Favorite Granddaughter

Twice's Daughter

It was a long last week. You kept to yourself more than you usually did around the other nine girls. The girls seemed to notice trying to include you in everything talked about. When school got out  on the last day you decided to walk rather than take the subway home. It was a four hour walk but maybe then you would be able to clear your mind. 

What you didn't expect was to be greeted by Grandma and Grandpa Myoui. You bowed and hugged them both before heading into your room to shower. Whenever any of your grandparents came over they always mentioned how similar you were to their daughter... Well you were raised by nine different people. 

"Obaachan, ojiichan, (grandma, grandpa) what are you doing here?" you asked in Japanese.

"Don't call me obaachan it makes me feel old," Mrs. Myoui hugged you once more. "Call me okaasan, (mom) of course we are here to visit our favorite granddaughter." 

"She's your only granddaughter," Mina spoke from the couch upset that she was not the reason why they are here. 

"Mina, I came for you!" her dad hugged her. 

"Are you guys staying here? If so you can use my room," you started to head down to your room to grab some blankets and pillows so you could sleep in the living room. Well you were going to sleep on the massage chair...

"No,no,no kiddo. You stay in your room, we're staying at a hotel near here so don't worry," Mrs. Myoui held onto your hand again pulling you to sit on the couch. 

Mina's parents, along with you, Mina, Momo and Sana sat in the living room talking to each other. Due to a tiring day, you were slowly falling asleep. You weren't really sure what they were talking about, before you dosed off they were talking about Okinawa. Your head shot up when you heard Momo and Sana burst into laughter. Mrs. Myoui noticed as she smiled and patted your knee. 

"You can go to sleep, you don't have to wait for us to leave." Mrs Myoui said to you looking at the clock that read 9:00pm

"Okaasan she always waits for us to get home to sleep," Mina said a little upset that you always waited for them.

"Jya, let,'s get you to you room," Mrs. Myoui held on to your hand. 

You went to brush your teeth as Mrs. Myoui sat on your bed. Probably because she has been a parent longer she was able to notice something was wrong. And it wasn't anything to do with your health since you decided to call all your grandparents to tell them the news. You sat on your bed facing Mrs. Myoui as she held your hands in hers. It felt nice when any of your grandparents were over as it wasn't too hectic when Twice had to leave suddenly or get on a plane somewhere. 

"I just wanted to check on how you are doing," Mrs. Myoui smiled.

"My health has been okay, I've made some friends at school," your smile grew. 

"That's good," she paused before continuing. "That doesn't seem like everything, it must not be about your health or school since you smiled widely. Boyfriend? Girlfriend?" 

"No, the person I like is in a relationship already."

"What about being with Twice?"

You looked at the stairs wondering if any of the members would hear as you would be talking about them. "It's nothing bad but,"

"But does it have to deal with you waiting for them to come home?" you nodded. "How come?"

"I think it is out of habit, I don't remember when it started. I wait for them to come home because I'm afraid one day when I wake up that this is all a dream. From my friends to Twice. I'm scared one day I'll wake up and my friends only used me to get to them. I am very happy that they decided to adopt me but I'm afraid of being abondoned, my birth parents left me at an orphanage and I'm always scared..." your voice got caught in your throat. 

"In this world it is hard to know who to trust and who not to trust, in your case it may be harder. But you can not always think that, thinking you can't trust someone relfects how you act towards them. There might be a time later on when they see that and don't feel comfortable around you where they wouldn't feel anything making it easier to betray. If you want someone to trust you, you have to trust them too. I'm not forcing you to tell anyone, but if you tell your friends or Twice it will make you feel better. I can not guarntee that your friends will always be your side but I know for a fact that Twice does and always loves you, even through hard times they made sure you were okay and I'm sure they have been loving you the moment you were theirs. You will not be forgotten to them as your birth parents did to you," Mrs Myoui hugged you as you wiped away the few tears in your eyes. 

"When are you going back?" you asked.

"Were going back tomorrow night but you and all your parents are going with us to Okinawa tomorrow,"

"We're going to Okinawa?" The sadness was forgotten. 

"Yes, but you have to sleep first. And we'll help you pack tomorrow. 

You slipped under the covers and pulled the blankets over your head, getting ready to sleep. Although it took pretty long for you to fall asleep, you still closed you eyes. Maybe things will finally start to be good again, going on a trip with Twice and your grandparents, having a bigger group of friends and finally not having to deal with Younggun.