Steps

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It probably was her eyes. Maybe it was even the way she talks. Sometimes Lisa wonders if it's actually the way she carries herself with so much poise, elegance and confidence. She makes you feel like she's way out of your league. No one's perfect but she's definitely someone you look up to.

 

It's rare to get her smile. You'll have to do your best to even get her attention. It's either you do well or you cause some trouble. Any other way, it seems that you still won't be able to get her heart.

 

 

 

I like her.

 

Maybe I even love her.

 

 

That's what she thinks.

 

 

 

It will forever be unrequited.

 

Don't hope.

 

 

That's what people tell her.

 

 

 

But Lisa can't help it. Especially when she feels closer to her at times. When her almighty drop-dead crush would act so comfortable with her. She thinks it's possible.

 

 

 

We're not related by blood. She isn't my parents or siblings. It won't be .

 

 

 

But somehow the thought of being together with her screams trouble. Something that can take her to a trip in prison. Something that can make people look at her in question and disgust.

 

So Lisa ignores it. She ignores the loud pounding of her heart every time she walks by her. She ignores the words of adoration on the tip of her tongue. She ignores the questions of possibility even when a chance to ask comes up.

 

She even tried ignoring her presence. Her face, her voice and even her scent that still lingered perfectly in her senses. She tried to ignore every little thing yet her heart doesn't seem to listen. Doesn't want to cooperate with her. Doesn't want to ignore the fact that she exists.

 

 

 

Maybe someone could replace her. Someone who's within my reach and someone who's the same as me. Maybe that someone could even be better...
 

 

 

 

It didn't work out. Maybe because she realized that instead of her beautiful face, my eyes are accustomed in looking straight ahead to search for hers. She realized that I just did it out of refusal to choose my true feelings. She wasn't angry at me. She said she understood. My best friend who became my girlfriend then my ex real quick said she understood. She knew beforehand. She knew that I never forgot her even when we agreed we would give it a try.

 

 

 

I was angry. I was still confused. Why? Why does it have to be her? Why can't it be anyone in the streets? Isn't this just infatuation? Is this love? If it is, why do I have to love her this much?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter