Me too.” Kris said. Lee didn’t argue, they both work best in the dark and at night.

“Maybe…I can train at night with you guys.” Himchan suggested. The two studied him. “What?” Himchan questioned. “Um…Himchan, your powers work best during the day where the sun is out.” I told him. Plus you need your sleep. It looks like you haven’t been sleeping for a while.” Lee added. Himchan just sighed.

“Why don’t you practice with the others?” Kris said. Himchan looked away and rest his head against his hand and sighed again. “I’m sure it’s not that bad. Come on. I’ll go with you.” Kris smiled grabbing Himchan’s wrist, pulling him up, dragging him away.

I pitied the poor guy. He really is going through something without even talking to anyone about it. He’s really being hard on himself. He feels like he’s being childish and selfish, but from my point of view he isn’t. He just doesn’t understand. Poor guy.

There was a sudden rumble of the ground. “Whoa!” Lee said shaking off the log he was resting on. I quickly snapped out of it and the mini earthquake stopped.

“Jayde…was that…you?” Lee said rubbing his behind. “Ugh!” I stood up and walked to the other side into my tent.