Truth

Twice's Daughter

The morning half was spent on shopping and the later half of the day was spent at a fimilar place for Twice. Mr and Mrs Myoui rented out the beach the girls filmed Dance the Night Away at. J-line's fathers started a fire in an hour or two. While they were starting a fire the "Appas" --Jungyeon, Momo, Tzuyu, and Dahyun-- went to get fire wood, the "Ummas" --Jihyo, Nayeon, Mina, Chaeyoung and Sana-- sent up the three tents that were brought. J-line's mothers went to get kobe beef from a nearby grocery story along with marshmallows. You on the other hand didn't just want to sit around and when you found a log big enough to seat six people you brought it back to the campfire. Other logs you found only seated two-three people. 

After eating your dinner, every single person took a seat around the fire whether it was on the sand or on a log. While roasting marshmallows, the Twice members went around giving a thank you speech to the other members, to you and the J-line's parents. After listining to everyone's thank you, you built up the courage to tell them how you feel. 

"I feel like my loyalty and kindness is being tested right now. From receiving death threats to this heart disease, it just doesn’t seem fair. Don't get me wrong, I love you guys with all my heart... but there are nights when I wake up in the middle of the night and pinch myself. I'm scared that it is all a dream that you and my friends will end up abondoning me like my birth parents did. I can't seem to get that out of my head as you guys go to schedules while I feel lonely at home..." You stopped venting when your marshmallow caught on fire as you tried to blow it out.

The Twice members didn't know what to say as they looked at one another. Despite being a parent to you for these many years there was still a lot they needed to learn. So the J-line mothers took the initiative. 

"Jihyun if you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, You're playing a game by youself in which you can not win," Momo's mother placed her hand on your knee as you were now eating the marshmallow after peeling off the burnt parts. "It's like expecting a lion to not eat you, because you didn't eat it."

"You're a stong girl and we all know that. You have people who love you so don't be afraid. You can cry and fall around us, it's okay if you get hurt because that makes you stronger. Don't just laugh everday, you're doing well," Mina's mother stood up to pat your back.

"Okay I have a story everyone can listen," Sana's mom started. "It's called the story of the pregnant elephant. An elephant and a dog became pregnant at the same time. Three months down the line the dog gave birth to six puppies. Six months later, the dog was pregnant again, and nine months on it gave birth to another dozen puppies. The pattern continued. When the eighteenth  month came the dog approached the elephant questioning 'Are you sure that you are pregnant? We became pregnant on the same date, and I have given birth three times now to a dozen puppies and they are now grown to become big dogs, yet you are still pregnant. What is going on?' The elephant replied, "There is something I want you to understand. What I am carrying is not a puppy but an elephant. I only give birth to one in two years. When my baby hits the ground, the whole Earth will feel it. When my baby crosses the road human beings stop and watch in admiration, what I carry draw attention. What I am carrying is mighty and great," she held onto yours and Sana's hands. "Don't lose faith when you see others receive answers to their prayers. Don't be envious because you're giving it your all. Hardwork beats talent everytime." 

There was not one person there who did not have tears in their eyes or a look of pain. Everyone hugged one another before gathering in a big group hug. Heading to Okinawa definately made you feel better and when you got back the next day it would no longer be a secret to your friends who your parents are. You asked Twice if it was alright in which they replied with saying "if you trust them we will trust your decision." 

When the jet landed in Incheon once again you did not have to go through a crowd. Once all your belongings were placed at home you texted Nako that you were home. In an instant you continued to get spammed from the group Chaeyeon made. They agreed on Korean Barbecue tonight and Han River tomorrow. Everyone contributed to paying even though Ahn Yujin recommended a game to play so one person could pay. It was a good idea if it wasn't Korean Barbecue because that was expensive especially if every single person there was growing and ate a lot. Minjoo was there too, you were still upset that she read your notebook. Chaeyeon suggested for everyone to go to her house after but you shook your head inviting the girls to your house. 

"Are you sure?" Chaeyeon and Sakura asked. "Wouldn't your parents b-

"They are okay with it, I asked them already."

You smiled to yourself while putting in the code to your house. When the door opened, the only voices came from the television. However, Nako was quick to realize that the dorm looked familar and almost fainted when she saw Sana walk out with a bowl of strawberries from the kitchen. Nako took a another step and found the rest of the Twice members watching one of Seungyeon's drama. Ahn Yujin shook Wonyoung's shoulders as Yena and Yuri jumped happily, Nako and Hitomi stood frozen with their jaw touching the floor. Sakura, Minjoo and Chaeyeon bowed. 

"Jihyun are these your friends?" Tzuyu asked turning her head over her shoulder. 

"Ji-chan your parents are Twice!" Nako jumped in circles. "It is an honor to be your friend," Nako went on her knees to bow at you.