Chapter 35: Apology

Born Sinner

-Yongguk’s POV-

The three of us followed the two shadow seekers to the DM camp. It was quite a long ways walk, but we finally arrived after a couple of hours. “This is as far as we go.” Sehun said, him and Tao stopping in their tracks. We nodded.

“Thank you.” I thanked them sincerely. “Good Luck.” Tao said and with that the two ran off, disappearing into the shadows. Literally.

“So how do we get back?” Jongup quested once the two were gone. “Youngjae gave me this potion thing that he got from one of the wizards at camp.” Daehyun said holding up a tiny circular glass bottle that held blue liquid inside of it. “We just throw it to the ground and it will take us back.” He explained.

“So we only have one chance of getting back.” I concluded. He nodded. “Let’s get this show on the road.” Jongup said, and with that we slipped on our masks, covering our chin up to our nose.

Daehyun stepped out first and the two of us followed behind, standing on either side of him.

“Are they sure this is a camp?” Jongup questioned as we got closer. The so called “camp” had large steel walls that surrounded it, with a few Incubi sitting on top of it, their wings out and ready to attack anyone that threatened them or the camp.

“It looks more like a fortress.” Jongup remarked. But the steel walls didn’t look quite complete yet, there were still large unfinished portions within it. There were humans and dwarf slaves working on one of the unfinished portions. They looked exhausted and like they didn’t want to be there. Whenever they tried to run or even take a break their orang brand would glow and they cried out in pain. Daehyun looked at them with empathy before dragging his eyes away.

A few minutes later we reached the front of the overwhelming camp. Four guard stood at the entrance with all sorts of weapons in their hands. One of the guards walked up to us, stopping us in our tracks.

“What are you guys doing here?” he questioned, his voice deep and intimidating. “We were sent to this camp. We’re soldiers.” Daehyun spoke through his mask. The guard studied us closely. He was about to say something but then he spotted the brand on Daehyun’s left shoulder blade that was partially visible through his sleeveless shirt. The guard then nodded. “Let them in!” He called back to the other guards.

The other guards obeyed and unlocked the gated door and pulled it wide open. “Thank you.” Daehyun thanked before walking in. The two of us did the same, silently following behind.

Once we were in the gated door slammed closed behind us and a loud click sound was heard, indicating that it was locked. “Good thing we weren’t planning on exiting through the front.” Jongup remarked.

 

We roamed around the oversized camp to get a good look at it and to see if we could find anything that would be useful to us. I was worried about Junhong. I didn’t like not being able to do much at the moment. All I could do was pray that whoever has him doesn’t hurt him.

“I should’ve apologized earlier.” I sighed. I really was going to, but every time I tried to speak to him he would find a way to run off. I only sighed at this. There really was no excuse, I should’ve tried harder.

“So, who are you going to ask first?” Jongup asked Daehyun. “I’m looking for someone who looks like they might know. I don’t want to go around asking too many people or it’ll look suspicious.” The elder explained. Jongup nodded in understanding.

There really wasn’t a lot of people here. A few were just coming in with their belongings, while others were working on small structures for rooms for people to stay in. And some just set up tents. Very few were training.

We walked around for a few more minute before Daehyun walked up to a group of vampires. “Oh, hey. Are you guys the new cute arrivals?” One of the girls winked. “Wait, how do you know about us?” Jongup questioned through his mask. “We saw you guys come in. As you can see there is hardly an human beings and vampires here.” A second girl winked at me.

“Yeah, it doesn’t look like it’s very fun here.” Jongup remarked. A third girl chuckled. “You’re cute.” She said poking his arm. Even though the mask covered half his face it was obvious that he was smiling. “I know. I was going to say the same about you.” He winked.

I rolled my eyes. He really is something else.

“Do you know where Connie and her sisters are?” Daehyun asked, getting straight to business.

The first girl rolled her eyes hearing the name. I raised an eyebrow at this. “Ugh, those irritating witches? They think they’re all that because of their strong magic.” She remarked. The second girl nodded in agreement, “I bet without their magic they’re nothing.” She said cracking her knuckles. “Unfortunately for us they are at our camp.” The first girl answered Daehyun’s question. I did my best to suppress the surprise and excitement.

