Career

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She saw her.

 

 

She saw the person that she has love for a long time, smiling as if she owns the world.

 

 

She smiled in response even when she knows that her love's smile means different now. It's filled with glee, yes. It's filled with love. It's filled with every feeling and emotion that it had before.

 

 

 

The biggest and only factor to it is that...

 

 

 

It wasn't meant for her anymore. Lisa's not her person anymore.

 

 

She knew it by now. Park Chaeyoung knows that it's all her fault. It's been her doing since a long time ago.

 

 

 

Maybe she can have another chance...

 

 

Maybe she can...

 

 

 

But seeing a beautiful smile like that...

 

 

 

It became another painful moment to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

"Can you not pass this up for once?"

 

She's used to hearing it from her friends all the time but now... it's coming from someone special and different.

 

"Lisa... I have a really hard and long test to pass tomorrow." She replied while hugging her sulking girlfriend. She then spoke in English, making Lisa hear that Australian accent that she's fond of. "I'm really really sorry."

 

"But it's finally our dance competition tomorrow. Can't you just cheer me on like how other girlfriends do?" She turned around to face the dark chestnut haired beauty. "Come on, Chaeyoungie?"

 

"You said I'm not like those other girlfriends." She pouted and acted as if she was hurt.

 

Seeing that, Lisa immediately waved her hands in front of her in a cute manner. "You're not! What I meant is that--"

 

 

Chaeyoung kissed the latter and smiled. A blush formed on the blonde's cheek. As her lips haven't grown accustomed to all those kisses it received from her girlfriend.

 

 

"How about we spend the time together after? You know? We can watch movies and sing along to songs?" Chaeyoung suggested while Lisa kept a stunned face. "Your place or mine?"

 

"Anywhere's fine. As long as you're there with me." Lisa said with a genuine smile.

 

 

 

 

 

= = =

 

 

 

 

 

"That is just so you, Chaeyoung!" Jennie was incredibly heated up. "We've had this plan since long ago! Are you really going to ditch us again?"

 

"Look, I'm sorry okay? What do you want me to do? Tell the university to postpone my interview because my friends and I have plans more important than my future?!"

 

"Yeah. Maybe this time we'll see people other than me, Jisoo and Lisa adjusting to you and your priorities!" Jennie exclaimed sarcastically as she can't take it anymore.

 

"Jennie, stop it. It's not like we didn't expect this happening." Jisoo said as she pulled the brunette away from Chaeyoung. "Come on. Let's just go."

 

"Jisoo unnie, I'm really sorry. I promise next time I'll--" Chaeyoung was cut off by the oldest with a disappointed face.

 

"Don't. Just don't promise anymore. Please, Chaeyoung. It's hard to keep hoping and waiting you'll ever see our point." Jisoo said as she left with Jennie leaving the two youngest.

 

 

Tears were starting to fall from Chaeyoung's eyes. She sniffed and when Lisa saw it, she pulled her into a hug. She slacked her head on the latter's shoulder, feeling all spent up.

 

 

"Am I that of a horrible person, Lisa? Am I really someone so despicable for hurting my friends?" Chaeyoung cried. "It's not like I can control these things. I also want to celebrate with you g-guys for Jisoo unnie's successful perfor-formance. I j-just--"

 

"Shh shh." Lisa kissed her on the head, comforting the crying girl. "They understand you. They're just really sad that we can't go together again. It's been a long time since we hung out together remember?"

 

"Yeah but..." Chaeyoung groaned. "This interview can determine my future. My parents wouldn't want me to make it inferior than anything. It's my career."

 

"Chaeyoungie--"

 

"But I really want to go! I want to make it up to you guys. I imagine how much it would be and it just tear my heart apart now."

 

 

Lisa continued patting her head and thought of a way to solve the problem. When an idea came up to her, she smiled and pulled away to look into Chaeyoung's eyes.

 

 

"Don't worry. I'll fix it for you. You can make it up to us next time but for this one... Leave it to me."

 

 

 

 

 

= = =

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh come on unnie! Just come shop with me!"

 

"I told you the tickets we bought will expire today! Why are you so insistent about this?" Jennie said to Lisa while Jisoo was just watching them.

