Healing

Twice's Daughter

Later that day, around six pm, when the sky glows yellow on the west and darkness consumes the east, the girls made their blinding way towards the hosptial.

 As always word got around that "you" were at the hospital, well it wasn't you but Twice's Daughter was at the hospital. Rather than worrying about a fellow student lying in the hospital, many students wondered and bragged saying they were friends with Twice's Daughter. 

Jihyo left the room when the girls entered to sign tedious medical papers, and mainly because Jihyo didn't want anyone to see her with blood shot eyes, eye bags worse than a balloon, nose as red as rudolphs and let anyone se her in general. 

Your friends knew that they would have multiple occasions where they would be visiting you in the hospital, and they weren't wrong. This was the second time in the clean, white, sterile and plan room they all squeezed into the room and sat in the leather couch in the room and the window sills. However, unlike the incident at the Han River, there was a greater sarrow in the air as they have grown closer and at the same time grew further apart. You have changed their lives in the short amount of time that you have been with them.  You always kept this persona of 'I can do anything' which really made the maknae line look up to you, figeratively and literally --except Wonyoung and Yujin--. Having seen your uncautious body, everyone can see the vulnerabillity you hid. Yes you were distant but that didn't stop the girls from going to you for help, in the group you were quiet but you would show your greatest care to them if they asked anything of you privately. 

Tears were shed and small whimpers echoed off the four walls. They all realized that the strongest people were not invincible, but those who believed that being strong for other takes a toll on an indivdual themselves. That one thing is certain and that is death. Everyone was got up in the act that you were playing that they didn't realize that you were suffering. They admitted to themselves that the face they wear in public was not there true face, and everyone felt guilty for not asking 'Is everything okay?' 

"Why didn't we do anything?" Nako managed to say through her tears.

"Because Sakura, Minjoo and Chaeyeon were to busy worrying about themselves than to worry about other people," Yena spoke each word louder than the previous word.

"Don't blame this on us Yena! You could have done something besides listening to our banters," Minjoo crossed her arms over her chest.

"We are all to blame," Chaeyeon looked around, stopped at Sakura and turned away when Sakura looked away. "I'll admit we have all been selfish when the person who needed us most is the person laying unconsious in a bed. We all know that Jihyun does not express her feelings easily and her distancing was a way for her to tell us that something was not okay. Yet we looked the other direction, and turned our cheeks to solve our own problems, which haven't exactly helped ourselves or each other." 

"Let's go around the circle and say what is going on," Yuri clapped her hands together. 

"We don't have to do anything Yuri-ah, this is all for Chaeyeon, Sakura and Minjoo," Yena gestured drawing an imaginary circle around the three. 

The three glared at the duck as Minjoo sighed. "I guess I'll go first. Truthfully I have liked Jihyun for a while now --." 

"That isn't anything new," Nako crossed her arms. 

"As I was saying, I liked Jihyun for a while and I didn't know how to approach her and when she dropped her journal I thought it would be a good idea to read it. I know it isn't right but it is not like any of us would not read it. I've been working on gaining Jihyun's trust... and Sakura over here has been doubting me because I took her notebook. Jihyun could've choosen to get cast me away but she's the one who calls me when things are tough."

"So you know how Ji-chan was feeling though out the past month?" Hitomi asked and Minjoo nodded.

"I understand that Sakura-unnie is looking out for her friend but I am still confused to why she is so protective," Wonyoung's head tilted towards her left shoulder as everyone passed their attention to Sakura.

"I think I was jealous. I wanted to have the trio back together. When it was just Chaeyeon, Jihyun and I....." she paused for a long time while fidgeting with her fingers. " I think I was confused and I wasn't sure on my feelings and I didn't want to hurt anyone as I figured out my feelings."

"That's why you broke up with me?" Chaeyeon masked a hurt face.

"I didn't want you in the middle while I figured out what I wanted, but I realized that my feelings for Jihyun has shifted because of her condition. I found myself caring for Jihyun more because she has gone through a lot. Believe me when I tell you that I still love you Chaeyeon," Sakura grabbed Chaeyeon's right hand and held it between her to hands. 

"I think Chaeyeon unnie is right, because of Jihyun unnie we try to make our lives seem normal and help Jihyun out as much as she can so she doesn't have to worry about us," Yujin started. "But Jihyun unnie is the type of person to listen to something and sits quietly while registering everything. Jihyun unnie is good at reading people and we are so use to Jihyun taking care of us, that we don't care for her."

"We care for her all the time?" Yena squeezed her duck plushie.

"I meant we didn't check in on her." Yujin glared at Yena.

"Jihyun has been saying how she doesn't like her condition not because of her health but because she feels like she has not been of good use lately," Minjoo frowned looking at your peaceful face on the hospital bed. "And I think it got to her, cause she did tell me that she noticed the tension between everyone but she didn't know what it was. I didn't know so I didn't tell her. She probably blames herself for everything." 

"Knowing Ji-chan she probably does." Nako rested her head on her folded hands. "She's still of good use, her condition is not a thing to say she is useless."

"I-uh" Chaeyeon rubbed the back of her neck. "I may have said that her condition was made up for attention, and how she gets whatever she wants because her parents would pay for her..." Chaeyeon's voice slowly disappeared into a whisper. "I didn't mean to say it, I was just angry that Sakura broke up with me."

"Don't blame yourslef unnie, we are all partially to blame." Yuri hugs her as the rest of the girls pulled together into a group hug.

"It's nice to see you all get along but can you bring the hug this way," a whisper escaped your hoarse throat.

"JIHYUN!" They all crowed around your bed.