“Yeah, I know.” Daehyun played off, sounding just as annoyed. “That’s why we’re here. They had sent for us. We were looking for them, but we don’t know where they are.” Daehyun lied right off the top of his head. I was slightly impressed by his quick improv.

The first girl looked at us with pity, “Awe that’s unfortunate. They’re weird so they’re underground. You just go to the back of the camp and you’ll see this large trap door and you go down there.” She instructed.

Daehyun nodded, “Thanks.” “No problem. Hopefully they don’t keep you for long. Maybe we can hangout after.” She smiled at him. “Sure that’d be nice.” Daehyun smiled back.

“They might actually keep you for a while.” The second girl pouted. “How come?” I asked this time.

“A few hours ago they captured some kid that they’ve been hunting down for a while now. That’s probably why they called for you guys, to deal with him or whatever.” She explained.

My eyes slightly widened. Junhong! He’s here! “Great. Hopefully that’s not why they called us.” Daehyun said sounding irritated. The first girl nodded, “See you later and good luck.” She said. The three of us just nodded.

“You’ll be back right?” the third girl asked Jongup, obviously interested in him. “Of course. We can spend all evening together.” Jongup winked. I shook my head and dragged the younger by the collar of his shirt before he could say anything else.

"It's too bad they're evil." Jongup said once we were far enough. "They don't seem that bad." he said. I nodded in agreement, they just seemed like normal people (or vampires). "It's a shame, they were really cute too." he continued, shaking his head.

"You have some nerve, don't you?" I remarked. "What? I was just making our act more believable. To make it seem like we're real DM members." he simply said. "Mm hm." I said, not believing him.

We followed the girl's instructions and 5 minutes later we arrived at the large trap door.

"Is it strange how easy this is?" I questioned. "It's about to get harder." Daehyun stated, getting serious. The two of us looked at him.

"Once we're inside they'll know we're here." he said. "So what do we do?" Jongup asked. Daehyun was silent for a moment, as if he were contemplating with himself. "You two search for Zelo, I'll look for the witches. I might be able to distract them." he finally said.

My eyes slightly widened. "No. We'll stay together." I told him firmly. "No, I'll distract them for as long as I can. You can't let them catch you. You don't know what they can do. Who knows what they've done with Zelo." he spoke sternly.

I was reluctant but gave in. "Here." he said taking the small glass from his pocket. He handed it to me. "In case you guys get caught and have to go, use this. I'll find my way back."

He then lifted the trap door. "We'll all make it back." Jongup said confidently before jumping down the hole. Daehyun was about to jump next when I stopped him. "Daehyun, don't do anything stupid or outrageous. Don't forget Youngjae, he doesn't have much. We'll get Junhong and we'll all make it out of here together, no matter what happens." I told him. He looked somewhat shocked by this but nodded. "See you later." I smiled. With that he jumped and I followed behind him.

 

-Third Person POV-

Zelo shifted in his sleep as familiar scenes flashed in his mind. Scenes from their journey. He whimpered as he dreamt the scene about Little Susie.

'Why am I dreaming about this?' he thought to himself wanting to get out of it. He also saw things that he hadn't seen before. He saw what happened when Jayde had run from the campfire and when she and Kris spoke. He saw when Daehyun spoke to the witches. He even saw when Jasmine purposefully hid her spell book and cut a hole in Youngjae's pocket so that the box (with their supplies) could fall out.

Two large goblins guarded his cell. "Do we really have to watch him sleep?" one of the goblins groaned. "She said he shouldn't be asleep for long." The second goblin answered. "Ugh, how did I get stuck babysitting?" The first goblin grumbled, throwing somewhat of a small fit.

"This is where we split." Daehyun announced when they came to two openings, leading to two different tunnels. "Meet back here." Bang said. "Come back in 5 minutes." he instructed.

"You sure you'll have Zelo by then?" Daehyun question. Yongguk nodded with much determination. "Fine. See you then." and with that Daehyun ran down the tunnel closest to him and the other two ran down the other one.

"Is that seriously all you do all day?" Isabelle groaned in annoyance to her elder sister, as she sat down on their fancy red couch. Delilah was sat in front of a mirror, brushing her hair. "Of course, keeping a good hygiene is important. Plus it's better than sitting down eating chips all day." She remarked, catching Isabelle in the middle of eating a chip, a large Biel of chips hugged in her arms.

"Plus Connie won't let us do anything. She thinks we'll mess things up. Ugh, I can't stand her sometimes. She thinks she can do whatever she wants because she knows stronger magic. I know strong magic too.” Isabelle rolled her eyes listening to her elder sister ramble on and on. She, herself, could honestly care less as long as the job was getting done.

Just then Isabelle sat up narrowing her yellow-green eyes. “Somebody is here.” She said.

“There’s a lot of people here. Connie has people coming back and forth doing jobs for her.” Delilah said sounding even more irritated. “I’m going to check it out.” Isabelle said standing up. “Sorry, did I come at the wrong time?” Daehyun stepped into the scene.

Isabelle’s eyes slightly widened in surprise. Delilah turnaround and her eyes glittered, “Daehyun baby! What a surprise!” She smiled.

 

Jongup and Bang snuck down the long cave-like tunnel with caution, remembering Daehyun’s warning. The tunnel was dark, with very little light that guided them. Bang’s irises turned red as they adjusted to the darkness of the damp tunnel. Jongup glanced back every now and then to makes sure that they weren’t being followed. He followed behind the elder, allowing the vampire’s sense of smell to lead the way.

“We’re getting close. His scent is getting strong.” Yongguk whispered, about to run the rest of the way when they suddenly heard several footsteps come their way. Jongup scanned the area. “There’s no place to hide. Looks like we’ll have to fight them.” He grinned as they got into position.

When the group of goblins turned the corner they were surprised to see the intruders. “Hey~, what are you guys doing here?” The middle goblin croaked. “Really? Goblins?” Bang grumbled getting tired of fighting the nasty creatures. “Yah! What was that?!” The middle one screeched as they pulled out their rough weapons.

“Don’t worry, I go this.” Jongup said, getting ready to use his powers. “I hope you guys have your swimsuits on.” He smirked. However, when he tried to use his power nothing happened. The group of goblins raised their eyebrows noticing this.

Jongup tried again only to have the same result. “What the? My powers aren’t working.” He stated in confusion. “Of course not fool! Your powers won’t work here!” The middle goblin laughed evil. Bang cringed at the eerie laughter. “That’s okay. I’ll just chop you into tiny goblin bits.” Jongup said pulling out his sword.

The venter goblin growled at him. “Get them!” He screamed to the others. Bang pulled out his own weapons getting ready to fight off the group that was now charging at them. “Let’s make this quick before they do anything to Junhong.”

 

“What brings you here?” Delilah sang with much delight. “I don’t remember calling you down.” She said. Isabelle narrowed her eyes at the human, finding his appearance suspicious. “No. I came on my own.” Daehyun answered.

The two sisters looked at each other somewhat surprised, thinking the same thing. “How did you find us?” Isabelle asked this time.

Daehyun shrugged, “I found this camp and asked around for you guys and surprisingly they said you were here.” Daehyun replied. Delilah’s eyes slightly widened in worry while Isabelle became even more suspicious. “You’re not here for the boy are you?” Isabelle questioned bluntly.

Daehyun’s own eyes widened as he pretended to look surprise by the news. “H-He’s here?” He questioned. “No!” Delilah suddenly jumped. “She meant did you come to bring him here.” Delilah quickly said, sending a slight glare to her younger sister. Daehyun sat there making himself look dumbfounded, but shamefully shook his head adding slight hesitation to his movement.

Delilah spun Isabelle around and she turned around as well, making their backs face the human. She pulled Isabelle in close. “Are you crazy?!” Delilah whisper shouted to her. “Don’t tell him about the boy. He doesn’t know.” She scolded. “He probably does know. Why else would he be here?” Isabelle whispered back. Delilah shook her head. “I think Connie must’ve led him here. Remember? She threatened to punish him. She probably led him here to do that.” Delilah explained.

Isabelle thought about it for a little bit. “She would have told us though.” She finally said. Delilah rolled her eyes at this. “Seriously? She didn’t even tell us that she was capturing the boy today. She didn’t even tell us how she was going to do it either!” She said.

“Fine.” Isabelle gave in, but she still remained suspicious. “Just don’t mention the boy.” Delilah warned before turning back around. She smiled at the handsome prince. “Daehyun baby, why don’t you take a seat?” She said offering him a chair.

 

Zelo continued to shift and flinch in his sleep as the scenes continued and as it made it to their last battle with Karina. “No.” he murmured in his sleep as he began to see everything fall apart again. Reliving the memory all over again, feeling just as real. A tear streamed down his cheek as he had to witness the death of their friend…again. Watching her fall off the edge of the cliff. “No, no, no…” he murmured, desperately wanting to wake up, but he couldn’t. The dream wasn’t over yet.

 

Yongguk and Jongup finished the goblins off with ease and quickly ran down the rest of the tunnel. “We don’t have much time.” Yongguk warned picking up the pace. “Especially since we had to fight those goblins, someone probably heard us.”

They ran for another minute before turning the corner only to be met with two more oversized goblins guarding a cell. “He’s here.” Yongguk announced. The two guards turned looking at the intruders. “Hey! What do you guys think you’re doing here?” One of the guards growled. “To save our friend obviously.” Jongup answered.

The guards only growled, pulling out their own weapons and ran at them. “These guys might actually be somewhat of a challenge.” Jongup noted.

One of the goblins swung his heavy club at Jongup, but he quickly blocked the attack with his sword and kicked the creature in its abdomen, forcing it to stumble backwards. Bang dodged his opponent’s attack. The goblin kept swinging at him, but he continued to dodge them with ease waiting patiently before making his own attack.

When the large creature raised its arms Bang stole the chance, taking out two blades and flicked them into the creature’s sides. “Arg!” The goblin groaned ripping the blades from his sides. The oversized being hissed at him and tossed the blades to the side. He swung a punch at him but Bang blocked it with his forearm and side kicked the goblin’s stomach. The goblin quickly grabbed his leg throwing the new born to the other side of the tunnel.

Bang easily landed on his feet sliding backwards. The goblin angrily charged at him. Bang pulled out his sword preparing to fight back.

 

Daehyun was counting down the minutes by the second. He was starting to feel uncomfortable. He could handle Isabelle stare at him suspiciously, but he couldn’t handle Delilah trying to flirt with him and get close to him. But he knew he couldn’t make her angry because in a way she was practically saving him from being found out. ‘Just one more minute and 58 seconds.’ He thought to himself. However, he was worried because Connie wasn’t around. Guys…hurry. He prayed. Out of the three sisters Connie was the most dangerous.

 

The eldest sister walked along the tunnels, her arms behind her back. She was quite proud of herself for capturing Zelo and was even more excited to report this to Karina. She smiled deviously to herself at how perfect her plan was going. She inhaled the damp air deeply. “The boy should be waking up soon.” She breathed to herself. But she was suddenly stopped in her tracks when she felt herself step on something hard but squishy.

Her smile faded as she looked down at the sight of a group of dead goblins spread amongst the ground. Her eyes glowered a fiercer green. “Intruders.” She growled.

 

“We have one more minute.” Jongup called to Bang, finishing off his opponent. The vampire nodded and took a dagger from his pocket and stabbed it into the goblin’s chest. “Ah!” The goblin cried. “I am getting tired of your puny sharp toys.” The creature yelled shoving Bang hard towards the cell.

Bang flinched at the impact of his back hitting the steel bars. The goblin yanked the dagger from his chest and threw it angrily at the new born. On instinct Bang dodged the sharp knife and it flew right passed him.

It wasn’t until a split second later when his eyes widened in realization. “Junhong.”

 

Zelo’s eyes snapped open in the middle of his dram, feeling the sharp blade scrape against his arm. He unconsciously grabbed the wound and cried out in pain.

 

Isabelle, Delilah, and Daehyun all heard the cry. The two witches perked up. “What was that?” Delilah questioned. Daehyun’s eyes widened. Oh no.

Isabelle narrowed her eyes. “Let’s check it out.” She said standing up. Delilah nodded. “Daehyun baby, you stay here now. I’ll be right back.” She smiled at the human before following her younger sister out the room.

Once they were gone Daehyun jumped to his feet. “What do I do now?” he thought out loud. He looked around the room. “Maybe there’s something I can use here, to use against them.” With that he immediately rummaged through the room looking for any spells or potions that would be useful.

 

Zelo sat up, wincing in pain. He looked around the room and his eyes widened seeing his friends. “Jongup? Yongguk?’ he blinked unsure whether or not it was a dream. But the pain in his arm was sharp enough to make him believe that it was real. “Junhong.” Bang breathed, falling to his knees.

The younger looked at him nervously. “Yongguk what’s…” his voice trailed off as he removed his hand from his arm, revealing the blood that was now all over his hand. “Uh oh.” Jongup said seeing the blood as well.

Bang gripped his head as his irises flared a brighter red and his fangs forcefully extended. But before anything else could be done the remaining goblin jumped on top of the vampire, tackling him, not finished with his opponent yet.

Zelo looked at Jongup with large eyes. “What do we do?” He asked. “Let’s get you out of here first.” Jongup said searching around the area.

He spotted a large rock and picked it up. Then he went to the cell and began to bang the lock with the heavy rock. “You’re not going to help Bang?” Zelo questioned worried about the elder. “If I help him, then he’s going to attack me. It’s best to do this while he’s’ distracted and hopefully that goblin will knock some sense into him.” Jongup answered.

Zelo nodded in understanding and stood to his feet. He ripped off a piece of the bottom of his shirt and tied it tightly around the wound to stop the bleeding.

 

“Connie!” Delilah called when they spotted their eldest sister. The elder witch spun around. “What?” She responded. “Did you hear the scream?” Isabelle asked before Delilah could get upset over Connie’s rude response. Connie nodded. “I saw a group of goblins dead on the ground. Somebody else is here and they’re probably out for the boy.” Connie said somewhat irritated. With that she spun back around and marched down the tunnel her younger sisters following close behind her.

Jongup finally broke the lock and swung the cell door open. Zelo tried to run out but couldn’t get far due to the chain on his ankle. Jongup ran into the cell and sliced the chain in half finally setting the younger free and the two ran out the cell. “What do we do about Yongguk?” Zelo asked watching as the vampire flipped the goblin onto its back, pinning it down. Without a single warning he snapped the goblin’s neck, instantly killing it.

“We can’t use your powers, so we’re just going to have to go straight home.” Jongup said, his eyes never leaving the vampire. “How do we do that?” Zelo questioned. “There’s a small potion that will take us back.” Jongup answered. “So?” Zelo urged. “…but…Bang has it.” Jongup finally said.

The said vampire’s eyes landed on Zelo as a drop of blood dripped from his arm.

Bang stood up to his feet, stalking towards them. Jongup stepped protectively in front of Zelo, holding out his sword. “Bang, I wouldn’t come any closer if I were you.” Jongup warned. But Bang only growled at him, not fazed by the warning.

“Yongguk please.” Zelo whimpered. He was scared that there was no way they could stop him without severely hurting him. Bang made eye contact with the younger’s sad eyes. He stopped in his tracks, flinching a little at this. “Junhong…” he breathed grabbing his head. “…I’m sorry.” He struggled, fighting his vampire.

Zelo’s eyes slightly widened. He was about to run to him but Jongup stopped him. “What are you doing?” He questioned. “Just…trust me.” Zelo urged. Jongup nodded removing his arm. “Hurry, we don’t have time.” He said. Zelo nodded and ran to the elder vampire. “…Yongguk, I forgive you.” He said.

Bang looked at him in shock, ignoring the vampire that was itching within him. “H-How?” He questioned surprised.

“We can talk about this later. But we have to go home now.” Zelo urged while Bang was himself. “We can’t…we have to wait for Daehyun.” Bang struggled to suppress his vampire. “Daehyun is here too?” Zelo questioned. Before he could get an answer they were interrupted.

Delilah gasped at the sight. Isabelle folded her arms, she knew that something was up. Connie glared at the intruders, then her eyes landed on Zelo, seeing that he was already awake. Zelo quickly covered his mouther remembering the spell. “You guys aren’t going anywhere.” She said pulling out her wooden sand, but before she could do anything she was interrupted by Jongup’s unimpressed scoff.

“You guys seriously use wands?” He remarked, throwing everybody off guard. “Excuse me?” Connie questioned. “I thought we got past that stage. Mages and wizards cast spells without wands. But you still use them? I guess witches really are lame.” Jongup stalled.

Delilah and Connie’s jaws dropped. Isabelle only furrowed her brow actually taking his words into consideration. “He has appoint.” She finally said.

“Whatever. You two are going to pay for this.” Connie said referring to Jongup and Yongguk. At that moment Daehyun slid into the scene spell book in his hand. “Don’t you dare hurt my friends.” He threatened.

This only made Connie more irritated. “What are you doing here?” She gritted through her teeth. “You didn’t know?” Delilah questioned. “Of course I didn’t.” Connie said impatiently. Isabelle frowned, “See? I told you.” She said.

Daehyun sole the opportunity while they were distracted and muttered an incantation from the spell book he found. And before the three sisters could do anything they were turned into stone…frozen.

“Sweet Dae! You did it!” Jongup smiled impressed. Daehyun just smiled unable to suppress it. “Let’s hurry up and get home before Bang goes all vampire again.” Jongup said. Bang reached for the small bottle and threw it onto the ground, smashing it into pieces. A powdery blue smoke emitted from the blue liquid surrounding the 4 friends.

 

-Zelo’s POV-

I re-opened my eyes (not even realizing that I had closed them) to see that we were in the middle of the camp again. I was relieved to see that we were all back and that Connie’s spell was now gone.

Min was the first one to spot us as he and Tae were passing by. “You guys are back!!” He cheered running up to us.

Tae’s eyes widened seeing us as well, following behind his brother. “Zelo! You’re okay!” Tae cheered hugging me tightly. I couldn’t help but laugh a little. I was glad to be back, even though I wasn’t gone for long. I was terrified and worried. “Don’t go by the stream alone again.” Tae pouted releasing his hug. I smiled, “I won’t.” I assured him, “I’ll be more careful for now on.” I promised. The hybrid smiled at this.

“How did you guys know that I was gone?” I asked. I hadn’t expected them to find out so soon. “Youngjae had went looking for you and went to the stream and saw these footprints with the DM’s symbol on them.” Min explained. I nodded and smiled. I’ll have to thank him. “Uh oh. Zelo you’re bleeding.” Tae said looking at my arm.

Just then a worried look came across his face. The three of us turned to look at Bang. But when we did…he was gone.

“Where did he go?” I asked. “He ran off to go see Lee before anything could happen.” Jongup answered. I nodded. I really wanted to speak to him, but I guess I have to wait. But I will talk to him tonight. I guess I should go get this cleaned up.” I said. “Thanks you guys for saving me.” I thanked Jongup and Daehyun. “You’re welcome.” “No problem.”

 

I went to the healers and they healed my wound and cleared away the small bruises that had formed on my head from falling. I felt refreshed and much better than before. I thanked them and went back outside and walked under the night time sky.

Everyone had went to eat at the mess hall, but I decided to wait for Bang. I really wanted to talk to him. I was glad that I was able to tell him that I forgave him. It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I stopped in the middle of my tracks, hearing footsteps trail behind me. I turned around to see that it was him.

I was unable to hold back the large smile that grew on my face. He only gave me a shy smile in return. I ran to him, hugging him tightly, wrapping my arms around his torso, burying my face into the crook of his neck. I missed him so much. “I’m sorry.” I apologized whole-heartedly.

He was thrown off by this. “Why are you apologizing?” He asked confused. “I shouldn’t have blamed you. It wasn’t completely your fault. And…it wasn’t just your fault.” I said lifting up my head. “If it wasn’t for Jasmine, none of this would have happened. But we’re a team, so all of us are to blame.” I pulled away, looking down shamefully.

“And I know that you already blamed yourself for it. And I only added onto it.” I confessed.

It was silent.

I slowly looked up at him only to be greeted by his soft smile. I felt my eyes water. “And I know you’re working really hard to make up for what happened…” I sniffled actually feeling really guilty for blaming him. “…I’m sorry.” A tear betrayed me, rolling down my cheek. “Junhong, don’t cry.” He said resting a hand on my shoulder.

“You had every right to be mad at me. You even warned me that day, but I didn’t listen. So don’t be sorry.” He spoke soothingly. I hugged him burying my face into his firm chest. “I missed you Yongguk.” He wrapped his arms around me. “I missed you too.” He breathed.

I smiled into his chest. I was so happy. I was so happy to have him back.

Instead of going to the mess hall and joining the others we just walked around the camp together and talked. “You sure you don’t want to eat anything?” Bang asked me. “Yeah. I’m sure. I’m not hungry.” I smiled at him. He only nodded, blushing a little. I never imagined that I’d miss him this much. “What did those witches want from you anyway?” He suddenly asked.

“They said that I would end up dreaming about something that would be useful to them. So, they put me to sleep.” I explained. He nodded in understanding. “Did you dream of anything?” He asked.

I thought about it for a little bit. “I only dreamt about our entire journey. But…I think I was going to find out who’s going to wind the war…but…I woke up.” I admitted. “Oh…I’m sorry.” He apologized bashfully.

“No, no! It was a good thing. They would have found out and the results wouldn’t have been good. And I don’t think I would have wanted to know. If they were to win then it would be discouraging, and if we found out we were to win it might actually mess things up.” I explained. He nodded in agreement. “It’s up to us how this war will turn out.” He said. I smiled in agreement.

However, there was a part of my dream that I didn’t tell him about.

It was strange, I didn’t quite understand it. The dream was dark, I couldn’t see anything either. But there was a voice, a man’s voice. It was soft and gentle. And he spoke. He said, ‘it’s time for you to wake up. Your friends need you.’ And after he said that a pair of purple glowing eyes snapped open…but that was it. I couldn’t tell if it was something that happened in the past or is supposed to happen. But I didn’t think too much of it. It could have just been a useless dream.

 

-Kris’s POV-

“It’s so nice outside.” Chanyeol stretched, taking in the late night breeze. The 12 of us were sat on the fence that surrounded the outside of the camp.

“Do you really think we can win this war?” Chen questioned, leaning on the palms of his hands. “What makes you think we can’t?” Chanyeol asked. “We’re losing a lot of battles and a lot of people are joining the dark magic. It’s starting to look bleak.” Baekhyun was the one to answer this time.

It was silent as they all turned their attention to me. But I didn’t say anything, I just continued to stare out in the distance enjoying the nighttime sky. There were many stars out and the moon shone brightly down on us. “I don’t really care about winning. I just want to take Karina down for what she did to Jayde.” Suho said with much determination.

“I don’t think it looks bleak.” Chanyeol finally said, earning everyone’s attention.

"You guys didn't hear? Tao, Xiumin, and I went to one of the nearby towns and the people there were talking about some Vigilante group." Chanyeol said. "Vigilantes?" Kyungsoo repeated.

Xiumin nodded, "Yeah, they were saying that there's a small group of vigilantes that are fighting. They're fighting the Dark Magic and they're even setting other towns free that were overtaken by the Dark Magic." Xiumin said. I raised an eyebrow at this.

"Really? Who are these people? Maybe they can help us!" Luhan said excitedly.

"Two of them are said to be the prince and princess of the Bang kingdom. They're Yongguk's siblings." Tao answered. My eyes slightly widened at the news. Bang would be happy to learn that his elder siblings are okay.

"There are three more people, but nobody really knows who they are. There's a little girl who they say looks about 12 or 13, a guy, and another girl. They wear masks so their identities are always hidden but people did recognize Yongguk's siblings." Tao finished.

"So...they're not gonna help us?" Luhan concluded, pouting a little. Tao shrugged, "They remain underground so it'll be hard to find them anyway." "But they are on our side and they're freeing towns that were captured by the Dark Magic. So, in a way they are helping us." Kai said. The others nodded.

"The vigilantes sound so cool though." Luhan smiled hopeful. I nodded in agreement. "We definitely have to win this war." Sehun stated. "We will. We just have to work together. I know we will." I finally spoke. "Everyone is depending on us. We have to."

 

 

-

A/N: I am so sorry I know it's been so long. I'm not going to lie, I have been working on other stories and then I got busy with school and work. But! I am on break, and I definetly will be focusing on getting the rest of this story posted. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! And more will be coming soon (hopefully).