Chocolate

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've never loved or even liked chocolates or sweet things that much. Just think about all the cavities and fats you can gain from it. It's a big deal for me.

 

I don't think I'll ever like it.

 

 

I thought that I'll never do.

 

 

Well...

 

 

I thought that before.

 



 

=  =  =  =  =


 

 

 

"Yah yah yah." Jisoo whispered to my ear. "She's staring at you."

 

"Jinja? That Park Chaeyoung is?" Irene said before I can speak up. "Heol. Is our Jennie finally gonna have a love life?"

 

"Argh!" They were teasing me now and I decided to just walk away before they can even tease me more. In louder voices that can make her hear us. "Whatever, you two."

 

"Yah! We're serious! What if that person comes up to you tomorrow and gives you chocolate?"

 

I shook my head but I dared to glance back. She was staring at me. She widened her eyes for a fraction and looked away.

 

 

 

Why does she always do that?

 

 

Is she intimidated or...

 

 

Does she like me too?




 

=  =  =  =  =




 

"Ms. Park, can you please answer?"

 

 

I looked over to see her standing up b with confidence. Of course. Why wouldn't she if she also lived in a foreign country before? Thus the ability to speak in English is easier than eating. Beside this sentence construction is really easy. It'll be a piece of cake.

 

Her face looked like as if she was daydreaming and barely had attention to listen to Mr. Song. I wonder what she was thinking about. I stared at her with a smile. She noticed but she faced forward afterwards.

 

 

"There's n-nothing wrong w-with the sentence!" She said almost immediately. Wrong. What's with her today? She's stunning-- I meant stuttering.

 

"There's nothing wrong you say?" He had an amused face and the rest of the class was... Well, they don't even understand it. As usual. "Ms. Park, can you please read the the second sentence of the third paragraph in page 252?"

 

"Yes, sir!" She picked up and her eyes squinted. She widened her eyes when she realized why she was wrong. She read the passage in English. "I love her. I did loved Jenny."
 

 

 

You love me?

 

 

Geez Jennie. Stop it!
 

 

 

"So is there something wrong with the sentence?"

 

"Sir... Yes, there is." Mr. Song looked expectant so she continued talking while her rosy cheeks became even more red in color. "The sentence is wrong because 'did' is already in past tense and using it side by side with the verb 'loved'... Love should be in present tense so that it won't be grammatically incorrect."

 

 

She talked fast with her voice slightly raised. The way how she talks when she's embarrased or nervous. Kiyowo. I didn't listen anymore when Mr. Song slightly scold her. I just kept looking at her and wondered how can such an precious angel walk on earth.

 

Once she sat down, I shamelessly let my eyes linger at her longer. I smiled and looked away. I read the sentence that she was just reading a while ago.
 

 

 

"I love her. I did loved Jenny."

 

So wrong, dude.
 

 

 

But I smiled still as I crossed out the two words and replaced it. I prefer the sentence this way. I didn't care if the whole meaning of the selection would change.

 

 

 

"I love her. I do love Jenny."

 

 

 

Because I'd rather imagine that coming from her singsong voice.

 



 

=  =  =  =  =

 



 

"Do you need something?"

 

 

She was standing in front of me in the empty hallway. Damn... She's so beautiful. Why didn't Da Vinci made an artwork out of her instead of Mona Lisa?

 

 

Lisa.

 

 

Damn it.

 

 

 

I feel upset this whole Valentine's Day because I really thought I would be receiving chocolates from her. I didn't though. Instead, her best friend, Lisa, did. I subtle don't let it show that I know that she likes me. But still...
 

 

 

Is it also like that in the sentence yesterday? Is her feelings for me only in past tense now?

 

 

Maybe Jennie Kim. Most probably. She gave her best friend and not you.

 

 

How could you even spend nights imagining that you're dating such a girl?

 

 

She gave up on you. It's pointless and stupid to think about it. Park Chaeyoung is in no way of liking--
 

 

 

 

"I like you, Jennie Kim. I really do."

 


 

HOLY GUACAMOLE PIECE OF SHI--

 

 

SHE JUST SAID IT. SHE EFFIN SAID IT!

 

 

.

 

 

WHAT DO I SAY?

 

 

WHAT DO I SAY?!

 

 

.

 

 

THINK JENNIE KIM THINK!
 

 

 

I acted calm but the sight of her giving others chocolate and not me... Infuriates me. I pushed my palm out and saw her staring at it.

 

 

"Where's my chocolate?"
 

 

Good. Now if she gives it to you, Jennie, you say--
 

 

"I...I--I don't have it."
 

 

 

Oh My God. This is just-- What do I say now?!

 

 

Play it cool, Jennie. PLAY IT COOL.
 

 

 

"Your name is--"

 

"Park Chaeyoung."
 

 

I know, love. I know.
 

 

She started talking really fast now as if she's running a marathon. "I know you probably don't know me and you probably don't care but I really like you. I just want you to know. Now, if you're going to reject me then please do it directly. I'm gonna be hurt but I'll deal with it. I like you but I know you don't feel the same."
 

 

 

What the fu--

 

 

Fudge.

 

 

Don't cuss in front of her!

 

 

Who in the hell said that I don't know her and that I don't care? Who in the hell said that I'm going to reject her?! And who in the ing hell said that I don't ing feel the same?!

 


 

She's making me insane. Doesn't she even realize those stolen glances I threw at her? Those gummy smiles I tried so hard to contain that I just turn to my friends so it'll look like it's for them? My actions trying to be hot and cool in her eyes to impress her?

 

Who wouldn't notice that? Jisoo unnie and Irene unnie figured it out within minutes after I started acting up because I like her so much. Is she really that oblivious? Or is she that--

 

 

"Park Chaeyoung... Are you really that stupid?"

 

"I guess I am." She lowered her head. No. I didn't say that to make her cry. , Kim, !
 

 

But this is really unbelievable!
 

 

"Yeah you are." I'm trying to think of how to comfort her but I can't. I still can't get over on what she said earlier. "Who confesses and have their o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter