Late

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"5 minutes. Jisoo unnie, I swear!"

 

"Almost there! There are too many people in the elevator."

 

"Just use the stairs then!"

 

"I'm already inside squeezing my fats. Too late for my poor self." Jisoo was really inside a packed elevator.

 

"No. You know who's gonna be poor?" Chaeyoung held the bridge of her nose. "We are! They're going to deduct from our paycheck! And it's gonna be because we're too late!"

 

People gave long stares to the dark brown haired when her loud whining voice was heard. Chaeyoung heard the elevator ding and kept herself away from the rushing workers. She quickly dragged the purple head when she sighted her.

 

"Is there any chance they'll believe that the elevator was stuck?!" She threw a grin to her.

 

"Oh gee unnie!"

 

They ran even faster as they saw the prim employee pointing to his watch. He was counting down the seconds left till the two young ladies are considered late. They're Korean but they work for their company's branch in Japan. In Japan, people are really punctual and these two girls became the opposite today. Well... the same can't be said about Jisoo. After all, she's always late every time.

 

 

"5. 4. 3..."

 

"YES. TIME IN!"

 

"SHHH!"

 

Chaeyoung bowed to the other employees for they were being too noisy. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

 

"Ayyeee late again?" They both turned around to see their supervisor.

 

"Aniyooo senpai! We made it!" Jisoo panted and the man smiled, his eyes barely visible. "2 seconds before the time to be exact!"

 

"Yah Kim Jisoo. If you're going to be late, don't drag Chaeyoung down with you. Don't tarnish her good attendance! Look at this poor girl!" He patted the tall girl and helped in fixing her hair.

 

"It's fine, Daesung sunbae." Chaeyoung smiled sheepishly. "It's not her fault that there are too many people in the elevator."

 

"But if she just wakes up early..." Daesung playfully and light hit Jisoo on the head. "Aigoo! Just what am I going to do with you! I swear the company's going to be--"

 

"Aye! That again?! You know that nothing's better without me, sunbae!"

 

"Ah ah aigooooo! You're really doing well! I am so glad I fought with others to keep you working here!" He smiled wider and Jisoo did the same. He stopped and put a serious face. "Now, go to work. The CEO's daughter will be here later and be in your best shoes later. All of you, okay?"

 

 

The whole team said yes and bid goodbye to Daesung. Chaeyoung bowed once again and Jisoo was looking down with a confused face. Chaeyoung went to her desk and looked back to Jisoo with an adoring smile you give to a cute child.

 

 

"What's wrong? We should start working, you know."

 

Jisoo looked up with a frown. "If I go back home now, will they deduct more from my income? I'm not late, right?"

 

"But you're skipping work time. That's like cutting class." Chaeyoung was squinting her eyes more and more. "Why? Did you forget something?"

 

"My shoes isn't exactly at its best." The people who heard it looked up for a moment then bursted out giggling or laughing. Her friend quickly approached Jisoo and sat her in front of her desk while shaking her head and giggling. "Why? Why are you guys laughing?"

 

"Oh... Jisoo unnie." Her eyes showed a lot of amusement and liking for the older girl. She told Jisoo the reason why.

 

Jisoo facepalmed herself and hugged Chaeyoung. "God, I can't imagine life without you, Chaeyoung-ah."

 

She just hugged her back. Replying to the older girl inside her head.

 

 

Me too, Jisoo.
 

 

 

 

I can't imagine life without you.
 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =
 

 

 

 

 

 

"Good afternoon, everyone. My name is Jennie Kim. I look forward to working with you and I hope you can lend me a hand." The stunningly attractive young lady stood in front of them smiled with a controlled one.

 

It was frightening how she can be both beautiful and powerful at the same time. Her presence was groundbreaking to everyone as if there was a huge gap between her and the others. No one dared to move unless in small nods and nervous smiles.

 

 

"Woah. So beautiful like a goddess."

 

 

It wasn't said in a loud way but more of in awe. The room was silent so all of the people turn to the girl who just spoke. Even the person in front searched for her.

 

Jisoo quickly hid behind Chaeyoung yet the new girl saw her. She let out a giggle because of the purple headed girl. Eyes turned back to her and she cleared . She kept a loose and carefree smile this time.

 

"Well there you go. That's Kim Jisoo, the one I told you about.." Daesung said in a teasing voice which made the others laugh and the said girl blush. "What do you say, Jennie?"

 

"I think the company's definitely better with her around, oppa." She said with a small laugh. Her eyes met Jisoo's wide ones. "I like her."

 

 

If Jisoo wasn't blushing earlier... Now she was, furiously. She was already attracted to Jennie the very first time she entered the room. Her heart thumping loudly on her chest as the latter said those last words. She was so focused and deep in those brown orbs that she didn't notice anything else.
 

 

 

She didn't see a certain girl looking back and forth between them, a sad smile forming on her lips.




 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

"You're late!"

 

"I'm sorry! There was really a heavy traffic back in the highway."

 

"Just what would your Jennie say if she sees you coming in at this hour? 2 hours after your time in!"

 

 

It had become an office joke. Jisoo having a huge crush on their new boss made one more reason for their team to . The good thing about this for Jisoo is that it doesn't make things awkward for her and Jennie. Especially when she trusts her the most and assigns tasks that others want to get.

 

 

"Do you think she'll turn a blind eye to this? You'll be punished for being late, Kim Jisoo--"

 

"I'm late too. Do I have to be punished too?" Jennie entered the office and was carefully tucking her hair.

 

"Jennie!" Daesung and Jennie have been closed this long time so it was okay to not use any honorifics.

 

"Of course not. You're the boss. You can come anytime you want and do anything you want. There's nothing urgent going on this day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter