Gravity

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lily, you're so cute!"

 

 

Given any situation, Lisa would definitely agree to that statement. It was a given fact though her new kitten was fiesty, Lily's just simply cute. So was the girl cuddling it close and not even experiencing the firsthand cold treatment of Luca's daughter.

 

 

"Aww, unnie, you're cute too. Cute and amazing and really lovable." She giggled when she saw the forming blush upon the older girl's face.

 

 

Jennie stayed silent despite the compliments, despite already hearing them well enough like a well known fact too. Lisa allowed the inexistent words linger in the air and just watch the raven haired girl. She looked so small and sensitive that the younger one wants to do everything to comfort and protect her.

 

She didn't ask what was wrong or what's up tonight. She knew that Kuma wasn't around, was staying with Jennie's mom at the moment. She also knew that their pets are their huge source of solace, maybe that's why Lisa just can't resist adopting more than one cat, and if she could offer that for Jennie... she would probably surrender one of hers it in a heartbeat. If it could help Jennie, she would give everything up for that.

 

Just like how Jennie did years ago for her even when it meant defying everything.

 

 

 

 

 

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

 

 

 

 

 

"15..."

 

 

Lisa wasn't sure what words came after their dance instructor signalled for a water break. All that registered was that it was a short time to distress after what was probably 2 hours and a half of continuous dancing. She had no problem with dancing, she was in her own comfort zone. It was easier than anything else but she did need to get some water back into her system.

 

The young girl, skinny and almost lanky with the way she carried herself, walked towards her own corner to collect her water jug and towel. She noticed that the other trainee, who didn't appear to be that older than her but was one of the trainees who came before her, dropped something next to her pile. At first, she thought it was the piece of paper to indicate what song performance she ought to perform for the monthly evaluation. Though it was that actual paper, Lisa found something else written at the back of it.

 

 

 

Washroom. Next water break. -J

 

 

 

"Oh!" The trainee, Jennie Kim, approached Lisa and pointed at the paper at hand. She was saying something and the latter wished she could understand the words because Jennie has a nice smile and her tone was really kind. Instead, she just reached it out for her to take and smiled. She still couldn't speak Korean that much with only the basic greetings that she mustered. "Thank you, Lalisa."

 

Lisa nodded and smiled a bit wider at the sound of her name. At least she wasn't referred as Thai girl. It was just her name but it was the first friendly gesture that she actually experienced. It was warm and it was nice that she almost ignored the implication of being a stuttering mess and inexperienced foreigner in the company.

 

Jennie proceeded back to her own group of friends and the gnawing feeling of emptiness filled Lisa instantly. She averted her gaze and wiped her face, trying to make her presence little next to nothing like how it usually was. Lisa let out a breath and calmed her heartbeat after getting all worked up. She wasn't sure if it was for the heavy routine or for her nerves going haywire for merely interacting with someone.

 

She chanced another glance at Jennie and let the gaze linger. Because the latter actually returned it unlike the other ones who ignored her. Lisa blinked her eyes and almost thought she imagined it when Jennie showed that piece of paper again with a small smile on her face.

 

It was gone too soon but Lisa thought the message was clear enough for her to take.

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"When they say that, it means we have to find ourselves a group then when Yang Hyunsuk say..." Jennie explained in English before she continued so as to let her understand.

 

 

Lisa took note of everything that comes out of the older girl's mouth as knowledge she direly n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter