Do Over

Twice's Daughter

After that eventful week of going to Okinawa and ending up in the hospital, another dreaded weak comes with school starting again. There was no sign of Younggun anywhere, which was the good part, but you rarely got your own privacy as so many people --your friends many-- would always be around you with the fear of you fainting when one of them wasn't around. You have seen more of Eunbi around, it came to a shock to you when you found out that Dr.Kim's fiance was one of the teachers of the school. It definately was a small world.

There was a good thrity minutes till class started, with Minjoo's and Yena's classroom being near yours --3B-- the two came into your class. The glare Sakura threw went unnoticed.

"Jihyun can I talk to you?" Minjoo held her hands together.

"Sure," you stood up following after her to the resting room in the infirmary, as nurse Kang gave a confused look.

"Hey I wante-" you both started. "You go," you gestured for Minjoo to speak.

"I wanted to know why you're still a bit cold towards me, I mean we did kiss," Minjoo mumbled the last part. 

"I'm pretty sure you have a past of your own, and ofcourse it takes time to tell anyone about it. You on the other hand read all my secrets and now know everything there is to know about me before we even met. I mean you just don't do that Minjoo, there are things in there that I'm not comfortable sharing even to my parents let alone to someone I met at a carnival. I mean how would you feel if all your secrets were revealed to a total stranger?" You questioned her.

"I'm not a total stranger," Minjoo crossed her arms. "And I promise you that I am not using you, I'm only using you to win over your heart."

"Well if you want my heart it comes with a price, and I don't think it would help you in anyway with the cost of a disease."

"Figuratively, idiot! By the way is that disease called love?" Minjoo teased.

"No hypertropic cardiomyopathy."

"Seriously?" Minjoo deadpanned before rolling her eyes. "What do I have to do to make you believe that I want to be with you because of who you are and not who you know? You know what let's start over, I'm Kim Minjoo." She held out her hand.

"Park Jihyun," you shook her hand while chuckling. 

"Well Jihyun it was nice meeting you but I think class would start soon. You can have my number and we can chat later," Minjoo winked before handing you a folded post-it note. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school day was practically the same as it always is, sitting in class, taking notes, listening and listening to the teacher lecture. Everything was the same minus the fact that your homeroom teacher (not Ms. Kwon she is Minjoo's and Yena's homeroom teacher) announced that exams were coming up as the self study period came. Groans errupted as some of the boys pushed their workbooks and notes to the side so they could lay down on their desk, some people already took out their study guides, and the rest of the students shocked with an exam around the corner as they were still trying to understand what they learned a week ago. 

After Sakura and Chaeyeon got together you convinced your homeroom teacher to move you to Chaeyeon's seat. You weren't his favorite student so he didn't agree to it till you used your heart as an excused, in which he complied. 

"Jihyun you're so lucky you don't have to study," Chaeyeon leaned over her desk as she tapped you on the shoulder.

"I'm lucky?" You questioned, obviously having other things in your head.

"You're already smart. Why don't you be tutor?" Chaeyeon's face lit up.

"You know Kura-chan is smart too, when she took this exam in Japan her lowst score was an 88 in Japanese. Which doesn't make sense since Japanese should come easy to you." You finally turned around. 

"I know, but you've always managed to rank in the top ten."

"Wait you're aren't that bad yourself Chae, you got 12th last time."

The three of you decided to study together Sakura leading math and world social studies , Chaeyeon leading literature and Korean , Jihyun leading English and science. Deciding to work on their weakest subject, English, the two were fascinated hearing you speak english. You would say a phrase in korean and ask them to translate it in english as you would help correct them. This went on till the lunch bell rang. You, Chaeyeon and Sakura waited for Minjoo and Yena to exit their classroom. 

"Oh you know Yena?" You accidentally spoke in english having used it for the past hour. 

"And you know english?" Minjoo smiled. "What else can you do?" She asked in english.

"I can speak Japanese, I'm a second degree black belt in mixed martial arts....uh I play the guitar. I use to dance."

"Wow I play the guitar too, I love photography, roller coasters and Harry Potter. Do you know Harry Potter?"

"Oh yeah I know him but I'm probably not a big of a fan as you are."

"Yah stop speaking in english, I can't understand!" Yena pouted. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You reached your house, it was empty due to the Twice members having a photoshoot. While grabbing a snack from the kitchen you placed you hands inside your white patted jacket. Feeling a piece of paper in your pocket you took it out remembering it was Minjoo's number. You barely got her number now as you were reluctant to give her yours and never gave her a chance to give you her number. Besides Minjoo, some of your friends didn't have your number either. You put Minjoo's number in your contacts giving her the name Beautiful Frog💕 You sent her a text saying hi and who you were.

In the next moment you recieved a call from the said frog. 

Minjoo, Jihyun

^hello frog^

^Frog? where did you get that from?^

^Yena. Hey this starting over thing was a great idea, but I really don't want to express everything again.^

^That's alright.^ 

You could hear the cheerfulness in her voice, which made you smile.

^If you don't mind could you tell me about yourself?^

^Sure! My dad is a police officer and my mom is a lawyer. I ha-^ (Not sure what her parents actually do)

^Remind me to never get on your bad side^

^I have an older brother and a younger sister^ (Don't know their names) ^Because of my parent's occupation I am really close to my sibilings. But now my brother moved out and my little sister always has play dates with my younger cousin and their friends so I am always alone these days. My dad taught me how be stealthy, he also taught me how to use a gun.^

^Again remind me to not get on your bad side^ 

^I also got casted by a company called Urban Works after heading home from volunteering. I've hand cameos in a few dramas and music videos and make up commercial. You'll have to find out which drama and commercials I am in.^

The two of you continued talking till your stomach started grumbling and Minjoo laughed. You both hung up as you check the time as your eye widen seeing that you spoke to Minjoo for four hours about almost everything. You made yourself Omurice. You brought your food into the living room where you searched Kim Minjoo and found the two dramas she was in. Tempted and Immortal Goddess. JIhyun wasn't a big fan of dramas, only watching when Nayeon put it on, but maybe she'll watch these someday.