Chapter 39: Warrior

Born Sinner

Daehyun, Lee, and Jongup were the first ones to arrive to the front of the palace. Then Himchan and the twins, followed by Bang and Kris who made it a few minutes later. “Were you guys attacked too?” Kris immediately asked, receiving head nods from everyone. “And did they disappear out of nowhere too?” Lee asked. Tae and Min nodded rapidly.

“Lee what happened to your cheek?” Kris asked. “Nothing.” The vampire grumbled.

“Something is up.” Himchan stated. “Why is everyone panicking?” Jongup asked.

“There’s an army on their way here and they’re not far. They’re probably at the gate right now.” Lee explained.

Himchan’s, Tae’s, and Daehyun’s eyes slightly widened. “Don’t worry, we’ll take them down and protect the citizens that are left here.” Kris encouraged.

“Where’s Junhong and Youngjae?” Bang asked.

“Who?” Lee questioned, not recognizing one out of the two names. “That’s Zelo.” Min informed the elder vampire.

“They went to look for Karina.” Jongup answered. Bang nodded. He didn’t have a good feeling at all.

 

 

The Moonlight Bay guards finally clashed with the large Dark Magic army, prevented them from going any further. Youngjae muttered a spell that forced gravity to pull Aires backwards.

The vampire did several front flips, changing her center of gravity to get closer to them.

Zelo took out 3 star blades and threw them into the air and used his telekinesis to shoot them at her.

Aires easily dodged the sharp weapons. She then jumped high in the air and stuck her foot out as she came back down, kicking Zelo in the face, forcing his head to snap to the side. The spell wore off and Aires was able to throw in a few more kicks.

Zelo was barely able to dodge them as he was forced to use his hands to block some of the kicks from hitting his face.

While the younger was distracted Aires pulled out a knife about to it into his stomach, when the knife turned into black ooze, melting in her hand. She glared at Youngjae.

She threw a sharp blade at him, but he held out his hand and the blade turned into yellow dust. Zelo couldn’t help but smile at how much the mage had improved and how quick he was. “Looks like I have to get rid of you first.” Aires said a bit annoyed.

She kicked Zelo in the stomach, pushing him to the side as she turned to the mage.

Youngjae stood firm, not intimidated. But before the mage could do anything, Aires used her vampiric strength to throw a double steel-ball bola full speed at him. The bola instantly wrapped tightly around Youngjae’s wrists.

Youngjae struggled to break free from the steel chain. He was about to mutter another incantation but Aires held a dagger to his throat, preventing him speaking.

“No!” Zelo panicked. He quickly used this telekinesis to pull the blade back away from Jae’s throat. The mage stole the opportunity to take a step back and kick Aires in her hip, forcing her to loosen her grip on the dagger and Zelo was able to throw it out of her hand with his powers, cutting her hand in the process.

“You guys are starting to get irritating.” She threw a rope double-ball bola at Youngjae, wrapping around his mouth as a gag and threw a steel one wrapping around Zelo’s wrists. “You know what. Let me get rid of you first instead.” She turned back to Zelo and threw 3 knives at him.

However, the knives never reached him as Bang stepped in the way, blocking them with his sword.

A smile curled on Aires’s lips. “Nice to see you again. Are you here to play too?” She winked.

The new born glared at her, he knew something was up.

He quickly cut the chain around Zelo’s wrist with his sharpened han sword. “Ooooh~ somebody got a new toy I see.” Aires said as Bang faced her again.

Zelo ran to Youngjae to untie the rope and chain. Aires turned to stop him, but Yongguk pulled the back collar of her shirt, forcing her back.

Aires only smiled at him. “I would love to play rough with you, but I have a small quest to fulfill.” She shoved him away but he grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back. “I can’t let you do that.” He said in her hear.

The vampire only smirked. She kicked him in his knee, forcing him to loosen his grip as she quickly slipped out of it and pulled out two Sais from her back pockets. “I’ll have you know that I let you win last time.” She said a smirk never leaving her lips and with that the two clashed.

Zelo was finally able to get the chains off of Youngjae’s wrist. “Should we help him?” Youngjae said, seeing as the two vampires fight each other. “Mm, I think he’s got it.” Zelo smiled. “Plus you need to save your magic.” Zelo reminded him.

Aires thrashed her Sais at the new born. Yongguk blocked them with his sword. “We should probably get back to the others. It seemed like Aires was after us.” Zelo said to the elder. Youngjae nodded and took one last glance back at the gate before following behind Zelo.

Aires tried to go after them but Bang blocked her path. The female vampire then jumped up and pushed her foot off from Yongguk’s shoulder in an attempt to jump over him, but the new born immediately grabbed her leg and swung her backwards towards the gate.

Aires landed harshly on her feet, sliding back. Without wasting another second she ran at Bang her Sais out. Bang prepared to block her attacks. However, instead of swinging, Aires kicked Yongguk’s sword out of his hand and swung her two Sais at him. Bang bent backwards and grabbed her wrists preventing her from stabbing him.

“Oh…You’ve gotten stronger.” She said. “You can thank me for that.” She said her lips.

Bang growled and twisted her wrists outward before pushing them away from him as he stood up. Aires tossed her Sais to the side. “No more toys.” She smirked slyly.

 

Daehyun was relieved when he saw Youngjae and Zelo return unharmed. “Where’s Bang?” Kris asked. “He’s fighting Aires.” Zelo reported. Kris raised an eyebrow at this.

“Aires was with you guys?” He asked. The two nodded.

“There’s a huge Dark Magic army right outside the gate.” Zelo immediately announced, earning head nods from the others. “Lee told us.” Jongup informed the confused maknae. “But it looks like the guards are holding them off well.” Youngjae reported. “Good.” Lee nodded.

“Now it’s time to find that .” The vampire growled. “She’s supposed to be the leader. Then why won’t she show herself instead of having other people do her dirty work.” He growled angrily. “You’re going to regret saying that.” A voice suddenly said.

The 9 of them slowly turned around, recognizing the voice. They looked up to see the Sphinx standing on the roof of the large palace, staring down on them. She was dressed in all white, her white trench coat blew gently against the wind. “Try me!” Lee barked angrily.

“Lee calm down.” Kris said placing his hand on the vampire’s shoulder.

“You should listen to your friend.” Karina said, earning a glare from the Shadow Seeker. “I’m not here to fight you. I’m here to give you an offer.”

“Why?! Are you afraid to get your hands dirty?!” Min barked this time, but the Sphinx ignored him. “I’m giving you an offer for your sake. You guys have so much hope that it’s sad. I would hate to see you crash and burn. After all my nature is good.” She began.

“There is no once of goodness in your bones.” Kris sneered.

“I’m here to give you the opportunity to join me. Join me and all of you will be safe. I’ll give you the highest positions in the new world that I create. Karna offered.

“Why would we ever join you?” Himchan said.

“I don’t know. I just thought, since some of your parents did.” Karina said, her eyes dragging over to Youngjae and Daehyun.

Youngjae glared at her, not considering that man to be his father. Daehyun looked away shamefully.

Zelo looked at her curiously, thinking about the dram he never go to finish.

“Why are you asking us to join you when you know our loyalty to Jayde?” Kris asked suspiciously. Karina shrugged about to say something but Lee beat her to it. “Let’s stop talking all this bull and come down here and fight us!” he snapped.

“She’s asking us…because she doesn’t know how this battle is going to end. She doesn’t know who’s going to win.” Zelo said in realization.

Karina slightly narrowed her eyes at him. “That’s why you had me kidnapped!” Zelo accused. “It doesn’t matter. You’re going to lose no matter what. None of you are strong enough to defeat me.” Karina brushed off.

“Don’t doubt us so soon.” Kris urged.

“I’m going to take it that you’ve turned down my offer. How sad? Oh well.” Karina’s irises glowed gold and small dust-like, gold particles began to form around her. She held out her hand and the particles spread out fast and wide, attaching themselves to each and every guard.

Karina let out a slight smirk and the guards were suddenly electrocuted, falling onto their knees. They cried out in pain as the intensity of the shock grew and grew until all of the guards passed out. Dead.

“If you want to fight me, then you’ll have to come up here to me.” She said. At that moment the large gate came crumbling down. The army roared and ran inside the Kingdom, invading the city. “Good luck. I’ll be waiting.” She smiled.

Lee was about to run to the palace when he was suddenly shot in the arm by an arrow. “What the?” he yanked the arrow out of his arm. He looked up to see the large army marching towards them only 30 feet away. “How the did they get here so fast?!” He spat. Everyone pulled out their weapons, ready to fight.

Kris and Himchan stepped to the front.

Kris bent down and placed his hands on the ground and collected the shadows of the soldiers in the first 2 rows. Himchan bent down and lit the collected shadows on fire. Kris then released the shadows allowing them to attack their owners.

The victims cried out in pain and broke their formation, trying to run from their deadly shadows.

Youngjae then stepped up and muttered a spell.

The clothes of the next row of soldiers began to twist and tie around them tightly, preventing the soldiers from moving. Zelo stepped up as well and used his telekinesis to lift the weapons of the tied soldiers and stabbed them with their own weapons, actually killing a few of them.

Karina snapped her fingers and the burning shadows quit chasing their owners and the tied up soldier’s clothes unraveled. Youngjae’s father held out his sword. “Get them!” he yelled and the army all charged at them.

Daehyun, Lee, and Jongup stepped in front of the 4 and pulled out their swords and cut down their oncoming opponents.

 

Bang lost Aires to the army of Dark magic members that swarmed the city.

The vampire grabbed his sword and cut down the soldiers that came near him. He ran back towards the direction of the palace to get to the others. However, an armed goblin jumped in his path.

Bang groaned in pure annoyance. “I’m really getting tired of seeing you guys.”

The goblin charged at him, swinging the large spiked steel rod at him. Bang swiftly stepped to the side, dodging the dangerous weapon. He stole his turn and swung his sword only to have it blocked by the Goblin’s.

Bang raised a slight eyebrow at this and kicked the goblin hard in its chest. Then he side kicked the shorter creature in the head, forcing it to drop its shield. Without wasting a single second Yongguk stabbed the goblin in its chest, killing it.

Bang pulled out his sword and bent down to pick up the shield. “This might be useful.”

He continued to run towards the palace, but he didn’t get far when another group of Dark Magic members blocked his path. Bang observed his opponents. Well at least none of them are goblins. A human shot an arrow at him but he easily blocked it with his newly found shield.

 

Lee killed off his opponents with ease, since most of the ones that came after him were humans. He stabbed one of his victims in his heart with a dagger and kicked his limp body away.

A goblin ran up behind him but he threw three ninja stars back at the creature without bothering to turn around. Jongup came and finished off the goblin, cutting its neck with his Sais.

Four soldier gathered together and charged at Lee, their weapons pointed at the vampire. Lee stiffened his stance and bent over a little.

Jongup ran up behind him and pressed his foot against the vampire’s back, jumping off from, high in the air.

He took the moisture from the air and turned them into thick ice shards and sent them flying to the four soldiers before landing stylishly on his feet. The shards went right into the soldiers, forcing them to collapse on the ground.

 

A women charged at Min. She transformed into a full grown werewolf and pounced on the hybrid. Min fell on his back as he wrestled with the heavy wolf.

Pressing his cold hands against the beast's paws, Min kicked the wolf in the stomach with both his feet, and forced her off of him.

The werewolf landed on her paws and growled at Min who hissed back. She ran back at Min, but Himchan reached down and set the ground beneath her on fire. She whimpered at the burning sensation.

Min stole the chance and threw a throwing knife dead at her neck, taking her out of her misery.

A vampire snuck up behind Himchan however he didn't get far when werewolf Tae leaped and chomped the vampire's side, tackling on top of him before sinking his teeth deeper and tearing the flesh.

 

Zelo carefully used his telekinesis to use the soldier's weapons against them.

He took a soldier's pocket knife and accidentally stabbed him in the eye, meaning to stab him in the chest.

"Sorry." Zelo winced at the man's scream.

"Don't be sorry. He had it coming." Kris chuckled, kicking a goblin away that tried to jump at Zelo.

"I know but still." Zelo frowned. The man ran around screaming.

"Aren't you going to put him out of his misery?" Kris questioned. "You can do it." Zelo said.

Kris pulled out a throwing knife from his pocket. He closed one eye focusing on the moving man, before throwing the knife in the man's heart.

"Bull's eye!" Kris cheered. Zelo shook his head, not understanding how the elder could see this as a game.

 

Youngjae casted spells from left to right, preventing the evil creatures from getting near him. He was actually surprised by how fast he was able to act, no one could touch him. Several arrows were shot at him from afar, but he quickly muttered an incantation and the deadly weapons turned into sticks and dropped to the ground.

Mr.Yoo watched his son carefully from afar. "You're just like your mother eh?" he said aloud. "I know just how to stop that." The man smiled crookedly, taking out a small bottle of poison.

He started stealthy towards Youngjae, but the bottle was suddenly kicked out of his hand and he was immediately punched in the face. "Don't you dare get near Youngjae." Daehyun narrowed his eyes, stepping in front of him.

The man scoffed. "Move boy. I'm not here for you."

"If you want to get to Youngjae you have to get through me first. I'm not letting you touch him again." The Jung prince threatened.

The man growled in annoyance. "I'll take you out just as easily." he spit to the side and swung first. Daehyun blocked the attack, standing his ground. He was determined to pay Mr.Yoo for all the harm he caused Youngjae.

 

Bang backed up, surrounded by two Incubi. He observed the situation carefully, looking for the best opportunity to attack the strong creatures.

The first Incubus flew at him and whipped his tail at the vampire squeezing it around his wrist. And forced him to drop his sword.

Bang used his strength to pull his arm back and sunk his fangs into the Incubus's tail. The creature screeched in pain and released its grip.

Before Bang could take even a step, the second Incubus swooped down and kicked him in the jaw, snapping his head to the side.

The Incubus continued to move without giving Bang the chance to take a breath. The creature wrapped his tail around Bang's waist and threw him up in the air. The other Incubus then flew up and grabbed his neck and slammed him down into the earth.

Bang groaned in pain at the impact. He tried to fight the Incubus's grip, whose hand was still around his neck, squeezing tighter and tighter. The Incubus pressed his knees against Yongguk's thighs preventing him from using his legs. The second Incubus hovered over them, ready to react if the vampire tried anything.

Bang struggled as he began to lose oxygen. His movements began to slow down as he clawed harder and harder. Desperately. I can't die. They need me. I have to protect Junhong. I have to make it up to Jayde.

At that moment the Incubus suddenly released his grip.

Bang looked up to see that both Incubi had arrows stuck deep in their spines and they were collapsed on the ground.

He gasped for air, quickly sitting up to catch his breath. He looked over to the side and spotted 5 masked strangers standing only a few feet away from him.

Bang's eyes widened in disbelief as two of the strangers pulled down their mask.

“Natasha? Yongnam?” He stumbled to his feet. His two elder siblings smiled at him. “Having trouble there?” Natasha said, placing her arrows back.

“You guys are okay.” Yongguk said in mere disbelief but ultimate relief.

“Unfortunately there’s not much time for a reunion.” Yongnam reminded. Yongguk nodded in understanding.

“We’re here to help. This is Namjoon and Yuri. She said she knows your friend Youngjae.” Yongnam introduced the other guy and the little girl who kept their mask on. “And this is Lex.” Natasha introduced the last girl, who also kept her mask on. Bang furrowed his brow at the last girl introduced. She looked familiar, but he didn’t have time to think much about it as Yongnam tossed his sword back to him.

“And we brought someone else with us.” He said as he and Natasha stepped out of the way to let the sixth person through.

“Dr.Sunhi?” Bang was surprised. The doctor nodded firmly.

“So, what do we do?” Yongnam questioned.

Yongguk became serious again. “We need to get to the others. They’re right in front of the palace.” “We’ll follow you.” Yongnam said. “And let’s take out some of these guys on the way.” Natasha added, shooting an arrow at a goblin that tried to sneak up behind Yongguk.

 

The group of 9 was slowly being pressured into a circle as the army closed in on them. “There’s…too many of them.” Zelo breathed heavily as his nose began to bleed.

“Don’t push yourself too much. I got your back.” Kris said punching a vampire in its face. “I’m going to keep fighting.” Zelo urged, ducking another vampire, falling onto his knees in the process.

“Hey Zelo. Are you okay?” Kris asked concerned. “We can’t keep fighting like this. We need to get to Karina.” Zelo said forcing himself back to his feet.

Kris looked around to see that the younger was right. Although the others were fighting hard, they were starting to get tired and there were still a ton more soldiers to fight. He made eye contact with Karina who smirked down at him.

“What happened to your plan to try to annoy me huh? What happened to all of those plans you so hopefully made?” She questioned. Kris glared at her.

Karina laughed. “I know you’re every little plan, every scheme. You really thought you could try to get to me, but u can’t even touch me.” She went on. “This is much more entertaining than I thought it would be.

 

Jongup swung at a snake woman but missed. His widened as he found himself in a vulnerable position.

Lee threw a pearl dagger straight in the snake creature’s neck, forcing her to fall to her knees as her skin turned gray and began to crack. “Thanks.” Jongup thanked breathlessly.

“We need to get Karina. They’re getting stronger because of her. She’s reviving them.” Lee said getting annoyed by the goblin that came at him for a third time after defeating the creature twice already. The snake creature’s skin immediately returned back to its normal color and the cracks vanished. She stood back on her feet facing Jongup. “Great.” He murmured.

 

Youngjae was beginning to feel dizzy. He need to stop. The mage bumped into Himchan as he stumbled over after casting his last spell. “Youngjae, are you okay?” Himchan asked him.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Youngjae said, standing up. But the elder only looked at him unconvinced. “…there’s just a lot of them.” Youngjae said. “And they keep coming back.”

Himchan nodded in agreement. They both jumped out of the way as 2 arrows were sent flying their way.

 

Min kicked a goblin in its face. Another goblin jumped on his back. The hybrid easily peeled off the hideous creature and threw him into the other goblin. Before he could do anything else a large group of goblins tackled him to the ground, oiling on top of him.

 

Tae whimpered as his leg was grazed by a succubus’s fangs. Tae tried to snap back at her but was yanked backwards by his fir, by a vampire. He was growing weaker the closer it came to sunset.

“Somebody needs to help Tae so he can transform soon.” Kris reminded.

“I’ll go.” Zelo said, about to run to the werewolf, but his path was quickly cut off by a large group of soldiers. He felt his energy drain in discouragement. He could have sworn that he just dealt with all of these guys already.

 

Just then screams were heard from afar as soldiers were suddenly being dragged into the ground, completely disappearing.

A vampire charged at Youngjae. He was about to cast a spell when the man suddenly sunk into the earth. He stood there confused.

Kris kicked at his opponent only for his foot to make contact with the air.

“What the?” Kris looked around seeing that his opponent was nowhere to be found. Instead, somebody else appeared from the ground, changing from a shadow to a human. “We figured you’d need help.” Tao smirked.

 

The succubus flew up in the air and dashed down at full speed towards Tae. However, before she could hit him she was met with a hard punch, forcing her to tumble to the side. Suho dusted his hands off in satisfaction, although he preferred not to get his hands dirty.

“What are you guys doing here? How did you?” Kris was in shock seeing his friends all reveal themselves. “Sorry we’re late.” Kai apologized as he and Kyungsoo appeared next to Youngjae.

“Suho, with his motherly instincts, had a bad feeling.” Xiumin teased as he and Chen covered Himchan.

Suho rolled his eyes. “After fighting off the DM that attacked the camp we heard about the army heading to Moonlight Bay and that it was bigger than any of the other Dark Magic armies. So we decided to come and help you guys. And it looks like you need it.” Suho explained.

“The entire camp decided to join in. Most of them are fighting off soldiers by the entrance and some of the others are getting lost citizens to safe places.” Lay informed.

Kris couldn’t help but smile at this. His friends were the best.