Heartbroken

Twice's Daughter

After getting confronted by Minjoo you headed back to the classroom hiding your notebook in your desk. Heading to the cafeteria, your usual table of three was now filled with beagles. And no not the dogs. Yena and Yujin --what they call themselves, Fantastic Duo-- were arguing once again as Yuri was judging from the side. Nako, Sakura and Hitomi ate quietly. While Chaeyeon was now scolding the girls as they tried to eat your ramen. There was an evident culture difference for dinning etiquette between the Japanese and the Korean (From what I can see at least between my friends)

Chaeyeon, Sakura, Yena, and you were in the same year. As Nako, Hitomi, Wonyoung, Yujin and Yuri were in the year younger. They all knew each other through dance, except Minjoo she remains a mystery. Reaching your table Yuri waved at you, delight evident on her face as she had someone else to deal with the beagles. When you sat down, you recieved a side hug from Yuri as Nako and Hitomi bowed to you. Chaeyeon finally got the hyper active dog, Yujin, to sit down so she could finally enjoy her food. 

"Jihyun-unnie," Yujin smiled as she was going to hug you but was stopped by Chaeyeon's glare. "Unnie did you see Sakura's necklace?" Yujin continued. "You should've been there unnie, Chaeyeon unnie confessed to Sakura unnie at the top of the ferris wheel, she confessed with flowers and gave her a necklace. Wonyoung why won't you do that with me?"

Wonyoung glared as she pushed Yujin away. "Why don't you do it for me! You're the one who doesn't see my existance!" Wonyoung pouted and stormed out of the cafeteria.

The table fell silent as Yujin began pouting as well. "Hey Yujin," you whispered across the table. "Go after her," you used your head to gesture after Wonyoung.

Yujin immediately ran after her as the other girls continued eating. Your heart ached hearing they way Yujin boasted about Chaeyeon's confession. Honestly that was your plan as you would confessed to Sakura. You hated yourself now, you hated your selflessness as there was no bone in your body that would let you be selfish for once. If you wanted to blame someone, blame Twice. They were way too humble for your own good. 

"Ah I remembered I was suppose to meet Nurse Kang today," it wasn't a total lie just to get out of there.

"Do you want us to go with you?" Sakura asked as the rest of the girls nodded. 

"It's alright, I don't want you to feel pity for me," you smiled not knowing what you said actually made the girls feel guilty. 

"I think her health is taking a toll on her attitude," Sakura whispered to Chaeyeon.

"Yeah something seems wrong," Chaeyeon picked up her chopsticks. 

"Why don't we invite her somewhere to get her mind off it," Nako smiled. 

"I want to go bungee jumping!" Yena shouted.

"We're suppose to recommend something that ISN'T STRESSFUL!!!" Despite being younger Yuri definately was the pants in the relationship.

"How about Han River," Hitomi suggested. "I always wanted to go," Nako nodded in agreement.

"Alright let's go to Han River on Saturday after we finally have a break in two weeks. I will make a chat so we can plan," Chaeyeon pulled out her phone. 

"We should go to the infirmary and tell Jihyun so she could be happier!" Yena yelled earning a glare from Yuri for being really load.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You peeked your head through the infirmary and saw Nurse Kang tending to a boy who looked like he sprained his ankle. You pushed the door slightly open and made eye contact with nurse Kang as the door squeaked. She gave you a smiled and a head nod for you to come in. When Nurse Kang finished treating her patient she let him borrow the crutches she had in the office. She told you to sit in the female restingroom as she opened a door leading to the parking lot. Shortly after, Dr. Kim and Park Jihyo walked in with Dr. Kim holding a tan file.  The door closed behind them after they walked into the room.

"How are you doing, Jihyun?' Dr. Kim asked.

"I'm good so far,"

"That is good to hear," Dr. Kim sat down on a rolling stool. "So when you came in two weeks ago, you mentioned you had chest pains and shortage of breath. When I heard your heart their was a murmur, with the symptoms you were experiencing it was great that I called for a CT. It's rare but you have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (hyper- tra-fic cardio-my-o-pathy), normally I would test your parents and your sibilings as well but I don't think I have too in this case. It's passed down through genetics."

"I'm sorry but I got lost after hyper tro phic cardio mipathy?" you tried pronouncing it.

"It's a condition in which the heart muscle becomes abnormally thick, making it difficult for the heart to bump blood."

"Is there a way to treat it?" Jihyo asked holding onto your hand. 

"There is surgery," Dr. Kim recommened but you vigoriously shook your head. "Judging by your action you probably don't want surgery so I can recommend medications to help slow or regulate your heart rate. You would have to limit physical activity to avoid aggravting your heart with or without the medication. Your condition can last for years or be life long but it would not affect you that much like cancer would. Suddenly dying through your condition is something you should not worry about as no one has really died from it. I was also able to get your medicine for my favorite patient," she passed Jihyo the bottle. "Any questions?"

You remained frozen not knowing what to say. Jihyo patted your back and hugged you. "If you have questions you can email me or ask Nurse Kang, I am sure my best friend will be able to tell you information you need." 

"Hey babe," Ms. Kwon walked into the infirmary.

"You're not suppose to be here," Nurse Kang tried to push her out.

"I'm not here for you Hyewon, I'm here for Chaewon. Where is she?" Ms.Kwon looked around. 

On cue, Dr.Kim aka Chaewon walked out of the room and spotted her soon to be wife. "Eunbi? What are you doing here?" 

"I work here, what are you doing here?" Eunbi walked closer to Chaewon as Hyewon rolled her eyes and stuffed a small roll cake in . 

"Eunbi, I have a patient." 

"Dr. Kim I'm injured too, I think you're the only one who can save me."

"Gross, get out of my office!" Hyewon said as she was spitting out crumbs. 

"Says the one who is spitting out crumbs," Eunbi winked at Chaewon before heading out of the infirmary.  

Moments later Sakura and her five puppies walked into the infirmary as Hyewon was still stuffing . Hyewon's eyes widened as frosting remained on her lip and widened as she realized that you and Jihyo were still in the resting room. 

"Nurse Kang, we came looking for Jihyun. Is she here?" Nako looked around. 

"I'm here," they turned to face you.  You smiled as you walked toward's Nurse Kang's desk. "Dr.Kim didn't tell me how much I needed to take," You passed the medication bottle to Hyewon.

After she finished chewing and swallowing she took the bottle and looked at the label. Finding the dosage she pulled out a magnifiying glass. Taking a look at all the kids in the room nurse Kang decided not to openly tell them, "Come afterschool and I'll tell you then." 

"Alright. Thank you, Nurse Kang."

"Get better kid." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still having twenty minutes till lunch ended Yuri brought up the plan trying to get everyone's mind off what they saw. Wonyoung and Ahn Yujin caught up to the group as they were now holding hands, as if the previous argument was forgotten. Again Yujin immediately let go of Wonyoung's hand when Hitomi told them about Han River. 

"Unnie, I want to go. Let me go. I want to go!" Yujin shook Sakura's shoulder. 

"Yah! Everyone is going," Yuri's Busan dialect evident in her voice.

"I don't want to be the nineth wheel," you crossed your arms. (Haha like mother like daughter, Throwback to chapter 18: Danger when Jihyo said it to Twice)

"You're not a nineth wheel," Nako smiled.

"Uh, Yujin and Wonyoung are together, Yena and Yuri, Sakura and Chaeyeon and don't think I can't see the two of you secretly holding hands," you pointed to Nako and Hitomi.

"Finally, the cute duo is together." Yena fist bumped the air. 

"Hey I know, why don't you bring someone with you," you stared at Sakura questioning if she really knew you.

"Unnie doesn't need to bring anyone, she has me." Yujin said as she linked arms with you earning another glare from Wonyoung along with a growl.

"Why don't you bring Minjoo? We haven't seen her since the carnival." Chaeyeon suggested as  Minjoo coincidently walked past in the hallway. 

"That was only three days ago," Ahn Yujin commented.

"Minjoo-ssi!" Yena called her over waving like a maniac.

"What?" Minjoo became confused as she walked towards your gigantic group.

"Jihyun has something to ask you," Chaeyeon smirked at you before pushing the rest of the girls away and coming back to drag the to beagle, Yena and Yujin. 

"I don't have anything to say to her Lee Chaeyeon, get back here!" Minjoo stood in front of you as you continued to glare at her. 

"Chaeyeon said you have something to say to me?" she smiled.

"I don't," you crossed your arms and stomped back towards the nurse's office. 

Just because she liked you doesn't mean you were going to be nice to her. If there was one thing you learned by yourself it was to not trust anyone. You don't just take someone's journal to read it. From the camera it was obvious that Minjoo saw that you walked into classroom 3A. She could've gave it back to you then and there but she gave it back ot you around two weeks since you lost it. She said she was a trustful person? Then why did she have to read all your secrets since the moment you lost it. I don't tell secret that aren't mine to tell....well does that count for reading other people's stuff. 

"Jihyun?" Nurse Kang frowned.

"I'm heading home," you grabbed the medicine bottle and exited from the door leading into the parking lot.