Chapter 12: Lovesick

Born Sinner

-Daehyun’s POV-

“Morning Youngjae~…” I cooed waking up the next morning. Youngjae was still sleeping. He looked so cute sleeping, even as a tiny person he still looked adorable. “Where were you last night?” he asked his eyes still closed.

“Who? Me?” I teased a little. He slowly and sleepily opened his eyes. “Mm hm…” was his response. “What? No Good Morning?” I smiled. “Good…Morning Daehyun.” He yawned. His mouth looked so tiny when he yawned. “Now will you answer my question?” he asked with large eyes like a little child.

I just shrugged. “Nowhere really, we stayed in the woods and just fought some people from the DM. We won, by the way.” I said. “Did everyone go?” “No. Just Jayde, Lee, Kris and I.” I answered. “Oooh~…” was all he said. There was silence between us.

“Ready?” he said standing up, sliding down the pillow, landing safely onto the ground. I sat up as well. “Looks like you’re getting handy and around with your size.” I said, it sounded sadder than I expected. “Mm hm. I’m actually getting used to it.” He said dodging behind the pillow to change. “Oh.”

“Honestly, I kind of don’t mind being this small. It’s fun in a way. I wouldn’t mind if it were to be a long time until I turn back to normal.” He said coming out once he finished changing. “B-But you would choose to go back to normal if you had the chance to. Right?” I don’t know why I stuttered.

“Yeah. Of course.” He smiled. “That’s all I needed to hear.” I smiled holding my hand out for him to get on and exited the tent.

Even though Youngjae is cute and all, being tiny and that I can take him everywhere with me, I really wanted him to be turned back to normal. I missed giving him hugs and kisses, and playing with him. I can still do things with him now, but not a lot because I don’t want him to get hurt, though he says he’ll be fine. But I can’t help but not want to risk anything.

Everyone was huddled in a circle looking at something. “What’s going on?” I asked joining the group. “Looking at a map.” Tae answered like an innocent child. “And?” I questioned. “I don’t know. I can’t read maps. I use my sniffer and vampire senses to get around.” Tae said pointing to his nose. “The explosion from last night cut off our original path to the DM’s layer. So we have to take a different path.” Kris said.

“Oh?” I raised an eyebrow. “Lee and I went this morning to check it out. It’s really bad. And there’s two paths we’re trying to decide on.” Kris further explained. “It’s hard to choose though, because one of the paths is extremely long and will put us way behind schedule.”

“Then why not choose the other one? It looks shorter.” I said pointing the other option out. “That one is really dangerous. It’s dark and has vicious animals prying in each dark corner. We can go, but we just can’t take as many breaks and it can’t be too long of a break. Also it’s still a pretty long path.” Jayde joined us. “Oooh…Then let’s go through the longer one.” I suggested.

“Or we can just cut right through between this path and the dangerous path, we’ll just have to stay closer to this one.” Youngjae spoke up jumping from my hand onto the map. Jayde smiled, happy that someone realized it other than her.

“Oh wow! Yeah. I see it. I guess we’ll look over it again later.” Kris said as Lee folded the map up. “Where’s Jongup?” jasmine asked noticing that he wasn’t here. “Oh yeah…She doesn’t know.” Lee smirked cheekily. “Doesn’t know what?” she questioned. “Hm?” Lee said pretending not to hear her. “What is it that I don’t know??”

“Mm hm?” he responded. “Ugh…I should know better than to ask you.” She said annoyed. “You got that right.” Lee said walking away. “Jongup is in the tent with Himchan.” Bang told her. “Oh? They made up already?” She said not expecting that. “I think they did more than make up.” I snickered teasingly. Kris snickered as well. Yongguk elbowed me in my side. “Ow~, what? I’m just saying. They’re together now…” I said rubbing my side. Yongguk shook his head. “Oh…They’re together?” Jasmine said.

I nodded. “Oh. Well…That’s great!” She said forcing a smile. It seemed like she had a special interest in Jongup. Poor child, I thought to myself. Jongup always liked Himchan, no one else. Jongup was nice and friendly to her, but he never flirted with her. Hmm…that’s strange that he didn’t though. Maybe he thought that she would take him seriously and he probably didn’t want anything to happen since we would all be together for a while. Smart, I guess. “If they’re happy then why are they still in the tent?” Min asked with pouting lips.

“Do they not like us anymore?” Tae asked his bottom lip quivering. “No. they just want their alone time.” I told them. “Why can’t they have their alone time with us?” Min asked with large eyes. “’Cause, then they wouldn’t be alone.” I said. “Oh. That make sense. I want to try this ‘alone time’ thing. If they like it then it must be fun.” Min concluded.

“Uh…I don’t think it works that way.” Kris said. “Youngjae-ah~…” Min bent down to him. “Yes Min?” the said person answered. “Will you spend some alone time with me?” Min asked with puppy eyes. My mouth dropped open. Yongguk and huge cheeky smiles on their faces.

Youngjae blushed a little, “Min, I uh…alone time isn’t what you think it is…it’s uh...” Youngjae was lost for words, which I didn’t understand when there was only one word he need to say, NO. “Pleasee~.” Min said his puppy eyes growing larger.

“I-I c-can’t…” Youngjae’s voice faded as Min’s eyes grew even larger. Youngjae sighed, “Oh Alri-,” I quickly cut him off by picking him up, and covering his mouth. “Hey!” Min spat. “You can’t be alone with him.” I said. Min stood up. “Yuh huh…he’s not yours.” Min argued.

A huge smile came across my face. “Actually…he is.” I said. Min was speechless. “Yeah…unfortunately he’s right.” Bang admitted. “Oh…I’m sorry.” Min apologized with a small pout. “It’s okay little one. I’ll let it go this time, since you didn’t know.” I said patting his head. Youngjae rolled his eyes at me. “TaeTae, will you spend some alone time with me?” Min asked.

“But I don’t want to be alone with you.” Tae simply said. Min frowned, “Why not?” “Because, what are you supposed to do when you’re alone?” Tae asked. “I don’t know. That’s why I want to try it.” His twin answered. He thought for a bit.

“If it gets boring, then we can leave and do something else.” Min promised. “Fine.” He gave in. “Yay!” Min cheered taking Tae by the wrist pulling him towards their tent.

“Huh…well, I am going to practice.” Jasmine said walking away. “We train every day. We should just…relax.” Kris said laying down on the ground with his eyes closed. “Let’s make today more interesting…hm?” Lee said coming back, his lips as if he just ate something. Kris peeked one eye open. “Interesting you say?”

Lee nodded. “I’m listening.” Kris said. “How about we just fight each other. No rules no nothing. Except for don’t kill each other.” Lee said. “Yeah~…” Kris smiled nodding.

No rules? What about us? We can’t heal in like 30 seconds like you guys.” I butted in. “Oh yeah…I forgot you and Prince Charming are humans.” Lee grumbled. But then he perked back up. “I have an idea.” He said walking towards us. “How about we just fix that little Human problem. Eh?” He sounded a little more devious than usual as his teeth extended.

But before he could pounce on Yongguk and I, Jayde held her hand out and he froze, and he remained frozen. “You are not going to turn them into vampires.” Jayde said. Even though he was frozen we saw him pout a little.

“What?! You were going to turn us into…Vampires?!” I spat once Jayde unfroze him. Lee just shrugged. “Just a thought.” He grumbled. “Maybe we can play hide and seek and test our stealth skills.” Kris said.

“Did you just come up with that?” Zelo spoke up. Kris nodded. “Wow. That’s a good way of putting it.” The younger nodded impressed. Kris smiled proudly. “Eh…I guess that’s alright…I can also just scare you guys while we play.” Lee shrugged. I looked at the vampire weirdly as if bunny ears grew out of his head.

“Yeah, that sounds like fun.” Zelo agreed. “Sure.” Bang gave in. “Okay…but wouldn’t Jayde already know where we are? And know where the seeker won’t look?” Youngjae pointed out. “She doesn’t have to play.” Lee said. Jayde growled a little from where she was, in annoyance. “I didn’t want to play anyways. Besides, I can always choose not to know.” She grumbled childishly.

“Do you want to play Noona?” Kris cooed talking to her like a child. “Sure, whatever.” She grunted folding her arms. “But wait! Isn’t it dangerous?” I spoke up. Everyone looked at me. “You know. With other creatures. We can bump into anyone.” I said. Youngjae groaned in slight annoyance.

“Just don’t let yourself get killed. Fight ‘em off if you have to.” Lee smirked. Of course. “The woods is pretty big though. Someone could get lost.”” Zelo said thinking about it. “We’ll just use the buddy system.” Kris suggested. “I call being with Youngjae!” I claimed quickly. Youngjae just looked at me with a raised eyebrow as if to say ‘Really?’ “Other than your tent buddy.” Lee said.

“I call being with Youngjae!” Zelo cheered. I narrowed my eyes at the younger. How dare he?! To my surprise a slight smirk came across his face as he stuck his tongue out at me. Oh how childish. “No. The tiny one is coming with me.” Jayde said.

No one could argue with her, so she got what she wanted. I don’t mind my little Jae being with her, she’s cool and she saved my life, and she’ understands that Youngjae and I must be together. I stuck my tongue back out at Zelo.

Lee smiled. “Then I guess I’ll be partners with Princess here.” The vampire said wrapping his arm around Zelo’ shoulders, who blushed a little, more scared than embarrassed. Bang looked at Lee not showing much emotion. I wonder what he was thinking. “I guess the 3 of us will be together by default.” Kris said. We just nodded.

“Who’s the seeker?” Youngjae asked. “Mmmm…I will.” Kris offered. “I’ll just catch up with the two of you once I find someone.” Kris said. “Okay then…let’s start.” Lee said grabbing Zelo, disappearing into the bushes in seconds. “I’ll give you guys 20 seconds to hide.” Kris said closing his eyes and began counting. I quickly handed Jae to Jayde before running off with Bang.

 

 

 

“Where are we going to hide?” I asked once we were out of sight. The older didn’t respond and kept looking over his shoulder. “Bang.” I said. “H-Huh?” He said looking over his shoulder again. “Have any ideas of where we might hide? That’s not obvious.” I said looking at our options, bushes and tree. “Y-yeah.” Yongguk glanced over his other shoulder. “Bang?” I said. He didn’t respond.

“Yongguk.” I frowned. No response. “Yah! Bang Yongguk!” I spat. He still didn’t respond. I tapped my chin studying the elder, when a slight smirk came across my face. I walked up close behind him and leaned over by his ear. “Are you thinking about your sweet Junhonggie?” I whispered teasingly.

His eyes widened. “Wh-Wh-What?” He stumbled over his words finally looking back at me. “You were worrying over your sweet Princess.” I teased nudging his side.

He narrowed his eyes at me. “Look who’s talking, Romeo.” He argued back. “At least I can admit it.” I said folding my arms. “What do you mean?” he asked. “Isn’t it obvious? You, Bang Yongguk, like Choi Junhong.” I said poking his chest at every syllable. “Of course I like him.” He said a light blush on his cheeks.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes a little. “No Bang. You like-like Zelo. You wuuuv him.” I said. He blushed a little deeper and looked away to hide his face. “What are you doing?” he sighed. “You like Zelo, and you need to tell him soon. I know you’ve liked him for a while now. So, you need to tell him how you feel.” I said He turned to look at me. “It’s not that easy Daehyun.” He said. “Of course it is. If your feelings are that strong…then what’s stopping you?” I said.

Yongguk ran his fingers through his hair stressfully. “What if…What if he doesn’t like me back?” He asked unable to look at me. “You guys are close. I’m pretty sure he likes you too.” I said. “But what if he doesn’t? It’ll make things awkward. It could ruin our relationship…and I like how our relationship is now.” He mumbled the last part. “No you don’t. You want more.” I muttered. He gave me a look.

“Daehyun…” he said. “What?! It worked for me!” I defended. “Ya, but you almost lost Youngjae in the process. Plus Junhong is more sensitive.” He said. I frowned. “At least I got him.” I grumbled.

“What about Himchan and Jongup?” I argued. “They already had a thing going on.” He retorted. Ugh! This guy! “Oh my gosh! Bang Yong Guk! Get over yourself.” I sighed in annoyance.

The elder sighed. I jumped behind him and wrapped my arms over his shoulders across his chest. “This is how you do it.” I said with a slight smirk. “Yah! Jung Daehyun! What are you doing?” He spat. “Shhh….” I said gently. I leaned in closely by his ear.

“Junhong…” I spoke low and soothingly. “I’ve been feeling this way for a while now.” I went on. The elder shuffled uncomfortably. “I, love you…Choi Junhong.” I whispered leaning in even closer to his ear. “When you guys are done with your little bromance thing. Let me know.” Someone said.

Yongguk quickly shoved me away in embarrassment, standing straight. His cheeks were a bright red. I smirked. Job well done Dae.

“If you don’t tell him in time. You might lose him.” I said seriously, turning around to face the intruder. My eyes widened. “A-Aires?” I said surprised to see her. She smirked. “Hello….Bang Yongguk.” She looked right passed me towards the elder.