She Knows

Twice's Daughter

Park Jihyun has always caught my attention since the moment she transfered. But I wasn't someone to tell her that and she would never seem interested to make any friends. I didn't see her around school that much till three Japanese students transfered to our high school several years later. From then on everything started to change, starting from the fact that Jihyun helped a girl from being bullied. I mean it wasn't the first time hearing about it but it was definately the first time I was able to witness it. That made me fall deeper for her as she didn't do anything and caused the three bullies to get injured. 

Since that day, she was more open and friendly. The usual cold girl was now so charming to see smiling. But she didn't notice me...

The Three Musketeers were pushing each other around in the hallway, well it was Jihyun and Chaeyeon pushing each other around while Sakura looked annoyed. Jihyun dropped something and I picked it up before anyone could see. I wanted to get to know Jihyun more but I was too scared to approach her. After taking the notebook I hid in the blind spot in front of the library to read it. When I wanted to give it back I realized she could be mad at me for taking something from her and never giving it back.

I was going to give it back to her during lunch but she got sent to the infirmary, and curiosity killed me further when I found myself reading her journal at home. I know it wasn't the right thing to do but I couldn't help it. One day I was walking to my class when I over heard Chaeyeon and Jihyun talking about working the information booth during the carnival. Along with Chaeyeon complaining about how Jihyun wasn't able to dance with her, after several attempts to get Jihyun in the dance team.

At this point I knew everything about Jihyun, but I was not going to tell anyone. I am not someone who would tell information that was not mine to tell. I knew who her parents were and I knew who she liked. Did it hurt when I found out who it was? Yes, but that didn't stop me from liking her even more. I signed up to work the information booth as well. I finally met her, and she was way different from when I usually saw her. She was dragged by Chaeyeon as I told Yuri I was going to the washroom. Heading towards the washrooms in the school building and not those stinky portapotties, I over heard Chaeyeon pleading to Jihyun for help to confess to Sakura. 

I finished my business when I heard a scream from the hallway. I peeked from where I was, as my heart constricted as if a boa was squeezing me. She was in pain and all I did was stand there. Thanks to my dad being a police officer, I was able sneak out of there without Jihyun noticing. Yuri waved at me when she saw me and I didn't fail to notice that Jihyun passed Chaeyeon a velvet box. Chaeyeon suggested to go on the ferris wheel, Jihyun said she was going to head home due to her health issues. I could tell that, that was not the case. When everyone gave her a hug, though I wanted to hug her as well, I found it appropriate to just give her another hand shake. 

When my name came out of it was like heaven to my ears. Though it was a small smile I definately would cherish it. I knew from that moment I would protect her the best I could and I would gain the confidence to speak to her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chaeyeon and Sakura were holding hands waiting in front of you as you were putting your books away in your desk. 

"You guys could just get food first, you don't have to wait for me," you said continuing to put your stuff away.

"Are you sure?" Sakura asked. 

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Just get me ramen this time," you handed Chaeyeon the money.

Chaeyeon and Sakura walked hand and hand out of the classroom towards the cafeteria. The two were together and were inseparable since the carnival. You were in no mood to see their affection for each other. Once the two left the room you ruffled your hair. Starring at your desk you soon noticed when someone placed your journal on the wooden surface. You looked up to see Minjoo, happiness and anger took control as your journal was back in your possession but realized it was after a long time since you lost it. You looked around before grabbing your journal and Minjoo's wrist pulling her towards one of the secluded and sound proof practice rooms in the music department. 

"If you're asking for an autograph, I suggest you leave. I'm not going to give you one," you crossed your arms. 

"I don't want one," Minjoo stated.

"Oh, please." you rolled your eyes.

"I'm serious," Minjoo folded her eyebrows together.

"Like, I am suppose to believe you,"

"If I wanted to tell the world you were related to Twice I would've a long time ago. And I would've asked for an autograph a long time ago."

"I still don't believe you, I barely know you.'

"Then get to know me because I know for a fact that you are not okay. Under that masquerade you are having, you broke into a million pieces. Let me help you pick it up, because Chaeyeon and Sakura are not going to help you when they are together 24/7. Your parents are as busy as idols come, let me be in your corner. You sacrificed a necklace for your own best friend to confess to your other best friend."

"How did you know, I gave that necklace to Chaeyeon?"

"I'm gay, not blind." Minjoo blurted. "And that was the worse pass off moment in my life!" 

You rolled your eyes, "Like I'm suppose to take advise from a stranger."

"You take advise from your doctor and they are strangers," you froze trying to process what she had said as it was true. 

"Yeah but they have credentials,"

"So do I," Minjoo yelled back 

"In what!" You yelled back.

"In loving you," the room fell silent.

"I don't listen to love," you opened the door as Minjoo pulled it shut once again.

"Uh Twice's career is based off love songs," Minjoo continued. 

"I hate you," you opened the door once again. 

"One day Park Jihyun you will love me," Minjoo yelled as you walked to the cafeteria.