 

"But I'm talking about this whole day and limited edition sale! Yah you can buy as much Gucci products that you want!"

 

"What about our amusement park trip? We kept postponing since Rosie can't come and--" Jennie squinted her eyes.

 

"Yes?"

 

"You don't want us to go without her huh? I told you, Lisa, it's time to stop making her--"

 

"Of course I wouldn't want to go with only you two! I don't wanna be a third wheel!" Lisa said with a huge pout which caused Jisoo to shake her head with a smile. "Let's just go tomorrow huh?! I'll even be the one buying you things! Promise! Yah what more is better than all those designer brand goods?! You're not Kim Jennie if you reject me!"

 

"Let's just go there, Jennie." Jisoo finally spoke up. "I think I want to look around too."

 

"What about the tickets--?"

 

"I'll buy them unnie! One for each of us!" Lisa raised her hand with a huge smile, hoping that Jennie will finally give in.

 

"Seriously, the things you do for your, Rośe." Jennie shook her head. "Fine but you are responsible for what I'm gonna buy."

 

 

Jennie proceeded to wait for taxi as Lisa let out a sigh of relief. Jisoo tiptoed so she can whispered to her ears.

 

 

"I'll pay for the tickets to the amusement park. Y'know how much Jennie spends. You don't have to be bankrupt just to make things okay."

 

"Unnie." Lisa started. "Chaeyoung's also really upset, you know."

 

"I know. We're her friends, Lisa, of course we know that. Jennie just wants to fulfill my wish of us being complete." Jisoo said as she smiled at her girlfriend. "It's a special day that I want to spend with special people."

 

"I'm sorry unnie. Chaeyoung's just really--"

"Busy. I know." Jisoo sighed but she gave the blonde a smile. "She better be with us next time or I swear! Aigoo!"

 

"Yes yes!"

 

"You're buying me my lunch for the whole week though." Lisa blinked being confused of what Jisoo just said. "You can't really expect not to do anything for me when you're buying Jennie expensive things, do you? I'm even the one buying the tickets again!"

 

"Yeah but... Yah! Buying you food is a lot more than those four tickets!" She chased after Jisoo who walked away from her now. "Ahh unnie! You're really--!"

 

"Smart! I know right?!"

 

The three played around though not forgetting to send the other person knew what they were doing. Lisa sent a message and even though the reply was short and simple as a thank you and I love you... All the trouble and possible of her being bankrupt was worth it.

 

 

 

 

 

= = =

 

 

 

 

 

"No way. Jinja?! Heol. I told you that you guys should've broke up years ago." Jennie's teasing voice was heard as Lisa was just resting from being drained out of her work.

 

"Yah! You and Jisoo unnie should've broke up years ago if it weren't for me!" Lisa sighed and scratched her head. She looked at the door of their apartment and there was definitely someone coming later than usual. "It's not my fault she's doing better in her job than me who's being paid with--"

 

"An average day income. Yeah I know. Damn. Stop whining again. I'm tired of hearing you not celebrating your anniversary on the day itself." Jennie cut her off in a bored voice.

 

"I just wonder if she's even appreciating everything that I do for her. What if she's not content with what I'm giving her? What if there's someone who can sustain her better than me? What if--"

 

"What if you stop acting as if Chaeyoung's a materialistic girlfriend?" Jennie shut Lisa up immediately. "Even if you're just a low staff and she's already an owner of her company... That doesn't mean she's any better than you. You give more in your relationship and you know it. I can never be that patient if Jisoo became so workaholic."

 

"You can be. You're whipped, unnie. So whipped." Lisa stucked out her tongue as if the latter can see her.

 

"As if you aren't any better." And she can totally sense Jennie rolling her eyes. "Anyway, I have to go but do me a favor and be a make up artist for a day? Okay? Alright bye Nalalisa!"

 

"Yah!"

 

 

The call was dropped and she can only shake her head and finally drop it on the table. Marketing is definitely not in terms with her. She doesn't even know what made her choose it as her occupation but when she thinks about it... It will be because she's such a lovesick fool for Chaeyoung. Eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter