Change of Heart

Twice's Daughter

It's been an week since getting the news and another week till you could finally lock yourself in your room without having to worry about anything. Whatever Sakura and Chaeyeon were trying to fix in you went down the drain. What was the point of being nice when all the bad things happened to you. Being abandoned, getting death threats, getting bullied, having your lover fall in love with someone else, and getting an incurable heart disease, how was anything suppose to matter at this point? That was the mindset you had since the day Dr. Kim gave you the news. Since then Minjoo started to hang out with the nine of you, courtesy of Chaeyeon. To the girls, it seemed like you were still trying to accept the situation. It was somewhat because of that, but seeing Minjoo killed you, knowing that someone knew all your deepest secrets with the fact that you know nothing about her. 

You were all eating lunch and was unfortunately stuck sitting in front of Minjoo.  Hearing everyone able to laugh so easily made it painful for you to stay there. Without any notice you got up and left with the girls a bit shocked.

"I don't think she accepted it yet," Yena was the first to speak.

"Accepted?" Minjoo questioned. "I don't think you would ever accept your lover loving someone else," Minjoo continued, thinking everyone knew that you liked Sakura.

"Wait what? Jihyun unnie liked someone?" Yujin questioned with full.

"Yeah didn't she lik..." Minjoo took a glance around the table seeing their confused faces. "Nevermind."

"Yena and I were talking about her heart condition," Yuri starred blankly.

"What heart condition?" Wonyoung placed her chopsticks down. 

"Ji-chan has a heart condition that doesn't let her do anything physical, like dance." Nako explained.

"Ji-chan also has really bad chest pains, so she probably went to take medication. She probably didn't want us to worry." Nako frowned.

You opened your locker getting the stuff you need for your next class. Hearing footsteps on your left side, you continued to put your notebooks in your backpack as if you didn't hear it. In the corner of your eye you saw a silhouette appraoching you. 

"Did your little friend group finally see your true colors? Or did they finally realize what a loser you were?" She leaned herself on the locker next to yours.

"I'm not in the mood," you turned and glared at Younggun.

"Come on let me have some of the fun, Bitna and Hyunjung can't have it all." Younggun crossed her arms. "Plus there surving their detention taking money from freshmens."

"You realize if you do something to me, you're the one in trouble," you now threw books into your backpack.

"I'm not planning to get suspended or expelled anytime soon, I still have to graduate." 

"As if you would change, you could careless about graduating if you could just be away from here. Even if you were not to get suspended or expelled what makes you think your grades would let you?"

"Ouch, a bit cold Jihyun."

A couple of guys having more interest in their phone than where they were walking overheard the two girls having a conversation. Elbowing his friend he whispered and asked if the two were going to fight. If any fight was interesting to watch it was yours and Youngguns. One out of the three ran into the cafeteria knowing most of the school was there.

"Younggun and Jihyun are fighting!" The whole student body in the cafeteria ran out in the instant. 

The girls stood instantly worried that your heart condition would get exposed or worse getting killed. They raced with the crowd pushing themselves to the front with a sigh of relief when no actual fists were being thrown. Ms. Kwon was there to disburse the suituation but couldn't get anyone to leave. With a crowd Ms. Kwon knew for a fact that a punch may be thrown due to the pressure. But none was thrown, you knew your limits and you could already feel your heart trying to jump out of its cage. You were able to do a good job mutliple times to hide your pain from your friends but Ms. Kwon knew something was wrong. 

"Okay okay nothing to see here eveyone leave now or I'll give you detention," Ms.Kwon stated moving the crowd away bringing you to the infirmary. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything I saw confirmed who she was. My mom was in the hospital a few days ago, she was being treated from a heart disease called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Because it is genetic I had to get checked for it as well. Luckily I didn't have it but I over heard our personal doctor ask my mother if she should test her other daughter. Maybe I heard wrong cause I was the only child my parents had. But I guess I was wrong.