Lie

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning:

Some swearing/curse words and a bit... angsty? See for yourself.

 

 

 

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bobby wants to introduce Jisoo to his friend and fiancée. Bobby and Jisoo was in that relationship wherein, they're more than friends but less than lovers. Bobby is probably one of the best men that would fit Jisoo. The only problem is that... She still doesn't know if it's okay or if she's okay in finally having someone by her side for a long time.

 

Jisoo's friendly and definitely attractive but she once knew someone who she swore was enough to complete her life. That girl seemed to have a sign plastered on her whole being saying "Danger". She's like a  and even act like one at times too. But her gummy smile and true personality made Jisoo love her more than anyone else. She knew her more than anyone. Trusted her more than anyone. Loved her more than anyone.

 

 

 

Yeah.

 

 

She loved her.

 

 

 

Past tense.

 

 

 

 

 

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

 

 

 

"Chichu! Can you go out with me this Saturday?"

 

"What's the big deal?"

 

"Nothing much. Just this movie date with a stupid couple."

 

"You need me as a substitue date for you? Why? Ain't any girl to go with?"

 

"Just tired of asking someone I barely know. Besides, you're my best friend and you're straight. That takes a hella lot of problems away."

 

"..."

 

"Please? For me?"

 

Sigh. "Fine. Just this once."

 

 

 

She lost count of how many times that happened.

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

Sometimes Jisoo don't even know if they're acting or everything's real already. The first time they kissed, she felt fireworks. It meant something. Boys that she dated before never really gave much more than a kiss that felt so simple and barely even a spark.

 

She searched her best friend slash pretend girlfriend's eyes. It was not looking at her. Moreover, it seemed conflicted.

 

It meant something.

 

 

She just didn't know if it was good or bad.

 

 

If she should hope or not.

 

 

Because honestly...

 

 

 

 

She's helplessly falling and she's not sure if Jennie's willing to catch her.

 

 

 

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

 

 

 

 

 

Jisoo is so used to flashbacks and memories coming back. She experiences it most of the time in her life. She just never expected it to hit her so hard this time. So bad that she can barely speak, let alone act like an indifferent person in front of the people whom Bobby just introduced her to.

 

She shouldn't act as if it mattered. She shouldn't act as if she still cared. She shouldn't stay quiet and steal glances at her.

 

She shouldn't be here. She shouldn't be here holding someone else's hand. She shouldn't be here acting like she already belongs to someone else.

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

Jisoo thought to herself.

 

 

 

I shouldn't be here.

 

 

I shouldn't be here seeing her hand being held by another guy. I shouldn't be here watching her belong to someone else.

 

 

I shouldn't be here knowing that Jennie's wearing that diamond on her finger and I'm not the one she's betrothed to.

 

 

 

 

 

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

 

 

 

"That girl, Kim Jisoo, is she really just a best friend to you?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Jennie, she's not your type. She's also your bestfriend. She's also straight btw. Is it that fun to bring her to dates?"

 

"If you already have an answer, why bother asking me?"

 

 

What do you mean by that, Jennie?

 

 

", you gotta teach me this friends with benefits thingy."

 

 

Don't go. Please tell her it's not real. Please say it.

 

 

 

She heard the door closing but she didn't let herself out of the cubicle. She's afraid that if she did... She'll be someone even she herself won't recognize for wanting something so bad.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter