Partnership

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dad, what more do you want? Our corporation is already one of the top in the industry. Is it still lacking for you?" The current Officer In Charge and soon to be CEO of Kim Corporation said through her phone.

 

"Jennie, life is a wheel. You can never stay on top and there will be a point when you'll succumb to the ground."

 

"I swear that has never happened to me and to this company when you've let me handle things." She held the bridge of her nose.

 

"Just close that deal with them." She sighed as her father's once soft tone became commanding. "It shouldn't be that hard for you right? Or do you want me to do it by myself?"

 

"No. Why would the almighty CEO do that when he can just order his daughter around." She said sarcasically.

 

"Young lady, you're--"

 

"I get it, Dad. Don't get heated up too much. I'll get that partnership with them."

 

"Take your time with her. I'm pretty sure you'll like her too."

 

 

 

Did he just-- Oh my God. My dad couldn't be setting me up with an arranged marriage, is he?

 

 

 

"In what way? Don't tell me you're--"

 

"Just go meet her, Jennie-ah. She's also quite interested with that idea."

 

 

He chuckled while her daughter groaned. Her daughter has her own fair share of fame. It wasn't much of a surprise to him when the other CEO said she'll consider the deal since she likes everything about her daughter.

 

 

"Are you selling me out? And to the same gender at that?"

 

"If you fall for her then I wouldn't be selling you out, right?"

 

"Ahh! Jinja! I'm hanging up!" She hung up the phone and soon enough her jaw dropping secretary walked in.

 

 

 

I already like someone else, Dad.

 

 

 

"Miss Kim, the CEO told me earlier that once you hung up on him... An appointment with Rose Enterprises would be set."

 

"Rose Enterprises? Geez. Can't they even think of a better name?" She laid her head back and closed her eyes.

 

"The deal will take place this coming Friday, Miss--"

 

"Kim Jisoo, if you don't stop that I'm gonna fire you."

 

Her secretary widened her eyes and gave a soft chuckle. She's teasing the younger girl by being oh-so-polite. "You can't fire me, Jennie. You love me too much to lose me."

 

"Yah! Get out of here then! I can do things by myself just fine!" The OIC exclaimed at her.

 

Jisoo shook her head and walked while giggling towards the door. "Don't forget about the appointment, Jennie. Uncle wouldn't be happy if you disappoint him."

 

The door closed and Jennie dropped her head to her hands while shaking it. "Ah. Ahh... Ah! Aigoo! I swear if we weren't childhood friends and she's not good at her work..."

 

 

She just went back to her computer and decided to find more about their supposed to be business partner. It was new and doing quite well that every company would love to seal a deal with them. There wasn't much difference that makes the enterprise stand out against others. Only the fact that it was solely brought up and made by a single woman.

 

She was even younger than her. That's a feat that Jennie acknowledges. After all, she knows about hard work well enough even though the company was handed down to her by her father. The fact that their CEO only meets business partners discreetly made Jennie think as to the reason why. She didn't find any pictures of her. Just more achievements and wonders done in their field. She was interrupted when there was a knock on the door so she gave a sign to let the person in.

 

 

"Ms. Kim, these are papers that you need to sign." She looked up at the dark brown haired girl with a singsong voice. She coughed purposely when she realized that she had been staring longer than she needed to.

 

 

 

Not at the files. But at the girl's fair face.

 

 

 

She read the contents before signing it. She searched for a pen but the new intern already placed a sign pen with a rose design engraved on it.

 

 

 

Heol. What is it about roses today?

 

 

 

She took her time signing it. She decided to go for small talks.

 

 

"How's work?" She said in a quick pace.

 

"Sorry?"

 

"Is it going well? In your department?"

 

She gave the OIC a bright smile. "There was a problem with the photocopying machine so the work got delayed but--"

 

"I meant the people. I haven't got time to do my rounds these days."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter